NCAA Football Week 5 LD - Welcome to the Big 10, Nebraska

Another huge win for my Spartans. Cousins made some bad plays and the offense didn't get much going aside from a few big plays to BJ Cunningham, but the defense played lights out yet again. I know OSU's offense hasn't exactly been world beaters, especially without some of their more skilled players, but MSU won the battle of the trenches today, which has failed them in the past against big name opponents. Sure, it doesn't look as impressive without Tressell and Pryor, but a dominating performance defensively is something I'm loving to see.

There's still lots of work to do, but it's much better to do that after a hard fought win then a tough loss, so I'll take it.

And we stop another streak, so thats good. The only thing really left on the checklist is getting a bowl win. Good start to the Big 10 season, and with a bye next week before Michigan, they should be well rested to take down Denard, especially at home (since Cousins usually does better himself at home as well).

Ugh, no shutout, but just recover the onside kick. There was no need to blitz, but recover the ball and kneel it and the games over.

This is when I wish I had 2 television sets. Trying to watch the Yankee playoff game and Notre Dame vs. Purdue.

ND is pwning the chickens (get it, Purdue? lol) 21-3. Don't know how, as I just put it on. Apparently Michael Floyd has been a beast (that surprises maybe no one, as he's one of the top receivers in the NCAA).

Nice to see Nebraska losing. I know its way to early to be worried about divisional standings, but ahead a game (yes I know UM is tied with MSU but I still think Nebraska and MSU are the two best teams in that division) is nice.

Also makes me glad we have Wisconsin at Sparty, because otherwise it'd probably be ugly. We play much better at home.

I love this Badger team, it's a damn good time to be a football fan from Wisconsin with both the Pack & Badgers kicking ass!!

In any way ND wanted to. Complete domination tonight.
I really wish I watched this game. Damn Yankee playoff game (at least the Yankees had a similar domination). I kept looking at the score, and it kept going up and up. I was kinda sad that they apparently gave up a TD at the end.

ND absolutely needed a laugher like that. They had the 2 losses that were close, the ND game that wasn't close, but wasn't a laugher, then the pulling one out of their ass game vs. Pittsburgh.

Question, did they have any Red Zone turnovers? I hope not.

I really wish I watched this game. Damn Yankee playoff game (at least the Yankees had a similar domination). I kept looking at the score, and it kept going up and up. I was kinda sad that they apparently gave up a TD at the end.

ND absolutely needed a laugher like that. They had the 2 losses that were close, the ND game that wasn't close, but wasn't a laugher, then the pulling one out of their ass game vs. Pittsburgh.

Question, did they have any Red Zone turnovers? I hope not.

They didn't turn the ball over at all (yes, I really did just say that). And the touchdown came at the VERY end (under a minute) and against ND's backups. It was a fun game to watch as an Irish fan. Even Ben Turk had a couple good punt plays...not good punts, mind you, but a couple good punt plays (ball rolling ten yards towards Purdue's endzone, a punt downed inside the five, etc.).

They looked like the team they should have looked like all year long.

Purdue is absolutely awful so while ND looked good it wasn't exactly against even average competition. Wisconsin and Alabama put in the two best performances of the day/night.

Michigans defense has looked a ton better this year vs last year. They still aren't great by any means but that isn't going to happen overnight considering how bad they were last year. I'm looking forward to seeing how they play the next two weeks on the road against Northwestern and MSU. With the exception of the Notre Dame game the defense hasn't been challenged and they weren't all that great against the Irish. With the way the schedule plays out I see no reason Michigan can't go at least 9-3.

They didn't turn the ball over at all (yes, I really did just say that).
HOLY SHIT IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!!
And the touchdown came at the VERY end (under a minute) and against ND's backups. It was a fun game to watch as an Irish fan.
It makes me wish I actually watched it. Every time I looked, the score got better and better.
Even Ben Turk had a couple good punt plays...not good punts, mind you, but a couple good punt plays (ball rolling ten yards towards Purdue's endzone, a punt downed inside the five, etc.).
Damn, you know it's a good game when Ben Turk had a good game...

They looked like the team they should have looked like all year long.

Purdue is absolutely awful so while ND looked good it wasn't exactly against even average competition.
That doesn't matter. ND looked good, that's all that matters.
Wisconsin and Alabama put in the two best performances of the day/night.
Oklahoma. 62-6. Don't forget them. Stanford won 45-19 against UCLA too. And Clemson defeated #11 Virginia Tech rather handily. They had a good game too.

Oklahoma. 62-6. Don't forget them. Stanford won 45-19 against UCLA too. And Clemson defeated #11 Virginia Tech rather handily. They had a good game too.

I forgot Clemson, they definitely deserve to be grouped with Bama and Wisconsin. Stanford was good but UCLA isn't that great so they weren't as impressive as the other three. And I hope you realize that Oklahoma played Ball State. If we are just going to completely dismiss the competition level then Michigan's 58-0 win over Minnesota was the most impressive

Purdue is absolutely awful so while ND looked good it wasn't exactly against even average competition.
Agreed. Doesn't change the fact it was still domination. What you have to remember is that, aside from the 4th quarter at Michigan and turnovers, ND has pretty much controlled everyone they've played.

Agreed. Doesn't change the fact it was still domination. What you have to remember is that, aside from the 4th quarter at Michigan and turnovers, ND has pretty much controlled everyone they've played.

I agree with that. They could and probably should be undefeated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back