• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movie Review Thread

Nightmare on Elm Street (original)- Thank goodness I wasn't alive when this movie came out because the original is kind of confusing. I liked it but, I hated how they didn't show some scenes. I get the whole leaving it to your imagination but, it just didn't work. Freddy was awesome however. 6/10

Human Centipede-Wow, very intriguing film. Sick, but not to bad that I couldn't watch it. The whole ass to mouth connection between the unlucky people was unsettling. The doctor was creepy as hell. However, the ending makes little sense considering they already announced a sequel. And, it only I could get the vision of how the human centipede poops out of my mind. 6.5/10

The Killer Inside Me- Casey Affleck was awesome in this film. It was so creepy, yet was humorous at the same time. I really enjoyed the cast for the most part, but Affleck was the shining light. The music was also great. 7/10

Black Dynamite- Very funny homage to Blackploitation films. Michael Jai White was hilarious as was the rest of the cast. The low budget feel of the films makes it so awesome and helps to cover up some of the shitty story. Fun enough to watch. 6.5/10

Mirrors- I don't really know how I feel about this film. 5/10

Jackass 3D- Funny but not as funny as the other films. I love Johnny Knoxville, Ryan Dunn, and Chris Pontius. Some very funny stunts and gags, but overall it underwhelmed. The 3D was not that special, though it did lead to some funny moments. A lot of the same old shit. 6/10

RED (2010) 8/10- I usually don't get into government conspiracy movies, but I really enjoyed RED. This film had a great cast, and all of the action scenes were pretty cool. I wasn't too crazy about the ending, but I still enjoyed this film. John Malkovich was worth the price admission. His performance was just great.

The Town (2010) 8/10- I've seen this story a bunch of times before, but The Town was filled with some damn good characters. Ben Affleck was the bad guy, but his was character was one those underdogs who just love to root for. Jeremy Renner was the bad ass of the group. He showed a lot of intensity with his performance, and he did come off as a physco at times. The Town has easily become one of my favorite films of this year.

The Social Network (2010) 8/10- I'm not a Facebook person at all, but The Social Network was one hell of a movie. I'm really starting to like Jesse Eisenberg. At first, I thought he could only portray some nerd who nobody wanted to be around, but he took everything to another level in this film. He had some nerdy traits, but he was also cold and mean in this film. This film was well written, and David Fincher did an awesome job with the directing.

Let Me In (2010) 6/10- This movie wasn't bad at all. Although, in another thread NorCal said this film not being a standalone film hurt it. This is so true. This film will always be compared to the original, and nothing is going to stop that. Anyway, I thought Chloe Moretz did a good job with the acting, and the wimpy kid who was bullied throughout the entire movie wasn't bad either. This isn't your typical vampire movie, and this is something that actually drew me into this movie. Again, Let Me In was a solid film. All of the themes that were in the original film were here. The love story, the innocence, the guilt, and the violence were all here, but the comparisons to Let The Right One In will always hurt this movie.

My Soul To Take (2010) 1/10- Terrible, terrible film. The 3D effects here were shit, the acting sucked, and I laughed every time The Riverton Ripper appeared. This entire film was just boring as boring can be, and I can't remember one spooky moment. There was this one girl who played this religious character. She was funny and kind of creepy. She was also the best thing about this movie. Wes Craven should be ashamed of himself for letting something like this escape from his mind. I strongly advise anyone to avoid this piece of shit.

Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) 4/10- I enjoyed this film a lot more than the first one. The story here had a lot more depth than the first film. As far as the scare tactics go, they pretty much stuck to the same formula they used first time around. They just tweaked it a little bit. The production values were better, the acting was okay, and just like the first film, the ending was kind of creepy. But if you're going to watch this film, be ready for the jackasses who will be constantly screaming out loud.

Paranormal Activity (2009) 1/10- I could never understand all of the hype this film received. I decided to give this one another try, and I wanted to see it before I saw Paranormal Activity 2, and yeah, I still hated it. This movie looks cheap and shitty. All of the bedroom stuff can become very boring after a while, and I was very bored after thirty of forty minutes. Paranormal Activity just drags for so long, and things really don't pick until the very end.

The Orphanage (2007) 8/10- This film had a unique ghost story. The acting was pretty good, and this film did have some creepy moments. Guillermo del Toro needs to keep working on stuff like this and leave Hell Boy alone.

The Hills Have Eyes (2006) 8/10- I've never seen the original, but man do I always enjoy watching this film. The Hills Have Eyes is very bloody and brutal. This film had some interesting characters, but I do wish Big Bob could've made it to the end. And he had to have the most fucked up death in this entire movie. Watching the guy blow his head off with the shotgun was sick, but Bob was tortured before his demise.

The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007) 3/10- I think Flex Alexander is terrible in every way. He's not funny and I think his acting sucks. So what do they do with him here......they make him a bad ass Sergeant?!?!?! I was happy when he was killed, because I think the film became better once he died. This just wasn't as good as the first one. The whole story here just felt so pointless. The soldiers get caught up in something they weren't supposed to find, and they get picked off one by one. That sums up this film perfectly, and you can see everything coming from a mile away. The first film had characters who you could actually care about. The only one who you could actually give a shit about here was the woman with the child. The acting wasn't that good, and the rape scene towards the end felt kind of over the top.

Let The Right One In (2008) 10/10-I saw this before seeing Let Me In. I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. The storytelling here was GREAT. This film was pretty unique. The blood and gore was kept to a minimum, and you could feel for the characters. The boy in this film came off as a psycho at times, and the little girl was a vampire, but at the same time, you wanted to feel bad for her character. She was on outcast, and she just wanted a companion. The same can be said for the little boy. I've seen this film receive tons of praise, and I do think all of it is justified.

Assault Of The Sasquatch (2009) 0/10- Sometimes I get a kick out of mocking shitty movies like this, but I couldn't even laugh at how bad this was. Some creepy looking bear poacher captures the legendary Bigfoot at the beginning of the film, and of course the monster escapes. Bigfoot rampages throughout the town, and these two VERY unfunny losers who are apart some type of Bigfoot fan club follow the monster. The acting here was atrocious, the story sucked, and Bigfoot was laughable. Seriously, his costume looked soooooo fake. And to top it off, they have this woman who looks like a hooker fight Bigfoot towards the end. The entire scene is so horrible. The woman performs all of these karate moves, and the slow motion makes things even worse. But hey, what else can you expect from a low budget piece of trash like this?

They, 1/10- They starts out with two friends sitting at a bar. Of course, one of them is messed up in the head, because he can't stop having spooky nightmares. He decides to blow his brains out in front his childhood friend, and then more trouble starts to happen. After his funeral, everyone else admits to having spooky nightmares that seem real.....Hmmm, this sounds familiar....Anyway, demons are out to get everyone, and the cast is picked off one by one. I really wanted to get into this one, but this film was just horrible. This movie just seemed like a bad Nightmare On Elm Street rip-off. Everything was so generic, and the acting from the main character was horrible in every way.

Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (1993) 1/10- When I was younger, I loved this movie. Now I can't stand it. This movie starts off with a creepy and disgusting scene, but everything goes down hill after that. The acting from almost everyone was shit, and the ending of this movie is given away in the title. I know Jason is supposed to be indestructible, but man did this film go over the top with the numerous attempts to kill his spirit, and the ending made me laugh very hard. This film just had a cartoonish feel to it. The special appearance from Freddy was kind of shocking, but Freddy wasn't enough to save this catastrophe.

Halloween (1978) 10/10- This is one the movies that made me become a fan of horror. Halloween was creepy, and they were a good amount of spooky moments here. Just seeing Michael Myers stand across the street from the doomed victims is enough to give you chills. Jamie Lee Curtis was great here. I just wish we could've seen more of Dr. Loomis.

Halloween 2 (1981) 10/10- What's not to like about this movie? They pick up right where they left off in the previous film. The suspense is still there, and we get see more of Dr. Loomis. I'm always on the edge of my seat as I watch Myers stalk Jamie Lee Curtis in the hospital. Also, the death of the "fake" Michael Myers here was soooo unreal.

Halloween 3: Season Of The Witch (1982) 5/10- How can you have a HALLOWEEN film without Dr. Loomis, Michael Myers, or Jamie Lee Curtis?!?!? Don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad film, but when I see the Halloween title, I'm expecting to see a film where the story has something to do with the names I just mentioned. Cochran was a bland villain here, and I don't think he could measure up to Michael Myers. Again, I don't think this a bad film, but I want to see a Halloween film, and not a movie about androids and a sinister plot to kill children on Halloween night.

Halloween 4: The Return Of Michael Myers (1988) 7/10- Jamie was a nice replacement as Myer's next target. Some of the kills here were really gruesome, but there were also some cool spook moments. This film had a jaw drooping ending, and it's something that catches you off guard.

Halloween 5: The Revenge Of Michael Myers (1989) 8/10- This Halloween film features a favorite scene of mine. Towards the end, Michael is about to kill Jamie, and as she lays in a coffin, she asks to see Michael's face. He takes off his mask, and for a moment, there seems to be this connection between him and Jamie, as a tear streams down Michael's face. Of course Michael flips out and tries to kill her anyway, but this is one of my favorite movie scenes ever. Also, the man in black helped give this film a mysterious feeling. You were anxious to find out who he was. Donald Pleasence gave us another fine performance as Dr. Loomis here, and the telepathic link story with Michael Jamie put a nice twist on this movie. It kind of gave us break from the usual Myers kills everyone, while trying to eliminate his target stuff.

Halloween 6: The Curse Of Michael Myers (1995) 3/10- This Halloween film had a mainstream/Hollywood feel to it. The tension just wasn't there, and I think this one went way over the top. Also, I was kind of let down when the man in the black was revealed. Dr. Loomis is the best thing about this film.

Halloween H2O: 20 Years later (1998) 5/10- Jamie Lee Curtis returns! This film did have a little bit of nostalgia, but H20 came off as another generic Hollywood horror movie. This film was solid, but it just seemed as if they were trying to capitalize off of the Halloween name here.

Halloween: Resurrection (2002) 1/10- I hadn't watched this one in a while, and I thought my opinion of this film would change, but I was wrong, I still hated it. The acting here was noticeably bad, and seeing a bunch of people help the doomed via web cam here made me laugh. Watching Busta Rhymes use karate moves on Myers towards the end made me facepalm. A HUGE event takes place at the beginning of this film. This film should've been about THE confrontation between Jamie Lee Curtis and Myers. I really hate how they wasted an entire movie with a shitty and ridiculous story. Yeah, Tyra Banks is in her prime as far as looks go in this film, but that's not enough to save this piece of shit.

Paranormal Entity (2009) 0/10- Apparently, this movie was nothing more than a rip-off of Paranormal Activity. This film follows the same formula as Paranormal Activity. I tried to to get into this, but this film was just garbage. The acting from almost everyone was horrible, and if you thought Paranormal Activity looked cheap and shitty, then you haven't seen anything until you've seen this film. At least the ending to the first Paranormal film was creepy. They tried to have a shock ending here, but it just didn't do it for me.

Dead Presidents (1995) 7/10 I've always loved this movie. Dead Presidents has been a favorite of mine for a long time, and I never get tired of watching this movie. Larenz Tate did a good with the lead role. Chris Tucker also put on a good performance as Tate's best friend who eventually turns into a junkie. It's a shame. Tucker showed some signs of potential here. But as we all know, he became lazy and decided to do nothing but Rush Hour films over the years. The acting from almost everyone was good or solid, and the music here is great. The tunes really helped you get into the late 60's and early/mid 70's era in this film.

Mirrors- I don't really know how I feel about this film. 5/10

I just watched this a few weeks ago for the second time. I think Mirrors is a pretty decent film. It's not that good, but I think it delivers well. The acting here is good, and I really got into the story. But at the same time, this film does have that Hollywood/generic feel to it. I haven't seen Into The Mirror yet, but I plan on watching it some day. I also want to see Mirrors 2, which was released on DVD not too long ago.

Halloween (1978) 10/10- This is one the movies that made me become a fan of horror. Halloween was creepy, and they were a good amount of spooky moments here. Just seeing Michael Myers stand across the street from the doomed victims is enough to give you chills. Jamie Lee Curtis was great here. I just wish we could've seen more of Dr. Loomis.

Halloween 2 (1981) 10/10- What's not to like about this movie? They pick up right where they left off in the previous film. The suspense is still there, and we get see more of Dr. Loomis. I'm always on the edge of my seat as I watch Myers stalk Jamie Lee Curtis in the hospital. Also, the death of the "fake" Michael Myers here was soooo unreal.

Halloween 3: Season Of The Witch (1982) 5/10- How can you have a HALLOWEEN film without Dr. Loomis, Michael Myers, or Jamie Lee Curtis?!?!? Don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad film, but when I see the Halloween title, I'm expecting to see a film where the story has something to do with the names I just mentioned. Cochran was a bland villain here, and I don't think he could measure up to Michael Myers. Again, I don't think this a bad film, but I want to see a Halloween film, and not a movie about androids and a sinister plot to kill children on Halloween night.

Halloween 4: The Return Of Michael Myers (1988) 7/10- Jamie was a nice replacement as Myer's next target. Some of the kills here were really gruesome, but there were also some cool spook moments. This film had a jaw drooping ending, and it's something that catches you off guard.

Halloween 5: The Revenge Of Michael Myers (1989) 8/10- This Halloween film features a favorite scene of mine. Towards the end, Michael is about to kill Jamie, and as she lays in a coffin, she asks to see Michael's face. He takes off his mask, and for a moment, there seems to be this connection between him and Jamie, as a tear streams down Michael's face. Of course Michael flips out and tries to kill her anyway, but this is one of my favorite movie scenes ever. Also, the man in black helped give this film a mysterious feeling. You were anxious to find out who he was. Donald Pleasence gave us another fine performance as Dr. Loomis here, and the telepathic link story with Michael Jamie put a nice twist on this movie. It kind of gave us break from the usual Myers kills everyone, while trying to eliminate his target stuff.

Halloween 6: The Curse Of Michael Myers (1995) 3/10- This Halloween film had a mainstream/Hollywood feel to it. The tension just wasn't there, and I think this one went way over the top. Also, I was kind of let down when the man in the black was revealed. Dr. Loomis is the best thing about this film.

Halloween H2O: 20 Years later (1998) 5/10- Jamie Lee Curtis returns! This film did have a little bit of nostalgia, but H20 came off as another generic Hollywood horror movie. This film was solid, but it just seemed as if they were trying to capitalize off of the Halloween name here.

Halloween: Resurrection (2002) 1/10- I hadn't watched this one in a while, and I thought my opinion of this film would change, but I was wrong, I still hated it. The acting here was noticeably bad, and seeing a bunch of people help the doomed via web cam here made me laugh. Watching Busta Rhymes use karate moves on Myers towards the end made me facepalm. A HUGE event takes place at the beginning of this film. This film should've been about THE confrontation between Jamie Lee Curtis and Myers. I really hate how they wasted an entire movie with a shitty and ridiculous story. Yeah, Tyra Banks is in her prime as far as looks go in this film, but that's not enough to save this piece of shit.

Paranormal Entity (2009) 0/10- Apparently, this movie was nothing more than a rip-off of Paranormal Activity. This film follows the same formula as Paranormal Activity. I tried to to get into this, but this film was just garbage. The acting from almost everyone was horrible, and if you thought Paranormal Activity looked cheap and shitty, then you haven't seen anything until you've seen this film. At least the ending to the first Paranormal film was creepy. They tried to have a shock ending here, but it just didn't do it for me.

Dead Presidents (1995) 7/10 I've always loved this movie. Dead Presidents has been a favorite of mine for a long time, and I never get tired of watching this movie. Larenz Tate did a good with the lead role. Chris Tucker also put on a good performance as Tate's best friend who eventually turns into a junkie. It's a shame. Tucker showed some signs of potential here. But as we all know, he became lazy and decided to do nothing but Rush Hour films over the years. The acting from almost everyone was good or solid, and the music here is great. The tunes really helped you get into the late 60's and early/mid 70's era in this film.

I just watched this a few weeks ago for the second time. I think Mirrors is a pretty decent film. It's not that good, but I think it delivers well. The acting here is good, and I really got into the story. But at the same time, this film does have that Hollywood/generic feel to it. I haven't seen Into The Mirror yet, but I plan on watching it some day. I also want to see Mirrors 2, which was released on DVD not too long ago.

I honestly still don't know what to make of Mirrors. I fucking love Aja, but this movie was just odd. I did find the scene with Amy Smart having her face ripped in half, to be both gross yet awesome at the same time. I will definitely have to watch Mirrors again sometime soon, but I will wait awhile for Mirrors 2.

I like Halloween Resurrection, but probably because it was like my first R rated film. It is pretty ridiculous, even when I watch it today. It makes me laugh, but I do enjoy it. I don't think it is the worst Halloween however. Halloween 6 sucked some major monkey dick in my eyes.

Unstoppable (2010) 1/10- Why the fuck are so many critics praising this film? I thought this movie was garbage. Denzel Washington just seemed to be going through the motions here. He didn't put on his usual good or great performance in this film. Chris Pine was pretty entertaining and Rosario Dawson did a fine job as usual, but this film just didn't do it for me. It was so basic and predictable. The action scenes weren't all that impressive, and the ending was kind of ridiculous. I know this movie is supposed to be "loosely" based on what happened in real life, but I think they went too far with the typical Hollywood style ending.

Hereafter (2010) 5/10- Hereafter was a pretty solid film. There was a nice story here, and the acting wasn't bad at all. I'm not too crazy about Matt Damon, but Clint Eastwood being the director for this film is what drew me to the theater. Hereafter isn't great, but it delivers well.

Skyline (2010) 1/10- Shit. How can you fuck up an alien invasion film? Skyline is a prime example of why you shouldn't be fooled by a fancy looking trailer. The acting from almost everyone was terrible. I was actually waiting for some of people in this movie to be killed off. This film never had too many characters who you could care about. This was a low budget film, and the effects weren't too bad, but that's really the only good thing you can say about this movie. Skyline is very underwhelming. And I think a sequel for Skyline might be coming. I can just tell by the horrific ending to this film. They should've saved this one for a premiere on the SyFy channel.

Faster (2010) 5/10- This wasn't bad, but man I really, really hated the ending. I almost thought The Rock had superpowers. Anyway, the acting here was damn good, and The Rock really surprised me. He did a good job at playing this vengeful and angry man on a mission. Billy Bob Thornton put a good performance also. The story here is pretty basic, but it was executed well. I just wish I could've seen more of Mike Epps.

Avatar (2009) 6/10- Avatar is a fun movie to watch. There's plenty of action here, the acting is good, and some of the CGI does look cool, but Avatar has to be one of the most overrated films ever. I put it right up there with The Dark Knight. This movie isn't bad, but what is so special about it? Avatar just comes off as another big budget Hollywood blockbuster. If you look past the troubles of the Na'vi(the blue people), and battle scenes, then you'll see that this film is very basic when it comes to the story. James Cameron was behind Avatar, and I think that has a lot to do with all of the praise this film receives. I know Avatar is the highest-grossing film of all time, but let's be realistic, it's not that good.

Edge Of Darkness (2010) 8/10- Edge Of Darkness has to be one of the most underrated films this year. It doesn't get the recognition it deserves, but we all know why. Mel Gibson was proved to be bat shit crazy(again), and his reputation has been ruined. The acting was superb here, the story was very good, and this film will keep you guessing until the very end. This is a nice conspiracy/thriller movie, and it will keep you hooked.

Ransom (1996) 8/10- I've been a fan Ransom for a long time. Gibson and Gary Sinise were great here. Ransom puts a nice twist on kidnapping movies, and it works so well. The arguments between Gibson and Sinise are classic.

Showgirls (1995) 2/10- You know something, when I was younger, I thought it was cool to see one of the women from Saved By The Bell(Elizabeth Berkley) in the nude and doing other things, but now that I'm older, I can realize how bad this movie is. I don't think it's as terrible as some people make it out to be(because I have seen worse) but Showgirls is pretty bad. The acting is pretty solid, but everything else just gives me a headache. The story is a clusterfuck, and I guess this film was trying to be edgy, but they went way overboard sometimes. They just had to throw in a rape scene towards the end. Every character here(including Berkley) is a scumbag, and the only one who is truly different is Giana Ravera(Berkley's friend in the movie). She really is the only one who you can root for in this movie.

Starship Troopers (1997) 7/10- I know this rating might be a little high, but Starship Troopers is one of my favorites. The action in this film is great, and the acting is pretty solid. Starship Troopers can be a very fun science fiction movie to watch. I've watched this movie a lot over the years, and I never get tired of it.

Spring Break Shark Attack (2005) 0/10- So a bunch of teenagers are trying to have a good time during spring break in Florida. One of the teens secretly makes the trip, because her parents didn't approve of her going. Anyway, sharks ruin the trip, and all hell breaks loose during a beach party. Yeah, this was horrendous. The acting was fucking atrocious, the entire film was pretty boring, the dialogue was VERY cheesy, they took too long trying to get to the good the stuff, and they just had to throw in a corny love triangle story. Movies like this are pretty simple. People just want to see the creatures tear everyone apart. Sure you get a few shark attacks here and there before the "big massacre", but there just wasn't enough action in this film for me.

Plague Town (2008) 6/10 A family goes to Ireland to learn more about their Irish roots, but they run into a bunch of mutant children. These children are being helped by the creepy townspeople. This film really took me by surprise. I thought this would be terrible, but Plague Town is a nice little horror flick. This film is pretty creepy and disturbing. There is a scene in this movie where a woman is bashed in the head with a hub cap by one of the mutant children. A little girl watches this happen. This was a very eerie moment. The acting was solid, and this movie did have a chilling ending.

From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) 8/10- This has to be one of my favorite vampire movies ever. This film is filled with action and gore. George Clooney was great in this movie. He did such a good job at playing a bad-ass, but his character did show some compassion at the very end. Quentin Tarantino put on good on performance also. It's too bad that he had to turn into a vampire so soon. From Dusk Till Dawn starts out with a bang, and this film can be very entertaining.

Awwww shit, been a LONG time since I did this. I've been watching a shitload of films again and much less wrestling, so here we go using the traditional five star system.

Sorority Row (2009) - 2.5/5
Decent remake of the 80s slasher that comes close to being a good horror film but falls just short.

The Fourth Kind (2009) - 3/5
Forget about the validity of the claims made in the film, as an alien abduction story this is one of the better ones to portray the experience as horrifying as we can only imagine it being. It has it's flaws, but it is worth seeing if you're interested in the subject matter and genre.

State of Grace (1990) - 4.5/5
Unjustly forgotten and extremely underrated crime drama with a superb cast of Sean Penn, Gary Oldman, Ed Harris, John Turturro, and John C. Reilly. Oldman in particular is fucking amazing and this is a legitimate contender for his best role ever. Great direction, cast, and writing. Nearly a classic.

No Man's Land: Rise of the Reeker (2008) - 2.5/5
Sequel to the very good horror film Reeker, it shows us the origins of the reaper and attempts to explain his history but forgets to develop any other characters in the process. The moments of dark morbid comedy were great, but all in all the film falls just short of being able to match the original.

Frozen (2010) - 4/5
From the director of the retro-slasher funride that was Hatchet comes this film, completely different from his first and totally fucking brilliant because of it. Highly realistic and disturbing, a serious contender for best horror film of the year.

Predators (2010) - 3.5/5
Fans of the Predator franchise and storyarch will find plenty of things to love here, while far from perfect the film is the best in the franchise since the original classic. Fucking finally someone has restored the Predator franchise to it's badass glory.

Dance of the Dead (2008) - 4.5/5
I was tempted to give this film 5 stars, and may relent on it at some point. One of the most fun and enjoyable zombie films in decades. Any horror fan will love it, and it will go down as a cult classic for sure.

Adventureland (2009) - 5/5
I absolutely loved this film, everything about it. The cast is excellent, the writing is alternately witty and profound, and it has an amazing soundtrack to boot. One of the best coming-of-age films I've ever seen, the kind of film I can see myself watching repeatedly as the years go by, like an old friend.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010) - 3.5/5
Saw the latest Potter flick in the theaters, some incredible visuals and cinematography but the film itself seems to meander along and accomplish nothing, everything feels like preparation for the next film. Still enjoyable though.

Okay I'm going to stop there. That right there was my movie log from November 17th to November 22nd, 2010.

Training Day - Been a while since I'd seen it, not a great movie but not half bad. It tries to be realistic, but fails miserably on that end, basically a gritty action film with a quick glance at Eva Mendes' bush. 7/10

Drag Me To Hell - Didn't watch the whole thing, but from what I saw, it was pretty shit. My expectations were immediately lowered when the dude from Accepted showed up. I'll finish it later but I'll give it a 3/10 for now.

Ninja Assassin - Crazy action movie, with lots of blood and cool effects and shit. Terrible plot though, enjoyable yet cheesy. 6/10

Rob Roy - Huge Liam Neeson fan, and this movie is absolutely epic. My dad raved about this movie for years, I have no idea why I'm just watching it now. 9/10

Blow - One of my all time favorite movies, Johnny Depp is spectacular, and even when I know what's going to happen my heart still races with anticipation. One of my best friends actually cried at the end of this movie. 9/10

Gran Torino - A pretty decent action film, with plenty of heart warming stuff mixed in as well, but perhaps the icing on the cake of this film was the humour. The Eastwood racial slurs are on full tilt in that movie, and I was dying of laughter many times during the film. 7/10

Millers Crossing - Probably the most underrated gangster movie of all time, if you like The Godfather, Goodfellas, shit like that, check this out immediately. A bit more sophisticated than other mob films, but that isn't a problem for me. A favorite of mine. 10/10

Bronson: The direction's good and it has a solid script, but what really pulls this from being decent only is the performance of Tom Hardy. Hardy is best known for his roles in Inception, Rock N' Rolla and Star Trek: Nemesis (plus a role in the upcoming The Dark Knight Rises). He brings a real presence to the film and it's truly his performance as the title character that makes this film very good: 4/5

Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror: This is the original, and it's very, very creepy. Max Schreck plays the title character with such menace and terror that it practically terrifies you just from the sight of him. The film is silent, but that doesn't diminish it's impact. It's truly a terrifying take on the Dracula novel: 5/5

Shadow of the Vampire: A fictional retelling of the making of Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror. The film itself is solid with John Malkovich playing the director, and doing a decent job, but the film is totally and utterly stolen by an unrecognisable Willem Dafoe as Max Schreck, the lead star of Nosferatu. He's terrific and really makes the film better: 4/5

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: A simple enough tale of revenge, with the added twist that is the Star Trek Universe. Basically, Khan wants revenge because Kirk marooned him and his crew on an abandoned planet, and in the process, Khan's wife died. This leads to Khan going on a mad quest to best Kirk and dish out revenge. This is heaps of fun and well worth watching: 4/5

Eyes Without a Face
: This is a French horror that can simply be described as an even more twisted version of Frankenstein, with elements of Face/Off thrown in. It's a personal favourite of mine as it really is well filmed, directed and acted. The script, while basic, is well presented as well. really good film, and very chilling: 5/5

Transformers: The Movie (Animated): You can't say they didn't go for the star power for this one. Along with the voices of the regular cast, this film has appearances from Eric Idle, Leonard Nimoy & Orson Welles. It's probably best known for being Welles' final performance, but what's truly remarkable about this is how much death there is for a children’s film. Basically every main character from the series dies at some point in this film. It's an enjoyable adventure though as Hot Rod plays the Luke Skywalker type character, learning from his deceased master (Optimus Prime) to take down the sinister villain(s) (Galvatron & Unicron): 3/5

Reactions: X
Reservoir Dogs : 9/10
Inception : 10/10
The Prestige:8/10
Snatch:10/10
American Beauty:9/10
Batman Begins:8/10
The Dark Knight:9/10
Spider-man Trilogy:6/10
Back To Future Trilogy:8/10
The King's speech:8/10
American Psycho:9/10
The Hurt Locker:5/10
Network:8/10
Inglorious Basterds:7/10
Public Enemies:7/10

These have been the titles I watched in last few months.None of them is for 2010 because I am already looking for the most talked-about movies in history so I don't look for new releases.

Due Date - Halfway decent movie, some cheap laughs here and there. 6/10

Mel Gibsons Payback - Probably my favorite Mel Gibson movie, he plays his role perfectley and convincingly, and Val Kilmer does the same. Some great characters in this movie, I highly reccomend it. 9/10

Edge Of Darkness - Another superb Gibson movie, he seems to thrive in movies about revenge. Couple of "holy shit" moments here and there, and a solid plot with plenty of twists. 8/10

Taken - I enjoyed this movie thouroughly. Obvioulsy it's not a masterpiece but I like Liam Neeson, and thought he was the perfect man for the role. 7/10

Resevoir Dogs - Another one of my favorites. Some excellent dialouge in this movie, and it contains some of my all time favorite actors. 9/10

In the Loop: As a fan of The Thick of It, I had pretty high expectations coming into this and it didn't disappoint. The cast delivers some great performances, most notable would be Peter Capaldi who knocks his role as Malcolm Tucker out of the park once again. Just an example of the excellence that is Malcolm Tucker and the script for this film in general:
Malcolm Tucker: I'm here, I'm there, I'm fucking everywhere. I'm the egg man.
Simon Foster: Have you come to insult me in a different timezone?

Overall I'd probably give it top marks: 5/5

Four Lions: My latest sig probably gives away my thoughts on this movie but I thought it was hilarious. Chris Morris is known in Britain for coming up with some controversial but hilarious pieces of comedy, and this was no different. The concept may be a bit difficult for some but again I thought it did a great job dealing with the subject matter. The cast was solid delivering good performances, particularly Nigel Lindsay as the angry convert Barry and Riz Ahmed as the leader and family man Omar. While the gags are hilarious there is a deep sense of tragedy about the whole film, especially towards the end. Very highly recommended: 5/5

No Country for Old Men: I actually enjoyed this more upon watching it a second time. I really liked it the first time I watched it and I loved it the second time. The Coen Brothers are a personal favourite of mine and I have high expectations for True Grit, but this was truly a masterful piece of film making. No Country features 3 amazing performances by it's leads (Josh Brolin, Tommy Lee Jones and Javier Bardem respectively). It's an oddest in and of itself and is a quality film all round: 5/5

Vantage Point: I find this film to be nothing short of annoying. It's an interesting idea, viewing a single incident from various view points, but the biggest problem here is the how repetitive it is, and it really becomes an annoyance. The twist at the end isn't surprising in the slightest and while this had potential, it lacks in delivery: 2/5

Scrooged: A really entertaining Christmas film for all ages. Bill Murray is truly wonderfully nasty as a 20th century update of the Scrooge character in Frank Cross. His performance really sells this movie and it's a really fun, Christmas movie for the family to watch. I give it: 3/5

My movie log as a result of Christman presents:

Alice in Wonderland: Like many Burton films recently, I found it just too crazy for its own good. Didnt enjoy it at all.

Toy Story 3: Wonderful film, great story telling and Lotso was a great development. Pixar just showed off with this.

Iron Man 2: Did all that was expected really. Very good although it pales to the first but at its heart, it does seem to merely serve as a bridge between the next Iron Man film and whatever is happening with the Avengers.

Movies I've seen thus far over Christmas Break

The Fighter- A great story and very well acted. It's a true story, so it's hard to complain about the direction they took, but I could have used a little more suffering on Mark Wahlberg's part. The only character I ever felt really bad for was Christian Bale, and even then nothing ever got TOO bad for him. He seemed to have friends everywhere he went, so you never got the feeling that he was in a state of total despair. Also, the ending leaves something to be desired, as there is never really any closure to the other problems brought up in the movie. Still, it was a good story and very entertaining, I'd give it 7/10.

True Grit- True Grit was my fifth favorite movie of the year. While it was a very slow moving story, the journey it took you on was phenomenal. Only the Cohen brothers could combine such wit, action, and adventure into a nearly flawless story. This movie will definitely not be for everyone, and if you're not in the mood to really digest a story, pass on this movie. However, if you appreciate sitting back and taking in a good film, this movie will be for you. I give this one 8/10.

Black Swan- This was my third favorite movie of 2010. First off, the acting was just amazing. I've heard a few critics say that Natalie Portman was underwhelming, but I thought it was the best performance of her life. Mila Kunis was also a great actor, as was the entire ensemble. Also, I would be remorseful if I did not inform you that the Natalie Portman/Mila Kunis sex (it was really foreplay, but whatever) scene was amazingly hot, and both women look incredibly sexy in this movie. The imagery, symbolism and subtle details gave me as a viewer a lot to think about while watching the movie. If you liked The Wrestler, you'll probably love this movie as they are both very similar, but this one has a much more psychological twist to it. Darren Aronofsky really delivered in this film, and I suggest that you see it, especially if you like any of his past work. I give this film a 9.5/10.

They Live- I just saw this for the first time tonight, fully anticipating that it was going to be a bad movie. It was a bad movie, but for a crappy low budget flick it was still pretty good with an interesting premise. Roddy Piper starred in it (yes, THAT Roddy Piper) and as you would expect his acting was less than stellar, but he was still enjoyable. He had the best wrestling match of his life in the film though, good striking and an impressive gutwrench suplex made this better than most of his matches in WWF or WCW. Additionally, the action sequences were good, and there were some moments where I was very sucked into the film. 5.5/10

They Live- I just saw this for the first time tonight, fully anticipating that it was going to be a bad movie. It was a bad movie, but for a crappy low budget flick it was still pretty good with an interesting premise. Roddy Piper starred in it (yes, THAT Roddy Piper) and as you would expect his acting was less than stellar, but he was still enjoyable. He had the best wrestling match of his life in the film though, good striking and an impressive gutwrench suplex made this better than most of his matches in WWF or WCW. Additionally, the action sequences were good, and there were some moments where I was very sucked into the film. 5.5/10
The movie gets a 7 for me, simply because of the famous line, "I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."

The other day I saw Easy A. Solid send-up to the John Hughes movies of the 1980s featuring funny, albeit unrealistic dialogue. There are some really fun shots in the movie that are used to display how quick information travels in high school. Did I mention Emma Stone stars? She shows she has what it takes to take the next step and be a lead actress, instead of a supporting actress with this film. That and she wears some really skimpy outfits. She looks really, really great in them. Overall, I give it an 8/10.

They Live is fantastically underrated, that's one of the better and more creative Sci-Fi films of the last 25 years. It's dark, funny, and original. You are a stone-cold son of a bitch (and not the good kind) if you don't atleast crack a smile when Roddy shows up shotgun in hand declaring that he had come to "chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of gum". Maybe I'm just a John Carpenter mark.

Señor Truth;2731543 said:
The movie gets a 7 for me, simply because of the famous line, "I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."

The other day I saw Easy A. Solid send-up to the John Hughes movies of the 1980s featuring funny, albeit unrealistic dialogue. There are some really fun shots in the movie that are used to display how quick information travels in high school. Did I mention Emma Stone stars? She shows she has what it takes to take the next step and be a lead actress, instead of a supporting actress with this film. That and she wears some really skimpy outfits. She looks really, really great in them. Overall, I give it an 8/10.

Easy A was a strange film. Emma Stone was great in it, the script was pretty good and it had it's heart in the right place, but unfortunately the dramatic scenes in the film hurt it in my eyes because they just don't work or resound with the viewer at all. If they had just kept the light-hearted comedy touch they would have been better off then attempting the dramedy route and having the dramatic moments fall flat on their face. Still an amusing film though.

In the Heat of the Night: Interesting film. This was received very well by critics and even won Best Film at the Academy Awards. I liked it quite a lot with some good twists and turns to the mystery and it was interesting to see the case being solved with several dark moments (Including allegations of rape and lots and lots of racism). Poitier’s solid but the show is stolen by Steiger as the small town sheriff. He plays the role brilliantly. Steiger gets this movie: 5/5.

Wall-E: I was surprised by this movie. There's a real lack of dialogue but that doesn't matter as both the visuals and sound are great. The story has a heart of gold (just like it's lead character) and there are some really obvious devices taken from 2001, but that works here. Pixar did a tremendous job and I give Wall-E: 5/5.

Moon: I loved this film. Sam Rockwell gives a stupendous performance as the lone astronaut stuck in Space, nearing his inevitable journey home. His plans hit a snag though when he crashes his harvester, resulting in an incredibly nasty plot unfolding. Rockwell draws some very, very powerful emotion with his performance. The script and directing are great also. I give Moon: 5/5.

Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Now, I watched this while half asleep so forgive me if I missed the point but...aliens? Really? This was reasonably enjoyable but nowhere near as good as any of the original trilogy. Ford is solid as is most of the cast but two problems I have with the acting are: Blanchett's accent. She's Russian yes, but there is quite a bit of Queen's English seeping through and Shia LaBeouf is really just bad all round. It's a fun popcorn movie but it does have major flaws: 2/5.

The Ladykillers (Coen Brothers Version): I really like the Coen Brothers but this was the worst excuse for a remake I've ever seen. Tom Hanks does an okay job but he would be the only highlight in this otherwise pitch black piece of crap: 1/5.

The bubble gum line is the biggest reason I rented the movie. The writer who came up with that should receive some sort of recognition. Maybe they could rename the Oscar for Best Original Screen Play after him... even though They Live was based on a short story.

The movie was a lot of fun, and I did really enjoy it, but I'm a stickler for all around good film making. I may have been a LITTLE harsh with the 5.5, but I don't think I'd give it anymore than 6.5.

Still, I must admit that it was a very interesting concept and story, and it gave me an idea for a screenplay I am working on myself. In fact, I wound up having a They Live themed dream last night.

As for Easy A, that's another film I liked, but I went into it with very high expectations. I'm a big Emma Stone mark; she's funny, unique, quirky, and a god damn beautiful girl. Unfortunately, I never really got sucked into Emma Stone's plight until she was actually treated like a prostitute. Furthermore, Penn Badgely's character was way too goody-goody for my likings. I like my characters to be flawed, and Penn Badgely played basically the perfect guy. I also think Penn Badgely is the worst actor in the industry today, so that also ruined it for me a little. The movie was very funny, but I think Mean Girls was a better movie in the same genre.

The Fighter (2010) 9/10- I really enjoyed this one. The acting here was superb, and I wouldn't be surprised if Christian Bale won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. His performance was that great. The Fighter had a feel good story, and you always wanted to root for the man who Mark Wahlberg was portraying(Micky Ward). I expect this film to get a good a good amount of Oscar nominations.

The King's Speech (2010) 9/10- This film had an inspirational story, and the acting here was great. Geoffrey Rush did an exceptional job as the teacher/mentor, and Colin Firth did an amazing job with the lead role. The story here was predictable, but it was executed to perfection. The King's Speech is definitely one the best historical dramas I've ever seen.

True Grit (2010) 9/10- The Coen Brothers delivered another outstanding film here. Jeff Bridges did a good job with the Rooster Cogburn character. He was someone who you could laugh at, but he also had his moments as a bad ass. Matt Damon put on a good performance, and Hailee Stenfield did a great job with the Mattie Ross character. I was kind of skeptical about a Coen Brothers' Western film, but they didn't disappoint me. True Grit should get a good amount of Oscar nominations. I just wish we could've seen more of Josh Brolin.

Black Swan (2010) 10/10- Breathtaking. Extraordinary. Brilliant. There are not enough words in the English language to describe how great this film truly is. Natalie Portman was just great here. Her character was someone who you could feel sorry for, and you wanted to see her succeed so badly. Vincent Cassel was great also, and Mila Kunis surprised me. I thought she would be nothing more than eye candy in this film, but she delivered a solid performance, and her character had a lot more depth than I originally expected. Black Swan takes you on an emotional roller coaster, and this film will leave you drained at the end. I was a big fan of Inception, but even I have to put my admiration for Leonardo DiCaprio and Christopher Nolan aside, because Black Swan has risen to the #1 spot of my picks for best films in 2010.

The Tourist (2010) 5/10- I was kind of disappointed by this film. Johnny Depp did a nice job here. He was this wimpy and nervous guy who had been sucked into a dangerous situation, and he did make me laugh throughout the film, but everything else was just so bland. Angelina Jolie just seemed to be there. They tried to make her out to be this hot and mysterious women, but her performance here wasn't too riveting. Yeah, she looked beautiful in this movie, and she did have an exotic accent, but I could never get into her character. The Tourist is okay. It's a nice little thriller film, but I expected a lot more from a movie starring Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp.

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010) 7/10 This was another disappointment for me. This Potter film isn't bad at all, but nothing really happens here. The Deathly Hallows Part one just feels like a set up for the final Potter film. Emma Watson impressed me with her performance in this film, but I'm still waiting for Harry to have his breakthrough moment. Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire is still my favorite Potter film, but I hope the the final Potter film can change my mind. Again, this isn't a bad film, but It was fun watching all of the other Potter films. I can't say the same thing about this one.

The Next Three Days (2010) 3/10- I'm kind of saddened by the rating I'm giving this film. I expected a lot more from this one. Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks did a good with acting in this movie, but this movie just felt so far-fetched. Russell Crowe actually goes on the interent to find out how to break into a car. I kid you not. The process he goes through to free Elizabeth Banks' character from jail is just so long and drawn out. The actual escape is even more unbelievable. Also, I hated the ending. It was one of those, "Are you serious?!?!" type of endings that will make you facepalm.

Due Date (2010) 7/10- This movie was VERY funny. Zach Galifianakis and Robert Downey JR. were a great duo. Galifianakis was weird as weird can be, but he was funny, and Downey JR. was a real dick sometimes. I also enjoyed the cameos from Jamie Foxx and Danny McBride. Due Date is an enjoyable film, and this is one of those movies that can be good to watch if you want to laugh.

Repo Men (2010) 7/10- At first, I was very hard on this film, because when I watched it in theaters, I had VERY high expectations for it(mainly because of the unique story) but I was letdown. But I recently watched this film for the second time, and I really enjoyed it. The acting here is pretty solid, and there are some cool fighting/action scenes in this film. Repo Men is a nice science-fiction/thriller film. I just hate the Hollywood feel this movie has, and the direction this film took at the very end drove me nuts.

Naked Fear (2007) 7/10- This one is loosely based on a true story...... A stripper turned prostitute is kidnapped. She's knocked out, but when she wakes up, she's stuck in the middle of nowhere, and at first, there or no other people around, and yeah, she's completely naked. Her kidnapper spends the entire film hunting her and trying to kill her. You know what, I didn't think this film was that bad. As soon as I saw the title and synopsis, I thought this movie would be complete and total garbage, but it wasn't. This film does have a good amount of suspense, and the acting is decent enough. Plus, the man playing "the hunter" does come off as one sick and creepy guy. I know, I know. You're probably wondering why I didn't give a film that revolves around a man hunting a naked woman a zero, but I didn't think this film sucked. It took me by surprise, and to tell you the truth, it's not as bad as you might think.

Bitch Slap (2009) 7/10- I'm almost ashamed of the rating I'm giving this movie, but I can't deny how much I liked this film. Bitch Slap is a very enjoyable exploitation/B-Movie. Pretty much everything in this film is over the top(the acting, the story, and the fight scenes) but this movie doesn't take itself seriously, and this film did managed to entertain me the entire time. Bitch Slap is enjoyable trash, and I'm glad I took a chance on this one. Although, the back of the box cover for this film will promise you hot naked women and extreme sex. PLEASE DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ ON THE BOX COVER FOR THIS FILM. If you want to see this movie for all of these things, then you will be very disappointed. This movie is a MAJOR tease as far as the women and sex go.

Boy Eat Girls (2005) 9/10- I LOVE zombie movies, and this one really delivers. Boy Eats Girl is filled with action and gore, and the acting is pretty good here. Boy Eats Girl can also be very funny. Things really pick up towards the end, and I thought the ending put a nice touch on this film. Boy Eats Girl has plenty of zombies, action, gore, and humor. What more could you ask for?

The Fourth Kind (2009) 8/10- This film was pretty spooky. I was on the edge of my seat throughout this film, and I think The Fourth Kind put a nice twist on alien abduction movies. They did a great job of showing the mental and physical torture the victims go through. I also enjoyed the split screen technique that was used in this film. The Fourth Kind is definitely worth checking out if you like alien abduction movies.

Simon Says(2006) 7/10- A group of Spring Break bound teens end up trusting the wrong people, and they get caught up in a deadly game of Simon Says. This was a really creepy horror film. There were a good amount of scary moments here, and some of the kills were sick. Plus, this movie does have chilling ending that will make you say, “You can’t be serious!” Crispin Glover(that’s George McFly from the Back To The Future film series for those of you who don’t know) was great here. He came off as this sick and deranged man who took pleasure in causing others pain.

Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans (2009) 6/10-
This isn’t my favorite Underworld film, and Rise Of The Lycans was as predictable as predictable can be, but it was pretty fun to watch. Kate Beckinsale narrates the beginning of this film, and you really don’t see that much of her, so this was really a bummer for me. Still, the acting was decent enough, there was a good amount of action here, the battle scenes were pretty brutal, and the cinematography did look good. Kate will be back for Underworld: New Dawn, and I hope it can be better than this film. And of course New Dawn will be shot in 3D….yeah, not too excited about that.

Casablanca- I have been putting off watching this one for awhile, but I am glad I finally gave it a watch. Very good film, Humphrey Bogart was simply brilliant in it. After watching I can see where so many other films got their inspiration from. Here's looking to you kid. 9/10

Out Cold- I love this film and after watching Casablanca I had to rewatch it because it is basically just an homage to Casablanca. Not a great film by any means but it keeps me entertained. I much prefer seeing Zach Galifianakis play a smart ass instead of a stupid guy. Between this film and Between Two Ferns these are Zach's best films/performances. I also thoroughly enjoy Jason London in it. I have always been a fan of his. 6/10

Scream- I feel like I rate this movie every time I post what movies I have watched. I simple love this film and it is one of my all time favorites. As far as I am concerned it is the premier horror film of the 90's. Neve Campbell and Courtney Cox are good looking and enjoyable. Skeet Ulrich is creepy, kind of a shame his career never took off or at least hasn't so far. Jaime Kennedy was funny and my personal favorites David Arquette and Matthew Lillard. These two kept me laughing and are some of my favorite characters ever. I wish both were still more relevant in Hollywood but so is life. 9/10

The Kings Speech- Very good film. Not a huge Colin Firth fan but he did a good job on this one. Helena Bonham Carter and Geoffrey Rush were top notch and I wish HBC would have won for Best Supporting Actress over Melissa Leo. 9/10

Season Of The Witch (2011) 5/10- This wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. I can't stand Nicholas Cage, but he was okay as the lead man here. The story was decent enough, there were some nice action scenes, and the acting overall was pretty solid. Although, this film does lose some steam after the opening scene, and the CGI isn't that good. But Season Of The Witch is a decent enough fantasy/action film.

Little Fockers (2010) 1/10- PLEASE STOP DOING THESE MOVIES ROBERT DE NIRO!!! We're in the third film of this series, and De Niro's character STILL doesn't trust Ben Stiller. It's just ridiculous. I felt like I was watching the same movie for the third time. Fockers sounds like fuckers...we get it! It's not funny when you use this same damn joke in different ways throughout the entire film. They try to throw in some fort jokes for some cheap laughs, but it just didn't do it for me. Jessica Alba's goofy erectile dysfunction drug salesman character was sort of funny, and Owen Wilson did have his funny moments, as he executed his pompous ass character to perfection. But overall, this movie was just terrible. Yeah, Ben Sitller's character has kids now, but the overall story really doesn't change. They still throw the same crap at you, and it's just not funny anymore. I want this series to die, but this film has been doing very well at the box office, and the ending does tease a fourth film, so there's a good chance we'll see another Fockers movie...ugh.

The Green Hornet (2011) 6/10- Ugh, I wanted to give this film a higher rating, but it just wasn't that good. Rogen still has the same care-free/slacker type of character in this movie. The only difference is he's filthy rich in this movie. There are some nice action scenes in this movie, the story is pretty solid, Rogen and Jay Chou worked well as a duo, and the 3D was kind of cool, but I just expected so much more from this film. I was also disappointed in Christoph Waltz's character. Waltz didn't do a bad job with the acting, but I could never take his character seriously. I think they were trying to make him out to be a demented lunatic who had a dark sense of humor, but I didn't see that. Chudnofsky just seemed goofy and awkward, and this character gets worse towards the end of the movie. Hornet isn't bad, but I expected a lot more.

Tron Legacy (2010) 2/10- Wow. This film was so disappointing. I thought I was going to see an action packed thrill ride filled with cool special effects, but I was very wrong. The visuals in this film are cool, and the special effects aren't bad, but Tron just bored the shit out of me the entire time. Jeff Bridges delivered a solid performance, but overall, the acting was kind of bad. The majority of the fight scenes were so underwhelming. This sucks because I was really looking forward to the action here. Overall, Tron Legacy is a very dull and lifeless film, and this one ranks very high on my list of disappointments for 2010. I'm glad I didn't see this one in 3D.

Seed Of Chucky (2004) 0/10- I first saw this movie years ago when I was in high school. I tried to forget it, and now I see why. What in the fuck were they trying to accomplish here??? I know this is supposed to be a horror/comedy film, but there was absolutely NOTHING in this film that scared me or made me laugh. There are so many gross moments in this film. Some of the stuff they do to impregnate Jeniffer Tilly's character is so weird and disturbing. I literally sat in front of my TV with my jaw hanging wide open in disbelief. Having to see too much of Jennifer Tilly and hear her HIGHLY annoying voice was just too much for me. This film is creepy, but it's not done in a "I'm scared and this film will give me nightmares" way. Seed Of Chucky gave me this disgusted feeling, and this film truly pissed me off. I've never been too crazy about the Child's Play film series, and this film doesn't help change how I feel about the series.

Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever (2009) 5/10- The acting was much better in the first film, but we do see a lot more blood, mayhem, violence, and carnage in Cabin Fever 2. Although, this film just drags a lot of times, and the ending did upset me a little bit. It's so sudden, and it just felt so rushed. It looks like there's going to be a third film for this series, but I don't know if I'm too excited for it.

Fanboys (2009) 8/10- This movies was hilarious, and Fanboys can be a real treat for any Star Wars fan. The acting here is pretty solid. Danny McBride and Seth Rogen were great. I just wish we could've seen more of McBride. There are two touching storylines here, and Fanboys takes you on a fun and nerdy adventure.

The Betrayed (2008) 8/10- This film really took me by surprise. The Betrayed is filled with tension and suspense, and this is a very enjoyable thriller film. The acting here is solid, and the constant twist and turns throughout this film will keep you hooked.

Soul Men (2008) 7/10- I really enjoyed this film. Soul Men is packed with humor. Bernie Mac and Samuel L. Jackson were great as duo, and this film does have nice little twist towards the end. Although, Soul Men is kind of bittersweet for me. Issac Hayes and Bernie Mac died before this one was released, and I would've loved to see a sequel, but it will never happen.

True Grit - Saw it around Christmas, loved it. Usually hate child actors but the bitch in this movie was fantastic. 9/10

Funny Games - Wonderful movie, the humor in it is superb, the lack of background music makes it extremely awkward, and the death metal scenes had me laughing my ass off. Great ending as well. 9/10

Clash Of The Titans - Liked it a lot better in 3d.... The main actor kinda fucking sucks, but his girly kinda makes up for it, some good action scenes here and there... 5/10

Breaking - Extremely corny/cheesy movie about breakdancing, pretty fucking funny though, and the dance moves are damn good. Also heard a much used Wu Tang sample in there, kinda suprised me. 4/10

Black Swan: I was bowled over by this one. I am astounded by how good this was. Some will no doubt be uncomfortable watching it but it was a masterpiece not seen very often. The acting was excellent and the story flows wonderfully. The direction is outstanding also. Portman was really, really good in this and I found it to be one of my favourite films. I will no doubt purchase this when it comes out on DVD. 5/5

The King's Speech: I don't understand why this getting so much praise. Yes it's an inspirational story and yes Firth is bloody good (as is Rush) but I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as some have praised it. I find Bonham Carter's performance to be incredibly hammy and annoying at points. The direction is pretty meh. I give it 4/5 (and that's for the male leads mainly)

The Fifth Element: Besson must have smoked some pretty good stuff before making this one. This film is bizarre and very, very nutty. That's not to say it's not good, it's just very strange. Chris Rock has a very odd role here as Bruce Willis kicks all sorts of ass. Gary Oldman is of course the villain and is nearly as mad as he was in Leon. The real surprise here however is Milla Jovovich. She pulls out a pretty damn good performance. 4/5

Clash of the Titans (2010):
I disliked it in the cinema (and ripped the shit out) and I dislike it even more now. I find it to be a boring and uninteresting CGI clusterfuck that bores the pants off of me. Sam Worthington remains in exactly the same roles (Character is trapped between two worlds and takes a journey which ultimately decides where he should belong). The plot is messed with far to much and the script is bad. 1/5

My Idiot Brother- I don't know when this movie is going to be released because it was just purchased a few days ago, but it's a Sundance Film Festival release, and I figured I might as well plant the seed in your head now so you remember it when it comes out.

This was a fantastic comedy that stars Paul Rudd who plays an absentminded stoner named Ned who, after getting arrested and convicted for selling marijuana to a uniformed officer, loses his girl, his farm, and most importantly his dog. He returns home to live with his mom while trying to find work.

Paul Rudd is the only male sibbling in a big family, and has three sisters whom all live very unique and fairly interesting lives. Liz (Emily Mortimer) is a mother of two who is married to a documentary director, but her marriage is completely devoid of romance and her son is depressed because of the activities his parents force him to partake in. Miranda (Elizabeth Banks) works for Vanity Fair and is in the process of writing an article about a socialite/philanthropist who is getting over a sex tape scandal. Finally, Natalie (Zooey Deschanel) is a lesbian in a committed relationship with a young lawyer (Rashida Jones), but is unsure of what she wants and is all over the place in life and love.

Ned doesn't like living with his mother and soon moves in with Liz, and he tries to help all of his sisters in various ways. However, Ned attempts to apply his unique life philosophy to all of their lives, and the effects of this are not always to the sisters' likings.

It was extremely well acted on very funny. It's not a typical Paul Rudd movie where it's a joke a minute (Dinner for Schmucks comes to mind), but rather the story lets the jokes tell themselves. While this movie won't have you laughing from beginning to end, you will certainly be laughing for days after the movie ended because of some of the scenes. It also doesn't sacrifice story for comedy, and in the end this movie is about family, love, childhood, and the pursuit of happiness. I strongly recommend seeing this movie in theaters as soon as it comes out, or if you can catch an advanced screening seeing it as soon as possible.

I give this movie 8/10

American Beauty (1999)- I was long overdue for watching this movie, and I'm sure I'm not alone. If you haven't seen this film yet GO GET IT RIGHT NOW. This film is, in my opinion, Kevin Spacey's best work and possibly Sam Mendes' best film as well.

The film tells the story of Lester Burnham, a man who has spent the last 20 or so years of his life working at an unfulfilling job and slowly hating his wife more and more and losing the respect of his family and all those that surround him. It takes his new, 18 year old neighbor to help him realize what he really wants in life (among other things, to sleep with his daughter's friend), and he makes the changes he sees necessary immediately.

The film has so many underlying meanings that I'm sure I missed them all and I won't be doing this film justice by trying to recap them all. Among the notable ones are finding pleasures in the simple things in life and being true to yourself and not selling out or being phony. Every single character in this movie is rich in personality and back story and it makes for an incredibly engrossing watch.

Like I said, if you haven't seen this movie yet, you need to see this movie ASAP.

I give it a 10/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back