Need some advice guys....

Deexter Jorgan

Has a Dark Passenger on board...
Ok well im working within a group for uni who is producing a workshop piece of a winters tale, things where going well until recently.

Two members of the group have decided to take control the worst thing is they havent done any work, they have now decided to lumber me with the script so i can edit a shakespearian piece into a 2 hour movement piece, sounds easy doesnt it? well it isnt.

today they had a meeting without me, didnt attempt to contact me and are now attempting to get me to finish the script by monday, the thing is i cant get it done by then because its a long ass play, i attempted to explain that and the fact that im doing it on my own, im getting no help and the fact is they are damn bone idle, every time i attempt to talk to them they roll their damn eyes...

What should i do because i am going to explode!

This is where group work at university is the biggest pile of horse shit.

My advice would be to talk to your lecturer/tutor or whoever you are doing the group work for. Explain to them that you are being left to do an unreasonable amount of work. They should be sympathetic to your plight as it will not be the first time it has happened

That or start crackin' skulls. Give them the crazy eyes:

143mh5l.jpg

My advice would be to talk to your lecturer/tutor or whoever you are doing the group work for. Explain to them that you are being left to do an unreasonable amount of work. They should be sympathetic to your plight as it will not be the first time it has happened

^^^a thousand times this

tell me about it, its stupid, they are acting like a bunch of pricks and have done nothing, Im gonna talk to my lecturer about this, im gonna bring this to their attention first and discuss the issue, if they are unreasonable i will just let my lecturer know.

Is there any other things i could do maybe has anyone been in this situation before?

tell me about it, its stupid, they are acting like a bunch of pricks and have done nothing, Im gonna talk to my lecturer about this, im gonna bring this to their attention first and discuss the issue, if they are unreasonable i will just let my lecturer know.

Is there any other things i could do maybe has anyone been in this situation before?

I'm guessing that you are older than the rest of your group? They probably see you as a way for them to get a decent mark for very little effort. They assume that as an older student you have the work ethnic that will not allow you to fail so they will ride on your coat tails.

I've seen it happen so many times before.

Tell them to wise the fuck up and talk to your lecturer anyway because they have wasted their and more importantly your time. The damage is already done.

I'm guessing that you are older than the rest of your group? They probably see you as a way for them to get a decent mark for very little effort. They assume that as an older student you have the work ethnic that will not allow you to fail so they will ride on your coat tails.

I've seen it happen so many times before.

Tell them to wise the fuck up and talk to your lecturer anyway because they have wasted their and more importantly your time. The damage is already done.

Yeah i am, I will get it done

One of the problems my friends and I found at Uni with group work, is even after speaking to a lecturer, we still had to get on with things because the key issue is that the group doesn't realise that everyone's marks is based on team effort, the worse the other guys do, the worse it affects your marks too. Explain that part to your group that they can't expect the work to be done by you to get the marks for free, everyone's mark is at stake.

But I do agree with going to the lecturer, but it's a real shame to get these group situations pop up so often at uni, it's not a ball in a park!

Hope it gets sorted but I'm sorry to hear that you got stuck in that situation.

One of the problems my friends and I found at Uni with group work, is even after speaking to a lecturer, we still had to get on with things because the key issue is that the group doesn't realise that everyone's marks is based on team effort, the worse the other guys do, the worse it affects your marks too. Explain that part to your group that they can't expect the work to be done by you to get the marks for free, everyone's mark is at stake.

But I do agree with going to the lecturer, but it's a real shame to get these group situations pop up so often at uni, it's not a ball in a park!

Hope it gets sorted but I'm sorry to hear that you got stuck in that situation.

the worst thing about the situation is that the girl i worked with in the group is a complete prat, weve stopped being friends because of the fact that she has turned into a huge bitch, dont know why and dont no the reason behind it, Ive attempted to explain the situation to them but they dont give a shit, they actually think im the lazy the one and tried to swing it back at me.

Thats the reason why im getting so annoyed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back