• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movie Marathon Weekend - Anybody Want to Join?

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Have today off, and I only have to work for a few hours on Saturday, our slowest day of the week. And I have nothing to do up until the Royal Rumble Sunday night. People are sick and I don't really want to be social, as to avoid getting the flu. So after already watching 8 Mile and Kill Bill today, I decided to just have a movie marathon. I need something to get the creative juices flowing.

Anyways, if you've got some time off, you should watch a movie and discuss/laugh about it here with me. Open to suggestions, or whatever you have. If I don't, I'll go download it.

Movies I would like to watch:
The Godfather
The Godfather: Part II
Get Him to the Greek
Kill Bill 2
Inglorious Bastards

If you're interested, just throw out a movie and what time you're free, and I'll make it happen. Just trying to find something fun to do over the weekend. Cheers! :)

I watched Godfather for the first time since I was a rascally teen yesterday, now I need to track down part 2 as Netflix is being a bastard and deciding not to store it.

The others I'm not overly fussed about. I did watch Kill Bill 2 again recently but it just sort of drags compared to the pacing of 1. I've still got The Social Network to watch, might get round to it this weekend. Any thoughts on it?

I watched Godfather for the first time since I was a rascally teen yesterday, now I need to track down part 2 as Netflix is being a bastard and deciding not to store it.

The others I'm not overly fussed about. I did watch Kill Bill 2 again recently but it just sort of drags compared to the pacing of 1. I've still got The Social Network to watch, might get round to it this weekend. Any thoughts on it?

It's real good. Some people think otherwise, but I really enjoy it. Great production. Visually very pretty. And I'm a fan of all the other actors, particuarlly Justin Timberlake.

I actually have that, so if you want to watch it just let me know when.

I have seen Get HIm to the Greek at least 30 times. It's the movie I watch when I clean, or do work at home, etc. It's just funny every single time. I love Russel Brand, and his chemistry with Jonah Hill is fantastic. Brand's comedic timing as amazing, when he's go a straight man to play off of. Also, Diddy's role in the movie is one of my favorite tertiary comedy characters.

The rap battle between Rabbit and Papa Doc at the end is one best the final confrontations I've seen in any type of film. Papa Doc's speechless reaction is just priceless after Eminem tears him apart on the mic.

Also, what about the original Halloween movie?

I had this same idea for tonight and maybe tomorrow depending if my friends bail on me again. I'll be watching American Pie and Rock Of Ages for sure tonight. Maybe Superbad as well.

I couldn't make it through Rock of Ages. Nor could I make it through the Campaign. Which sucks, because I like both Farrell and Galafanafuck. Writing was awful. Jokes just felt terribly over-played in like...everything the two of them have ever done. It felt like them wanting to make another Talladega Nights, and trying way too hard.

I couldn't make it through Rock of Ages. Nor could I make it through the Campaign. Which sucks, because I like both Farrell and Galafanafuck. Writing was awful. Jokes just felt terribly over-played in like...everything the two of them have ever done. It felt like them wanting to make another Talladega Nights, and trying way too hard.

Yeah I thought The Campaign was horrible. I saw it in theaters and by time it ended I was in the theaters arcade playing Need For Speed because that's how bored I was.

Rock Of Ages however is still one of my favorite movies and I still think Tom Cruise was brilliant in his role, Same with Zeta Jones.

As for the movie night mine has begun, Popped in Fever Pitch which brings back memories of the great days of the Sox and I enjoy the love story of Ben and Lindsey. After this is over i'll be watching Rock Of Ages or Superbad....depends if i'm in the mood for a comedy or music.

I am on a horror kick right now. I am living in my in-laws basement until our house gets fixed from a flood. I am watching newer horror movies though as I have seen most of the older ones:

I watched:

Sinister: surprisingly creepy.
Insidious: Pretty good.

the Bay: Not bad.

Descent: Disappointing.

Paranormal Activity 4: This series needs to change shit up, could the protagonist do something different for once, even punch the damn demon in the face?

I just started watching American Horror Story and I am on the first episode. Pretty good so far. But I fear I have accidentally read too many spoilers....Oh well.

This weekend I will watch more of that and then maybe Devil's Backbone, Orphanage, Possession, House at End of Street....Maybe go back and rewatch Silent Hill, Haunting, Blair Witch 2 as I don't remember any of them. I am also tempted to watch Deep Blue Sea just for the fun of it.

Watched Fever Pitch- Still love that movie and still want everything in Ben's apartment for my house one day.

And now almost finished with Rock Of Ages. After it's over if I feel up to it I'll pop in Superbad, If not I'll pass out.

How's your movie night going HGR?

Watched Social Network in 2 legs last night and this morning. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would to be honest. For the first hour it felt a bit like a digital Good Will Hunting but it really grew on me in the second half.

Watched Social Network in 2 legs last night and this morning. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would to be honest. For the first hour it felt a bit like a digital Good Will Hunting but it really grew on me in the second half.

I've tried twice to make it through this movie and was unable to. Just too boring.

Admittedly, Jesse Eisenberg usually irritates me quite a bit and the first 30 mins or so didn't help the films cause too much, but Andrew Garfield was the standout for me and soon became the character I wanted to see more of.

Still prefer GWH but like I say, I was pleasantly surprised by it all the same.

I just started watching American Horror Story and I am on the first episode. Pretty good so far. But I fear I have accidentally read too many spoilers....Oh well.

Are you talking about season 2, "Asylum"?

If so, strap-in, the majority of the season moves at breakneck pace. I guess they figured since we all knew the "anthology" gimmick this time they couldn't hold back or pull punches.

Absolutely masterful though. I prefer it to season one.

Spent this morning watching Smackdown (booooring), catching up on NXT and watching Kitchen Nightmares on Hulu.

Anybody want to watch anything?

Fine. I'll just keep watchign Kitchen Nightmares.

God damn, this is the busiest I've ever been on Wrestlezone for a Saturday, excluding WrestleMania 28 weekend. Damn TNA and their 4 weeks of spoilers.

I have seen Get HIm to the Greek at least 30 times. It's the movie I watch when I clean, or do work at home, etc. It's just funny every single time. I love Russel Brand, and his chemistry with Jonah Hill is fantastic. Brand's comedic timing as amazing, when he's go a straight man to play off of. Also, Diddy's role in the movie is one of my favorite tertiary comedy characters.

It's weird. I love Russell Brand AND Jonah Hill and I hated Get Him To The Greek. My sister got it for me for Christmas, and no word of a lie but I've given it away to someone. The only funny bit I remember in that film was to do with stroking a furry wall. As far as I'm concerned, Jonah Hill is getting slowly funnier and funnier in his films.

It's weird. I love Russell Brand AND Jonah Hill and I hated Get Him To The Greek. My sister got it for me for Christmas, and no word of a lie but I've given it away to someone. The only funny bit I remember in that film was to do with stroking a furry wall. As far as I'm concerned, Jonah Hill is getting slowly funnier and funnier in his films.

That is really sad. I wonder what it is about comedies that some people get them, and others don't. For instance, I thought Rock of Ages was awful. I didn't like Talledega Nights until I watched it again semi-recently. For whatever reason, Get Him to the Greek is one of the most hilarious films I have ever seen. I've watched it several dozen times, and I could seriously see it 3 times a day and not get bored of it. I just love the chemistry between the two of them. And all the secondaries are great. As I said, Diddy is hilarious. I don't know man. Sorry you didn't like it. It's real hard for me to even find fault with it. Maybe it's just a comedy that hits on every single one of my preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back