NCAA College Football 2014 - LD

Kermit

the Frog
With the 4-team playoff and an elevation in competition in non-conference play, this year adds even more to the pot when discussing college football.

As a bit of an icebreaker, let's put down our 4-team predictions for the first playoffs in division one college football.

1. Florida State
2. UCLA
3. OU
4. Alabama

The last two are easily interchangeable with a team(s) from their own conference. OU with Baylor, no one else is sniffing the playoffs (unless maybe K-State, if they go undefeated). Even then, OU or Baylor will most likely have to go undefeated to gain admission. However, there could be a scenario where they could drop a loss to one another and still get in (albeit, very unlikely). Alabama is easily interchangeable with whoever wins the SEC championship. I don't see the SEC cracking two teams this first year.

Mighty NorCal's California Golden Bears looking like a new team this year. As I predicted they would. Installed an all new system on both sides of the ball and played a ton of freshman last year. Of course they were frightfully bad.

UK had its high point this year by crushing Tennessee Martin. We should be fine against Ohio next week but then we get to lose our 27th straight to Florida.

Navy had some sweet uniforms this week, and hung in there with Ohio State til the end.

Oh, and ND is killing Rice. Everett Golson is looking good considering he hasn't played football in over 600 days.

UCLA had a very underwhelming performance today. I have no doubt they're gonna drop a few spots. Mora better fix up that O-line in a hurry. Stanford and Oregon are coming.

About time they gave the ball to Gurley and the other running backs, and the defense has really stepped up since the 2nd Quarter. I don't think Clemson has a positive yard in the 4th. I'm almost a little scared now though b/c I'm not used to Mark Richt making halftime adjustments.

USC put on a dominating show tonight. Let's see what they do against Stanford next week.

I'm really surprised by Oklahoma State's showing against Florida State. They had the 2nd most starters leave their program out of all of the Division 1 schools. Also, their quarterback has proven to be unreliable in the past. They should hold their heads high after that performance.

Glad we can go ahead and forget any sort of playoff contention for the Big Ten this early on.

Way to go for everyone involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back