New Head of Creative is...

Joe's Gonna Kill You

The Hunt is On
Eric Bischoff has assumed the role of head of creative on the heels of Bruce Prichard's departure.

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer is reporting TNA President Dixie Carter held a meeting with talent prior to the Destination X show in Louisville on Thursday. Carter told those in attendance that everything was fine with the company despite several recent talent cuts and noted there is much misunderstanding and the reason for cuts was to make the promotion stronger going forward

Bruce Prichard is one of the focal reasons behind TNA's improvement in the last two years.

Enjoy it while it still lasts. Can't wait to see The Nasty Boys on PPV!

You know what... Eric Bischoff.... give it your best shot. Seriously ... I hope he learned his lesson from his past.. otherwise I think this could be a blessing... I mean from a production stand point .. TNA is much better than before.. he's done a good job. Why the hell not... screw it.. if they are going for broke DO IT RIGHT!!! Might as well die trying.. maybe Bischoff can catch lightening in a bottle twice?

I just don't trust Bischoff to do what's right for the company when he has Hogan in his ear. You can say what you want about how Hogan is "good for business" and "controversy creates cash" and all that shambles, but the best idea Bischoff ever had (the nWo) he managed to overbook into the ground because the dude was a mark that wanted to hang around with all the wrestlers.

Oh good Christ. The nepotism that's going to come with this.

A lot of people here are beginning to sound like the ass holes on the main page's commenting board. I think we should give it some time first. Prichard was a big loss for the company creatively, as it is he who has taken charge since late 2011 and it's fair to say they have improved since then.

Can someone please tell me some of Eric's notable creative work?

A lot of people here are beginning to sound like the ass holes on the main page's commenting board. I think we should give it some time first. Prichard was a big loss for the company creatively, as it is he who has taken charge since late 2011 and it's fair to say they have improved since then.

Can someone please tell me some of Eric's notable creative work?

New Blood 2000

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer is reporting TNA President Dixie Carter held a meeting with talent prior to the Destination X show in Louisville on Thursday. Carter told those in attendance that everything was fine with the company despite several recent talent cuts and noted there is much misunderstanding and the reason for cuts was to make the promotion stronger going forward

This was just reported by Paglino:

Dixie Carter, Jeff Jarrett, TNA CFO Dean Broadhead and EVP Andy Barton were all backstage at last week's Impact Wrestling, and spoke to the entire TNA locker room about possibly continuing with budget cuts, warning everyone that they were still being evaluated.

In the meeting, Dixie claimed one of the major reasons for the cuts and restructuring were how much money they spent taping all the One Night Only pay-per-views earlier this year. These shows were pre-recorded in place of the eight pay-per-view events that TNA cut from their annual schedule, in order to save money.

And this by Mr. Killam:

Former WWE Vice President of Television Production John Gaburick has been taking on many of Bruce Prichard's roles in TNA, reports ProWrestling.net. Gaburick joined the company in June, and was named the Executive Vice President of Television Production.

So, the plan to stop losing money on pay per view eventually lost money anyway.

Seems pretty foolish to have brought in Bob Holly now.

So, the plan to stop losing money on pay per view eventually lost money anyway.

Seems pretty foolish to have brought in Bob Holly now.

Yeah, that was expected, but after a year or two they hope it will change. I think they expect the buy rates to increase after a while. This years Slammiversary and Lockdown had attendces larger than usual, and both events were also better than usual. To be fair, the money loss isn't even coming from the four PPV's per year format; it's coming from the fact that they now travel every fortnight which costs from around $600,000 to $700,000 per taping.

Yeah, that was expected, but after a year or two they hope it will change. I think they expect the buy rates to increase after a while. This years Slammiversary and Lockdown had attendces larger than usual, and both were also better than usual. To be fair, the money loss isn't even coming from the four PPV's per year format; it's coming from the fact that they now travel every fortnight which costs from around $600,000 to $700,000 per taping.

That's never going to happen; short of bringing in John Cena, TNA will always do what they've been doing for the last... What, five years?

That isn't bad, it isn't good, it's legitimately Groundhog Day

I'm going to withhold my laughter for when it's warranted.

I mean, I can certainly see the humor in it, but it isn't as if Bischoff is some abject failure. This is no death knell for the company. Bischoff didn't kill WCW, and he hasn't and won't kill TNA. I enjoyed WCW for the vast majority of Bischoff's Presidency, and he can be directly attributed with making it an international powerhouse. He signed some bad contracts, sure, but he had to to get the talent that would give WCW the upper hand on the WWF.

Mike Graham and Kevin Sullivan ran off The Radicalz. Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara made storylines and characters that ran fans off in droves. Kevin Nash, Hulk Hogan, and others used their creative authority to stifle the main event. New ownership took Nitro off of television. Bischoff made some blunders, but he's not as bad as some make him out to be.

This move isn't going to get me to tune into TNA any more often than I have been, but it isn't going to keep me away from it either.

He's been the executive produce since 2011, does anybody really think anything happened in TNA without Bischoff's knowledge? Pretty sure if Prichard wanted to do anything he had to first get it approved by Bischoff, this includes Sabin's world title win.

I have no problem with this move right now, he's probably the best avaible guy for the job right now, Jim Ross seems far too loyal to WWE to ever even consider this job, Heyman is tied up with WWE, & besides would you really want him running your wrestling promotion? there is also the fact that Heyman & Bischoff can't stand each other, Cornette is just a fucking idiot & has his head rammed so far up his own ass he would be one of the last people on Earth I would ever want to be running any promotion, he's just so fucking far out of touch with the business today. Bishcoff is the best guy for the job right now.

I don't think he'll make too many of the same mistakes again since he no longer has Billionaire Teds check book at his disposal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back