NBA Thread - 2009-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched some of the Thunder/Lakers last night, it was awesome. Durant didn't play very well, Russel Westbrook isn't a point guard, and OKC is undersized, but they still took the Lakers to the brink. If it wasn't for Kobe (who Sefalosha did a great job on) they Thunder would've won by double digits.

I was cheering heavily for OKC last night. If only Durant had played like he normally does, they would have won. Who knew Sefalosha was so good on defense? That was real fun to watch.

After watching that game, the Thunder are my team now. The crowd was really into it and despite mistakes they made, guys like Jeff Green and others were laying it all out for their team. It may be another year or two, but this is going to be a playoff team and contender in the near future.

I think that if they can get on the same page with one another they could be a playoff team this year. You have to look at the West like this. Rockets aren't as good, Clippers are never going to be good, Warriors aren't playing well, Hornets are slacking. I think that OKC has as good of a chance as the teams I just mentioned to make the playoffs.

Just wanted to stop in here and say that Trevor Ariza and the Houston Rockets are playing a whole lot better than I ever expected them to. Not only did they win 3 straight after losing on opening night, but tonight against the Lakers they put up a very valiant effort in a 1 point Overtime loss. I'm very, very impressed with that team. Aaron Brooks is a top 3 point guard in the league, and Ariza is showing that he can create shots for himself, which I didn't think before this season.

But honestly... I think you have to give the most credit to Rick Adelman. The guy just knows how to have winning seasons, and in my opinion.... he's the most underrated coach in history. It nothing short of spectacular with what he's getting out of that injury prone team.

Well, I didn't happen to catch the game last night as I was at work, but I still kept up with it and the Bulls somehow beat the Cavs. This is one of the more impressive showings in the young season for the Bulls. They were able to semi-contain LeBron (25 pts, 7 boards, 6 assists) and played probably their best defense of the season. Deng played well against LeBron, and has been playing well considering he is coming off that stress fracture last season. It was a very big step considering that the Cavs went 39-2 in the regular season last year. Although I'm not saying the Bulls are better than the Cavs. They just got the better of them last night.

Of course there is controversy that LeBron was fouled at the end of the game. It could have gone either way, it went the way of the Bulls last night.

That wasn't a foul, I'm just surprised Lebron didn't get the "homer" call especially so since he is a superstar maybe he doesn't have the refs respect ?

Denver is on game number 3 of their road trip, they get the best team they have played so far- The Heat.

I'm looking forward to Dwayne Wade vs. Carmelo Anthony however I feel that Denver will win because the Nuggs have a much better all around team.

This looks to be an exciting NBA season with doormats like the Wolves and Thunder standing up to teams like the Lakers and Celtics it's much better for the league.

What's up with the Cavs? Is Lebron and Shaq going to work? They have some proving to do.

Can't wait to see Melo vs D Wade tonight. This is going to be one of the more exciting match ups of the season. I think that it is going to come down to the team play however, and if it does, the Nuggets have a much better team than the Heat. Nuggets should get the win, unless they are just playing like shit.

You know I can't come in here and comment on the NBA and leave my man AI out of the discussion. I don't know what is going on with him and Memphis right now. It looks like Mayo and Gay are at odds with each other and AI is just caught between a rock and a hard place. I read his comments on NBA.com, however, some important facts were left out. On NBA TV it was reported that AI said, "If we're winning, I can play 10 minutes and be happy. It's when we're losing that I start to trip out." That makes sense. IDK how the NBA works anymore but AI is definitely among the top 5 players on that team. Shouldn't that mean that he should get the start? If he is going out and getting 18 pts and 7 assists with only around 20 minutes off the bench, shouldn't he be starting? I thought that in the NBA, 9 times out of 10 you started your best players. If Memphis doesn't want him to play then they should tell him that they are going with the youth movement and if that's the case, then why is he there? I could see him coming off of the bench for a championship team, but Memphis is far from that. I think that they need AI to be AI to succeed.

The Suns are back, aren't they? It seems running and gunning is going to take them far. They just beat the top team in the league. I'm excited to see what they might be able to accomplish in the future.

What happened to Denver? I thought that they would put up a better match for the Heat than that. The final score does not reflect what was actually happening in that game. The Heat straight up whipped Denver's ass. I expect them to play even better now after coming off a loss.

When the season started, the Spurs were supposed to be one of the elite teams. I don't see how. They are losing left and right. I know that the season just started, but come on. They need to do something. They are starting to look like the old guys that most of them on the team are. I don't know what they will be able to do. Hopefully they will pull it together soon.

Well it seems that after a week of complaining by AI, things may have come to a head in Memphis with Iverson being granted leave from the team. What does this all mean for AI & Memphis?

Well, both Boston and Denver have looked absolutely TERRIBLE in their last two games. They better get their shit together, otherwise I'm going to look like a real dumb ass for my predictions earlier, lol. Nevertheless, I have faith they will get it together and get back on track and stay there.

Let's see... just some small thoughts.

Kobe Bryant looks great right now. Without Pau Gasol in the line-up Kobe has really stepped up his game and led this team to a great start. I'm very impressed, though I'm not sure if I ever would have expected anything different from this dude; he's simply not human.

Dallas has looked very good since their opener loss against Washington. Looks like they're trying to get back to the Donny Nelson Mavs where they simply just try and outscore their opponents. Avery Johnson and Rick Carlisle tried to make this team more than that, but honestly... it's Dallas' best chance of winning. They'll never win a championship with the team they have, so they might as well light it up every single night and give the fans a show, like Phoenix does.

Speaking of Phoenix... they've looked spectacular so far. That Channing Frye is a BEAST. He killed Boston the other night. And Steve Nash looks to have a pep in his step again. Looks like Phoenix is going to become a threat in the West again. That's good news for any NBA fan, because they really are fun to watch.

And lastly... Chicago is a tremendous young team. They're a big man away from being almost as good as Boston.

Well, both Boston and Denver have looked absolutely TERRIBLE in their last two games. They better get their shit together, otherwise I'm going to look like a real dumb ass for my predictions earlier, lol. Nevertheless, I have faith they will get it together and get back on track and stay there.

Ha, come on dude, it's TWO games, bit soon to start worrying don't ya think? Not really sure why you're saying we looked terrible against the Nets tonight when we beat them by double digits. Rondo loked great and Pierce hit some clutch shots. Not an overly impressive victory, but a win is still a win.

We're in great shape for the long haul this year.

Ha, come on dude, it's TWO games, bit soon to start worrying don't ya think? Not really sure why you're sayin we looked terrible against the Nets tonight when we beat them by double digits. Rondo loked great and Pierce hit some clutch shots. Not an overly impressive victory, but a win is still a win.

Dude, the Nets are the worst team in the NBA and their second string was hanging in there with Boston's starters. So, yeah... even though Boston won by 10, they still looked terrible, if you ask me. Boston should have won this game 126-76, not 86-76.

I agree though... too soon to worry; I was just hoping these two teams would continue to look unstoppable for a little while longer, and that's definitely not the case right now, especially with Denver.

Boston have been far from impressive in the last two games. The Nets are crap with a full strength squad but when Harris, Lee and Yi are out and the take suckage to a whole new level. But still the Celtics won and thats all that matters.

Im sure they would accept playing crap in every game if it took them to a title. Still think that they are clearly the team to beat.

Boston is still the team to beat this year. They haven't looked unbeatable like I thought they would, but they are clearly on the right path. I'm going to say it again, FTW, Boston stays healthy=NBA Championship.

Denver Denver Denver. Come on Denver, don't let me down now. I don't know what is happening to Denver. I expected them to win against the Heat. I can see a loss to Atlanta, they have a great team, but the Heat? Outside of D Wade, you really don't have anything else to worry about with that team. Oh well, that's what I like about the NBA. Any team can beat any other team on any given night. That's ok though, J.R. Smith is coming back and when he does, all hell will break loose.

Some small thoughts:

Suns are back, nuff said.

Kobe is still unstopable. As much as I hate to say that.

Rockets are miles better than I thought they would be. Ariza is really coming into his own. It's going to be interesting to see later in the season.

Cavs are, meh....

Allen Iverson........ AI you have successfully discredited all of the good things that I have been saying about you around here. I would have went to the fire to defend you and you have seriously let me and the rest of your fans down. I agree that you should have definitely been starting on a shit team like Memphis, but to leave the team because of that? My favorite player in the whole wide world to watch and it looks like I'm going to miss out on watching you this year. Unless Memphis releases you from your contract or trades you to another team.......We'll have to wait and see, but I'm not going to talk about AI anymore until I see his return.

Is it just me or is the East finally starting to look as good as the West? if not better.

My beloved Hawks, had a shitty loss to Charlotte the other night, but turned it around real quick, winning by 25 against the Nuggets. Jamal Crawford is coming off the bench looking incredible, better than most of the starters, specifically Mike Bibby. I give it two weeks before Crawford is starting.

Orlando, following up last season to a T. D'Howard is incredible. Their loss tonight doesn't really back up my argument here, but like you guys have said before.. It's still early.

Chicago is finally starting to find their groove with Derrick Rose, and I couldn't be more pleased with their efforts. After the first week I found myself doubting Chicago's management by letting Ben Gordon go, but it doesn't seem to be phasing them, at least not unless Detroit can keep up their efforts

Miami is looking pretty good, as of this "publication" they're first in their conference, and finally have more than just D'Wade to put the points on the board.

Celtics, even though I hate them, specifically Paul Pierce, they're 7 and 1, and are the number 1 team in the league. I definitely can't discount that. Despite what I'm sure most of the Celtics fans on here think, they are a big rival, at least in the minds of us Hawks fans. I can't wait to see their first game this week.

As a Nuggets fan these last two losses are understandable it was a back to back to back east coast road trip they got a little tired and got beat nothing to worry about it's not like Miami and Atlanta are awful either.

Allen Iverson should be ashame quitting on his team already ? Wow just wow it didn't take long did it yes Allen it was the Pistons fault last year you are such a great team player that two weeks into the season you quit on your team pathetic.

Allen Iverson is a loser.

Is good to see 3 out of the 4 Aussies going ok. The exception being Patrick Mills who si still out with his foot injury.

Bogut seems to be shaking off the rust from a long layoff and is imporivng with each game. Has been much more involved on the offensive end with Redd sitting out with his injury. Always thought that Bogut should be much more of an offensive focus for the Bucks. In 31 minutes a game Bogut is averaging 13.8 Points 9 Boards, a couple of assists and 1.5 blocks per game. Hopefully he can improve on all these numbers as the season goes on.

Young Nathan Jawai has been able to break into the Timberwolves rotation somewhat with the injury to Kevin Love. Probably also helps that the Wolves have been getting pasted. Its good to see Nathan get on the court after his health problems last year and then being traded by both the Raptors and Mavericks. Had a good game a couple of days back having 16 points. In 9.6 minutes a game he is averaging 6 points and 3.6 rebounds. Hopefully Jawai can keep getting court time and be a part of the rotation, even when Kevin Love returns.

David Andersen is the most interesting one for me. He is only averaging 10 minutes a game and I for one thought he would be getting more court time than that. He has some defensive shortcomings but I think he is pretty good on the offensive side of the ball and he is a pretty good shooter for a big man. Going into todays game at Dallas Andersen was averaging only 4 points and 2 rebounds. However he posted 13 points and 5 boards today. Hopefully he is just adjusting to the NBA style and will see his minutes increase for the rest of the season.

Cant wait for Mills to return from injury for Portland.

The Raptors have started out pretty good this season. They've looked pretty good for a team that went through a complete overhaul roster wise. They still need some work on chemistry, but when it comes they'll be a dangerous team. They have lost a couple of tough games that were winnable, but time will fix that. Once they get completely together, these types of games won't get away from them.

Big win for the Nuggets last night that's a good Bulls team right there and to win against a division leading team on the road is no small feat.

With J.R. Smith back in the fold this team will only get better guys like Aaron Afflalo (wow that's a tongue twister !) are playing much better than expected. He is more than aptly filling the void left by Dahntay Jones as a defensive ace he is providing scoring too !

The key to this team lies in two players Nene' Hilario and Kenyon Martin we know what Chauncey Billups and Carmelo Anthony will bring. The two big guys need to continue to rebound and score, if they keep up the stellar play there is no reason this team can't win the Western Conference.

Last year they should have won two games in L.A. they are more than capable of dethroning the champs.

The one guy who really scared me last year and beat the Nuggets as much or more than Kobe was Trevor Ariza and he is gone- so I believe in this teams chances.

Let's go Nuggets !!!!!

Big win for the Nuggets last night that's a good Bulls team right there and to win against a division leading team on the road is no small feat.

With J.R. Smith back in the fold this team will only get better guys like Aaron Afflalo (wow that's a tongue twister !) are playing much better than expected. He is more than aptly filling the void left by Dahntay Jones as a defensive ace he is providing scoring too !

The key to this team lies in two players Nene' Hilario and Kenyon Martin we know what Chauncey Billups and Carmelo Anthony will bring. The two big guys need to continue to rebound and score, if they keep up the stellar play there is no reason this team can't win the Western Conference.

Last year they should have won two games in L.A. they are more than capable of dethroning the champs.

The one guy who really scared me last year and beat the Nuggets as much or more than Kobe was Trevor Ariza and he is gone- so I believe in this teams chances.

Let's go Nuggets !!!!!

I agree the Nuggets are good. Probably top 2 in the West. Chauncey and Mello by themselves is a dominant force. I think you're stretching how good of a team the Bulls are though. The Nuggets should've won by way more than they did. I feel bad for Derrick Rose, he gets no help out of his team, except maybe from Noah.

It makes me cry a little bit to see how awful my Pacers have gotten over the years. Hopefully this season they can turn it around a bit and maybe get an 8 seed by then end but im not holding out hope. The Celtics have impressed me greatly in the early part of this season but thats not to be surprised since they have a stacked team. Id really like to see Charlotte and Portland play like the young teams they are and show why the NBA is back on the rise. Portland is my surprise pick and I wouldnt be surprised a bit if they wound up 3 in the west by the end of the season.

I agree the Nuggets are good. Probably top 2 in the West. Chauncey and Mello by themselves is a dominant force. I think you're stretching how good of a team the Bulls are though. The Nuggets should've won by way more than they did. I feel bad for Derrick Rose, he gets no help out of his team, except maybe from Noah.

To me at least I think Rose has had a fairly slow start to the season thus far. I expecyted him to be much more influential in games than what he has been in a number of contests thus far this year. Yeah I know he is only a second year player but I was expecting a big season from him.

Maybe Noah? Lol 11.5 points 12.3 boards and 2 blocks a game isnt good enough for you? Rose gets help, dont forget to say hi to Luol Deng who is averaging a team high 17.4 points and 9 boards. Also getting good support from Salmons as well as some handy bench minutes from Brad Miller and Heinrich, as well as Gibson showing some signs.

I think the Bukks are good. Just missing some production at Power forward. Hopefully for them Gibson continues to improve and tajes the job that Tyrus Thomas seems incapable of doing.

My Heat lost to the Cavs in a good game, and its good to see the Heat look like a contender in the East behind the Big 3. Hopefully Beasley amd Chalmers keep getting better and I love Udonis as 6th man.

Who are going to stop my Lakers? My god this is the best we've looked. And without Gasol! Bynum is playing like we thought he could. He's dropping 21 and 10 a night. Kobe is playing like he's the best in the world which he is. Very good game.

Who are going to stop my Lakers? My god this is the best we've looked. And without Gasol! Bynum is playing like we thought he could. He's dropping 21 and 10 a night. Kobe is playing like he's the best in the world which he is. Very good game.

I won't deny how well the Lakers have played thus far, but there is one team would might be able to stop your Lakers...and that's my Celtics. :p

Seriously though, anyone else predicting another LA-Boston finals? I know I am, they're simply two out of this world teams right now, but we'll have to see if the Cavs are the real deal in the East and watch out for the Magic. The West is likely going to be won by LA again I think.

Am I the only one that thinks the East is now better than the West conference? Seriously, the tide has changed.

I won't deny how well the Lakers have played thus far, but there is one team would might be able to stop your Lakers...and that's my Celtics. :p

Seriously though, anyone else predicting another LA-Boston finals? I know I am, they're simply two out of this world teams right now, but we'll have to see if the Cavs are the real deal in the East and watch out for the Magic. The West is likely going to be won by LA again I think.

Am I the only one that thinks the East is now better than the West conference? Seriously, the tide has changed.

I agree X that there is going to be another Lakers - Celtics finals. Those are the two best teams out there. And its something I want obviously with what happened two years ago.

As far as the East being the better conference I don't know. Guess how many teams in the East with get into the playoffs with a losing record. As far as elite teams go, yes I believe the East is better with the big three as oppose to the Lakers and the Nuggets. But overall top to bottom I still think its the West. But the gap is closing for sure.

The East is definitely the better conference. In the West I only see two teams that have a legitimate shot at making it to the finals. You have the Lakers who I believe are the best team in the league, and then you have the Nuggets. Outside of those two San Antonio is getting old, Portland is still too young, Dallas is inconsistent, Houston needs Yao and T Mac, Utah and New Orleans have been awful, Oklahoma City is a couple years away, and Phoenix can't win in the playoffs with their style of play.

The East has three teams with legit shots to make the finals and they have a lot of great young teams. Cleveland is starting to play very well and are always dangerous with LeBron, Boston has been impressive, and Orlando with a healthy Vince Carter could definitely make another finals appearance. After those three Miami has looked great so far, Atlanta is off to another good start, and Detroit once they get Rip and Tayshaun healthy could make some noise in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back