• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NCAA Week 10 LD

Just to show the respect small teams get, Utah vs. TCU, a top five matchup, isn't on TV (at least that I can find) but Penn State vs. Northwestern is.

The fact that it's on a channel that's an offshoot of a major network kind of proves my point.

In fairness, each conference has contracts with television stations, and it's entirely possible, this is just a contract issue. I'm sure if ESPN or ABC could have this game on, they would.

As much as I hate the BCS system, I don't think ESPN is in on the scam. But ESPN isn't going to pay good money for a conference which won't make them money.

I figured the contracts had something to do with it, but I have issues with a game with two top five schools being on some sports package only channel. You would think someone would find someway to get it on where more people could see it.

I figured the contracts had something to do with it, but I have issues with a game with two top five schools being on some sports package only channel. You would think someone would find someway to get it on where more people could see it.

Doesn't seem like it's much of a game at this point...20-0 TCU says ESPN.

That didn't stop them last week when Ohio State was up I think 28 points on whoever they were destroying in the fourth quarter while USC and Oregon had 4-5 lead changes in the first half.

That didn't stop them last week when Ohio State was up I think 28 points on whoever they were destroying in the fourth quarter while USC and Oregon had 4-5 lead changes in the first half.

Not sure who that comment is directed towards, but I watched the Oregon vs. USC game in its entirety last week.

I got Ohio State and whoever they played last week. My dad is a big USC fan so he was ticked off. I figured it was a region thing.

Yea, just depends on were you live.

It was a literal hold your breath moment when I pushed the info button on my tv to see which game we were getting. Me and the Ol' lady were on the edge of our seat and then both were all YYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAA when the info screen said "Oregon Vs USC"

I got Ohio State and whoever they played last week. My dad is a big USC fan so he was ticked off. I figured it was a region thing.

There must be a LOT of Ohio State fans in the country, because I don't see how they draw ratings. They're the San Antonio Spurs of college football.

Thankfully, North Carolina and Florida State are in a shootout b/c I was about to lose hope in finding an interesting game.

Yea, just fucking awful. I would rather watch grass grow in december than watch Ohio State play western mighigan or whatever garbage ass team they are playing that week

That and they beat my Canes in the national title game and got even more smug. ESPN's love fest with them doesn't help either.

That and they beat my Canes in the national title game and got even more smug. ESPN's love fest with them doesn't help either.

I actually loved that game, just becuase I hated Miami with such an immense passion at that point in my life. That and I had a super ignorant buddy who just incessantly rattled on about Miami this and Miami that and they ALWAYS fucking won.

At few times in my life have I felt joy like I felt when Ohio State won that game, and in the fashion that they did.

I love the Canes and had to deal with this huge jerk that loved them and kept telling me how awesome they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back