• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movie Review Thread

Well since we're on the topic of necrophilia, I'd recommend Nacho Cerda's Aftermath. Something the whole family can enjoy.

I suppose I should update this thing...I'll do a part one for now.

9/22/09 Battle in Seattle - 3/5
9/26/09 Watchmen - 3/5
9/29/09 Marathon Man - 4/5
10/1/09 Saw IV - 2/5
10/2/09 Saw V – 2/5
10/2/09 Burn After Reading 3/5

Battle in Seattle was better than I expected it to be, albeit a bit too preachy, even though I'm the audience it's supposed to be preaching to. Watchmen was even more disappointing on the second viewing. Marathon Man is just as good as it's ever been---something about Nazi dentists who carry pop-out blades on their arms is endlesslly entertaining. Got around to watching Saw IV and Saw V, and was still just as unimpressed as the first time I saw them. Figured I'd give them another chance. Just as shit as they were before. I watched Burn After Reading for the first time and was sorely disappointed. Really not very funny. Well, except for the part where Brad Pitt gets shot in the face at point blank range in a closet.

I'll do another update later, as I know you're all hanging on my every word.

True Lies 5/10

Only a 5? This movie's a classic in my book. Same case for Last Action Hero. Have something against Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jake?

Visitor Q 8/10

Great movie. I remember you saying it's your favorite from Miike. Just wondering... what in the hell does it take to get a 10/10 from you? Give me some of your 10/10's, Jake.

Observe And Report 4/10

Harsh. This movie was funny as hell.

Eagle Eye 5/10

How in the hell do you give this piece of shit the same rating you gave True Lies? Surely Jake you cannot think Eagle Eye is as good as True Lies???

Princess 9/10

High rating, never heard of this one though. I tried looking it up, is it the animated feature?

Eh, not a great movie, but better than a 5, IMO. Surely better than fucking Eagle Eye.

Never Surrender 3/10

Terrible film. Absolutely terrible. That's a 1/10 in my book.

12 Rounds 5/10

:disappointed:

Jake, how are 12 Rounds and Eagle Eye on the same par as True Lies, Last Action Hero, Observe and Report, W., etc.? You're killing me, man.

Benny's Video 4/10

I hope Tdigs saw this. Out of curiosity, what'd you think of Haneke's other work?

Only a 5? This movie's a classic in my book. Same case for Last Action Hero. Have something against Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jake?

I like Arnold, but at 2 and a half ours that's excess that even Michael Bay can't get away with.

Great movie. I remember you saying it's your favorite from Miike. Just wondering... what in the hell does it take to get a 10/10 from you? Give me some of your 10/10's, Jake.

A 10/10? You have to be a stone cold classic, and I have to have seen it several times.

Harsh. This movie was funny as hell.

Only if you're a simpleton.

How in the hell do you give this piece of shit the same rating you gave True Lies? Surely Jake you cannot think Eagle Eye is as good as True Lies???

Just as entertaining, underrated.

High rating, never heard of this one though. I tried looking it up, is it the animated feature?

Mostly animated. Child abuse and cute animated children will always get a high rating off me.

Eh, not a great movie, but better than a 5, IMO. Surely better than fucking Eagle Eye.

I remember when Oliver Stone did good film. Ones that would get people talking.

Terrible film. Absolutely terrible. That's a 1/10 in my book.

It's got some boobies in it. And how can you not be slightly entertained by a dubbed GSP and all the terrible acting.

:disappointed:

Jake, how are 12 Rounds and Eagle Eye on the same par as True Lies, Last Action Hero, Observe and Report, W., etc.? You're killing me, man.

It's entertaing as hell. Maybe I should do 5 star ratings. True Lies is easily a four whilst the rest are three at best. The difference wouldn't be as noticable.

I hope Tdigs saw this. Out of curiosity, what'd you think of Haneke's other work?

Meh.

I'll do another update, why not. These are only the movies I wrote down, because I've been shuttling through the Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm Street franchises so far this month as well, just didn't feel like writing it down.

10/3/09 Pan’s Labyrinth – 4.5/5
10/3/09 Wild Strawberries 5/5
10/10/09 Tales of Terror – 3/5
10/10/09 The Pit and the Pendulum – 3.5/5
10/11/09 The King of Comedy - 4.5/5

Pan's Labyrinth took me awhile to get around to, but once I finally did watch it it was just as good as it had been hyped to be. Anything involving the Spanish Civil War immediately is going to have my attention.

Wild Strawberries is one of the greatest films ever made as far as I'm concerned, and is arguably Ingmar Bergman's greatest film. An argument could be made for The Virgin Spring or The Seventh Seal though. Beautiful and haunting.

Tales of Terror is one of the many Roger Corman-Vincent Price adaptations of Edgar Allan Poe tales that he made in the 60s. This one featured Morella, The Black Cat, and The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar. The Black Cat portion of the film is wonderful. Vincent Price is as delightful as usual.

The Pit and the Pendulum is another Corman-Price adaptation of a Poe story, and probably one of the best they ever made. It can be a bit slow at times, but that's really the nature of the story itself. The payoff is priceless however.

The King of Comedy is one of Scorsese's best and most underrated films, and honestly I think De Niro's performance rivals that of any of his other roles, in Scorsese's films or any other. Very dark for Scorsese, and very, very enjoyable.

Yeah, I'll do another update soon.

Observe and Report - 8/10

Watched this right after my last log and right before Jake's, which is why I had it fresh on my mind when I confronted him about his rating. Honestly, I fucking loved this movie. I thought it was absolutely hilarious, so much so I would probably have to rate it as my favorite comedy this year. Yes, over The Hangover.

The Outsiders - 9/10

Random movie I just popped on one day on Starz. I loved this film when I was a kid, and this has to be my first time watching it for years and years. I think I only did watch it to catch Swayze, but I'm glad I did because it's still a great little movie that I thoroughly enjoyed.

The House of Sand and Fog - 7/10

Tremendous acting, especially from Jennifer Connelly and Ben Kingsley, but I still feel the same way about it since the first time I saw it: It would have been better without the pretentious 'tragic' ending. That was so stupid, in my opinion. But up until the last five/ten minutes, it is a great, great movie.

21 Grams - 6/10

Like The House of Sand and Fog, this is another movie with some great acting (especially from Naomi Watts, who is just unbelievable), but honestly.... I think film would have been much better if it was shown in chronological order. Instead, it wants to be Memento, but it fails miserably. Still a good movie, don't get me wrong, but it trying to be "creative art" instead of just a film hurt it big time, in my opinion.

Transformers 2 - 3/10

I expressed how I felt about this one in the Bullshit About Movies thread in the Bar Room. Awful movie. I guess the whole "Seeing it at the movies!" thing fooled me because I didn't think it was that bad when I saw it when it was released, but fuck... watching it in my apartment, all by myself, it's a horrible, horrible movie. The jokes are lame, the action is ridiculously bad, the CGI isn't good at all, and the movie is just too fucking long. I watched the 1st Transformers a bunch of times and it always remained entertaining to me. But Transformers 2 was beyond terrible. There's some good acting from Shia, Fox was still incredibly hot of course, and there were a couple of funny moments with John Leguizamo and the one funny robot, the little Decepticon, who would disappear without any explanation. But other than that... there are no good qualities about the movie.

Wrong Turn 3 - 2/10

Piece of trash. Opening scene is fantastic with a great, great kill that actually made me jump, but outside of that... this film sucked. Even for a B-Rated Horror movie the acting couldn't be any worse. And I guess since the first 2 were so good in my eyes, they just couldn't keep the momentum going. Oh well. Hopefully there's not a #4.

Requiem for a Dream - 10/10

I just felt like watching this the other night. Popped in the DVD, had some dinner, and got caught up in this masterpiece like I always do.

Little Giants - 7/10

This was perhaps my favorite movie for a while when I was a child. I fucking LOVED it. It was on HBO Family the other day, and I decided to just turn it on in the background while I was on here, and I'll be damned if this film wasn't as fucking entertaining today as it was back then. Sure, it's a bit ******ed, but it's fun as hell and a great piece of nostalgia for me. Also, I miss Devon Sawa. He was a great little actor, and Idle Hands is one of my favorite horror/comedy films of all time.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop - 3/10

Stupid trash. The fact this did better at the box office and got more recognition than Observe and Report shows the stupidity currently going on in America today.

Dead Poets Society - 8/10

I watched this actually for the very first time the other day, and I'm glad I did because not only did I enjoy it, but I most likely who have hated it if I watched it when I was younger. But today, I can appreciate how good this film is. Robin Williams is fantastic in it, and this is definitely a top 5 performance from him. And the kids were all great as well. I didn't get much of the poetry because I have never been into any of that stuff unfortunately, but that didn't stop me from digging the film at all. I'm sure if I was more of a poetry buff like Xfear then this would have gotten a 10/10 in my book.

Southland Tales - 9/10

Awesome movie. Watched it twice, and I just love it. It's entertaining, and intelligent as hell to boot. I'm going to pick up the prequel books for this probably around Christmas time, and after reading those I'll watch it again and see if that'll shoot the film up to a 10/10 in my eyes. I want to give it a 10 right now, but that would mean I rank it up there with Requiem for a Dream, but right now... I don't.

10 Things I Love About You - 8/10

Just turned this on yesterday when I went to sleep, as it was just starting on Starz I think, and I ended up watching the entire fucking thing before falling asleep. I've seen this perhaps a 1,000 times and it never gets old. I'm a huge fan of a lot of the actors, and you can tell the influence Dawson's Creek (one of my favorite shows of all time) had on it. Also, words cannot describe how hard the chick from The Secrete World of Alex Mack would get it. She is fucking gorgeous in this film.

I've updated mine again, I've watched some right shit over the past couple of week. A lot of it was childrens rubbish, but I had forgot how entertaining Home Alone was.

Inglourious Basterds was a lot better on a second viewing. It's still my least favorite Tarantino film, but I like it significantly more than I did the first time I saw it.

Jeez I haven't updated this thing since mid-October. Okay, here goes for a long ass list. My computer had to be restored in the beginning of November, so there are quite a few horror movies I watched in October and on Halloween that aren't going to be on this list.

11/2/09 Henry: Portrait o a Serial Killer - 5/5
11/3/09 The Haunting (1963) - 4/5
11/4/09 V - 3.5/5
11/7/09 Reeker - 3.5/5
11/7/09 Monster - 3.5/5
11/8/09 The Abominable Dr. Phibes - 4/5
11/8/09 Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generaton 0.5/5
11/13/09 The Haunting of Molly Hartley - 0.5/5
11/14/09 Swamp Thing - 3/5
11/14/09 Ginger Snaps II: Unleashed - 3.5/5
11/14/09 Glory - 4/5
11/15/09 Diabolique (1955) - 4.5/5
11/16/09 Tremors - 4/5
11/20/09 Motel Hell - 2/5
11/21/09 Maniac Cop - 3/5
11/21/09 Zombieland - 4/5
11/22/09 Turistas - 2.5/5
11/22/09 Bananas - 4/5
11/22/09 Maniac Cop 2 - 2/5
11/25/09 Hell Ride - 3/5
11/27/09 The Panic in Needle Park - 4/5
12/1/09 Sleeper - 4/5
12/3/09 Zelig - 4/5
12/5/09 Manhattan - 5/5
12/6/09 Maniac Cop 3 - 1.5/5
12/10/09 Tales From the Darkside: The Movie - 2.5/5

Yeah, quite a random assortment of films. Went on a Woody Allen kick a week or two ago, watched some of his lesser known comedy classics like Sleeper and Zelig. Alot of trashy B-horror movies in there as well with the likes of the Maniac Cop franchise and other direct-to-video fare. I'm probably also forgetting a film or two here.

Very big update here, so bare with me.

Brotherhood of the Wolf - 8/10

Very good film. Vincent Cassel was great as always, and the film took unexpected turn after unexpected turn. Could have been about 20 minutes shorter, but outside of that... awesome movie.

The Wrestler - 10/10

This premeired on HBO a few weeks ago and I watched it just for the hell of it, even though I already have it on DVD, lol. The film is still as good as ever, though.

Closer - 9/10

X, got me to watch this one. I saw it when it was first released and didn't really dig it, but after viewing it again a few weeks ago, I thought it was awesome. Portman and Owen gained a new respect from me with their performances in this one, and the dialogue was some of the best I've seen in movie in a long time.

Michael Clayton - 7.5/10

Watched this for the first time a few weeks back with my mom, who was already a huge fan of the movie. I really, really dug Clooney's performance, but the film overall, while very good, is still somewhat overrated. It didn't blow me away like it apparently did a lot of others. Still a good film though.

Summer Catch - 3/10

Awful trash. I LOVED this movie back when I was in high school. Jesus... my standards back then. Jessica Biel is still hot as hell in it, and there is one funny scene with a fat broad, but overall the movie sucks some serious ass. I don't know how I ever liked it in the first place.

One Hour Photo - 7.5/10

Was in a Robin Williams mood a while back and felt like watching something of his. One Hour Photo was my choice, and certainly not a bad one. Love this movie. Can't wait to see World's Greatest Dad.

Panic Room - 3/10

Terrible movie. Outside of Jared Leto's performance, the film is horrible and a shit stain on Finch's tremendous body of work.

Peter Pan (2003) - 9.5/10

I mentioned this in the Bar Room not to long ago, but this was absolutely SPECTACULAR. I was just flipping through the channels, came across this film on FX, noticed that J.D. motherfucking McCoy was playing Peter Pan, decided to watch for a minute so I could fully grasp this, and ended up getting completely drawn into the movie full scale. This film has to be the best live action, fantasy kids film I've ever seen. It's THAT fucking good. I highly recommend it for those who haven't seen it. You will not regret it.

Jake, you're into kiddy films... what'd you think of it?

The Net - 6/10

Was talking to Tdigs one night about Sandra Bullock, and coincidentally enough the next day this was on Starz. Decided to watch. Fun movie, like most of Bullock's work. Tdigs doesn't dig her though. :suspic:

The Breakfast Club - 9.5/10

Popped it on the other day. Never gets old.

I Love You, I Love You Not - 1/10

This is one of the shittest movies I've ever seen. How could Claire Danes ever have starred in such a piece of crap? I mean, seriously... it's really up there with the absolute worst movies I ever sat through. It's beyond atrocious. Boring, stupid, and the ending... Jesus, what trash this is. Stay far, far away from this one, folks.

(500) Days of Summer 10/1

Awesome movie. Got it on DVD the first day it was released and enjoyed it as much as I did at the theater. Love it.

Inglourious Basterds 10/10

Look at what I said about (500) Days of Summer.

Home Alone - 8/10

This was on over 24 hours straight for Christmas and I flipped on a few times. Felt like a little kid again. Great movie, even if Kevin's family is filled with *****.

New Jersey Drive - 5/10

Hmmm... finally got around to seeing this. Not bad. Your typical mid-nineties hood movie, which are usually fun. Gabriel Casseus (who is unbelievably underrated) and Donald Faison put on some good performances though.

Network - 6.5/10

X made me watched this. As I told him... the first half of the movie was great, but I was highly letdown with the rest of the film. It just bored me, honestly. Sure, some FANTASTIC acting all throughout (specifically from Faye Dunaway), but not even that could keep my interest. Still, I see why certain people love it and why it's considered a masterpiece.

Terminator: Salvation - 7/10

Got the DVD around Christmas time. Fans of the first 2 Terminators hate it, but I really enjoyed it. Is it as good as the first 2, or even 3 for that matter (part 3 is highly underrated as far as I'm concerned), no... but it was still enjoyable. Some nice action, and some good acting too I thought. The ending could have been a lot better, though. Regardless, very much looking forward to the sequels to this.

Rumble Fish - 4/10

After the Diane Lane thread, I realized it's been a LONG time since I watched Rumble Fish. I was a huge fan of the flick when I was a kid, but man... watching it over, I was highly disappointed. Sorry X, man, but I thought it was ******ed. Rourke put on a great performance, but nothing made sense in this film, and it was overacted to death.

Memories of Murder - 10/10

Got my mom to watch this the other day, she loved it as much as I did. Awesome movie, and a classic in my book.

Frailty - 9/10

Another movie with my main man JD McCoy. :D Anyway, gave my thoughts on it in the Bullshit about Movies thread just a couple of days ago. Great plot, twists, and ending. The acting was very good as well. What more could you want?

The Crimson Rivers 8.5/10

Finally got around to watching this. Very, very good. Gets off to a slow start, and the ending is rushed, but everything in the middle was entertaining and thought provoking. Very good movie, with Cassel of course stealing the show once again. Also, Nadia Farès is fucking gorgeous, I would like to add.

Ichi-1 - 4/10

Had this for a while, and finally got around to seeing it. It's a prequel to Ichi the Killer. Unfortunately, I thought it sucked. However, I can't blame anyone but the studios for that. Apparently, they got a very, very low budget, and a very short time frame to shoot the movie. Of course it's going to be hard to make a movie like this under those circumstances, which sucks because this had some serious potential to be just as great as Ichi the Killer was. I mean, Ichi was still Ichi in it, and the two villains or whatever you're supposed to consider them to be were awesome, but with hardly any money, it's going to be nearly impossible to shoot good fight scenes, and of course the violence is going to be fake as fuck. It's truly a shame this wasn't better.

Battle Royale - 9/10

After X started blabbing about it, I realized it's been a few years since I watched it. Decided to pop the bad boy in and it's still as good as ever. Also, watching it I never realized the jogging chick is the same girl that played Gogo in Kill Bill. AWESOME!! She very well could be my favorite actress of all time, lol.

Jake, you're into kiddy films... what'd you think of it?

I have a child, so I don't have much choice but to enjoy some of them. Peter Pan was ok from what I remember, better than Hook, worse than the Disney animation.

Home Alone - 8/10

This was on over 24 hours straight for Christmas and I flipped on a few times. Felt like a little kid again. Great movie, even if Kevin's family is filled with *****.

This a is a great kids film though. Great performance by Macauley Culkin even though he's a precocious little shit.

My merging of Home Alone and the story of Ann Frank should be in cinemas in 2015.

Terminator: Salvation - 7/10
and some good acting too I thought.

Sam Worthington's accent was all over the shop though.

Ichi-1 - 4/10

I didn't know about this, shit or not I'm getting it.

I'll update mine to the end of December at somee point.

Camp Fear - 1/10

Shit early 90's wannabe slasher. There's one part though that made me bust out laughing. There's this ridiculously awful actor who portrays this bad ass biker, and when the 'good guy' has to team up with him to take out the monster druid, he warns the biker that the monster is really big. The biker's response is by taking out his pathetic little knife and saying, "Size don't bother me none; I've taken out plenty of big fuckers in my day!" or something like that. It doesn't sound the least bit funny, but had you seen it, I guarantee you would have cracked up laughter as I did because the ******ation of the delivery.

Cheerleader Camp - 3/10

Another worthless slasher. Better than Camp Fear, but still nothing special regardless.

The Break - 5/10

Decent little Tennis film. See it if you're a fan of the sport.​

Delta Heat - 3/10

B-Rated action cop flick about an LA cop and a New Orleans cop teaming up together to find a serial killer in New Orleans. Predictable and stupid, but the dialogue wasn't bad at all; it's just Anthony Edwards couldn't deliver any of it in a funny way to save his worthless life.

Visitor Q - 9/10

Sabu - 8/10

Talking with Tdigs the other night on MSN got me in the mood for a little Miike. Love both these movies. Sabu is Miike's hidden gem, even if the hairpieces are terrible. And of course Visitor Q is all kinds of awesome.

Sympathy for Mr. Vengence - 7/10

Lady Vengence - 7/10

Both were good, but I still found myself disappointed with them. I guess seeing Oldboy first ruined these for me, because these two are nothing compared to that masterpiece. Both films had their moments, but at the same time both dragged a little, and were very slow paced at times. Still though, the payoffs for each movie were spectacular, so that's good enough to get those ratings from me.

Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky - 8/10

Can you believe it took me this long to watch this absolutely marvelous film? This movie is so fucking outlandish that you cannot help but to love every second of it. Easily one of the funnest movies I've ever sat through.

City of God - 10/10

Got my mom to watch this Saturday before the Saints game, finally. She loved it, and of course I'm always down for a reviewing of this film.

A Little Romance - 7/10

Diane Lane's first film, also starring Sir Laurence Olivier, and it's pretty damn good. Corny and unrealistic, but still filled with a ton of heart. A very enjoyable film to sit through. Watch it if you're ever in a silly and/or sappy mood.

Escape from New York - 9/10

Just felt like popping this bad boy in last night. Hadn't watched it in years. So much fun. I need to pick up Escape from L.A. next time a go on a DVD buying spree.

This is my first time coming into this thread so lets see how my ratings do.

A Serious Man-The newest Coen's brother film and probably the most like a Coen's brother film since The big Lebowski. I think they tend to do better without huge name stars in their movies. Lots of dark humor and depressing shit in it but very good overall. I would give it a 9/10 and put it in my top 5 movies of the year.

Smoking Aces 2: Blowback-The sequel to the first Smoking Aces, obviously. Not bad, the action was a little bit better but the story and acting was atrocious. 4/10.

Legion-The movie with that crazy ass grandma that can walk on ceilings. Might as well have been a vampire movie, to much neck biting. Also, it could have benefited from an extra 30 minutes, it seemed rushed. 5/10.

Paranormal Activity-I am not a believer in ghosts so that was strike one against this movie. I will admit that during the end I got a little jumpy but other then that it was plain boring. 3/10.

Back 2 The Future Part 3-The weakest of the three Back to the Future films, but I love it regardless. 7.5/10

The Hurt Locker-Great writing, story, acting, the whole deal. Should have won the award for Best Picture at the Golden Globes. 9.5/10

The Lovely Bones 4/10
Terminator Salvation 8/10
Transformers 2 7/10
G I Joe Rise of Cobra 7/10
Paranormal Activity 0000000000000
Angels and Demons 8/10
MOnster vs Aliens 8/10
Alvin and the Chipmucks the Squekuel 6/10 great for the kids though they loved it

1/1/2010 Far Cry 4/10
3/1/2010 Monsters vs. Aliens 6/10
5/1/2010 Journey To The Center Of The Earth (2008) 6/10
9/1/2010 State Of Play 5/10
10/1/2010 I Love You, Man 5/10
10/1/2010 F/X2: The Deadly Art Of Illusion 5/10
10/1/2010 So I Married An Axe Murderer 4/10
11/1/2010 Antichrist 3/10
12/1/2010 The Man Who Fell To Earth 3/10
12/1/2010 The Princess Bride 4/10
16/1/2010 Friday The 13th (2009) 4/10
16/1/2010 Jack Said 3/10
17/1/2010 Bangkok Dangerous (2007) 3/10
18/1/2010 Gamer 7/10
18/1/2010 A Perfect Getaway 8/10
19/1/2010 A Perfect Getaway 7/10
22/1/2010 Drag Me To Hell 6/10
23/1/2010 Funny People 4/10
24/1/2010 Marley & Me 8/10
24/1/2010 Gran Torino 7/10
30/1/2010 Fast & Furious 4/10
31/1/2010 The Sasquatch Dumpling Gang 5/10
1/2/2010 Hoboken Hollow 3/10
2/2/2010 Insanitarium 3/10
3/2/2010 Stoned 6/10
4/2/2010 Out Of Time 3/10
4/2/2010 D.E.B.S. 3/10
5/2/2010 Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins Ball 5/10
6/2/2010 Halloween II (2009) 7/10
7/2/2010 The Firm (2009) 6/10
7/2/2010 The September Issue 7/10
7/2/2010 Year One 6/10
7/2/2010 Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 5/10
7/2/2010 Tony 8/10
12/2/2010 The Last House On The Left (2009) 5/10
14/2/2010 Away We Go 3/10
19/2/2010 The Witches 7/10
20/2/2010 Pandorum 3/10
21/2/2010 Up 8/10
22/2/2010 Quadrophenia 4/10
23/2/2010 Multiplicity 7/10
23/2/2010 The Lovely Bones 9/10
26/2/2010 Jennifer's Body 5/10
27/2/2010 Choke 5/10
27/2/2010 Green Street 2: Stand Your Ground 3/10
28/2/2010 Thirst 7/10
28/2/2010 City Rats 7/10
28/2/2010 Dark Corners 2/10
28/2/2010 Undisputed II: Last Man Standing 3/10
4/3/2010 G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra 7/10
4/3/2010 Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen 6/10
4/3/2010 The Opposite Of Sex 3/10
4/3/2010 Martian Child 6/10
5/3/2010 Hell Ride 4/10
5/3/2010 Michael Jackson's This Is It 6/10
6/3/2010 The Cable Guy 5/10
6/3/2010 The Horseman 7/10
6/3/2010 Skin Walkers 3/10
7/3/2010 Triangle 5/10
7/3/2010 Horsemen Of The Apocalypse 7/10
10/3/2010 Love The Beast 3/10
13/3/2010 Dead Man Running 7/10
14/3/2010 Synecdoche, New York 6/10
14/3/2010 Last Chance Harvey 7/10
16/3/2010 Shutter Island 7/10
17/3/2010 Wrong Side Of Town 4/10
18/3/2010 Leon: Director's Cut 8/10
19/3/2010 The Final Destination 7/10
19/3/2010 Event Horizon 5/10
20/3/2010 Survival Of The Dead 3/10
20/3/2010 Sorority Row 5/10
21/3/2010 Zombieland 7/10
21/3/2010 Blood And Bone 4/10
28/3/2010 What Happens In Vegas 4/10
28/3/2010 The Glimmer Man 5/10
28/3/2010 The Wendell Baker Story 3/10
29/3/2010 Harry Brown 8/10
31/3/2010 Postal 4/10
1/4/2010 Clash Of The Titans (1981) 3/10
1/4/2010 Raising Jeffrey Dahmer 2/10
1/4/2010 You Kill Me 3/10
2/4/2010 2012 7/10
4/4/2010 Milk 5/10
4/4/2010 Conan The Barbarian 3/10
4/4/2010 Ex Drummer 3/10
4/4/2010 The Prophecy 4/10
4/4/2010 The Prophecy II 3/10
4/4/2010 The Wiz 3/10
5/4/2010 Angels & Demons 4/10
5/4/2010 Out Of Reach 3/10
5/4/2010 Land Of The Lost 6/10
5/4/2010 The House Of The Devil 8/10
5/4/2010 Baseketball 5/10
5/4/2010 Universal Soldier: Regeneration 4/10
6/4/2010 Christine 7/10
6/4/2010 Kick-Ass 8/10
6/4/2010 Death Becomes Her 5/10
6/4/2010 Feast 7/10
7/4/2010 (500) Days Of Summer 5/10
7/4/2010 Feast II: Sloppy Seconds 6/10
8/4/2010 The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus 5/10
8/4/2010 Feast III: The Happy Finish 5/10
9/4/2010 Borstal Boy 3/10
9/4/2010 Bunny And The Bull 4/10
10/4/2010 A Serious Man 3/10
11/4/2010 The House Bunny 5/10
13/4/2010 The Bodyguard 4/10
15/4/2010 Law Abiding Citizen
16/4/2010 The Descent 8/10
17/4/2010 Tony Manero 3/10
17/4/2010 The Descent: Part 2 6/10
18/4/2010 Beetlejuice 5/10
18/4/2010 Drop Dead Gorgeous 5/10
22/4/2010 Alvin And The Chipmunks 3/10
23/4/2010 Bitch Slap 3/10
23/4/2010 Fish Tank 6/10
23/4/2010 Alvin And The Chipmunks: The Squakquel 3/10
24/4/2010 The Box 4/10
24/4/2010 The Marine 2 4/10
1/5/2010 The Girlfriend Experience 6/10
2/5/2010 Roxanne 4/10
3/5/2010 Iron Man 2 7/10
3/5/2010 Whiteout 5/10
4/5/2010 The Hurt Locker 7/10
4/5/2010 The Men Who Stare At Goats 4/10
5/5/2010 Traitor 3/10
6/5/2010 Killer Bitch 5/10
7/5/2010 U-Turn 5/10
8/5/2010 Pontypool 5/10
8/5/2010 Waltz With Bashir 4/10
9/5/2010 Lake Placid 2 4/10
9/5/2010 Looking For Eric 4/10
10/5/2010 Bad Lieutenant (1992) 4/10
10/5/2010 Zoo 6/10
11/5/2010 Religulous 6/10
11/5/2010 A Nightmare On Elm Street (2010) 5/10
11/5/2010 Overnight 8/10
11/5/2010 44 Inch Chest 4/10
11/5/2010 An American Werewolf In London 7/10
14/5/2010 Where In The World Is Osama Bin Laden? 4/10
15/5/2010 Spanking The Monkey 5/10
15/5/2010 Commando 7/10
16/5/2010 Marked For Death 5/10
16/5/2010 Judge Dredd 4/10
17/5/2010 The Prophecy 3: The Ascent 3/10
17/5/2010 Fun With Dick & Jane (1976) 6/10
17/5/2010 Hated: GG Allin And The Murder Junkies 7/10
18/5/2010 The Conversation 5/10
19/5/2010 L.I.E. 4/10
19/5/2010 I Think I Love My Wife 5/10
20/5/2010 Idiocracy 4/10
20/5/2010 Summer Catch 3/10
21/5/2010 The Road 5/10
22/5/2010 Babylon A.D. 4/10
22/5/2010 Valhalla Rising 5/10
23/5/2010 Vanishing Point (1971) 5/10
23/5/2010 Ninja Assassin 4/10
23/5/2010 Unlawful Entry 5/10
24/5/2010 Definately, Maybe 4/10
25/5/2010 Supercross 4/10
26/5/2010 X-Files: I Want To Believe 4/10
26/5/2010 Days Of Thunder 6/10
27/5/2010 Tiger On The Beat 7/10
28/5/2010 Precious 4/10
28/5/2010 City Of The Living Dead 2/10
30/5/2010 Under Siege 7/10
31/5/2010 Kill Switch 5/10
31/5/2010 Dreamer 3/10
31/5/2010 Save The Last Dance 2 3/10
31/5/2010 Varsity Blues 3/10
31/5/2010 Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time 5/10
31/5/2010 Daybreakers 4/10
31/5/2010 Gary The Tennis Coach 4/10
31/5/2010 Nico 6/10
1/6/2010 My Blueberry Nights 3/10
1/6/2010 Ella Enchanted 4/10
1/6/2010 Out For Justice 5/10
2/6/2010 Out For A Kill 5/10
3/6/2010 Heartless 8/10
3/6/2010 Spread 5/10
4/6/2010 The Last Boy Scout 6/10
5/6/2010 Alice In Wonderland (2010) 5/10
5/6/2010 Lord Of The Flies (1990) 6/10
6/6/2010 The Book Of Eli 6/10
6/6/2010 Adventureland 4/10
6/6/2010 Hard To Kill 7/10
7/6/2010 Executive Decision 5/10
8/6/2010 Fire Down Below 5/10
8/6/2010 Under Siege 2: Dark Territory 5/10
13/6/2010 The Wolfman (2010) 5/10
13/6/2010 Exam 7/10
15/6/2010 Robo Geisha 4/10
19/6/2010 A Single Man 6/10
19/6/2010 The Other Half 4/10
20/6/2010 Edge Of Darkness 6/10
26/6/2010 The Fly (1986) 8/10
27/6/2010 The Fly II (1989) 5/10
29/6/2010 Fantastic Mr. Fox 7/10
3/7/2010 Gentlemen Broncos 5/10
4/7/2010 The Informant! 5/10
10/7/2010 Onk-Bak: The Beginning 3/10
11/7/2010 Predators 8/10
11/7/2010 On Night In Turin 5/10
12/7/2010 Romeo Is Bleeding 5/10
16/7/2010 Youth In Revolt 5/10
17/7/2010 The Rocker 4/10
17/7/2010 Alien 10/10
18/7/2010 Inception 7/10
18/7/2010 Aliens 10/10
18/7/2010 Alien 3 8/10
19/7/2010 Alien Resurrection 7/10
20/7/2010 The Crazies (2010) 5/10
21/7/2010 The Crazies (1973) 3/10
21/7/2010 The Little Rascals 6/10
22/7/2010 The Girld With The Dragon Tattoo 5/10
25/7/2010 Pimp 5/10
25/7/2010 12-Twelve 3/10
25/7/2010 The Invention Of Lying 6/10
26/7/2010 Clash Of The Titans (2010) 5/10
29/7/2010 Shank 3/10
1/8/2010 Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay 4/10
1/8/2010 Command Performance 3/10
2/8/2010 From Paris With Love 5/10
5/8/2010 On Deadly Ground 4/10
8/8/2010 In The Electric Mist 4/10
8/8/2010 Toy Story 3 7/10
10/8/2010 The Tale Of Desperaux 4/10
14/8/2010 The Stranger 4/10
15/8/2010 Meet Dave 4/10
16/8/2010 Camp Rock 4/10
22/8/2010 Piranha 3D 8/10
25/8/2010 Heavy Metal 4/10
26/8/2010 Death At A Funeral (2007) 4/10
28/8/2010 Repo Men 4/10
29/8/2010 The Man With Two Brains 4/10
29/8/2010 The Expendables 6/10
30/8/2010 Martin 6/10
30/8/2010 Scott Pilgrim vs. The World 6/10
30/8/2010 Hot Tub Time Machine 7/10
31/8/2010 Four Lions 5/10
4/9/2010 G-Force 5/10
4/9/2010 Loaded 3/10
4/9/2010 Ned Kelly (1970) 3/10
4/9/2010 Carla's Song 3/10
5/9/2010 Belle De Jour 6/10
5/9/2010 Day Of The Dead (2007) 3/10
5/9/2010 Benny & Joon 3/10
5/9/2010 Untamed Heart 3/10
5/9/2010 11:14 7/10
7/9/2010 Franklyn 3/10
7/9/2010 Agent Cody Banks 4/10
7/9/2010 Nim's Island 3/10
11/9/2010 Defendor 3/10
11/9/2010 Kick-Ass 7/10
11/9/2010 National Lampoon's Vacation 6/10
12/9/2010 The Nines 6/10
12/9/2010 The Lovely Bones 8/10
12/9/2010 Exit Through The Gift Shop 7/10
12/9/2010 Gonzo: The Life And Work Of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson 6/10
16/9/2010 Rollerball (1975) 6/10
16/9/2010 National Lampoon's European Vacation 5/10
17/9/2010 An Inconvenient Truth 3/10
17/9/2010 National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation 5/10
18/9/2010 The Deal 3/10
18/9/2010 Honey, I Shrunk The Kids! 8/10
19/9/2010 The Other Guys 5/10
19/9/2010 The Fugitive 6/10
19/9/2010 Honey, I Blew Up The Baby! 6/10
20/9/2010 Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves! 3/10
23/9/2010 Risky Business 6/10
23/9/2010 M 4/10
25/9/2010 Green Zone 6/10
26/9/2010 Perth 3/10
26/9/2010 In The Line Of Fire 6/10
26/9/2010 Sueno 3/10
27/9/2010 The Bad Lieutenant - Port Of Call: New Orleans 7/10
27/9/2010 The Killer Inside Me 6/10
27/9/2010 Sixty Six 6/10
28/9/2010 American: The Bill Hicks Story 3/10
28/9/2010 Thr3e 2/10
28/9/2010 Gregory's Girl 4/10
29/9/2010 De-Lovely 2/10
30/9/2010 Cop Out 5/10
30/9/2010 Into The Sun 4/10

24/1/2010 Marley & Me 8/10

Wow... I'm sitting here in shock. I dug the movie as well, but an 8/10? Damn, never would have seen that coming from you.

11/1/2010 Antichrist 3/10

I was planning to check this out, but for now I think I'll put it on hold until it comes on HBO or some channel like that after reading this. If YOU don't like a movie like this, then it surely must not have the shock factor everyone raves about.

18/1/2010 Gamer 7/10

Really, Jake? It looks like trash to me, man. Though, to be fair, I can't fucking stand Gerard Butler, so that might be clouding my judgment a bit.

7/2/2010 Year One 6/10

... yet, you shit on Observe and Report? :disappointed:

Anyway, I'll give an update sometime Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully by then I would have seen a couple of more movies.

Wow... I'm sitting here in shock. I dug the movie as well, but an 8/10? Damn, never would have seen that coming from you.

A family drama disguised as a film about a comedy dog, I thought it was good. But I wouldn't give it 8/10 a second time, I know that for sure.

I was planning to check this out, but for now I think I'll put it on hold until it comes on HBO or some channel like that after reading this. If YOU don't like a movie like this, then it surely must not have the shock factor everyone raves about.

There's nothing shocking about it. The first insert of hardcore sex is worthless, then nothing happens but some crying and more sex, then a bit of mutilation. None of it's shocking, it's just really boring.

Really, Jake? It looks like trash to me, man. Though, to be fair, I can't fucking stand Gerard Butler, so that might be clouding my judgment a bit.

It is trash, but I don't see what's wrong with that. It takes itself more seriously than Crank, which is it's only problem.

... yet, you shit on Observe and Report? :disappointed:

Sure, neither is terribly funny, but Year One had three women I wanted to sleep with. That means it held my intrest more than most films.

So here are my review of some of the movies that i have watched lately. So lets start

A serious man 7.5/10
Good but some parts kind of drag on.

Couples Retreat 6.5/10
Good for some laughs nothing less nothing more

(500) Days Of Summer 7/10
I enjoyed it but it really didn't wow me

A History Of Violence 7.5/10
Good Movie but at times i thought it kind of dragged on

Crazy Heart 9/10
Very Good Movie Jeff Bridges was amazing probably top 5 of the year

Let the Right One In 8/10
Good Movie and different for a vampire movie it was very enjoyable

Paranormal Activity 7.5/10
I liked this movie the acting wasn't great but it didn't bother me.

Legion 6/10
This movie disappointed me not enough action and it was a little to corny.

The Book Of Eli 7/10
Its a good movie but it leaves you wanting more.

Sherlock Holmes 5/10
Thought the movie was boring and had bad plot only good thing was Robert Downey Jr.

Edge of Darkness 4.5/10
Lets just say not Mel Gibsons best work.

Very enjoyable Movie good acting and action scenes and amazing visuals what drops to a 8.5 insteated of 9.5 its a plot that we have all seen before.

Captivity- Shitty movie, only saved by Elisha Cuthbert's hotness. I gave it a 4/10 a couple days ago but that is generous as hell.

The Burrowers- Cheap knock off of Tremors, only saved by Clancy Brown who I find to be a very underrated actor. 4/10

Frankenstein (1994)- Starring Robert Deniro as the monster. Seeing as I never read the book I say it was decent. Long ass movie. It also had Helena Bonham Carter which is no surprise since she appears in all these sorts of movies.

Aliens series- I decided to go through and re-watch what possible may be my favorite series of movies ever, Aliens. God damn did I forget how fantastic and eerie the first film was. The second was just as amazing as I remember even if it did have a bigger budget. I also decided have a new fondness for the 3rd one which really is underrated even though some of the scenes with the Alien are not good looking. And the 4th one is well....the 4th one. Not a very good movie but entertains me. Doesn't hurt that I love Gary Dourdan and Ron Pearlman.

Alien- 8.5/10
Aliens-9/10
Alien 3-7/10
Alien Resurrection- 4/10

Eastern Promises- I finally got a hold of this movie and have to say I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong it was a good film but I didn't think it was anywhere near as food as A History of Violence. Though I must admit that watching Vigo roll beat those guys asses while completely nude was badass. 7/10

Tigerland- Colin Farrill was pretty good in this film but it just didn't do much for me. All of the characters were fine but I guess it felt like a poor mans version of Full Metal Jacket to me. Cole Hauser was the shining light for me. 6/10

The Crazies- I did not expect to see this movie but did. Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Timothy Olyphant is the fucking man and delivered a very good performance in this film. It did have some plot holes however. 6.5/10

The Crimson Tides- Starring Jean Reno and Vincent Cassell. I feel the movie had potential but the way the dvd was out together was garbage. It had english dubbed voices and then english subtitles that did not match what was being said. 4/10

Chocolate- I am not in to kung fu movies but figured I would check this movie out. Not terrible but not great, also not my cup of tea. Cool action scenes though. 5/10

Ghost World- Very good film. Thora Birch was terrific as was Steve Buscemi. The soundtrack was very good as well. 8/10

Jackie Brown- Not Tarantino's best film but not bad. DeNiro was a bit generic in this film and Pam Grier really did nothing for me. An okay film but nothing special. 6/10

Frontiers- Horror movie much along the same lines as Hostel and Saw and those sorts of films. It seemed as if the writer had just gotten done watching TCM because it matched that movie pretty much to a T. Also, I didn't get the whole Nazi Germany in modern day setting thing. 5/10

Frontiers- Horror movie much along the same lines as Hostel and Saw and those sorts of films. It seemed as if the writer had just gotten done watching TCM because it matched that movie pretty much to a T. Also, I didn't get the whole Nazi Germany in modern day setting thing. 5/10

I think Xavier Gens has a bright future ahead of him, but Frontieres is nowhere near as good as the three significant horror films that came out of France in the last decade. If you haven't seen them yet, they are: Switchblade Romance/Haute Tension, Inside, and Martyrs. While I wasn't that big of a fan of Switchblade Romance, Inside and Martyrs were, in my opinion, the two best horror films to come out this past decade.

Anyway, I should get back on this movie log thing. I guess I'll start from scratch and give reasons for my ratings. I'll do five right now; since I don't remember when I saw them, let's just assume I saw them today.

The Hurt Locker 10/10 - I fucking loved this film. It's not so much a movie about the war in Iraq as it is a character study about a man with an obsessive love for disposing of bombs. If you laugh at the idea of someone absolutely loving what they do and not loving another living, breathing person, then you have the intelligence of a 2 year-old and should not watch this film.

The Crazies 8/10 - Competently-made horror films are so hard to come by these days. Thankfully, this is a really well-made remake that any horror fan should go out of their way to check out.

Pieces 2/10 - So, I got the opportunity to rewatch this Spanish college campus slasher/giallo, and it was so much shittier than I remember it being. This is sad, since I thought this film was pretty disturbing when I was 12 or 13. Well, if you're a Grindhouse cinema fanatic, there's no reason that you shouldn't see this one at least once.

Amadeus 10/10 - In my opinion, this is the greatest English-speaking film ever made. Furthermore, F. Murray Abraham gives quite possibly the greatest performance of all time as Antonio Salieri, the Austrian court composer floored by both Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's lewd, childish, and appetitive behavior and his undeniable musical genius.

Vengeance Is Mine 10/10 - Imamura's the tits, 'nuff said. Just like you can't be cool if you know about Scorsese but not Malick, you can't be cool if you know about Kurosawa but not Imamura.

I think Xavier Gens has a bright future ahead of him, but Frontieres is nowhere near as good as the three significant horror films that came out of France in the last decade. If you haven't seen them yet, they are: Switchblade Romance/Haute Tension, Inside, and Martyrs. While I wasn't that big of a fan of Switchblade Romance, Inside and Martyrs were, in my opinion, the two best horror films to come out this past decade.

Anyway, I should get back on this movie log thing. I guess I'll start from scratch and give reasons for my ratings. I'll do five right now; since I don't remember when I saw them, let's just assume I saw them today.

The Hurt Locker 10/10 - I fucking loved this film. It's not so much a movie about the war in Iraq as it is a character study about a man with an obsessive love for disposing of bombs. If you laugh at the idea of someone absolutely loving what they do and not loving another living, breathing person, then you have the intelligence of a 2 year-old and should not watch this film.

The Crazies 8/10 - Competently-made horror films are so hard to come by these days. Thankfully, this is a really well-made remake that any horror fan should go out of their way to check out.

Pieces 2/10 - So, I got the opportunity to rewatch this Spanish college campus slasher/giallo, and it was so much shittier than I remember it being. This is sad, since I thought this film was pretty disturbing when I was 12 or 13. Well, if you're a Grindhouse cinema fanatic, there's no reason that you shouldn't see this one at least once.

Amadeus 10/10 - In my opinion, this is the greatest English-speaking film ever made. Furthermore, F. Murray Abraham gives quite possibly the greatest performance of all time as Antonio Salieri, the Austrian court composer floored by both Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart's lewd, childish, and appetitive behavior and his undeniable musical genius.

Vengeance Is Mine 10/10 - Imamura's the tits, 'nuff said. Just like you can't be cool if you know about Scorsese but not Malick, you can't be cool if you know about Kurosawa but not Imamura.

I haven't seen all of those that you listed, but I will certainly check them out when I can. I have seen High Tension, or I mean Haute Tension and enjoyed it. It is a solid horror film with both a good twist at the end and good violence. I actually saw it in French on accident, not that big of a deal but probably the first foreign film I ever saw. Some parts of it were a little ridiculous but overall I enjoyed it. I will make sure to find those other ones you listed as well. Frontiers was an okay movie but it felt as though it borrowed a ton of shit from other horror movies, which is not a terrible thing either.

Drag Me to Hell-A hilarious comedy-horror movie that was suprisingly great to say the least. I was expecting nothing more than a shit. 4/5

A Perfect Getaway- The twist made absoulutly no sense when you trace back through the film and parts of it felt unorigional and slightly cheesy. 2.5/5

Law Abiding Citizen- Despite some very predictable instances, it is an extemely entertaining movie with tons of thrills.
4/5

Shutter Island- An incredible movie, with superb acting and alot of suspense. After hearing all the negative reviews, I was pleasntly suprised at how great this movie is. From what i've heard its one of those either you love it or you hate it type films. I loved it. So far, best movie of 2010. 5/5

The Hangover- Non-stop hysterical moments that had my gut hurting after from the contious laughing. Zach Galifianakis is a god. 4.5/5

Funny People- A boring movie that produced not one chuckle from myself. Very dissapointing and extremely dull. .5/5

Gummo- A trippy movie that feels like a bizzare reminiscion. it involves cat-torturing kids, a brother who prostirute his down syndrom sister, and eyebrowless chicks. This movie is truely an experience. 4/5

I really haven't watched many movies lately, kind of odd of me I know. There's just so much great wrestling that I'd usually rather spend my time watching these days. Anyways since my last update in December, this is my list.

12/16/09 Frost/Nixon - 4/5
12/16/09 Salvador - 4.5/5
12/19/09 Once Upon a Time in America - 5/5
12/20/09 The Pope of Greenwich Village - 3.5/5
12/24/09 The Santa Clause - 3/5
12/25/09 It's a Wonderful Life - 5/5
12/26/09 Tropic Thunder - 4/5
12/26/09 Battle Royale - 5/5
12/27/09 Role Models - 3/5
12/27/09 Nowhere - 4/5
12/30/09 Avatar - 4.5/5
1/16/10 Body Snatchers - 3.5/5
1/24/10 Go - 4/5
2/11/10 Tyson - 4.5/5
2/25/10 Law-Abiding Citizen - 3/5
2/26/10 The Hurt Locker - 5/5
2/27/10 Office Space - 4/5
2/28/10 Shaun of the Dead - 4/5

Bit of a random list, a few Christmas movies, some random comedies and other recent releases, a few horror films and such. The Hurt Locker was simply marvelous, TDigs gave it a good description when he said that it's more of a character study than a "war" film, but the strength of Jeremy Renner's performance alone makes it just a great, great film. I sincerely hope that it wins Best Picture. Well, that or District 9.

12/27/09 Role Models - 3/5

Didn't dig Role Models too much, huh? Tdigs actually hated it himself (though he hates everything Paul Rudd). I loved it, personally. Though, I'm a bit of a SWS fanboy, so that may have clouded my judgment.

2/11/10 Tyson - 4.5/5

Awesome. Glad to see you watched this. Excellent documentary.

Anyway, I'll post mine sometime this week. I've watched a shitload of movies since my last post here, so I need to try and figure out all that I watched.

Role Models - 7/10

Very fun comedy. Not sure why it gets a bad rap around this place.

Lady Beware - 9/10

Highly rare eighties movie starring Diane Lane, and it's fucking awesome. Jake, you specifically would love it. Check it out if you can, man.

Diner 6/10

Nice little comedy. Has its moments, but leaves a lot left to be desired. Daniel Stern was great in it though, especially the scene where he argues with his wife about his records.

The Matrix - 10/10
The Matrix Reloaded - 6/10
The Matrix Revolutions - 4/10

Talked about this in the Bullshit thread. It was my first time watching The Matrix since it first came out, and man did it blow me away. I enjoyed it the first time, but I didn't grasp the story as well as I did this time around. But, the sequels, which were my first time watching either of them, were trash compared to the first film. I was really, really disappointed.

Naked 7.5/10

Talkative, fascinating film that Tdigs hooked me up with. Great, great performance by David Thewlis, and I especially loved the scene at the abandoned building with the lonely security guard.

Come and See 8/10

Another film Tdigs hooked me up with. It starts off slow as hell and as I'm watching, I'm thinking, "Why did Tdigs think I would ever like this?" But the last hour or so of the movie is simply phenomenal. I sat their in awe the entire final act. I absolutely could not believe what I was watching. If you're interested in seeing a 'different' kind of War film to show you what it was really like during WW2 for some countries, then definitely check this bad boy out.

Joint Security Area 10/10

One of the most touching movies I've ever seen. Watch it. Now.

The Forbidden Kingdom 5/10

Watched this on Showtime some random night. It was decent, but man do I wish Li and Chan could have worked together in the nineties. Their fight scenes here just have way too many special effects for my liking.

The Open Road 4/10

Daddy/son movie starring Jeff Bridges and Justin Timberlake. Some decent acting, but the story is slow and not interesting in the slightest bit.

Shoot 'Em Up 4.5/10

Put the action in an actual good movie, and you'll have a masterpiece. Instead, with this, you just have a bunch of good ideas gone to waste due to some ******ed politics. Fucking stupid ass movie.

Killing Zoe - 6/10

Good movie, but I was still really disappointed with it. The first act is just way too long and boring. I love Roger Avary, but in this film, in his first act, he wrote way too much meaningless dialogue. His buddy at the time Quentin Tarantino can get away with that because he knows how to write a conversation and keep it interesting, but the shit in the first 30/45 minutes of this film is just worthless drivel. Once they reach the bank though, the movie does get pretty damn awesome, so props for that.

The Thing Called Love - 6/10

River Phoenix's last film. Entertaining movie with some touching stuff and good music.

Feeling Minnesota 7/10

Surprisingly very, very entertaining film.

Dark City - 7/10

Hated this the first time I saw it about 5 years or so ago. Decided it to give it another chance and actually dug it. Not as good as its followers claims, but still a pretty damn good movie.

On the Doll 1/10

******ed film. Absolutely ******ed. No other way to describe it. Avoid it at all cost.

I Love You To Death 8/10

Highly entertaining comedy from the early nineties, based on the true story of a wife who tries to murder her husband when she finds out he's been unfaithful. Check this out if you can. I really, really enjoyed it.

Unfaithful 4/10

Stupid ass story, but great acting and tits from Diane Lane, so I don't mind sitting through this.

Death Note 10/10

Simply a masterpiece. Already went over it in the Bullshit thread. Highly recommend this for those who haven't seen it.

Fighting - 7/10

Very, very good movie. Fight scenes were the most realistic I've seen on a movie based around MMA, and the story/acting were solid as well. Better movie than Never Back Down, IMO.

Police Story 1 - 10/10
Police Story 2 - 9/10
Legend of Drunken Master - 9/10

Was in the mood for some Jackie Chan a couple of weeks ago. Love, love, love his shit.

The Watcher - 2/10

Pure shit. Not sure why I watched it again.

Infernal Affairs 1 - 8/10
Infernal Affairs 2 - 9/10
Infernal Affairs 3 - 5.5/10

#1 was very good, but as I said in the Bullshit thread, nowhere near as good as the 10/10 Departed. However, #2 was simply fantastic and the best in the series in my opinion. The only reason it didn't get a 10 out of 10 is because something bugged me about the ending, but besides that, GREAT fucking movie. And #3, while still somewhat good, was disappointing. It dragged, was confusing, and simply did not make sense. Regardless, make sure you eventually check these films out if you're a fan of The Departed.

Word's Greatest Dad 10/10

Best fucking comedy I've seen in ages. Please check this movie out people; it is fucking tremendous. Why it didn't get any love from award shows, I have no idea, but it's a movie I think anyone would really enjoy.

The River's Edge - 8/10

I'm a big fan of the movie Alpha Dog, and this here was basically the 1980's version of it. Great movie.

The Projector - 4/10

Basically what I said about Shoot 'Em Up. Tremendous action scenes, but just an absolute shit story. I couldn't believe how ******ed this was. It's a shame to see such great fight sequences go to such a shitty film.

The Host - 8/10

Very, very good, but I'm afraid not as good as some put it over. While I enjoyed it quite a bit, it still fails in comparison to other South Korean classics like Oldboy, Memories of Muder, and Joint Security Area. Still very good though.

Updated from the 7th February. I've been very kind to the work of Danny Dyer, but he's a talented actor and he was on fire with Dead Man Running and the straight to DVD City Rats.

I don't care what anybody says, Rachael Nichols is attractive enough to make GI Joe a weekly watch. Loved when Michael Keaton goes full ****** in Multiplicity. There aren't enough Roald Dahl adaptations. Thirst had the funniest scene I've seen in ages. The Michael Jackson shows looked like they would've been spectacular, shame about the music and the strange man singing. The Horseman wins my favorite film with Horse in the title of this update. Tansformers 2 ain't that bad. Love The Beast might be intresting if you're intrested in cars. Who is Larry Bishop and why does he think he's a sex God with acting talent?

Film of the update, The Lovely Bones. Although Peter Jackson needs to know when you let you let your villain live and when you make him die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back