• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movie Marathon Weekend - Anybody Want to Join?

Get Him to the Greek
Meh

Inglorious Bastards
and meh

Not saying that they arent good, just that they arent that great. Others are good and in the case of "The Godfather 1&2" excelent. :)

If you wanna watch something I recommend newer movies like "Silver Linings Playbook" and "Seven Psychopats". Both worth of watching, both great. :)

Seven Psychopats
Sometimes, there are movies that I feel are trying to be unique, and make bold statements about the copy/paste mundaness of the film industry. Movies like Stranger Than Fiction, that take their genre and think way outside the box.

Seven Psychopaths felt, at least to me, like a movie that tried way too hard to be unique and weird, and just wasn't very good. It had its moments, and I didn't hate it. I'm glad I watched it. But I liken it to Drive. That movie was just weird. It tried really hard to be unique and make some bold statements, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as I think they wanted me to. Sometimes I think playing by the rules can be a good thing. In the case of these two films, it may have enhanced my opinions of them. I don't know. Maybe I'm off my rocker, I just think they tried too hard to be something they weren't.

That is really sad. I wonder what it is about comedies that some people get them, and others don't. For instance, I thought Rock of Ages was awful. I didn't like Talledega Nights until I watched it again semi-recently. For whatever reason, Get Him to the Greek is one of the most hilarious films I have ever seen. I've watched it several dozen times, and I could seriously see it 3 times a day and not get bored of it. I just love the chemistry between the two of them. And all the secondaries are great. As I said, Diddy is hilarious. I don't know man. Sorry you didn't like it. It's real hard for me to even find fault with it. Maybe it's just a comedy that hits on every single one of my preferences.

I agree about Talledega Nights though. First time I watched it my reaction was "meh this was okay nothing special." then I watched it again and my reaction changed to "huh. that was much better than I expected."

That same type of thing happened with Step Brothers too first time I watched it I thought besides a couple moments it wasn't all that good. Now it's one of my favorite movies and I think it's fucking hilarious.

Also, I'm just gonna ignore the Rock Of Ages comment.

Watched Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story today. Still one of my favorite movies ever, It's at the point where I can go line for line pretty much with the movie. You ever seen this one HGR?

Also went with a few friends to go see Movie 43 that was hilarious! Weird but hilarious.

Seven Psychopaths felt, at least to me, like a movie that tried way too hard to be unique and weird, and just wasn't very good. It had its moments, and I didn't hate it. I'm glad I watched it. But I liken it to Drive. That movie was just weird. It tried really hard to be unique and make some bold statements, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as I think they wanted me to. Sometimes I think playing by the rules can be a good thing. In the case of these two films, it may have enhanced my opinions of them. I don't know. Maybe I'm off my rocker, I just think they tried too hard to be something they weren't.

This upsets me. I thought both movies were fantastic, but I do understand why people don't like it.

I had a movie day yesterday. I watched Seven Psychopaths, Django Unchained, This is 40, Les Mis and End Of Watch. Les Mis is pretty bad.

This upsets me. I thought both movies were fantastic, but I do understand why people don't like it.

I had a movie day yesterday. I watched Seven Psychopaths, Django Unchained, This is 40, Les Mis and End Of Watch. Les Mis is pretty bad.

I haven't seen Les Mis but you're the first person I've heard give it a bad review.

I haven't seen Les Mis but you're the first person I've heard give it a bad review.

I'm going to give it another watch. The first time I watched it with friends so my interest wasn't completely on the film, but it didn't really do anything for me, bar Anne Hathaway completely nailing her role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back