NBA Thread - 2009-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denver is still alive, thankfully. Offensively, they played GREAT last night. The team as a whole could not have been more in sync. Carmello was spectacular as usual, scoring 26 points, while J.R. Smith FINALLY had a good game himself, dropping 17 points himself, shooting 4-5 from behind the three point line. And everyone else basically played well for Denver. 6 Denver Nuggets players were in double figures last night; if they can continue to play that way, they absolutely can make a comeback in this series and take it.

But, as good as that was last night, Atlanta’s 4th quarter play was that much worse. The Hawks were outscored 30-18 in the 4th last night, and Milwaukee shot 12-15 from the free throw line in the final quarter, while Atlanta didn’t even have an attempt from the free throw line. Absolutely pathetic, and I’m severely disappointed in them. They are a MUCH better team than Milwaukee, yet it’s very possible they lose this series now. Shame.

Denver did what they had to do- win at home. I don't see them winning Game 6. Look at them with all their infighting on twitter. They are a team that when things are good they're good, and when its bad its really bad. They came together for this game at home, not wanting to be embarassed on their home floor. But come Friday I see Utah ending this series. Its crazy how much a coach can change things for a team the way its happened with the Nuggets.

And maybe, just maybe Atlanta is overrated? Hmm. Actually I don't think so. But Milwaukee is making people wonder that. I think its the fact that their is no pressure on the Bucks. Nobody expected them to make any noise in the playoffs after all their injuries. And they are thriving with it. I think Atlanta is in serious trouble. They are not a good road team. This thing just might be done.

I can admit when I was wrong about something, and I'm admitting it right now: I was wrong about the San Antonio Spurs.

Man, how fucking impressive were they in this series? It's not even like I can say Dallas choked, because they didn't; those fuckers played their hearts out every single second of every game, and Dirk Nowitzki especially was terrific all throughout the series. San Antonio was just the better team. Much props to them proving me wrong.

But San Antonio vs. Phoenix should be a lot of fun in the next round. I see the Spurs winning that series (I'll go more into it later, but they always beat Phoenix), and so if they play the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals... we better fucking see the same Spurs team we saw against Dallas, otherwise I'm going to be PISSED. The Spurs team we saw against Dallas could EASILY sweep the Lakers team we've been seeing against Oklahoma City (let's certainly hope that is the case if the two teams end up playing).

Oh, and yeah... Phoenix was able to finish off Portland last night, too. Valiant effort from Portland, but without Brandon Roy at 100%, they just didn't stand a chance to win a 7 games series against a team with as much fire power as the Phoenix Suns. That Blazers team though has a VERY bright future. Very, very bright. No one can deny that.

Here's to a healthy 2010-2011 season, eh jmt?

It was disappointing to lose in the first round again. All of our expectations were to move forward to the Conference Semi-finals. I believe that with a healthy Brandon Roy, we would have. It's unfortunate that when we look ahead, we see San Antonio, a team that the Blazers have had a lot of success against this year. We would have avoided Denver and Utah altogether, and I don't think it's unrealistic to say that the Blazers could have given LA a run in the WCF. What could have been. It's a great time to call yourself a Blazer fan. Our team is young and still growing. A healthy Oden next year next to Aldridge and Camby makes me excited. Can't wait till next year.

Man it feels good to be a Spurs fan. Not only do they beat the overrated Mavs, they go up and play Phoenix. A team they have success against.

San Antone wasn't supposed to have a chance but they perservered and won in six. There defense stepped up. The role players stepped up and San Antonio moves on.

I expect this series to go seven games because Phoenix is good and they play a much different style. I believe San Antonio can win because they're on fire and they're much deeper now.

Take that Jeff ;)

Man, I love the Dallas Mavericks, but my god do they always blow it in the playoffs. I really just don't understand why they seem to always fall apart when the post season starts. They had they make up of a team that could make a serious win. Caron Butler was playing well, Dirk was dominating. But on the flip side, Jason Terry sucked out loud this series, Kidd was a non factor, and Shawn Marion might as well have stayed at home. It's kind of heartbreaking.

And now Dirk doesn't know if he is going to come back next season. That would be a major blow to the organization and to the city of Dallas. From all accounts the guys is loved by everyone, I know he is my favorite player in the league and I will follow him wherever he goes, but the Mavs may be in some big trouble if he leaves. I think he will stay but he is just so sick of the losing, which I don't blame him at all for. He is one of the best players in the league yet he still doesn't have a ring and I am sure he really wants one since he doesn't have that much longer left to play.

So after tonight only one series remains and that is Atlanta vs Milwaukee. The Bucks had there chance to get the upset but completely laid an egg offensively. Now the series goes back to the ATL and I don't see the Hawks losing two in a row at home.

Denver is a team that I really like but tonight they were eliminated by the Jazz. Without George Karl the Nuggets really struggled and never got on track in this series. Utah with all the injuries they have won't put up too much of a fight against the Lakers in my opinion.

LA took out the young Thunder in a very close game tonight. Oklahoma City had a chance to seal the victory but after Kobe missed the go ahead jumper they did not box out and Pau Gasol was able to get the winning put back. The Thunder have a bright future but this was a tough way to go out in the series.

Man, Denver really let me down, but I think in the long run, this could be a good thing since it should help them realize that the team they've had these past couple of years will not be able to get them to the next level.

Please, please for the love of God Denver get rid of that worthless piece of shit Kenyon Martin. He does more harm than good to the team and he's been that way for years now. Kick his ass to the fucking curve and go out and hire someone solid like David Lee. Shit if you have the money then shoot for Dirk Nowitzki or Chris Bosh. But whatever you do, let Martin go. PLEASE!!!

Also, I love George Karl, but I say give him a management job and hire Avery Johnson as the new head coach while he's still available. You just cannot depend on Karl's health from this point on

One solid Power Forward, and Avery Johnson as head coach... Denver wins a championship if they remain healthy with the team they have. I guarantee it.

But yeah... still sucks they lost. As Big Sexy said, with Utah's injuries and what not, they don't stand a chance against the Lakers, which disappoints me verily.

And good effort tonight from Atlanta. They finally showed up in the 3rd Quarter. I totally expect them to blow Milwaukee's ass out in Game 7.

Congrats to the Thunder.

Yes they lost, but to me they were big winners here. In their first playoffs ever, giving the Lakers all they can handle, and that whole team grew through this experience. Next year I expect them to be extremely dangerous.

Now Milwaukee vs Atlanta, I see Atlanta coming through here, mainly due to the experience and the fact that Bucks are still playing without their best player in Andrew Bogut. Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Al Horford, and Jamal Crawford are all too much for Brandon Jennings and company, and I see the Hawks winning by double digits in game seven.

Boy, I'm getting good at this basketball thing. I said San Antonio was going to win. I said Utah was going to win, and the Lakers. My boy Kobe Bryant came through with like 32 pts and half of them coming in the third quarter. Now I hope they go to Utah lose but that's for a different day.

No way Nowinski leaves Dallas, he gets paid 21 million. He won't see that if he tests free agency, seeing as how Wade, Bosh, and Lebron are all going to test free agency.

This was a scare. Hoping they'll sign someone. Dirks a good role player, he shouldn't be the main focus of your team. He's good, don't get me wrong but I don't see him as a dominating player. He can't make you better, and that's simply a fact.

No way Nowinski leaves Dallas, he gets paid 21 million. He won't see that if he tests free agency, seeing as how Wade, Bosh, and Lebron are all going to test free agency.

This was a scare. Hoping they'll sign someone. Dirks a good role player, he shouldn't be the main focus of your team. He's good, don't get me wrong but I don't see him as a dominating player. He can't make you better, and that's simply a fact.

I couldn't agree more. He loves Dallas, Dallas loves him. He isn't going to get 21 million dollars per year simply because he is aging and is near the end of the line. However, I do feel they need to get a big name in free agency, as they have a lot of good role players such as Kidd, Butler, and Haywood, but none of them are team carrying guys.

The Mavs will definitely be an interesting team to watch in free agency, knowing Mark Cuban.

With the NBA's fucked up first round schedule I guess now is good a time as any to make my second round predictions. One second round series has already started and one is yet to be determined but here we go.

Eastern Conference

Cavaliers vs Celtics- Cleveland took game one and I see them winning this series in 5 games. I'll give the Celtics game three but I just see LeBron completely dominating them this series. No one on Boston can guard him. This is really it for the Celtics current group so maybe they'll put up a better fight then I think but I don't see them doing much this series.

Magic vs Haws/Bucks- It will most likely be the ATL in this series and if that's the case then i say Orlando wins in 6. I'll give the Hawks games 3 and 4 at home but Orlando is just too strong and will eventually wear the Hawks down. If the Bucks pull the upset then I say Orlando in 5.

Western Conference

Lakers vs Jazz- LA takes this in 6. I really think they are going to go out and try to prove a point after struggling with the Thunder. Utah has a ton of injuries and the Lakers just have too much talent.

Suns vs Spurs- San Antonio is riding high after their upset of Dallas but I think their lack of depth catches up to them here. They won't go out easily so I'll say it goes 7 games but the Suns come out victorious.

I thought Boston had the game tonight, but LeBron and the rest of the Cavs showed up late in the 3rd and put it on them and never looked back.

Regardless, still a great effort by Boston, and they showed they can hang with the Cavs on the road, so they'll definitely hang with them at home when the series takes it there.

Overall, Cleveland vs. Boston should be a very fun series, but as much as it pains me to say it, I don't see Boston winning more than two games. No, Cleveland will take this in either 5 or 6, most likely 6.

Atlanta vs. Milwaukee tomorrow... I completely expect Atlanta to blow their Milwaukee's assess out, thus leading to Orlando vs. Atlanta. I agree with Big Sexy that Orlando takes that series in 6. Atlanta will manage to win two, maybe even one on the road, but no more than that. Orlando just has too much fire power and depth for them to handle.

If Deron Williams' injury is serious, then the Jazz will get swept; simple as that. With Deron at full health, maybe the Jazz will manage to win two games at home, but no more than that. This should be an easy series for the Lakers.

And Phoenix vs. San Antonio, I agree with most that it's going to 7 games; however, I think the Spurs will end up winning game 7 in Phoenix, and go on to face the Lakers in the Western Conference Finals. Spurs are just too experienced and controlled for a streaky team like Phoenix to win a 7 game series against them, especially since Ryan Lopez isn't playing.

Lebron James was officially named the MVP today for the second year in a row. This one really doesn't surprise me at all. James clearly had the most dominant season out of all the big names in the NBA, and he carries the Cavaliers on his back night after night. I'm sure there will be many more MVP awards coming his way in the near future.

The Hawks finally took out the Bucks today in game 7. Milwaukee might've had Atlanta on the ropes for a while, but they managed to crush them in game 6 and 7. Still, I'm not going to pick them to beat the Magic. That team just has too much fire power for Atlanta, and I the Hawks really don't have an answer for Dwight Howard.

It'll be a tough series, but I believe the Lakers will beat the Utah Jazz, and move on to the Western Conference Finals. The Jazz came close today, but like many other teams, they just don't have enough to take down LA.

Looks like Deron Williams is alright (24 points, 8 assist in Game 1), and because of that... Utah was actually able to keep it competitive today until Kobe's bitch ass went off. Nevertheless, Utah gave me optimism with their play today that they will make this a series. I certainly hope so. Lakers... man, I fucking hate them so much.

And as expected, Atlanta kicked Milwaukee's ass... no surprise. Hopefully Atlanta can be somewhat consistent against Orlando so they can win a couple of games against them. They have the talent to do it, but they just go on these spurts where they look like the worst team in basketball. It's quite remarkable how bad they can be with all the talent on that team. But fuck... when they're on, hardly any team can beat them.

Cleveland got absolutely embarrassed last night. They basically went through the motions and you can't do that against a veteran team like the Celtics. The Cavs need to come out and play with some emotion in Boston or they could be in trouble. Cleveland is the superior team but they certainly aren't playing like it.

Phoenix got a nice game 1 win over San Antonio. The one thing I thought would be the difference in the series was the Suns superior bench play to the Spurs but in this games both benches failed to do much. Phoenix's big three of Nash, Stoudamire, and Richardson just outplayed the big three of San Antonio with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili. This should be a good series and I still see Phoenix winning it.

Cleveland got absolutely embarrassed last night. They basically went through the motions and you can't do that against a veteran team like the Celtics. The Cavs need to come out and play with some emotion in Boston or they could be in trouble. Cleveland is the superior team but they certainly aren't playing like it.

Phoenix got a nice game 1 win over San Antonio. The one thing I thought would be the difference in the series was the Suns superior bench play to the Spurs but in this games both benches failed to do much. Phoenix's big three of Nash, Stoudamire, and Richardson just outplayed the big three of San Antonio with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili. This should be a good series and I still see Phoenix winning it.

The Cavaliers are too far over their heads, and the Celtics seem to find the golden ticket as they realized how big a mismatch Kevin Garnett on Antawn Jamison is. Once again Mike Brown is being out coached in the playoffs, and if the Cavs lose this series then Brown and LeBron will be gone from the city of Cleveland.

On to the Phoenix Series. Similar to Rondo being too fast for Mo Williams, Steve Nash is too quick for the point guards of San Antonio. With Tony Parker's injury lingering, I see Nash dominating the series as he did last night, and with Amare and Richardson, the Suns are too quick for the Spurs and I see the Suns winning the series in 6.

Yeah, tremendous performance from Boston last night. If they could get that kind of productivity out of Rasheed Wallace regularly, then they would be a VERY hard team to defeat. But, Rasheed, unfortunately, has been shit most of the season and one good game isn't going to put him on a miracle hot streak. If it does though, then man... Cleveland is in serious trouble.

Also, of course... there is LeBron's elbow, which is a concern. I really hope he's able to play through it, because the worst fucking thing in sports are "What if's." If LeBron isn't healthy, then whoever wins the championship this year will end up having that fact hanging over their head, "What if LeBron James was healthy, would so and so have won the championship?" It's always a shame when a "What if" comes into an equation for a championship team.

And Steve Nash was fucking spectacular last night, but the thing is... if Phoenix has any chance of winning this series, Nash is going to have to play like that for 3 more games out of possibly 6. Is it possible? Absolutely. Do I think it's going to happen? I'm sold on that just yet. Let's see how he does in game 2, and that's when we'll get a clearer picture on just how well Phoenix and Steve Nash will play in this series.

Man, Atlanta got their asses KICKED last night! Those motherfuckers lost by 41 points... unbelievable.

That said, I still expect them to win a game or two in this series, if not three. In absolutely no way does Orlando continue to manhandle the Hawks like they did last night. Atlanta's just too stacked for that to happen.

And those fucking Lakers were able to go up 2-0. Utah put up another valiant effort though. After trailing by close to 20, they were able to cut the lead to 6, but unfortunately... that's all they could do. That bastard Kobe made sure Utah never really got into reach to steal the game, scoring 22 points in the 2nd Half alone.

Hopefully though Utah is able to get these games at home and make it a series. I'm not optimistic they will, but you never know.

The Atlanta Hawks were destroyed last night. That has to be one of the worst beat downs I've ever witnessed. I think this series will end in game 5. The Hawks won't be swept because they have a pretty good team. Although, they do have one MAJOR problem......Dwight Howard. They could not stop him to save their lives. The Hawks must try to slow down Dwight some how.

I'm pretty sure the Lakers will beat the Jazz. The Jazz are putting up a good fight in this series, but the Lakers just have way too much fire power for them. Utah might push this series to a game 6, but LA will make it to the western conference finals no matter what.

43 points. That is beyond embarrassing for the Atlanta Hawks. Orlando absolutely dominated them on both ends of the court. I said this series would go 6 but Atlanta just hasn't been impressive at all in the playoffs and I wouldn't be surprised to see this one finished in 5 games.

LA took a 2-0 lead over Utah but as we know a series doesn't truly start until a team wins on the road. This is especially true in the NBA. So although Utah isn't finished I just don't see them winning any more then 2 games.

Well, the Hawks as we all have stated got their ass destroyed by 43 points. Now that is an utter disgrace at how they are playing these playoffs, allowing the Bucks without Andrew Bogut to go 7 games, and now this.

Atlanta needs to make a better showing to gain some more respect around the league, as anything can happen in free agency, and nobody wants to go there with that kind of performance in clutch time.

And the Lakers will win in 5 as I feel the Jazz have fought hard, and they are one of the best home teams in the league, and I feel they will grab one at home, but when it heads back to LA it is all over.

Now, David Stern said during the game 2 of the Celtics/Cavs game, that he wants LeBron to stay in Cleveland, and the system was made this way so stars stay with their teams.

I for one am not happy with this as it is about the playoffs right now, and I know he said he doesn't want free agency to overshadow the playoffs, but then why even make this statement during the interview. Just ignore the question, as now here we go again with the LeBron talk when it was settling down for the moment.

Are you ok with the commissioner of the league, making this kind of statement?

And while we are at it, if the Celtics win the series, do you see Lebron leaving Cleveland?

Are you ok with the commissioner of the league, making this kind of statement?

Yeah, I didn't mind at all. That's just the commissioner trying to woo LeBron into staying in Cleveland. It's much more profitable for the NBA for him to stay there, since Cleveland stays a big time market for them, whereas if LeBron went to New York or a big time city like that... it wouldn't matter since team like the Knicks, no matter how sucky they are, still sell the place out pretty much all year, and all of Cleveland's revenue would go down.

So, yeah... I understand it. Just the Commish adding his opinion to the matter. Nothing wrong with that if you ask me.

And while we are at it, if the Celtics win the series, do you see Lebron leaving Cleveland?

Oh, absolutely. That is, unless they fire Mike Brown and bring someone like Phil Jackson in (which is possible, especially if Cleveland does not win a championship this year).

Anyways, Phoenix went up 2-0 against San Antonio last night. They were fucking great, especially on the offensive boards. San Antonio should have been winning that game by like 20 at halftime, but they were getting MURDERED on the offensive boards all night long, which kept Phoenix in the game even though they were shooting so poorly, and of course if you keep a team like Phoenix in a game when they're shooting poorly, you're asking for trouble since it's only a matter of time before they heat up and start lighting your ass up, and that's what exactly happen. This series is going to be VERY interesting when it goes to San Antonio. The Spurs need to now when both of those games, otherwise they're fucked in this series.

And Orlando just beat Atlanta 112-98. Atlanta actually had a 7 point lead at Halftime, but Orlando came out firing and Atlanta just didn't have an answer for it. But the Hawks played a LOT better today than they did in Game 1, and they should definitely be able keep Games 3 and 4 close at home.

The Hawks were much more respectable last night, but I still don't see them winning more then 1 or 2 games. They really don't have an answer for Dwight Howard who scored 18 in the first quarter. The magic had 4 players with at least 20 points and they are just the all around better team. Joe Johnson really needs to step his game up in Orlando.

From a couple nights ago Phoenix was very impressive again. They didn't play their best game by any means and still came out with the win. Steve Nash was good but not great and like I said at the beginning of the series Phoenix's bench proved to be the difference. Jared Dudley and Channing Frye combined for 26 points and 10 rebounds on 9-15 shooting. Dudley had 4 offensive rebounds in the game and Frye knocked down 5 three pointers.

The Cavaliers/Celtics series has been very strange so far. In game 1, Cleveland managed to beat Boston. Then Boston comes back and dominates Cleavland in game 2, and now in game 3, Cleveland pretty much dominated the entire game. Lebron James went off in the first quarter. He seriously looked like a man on a mission tonight. I was surprised the Celtic's defense couldn't stop James. Scoring 21 points in 1 quarter is an amazing feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back