• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Moments when wrestling made you irrationally upset

The spinner belt.

When Cena had the US one I thought it was dumb, but could care less. When he made the WWE title a spinner it lit a fire inside part of my brain. I still hate that goddamn belt lasted so long. Disliked it even when they removed the spinner. Was so happy when they changed it.

Gentle reminder that the expression is "couldn't care less". If you could care less, that means you do somewhat care, which is the opposite of the point of the expression. Sorry, this is just one of my "word logic" triggers.

But yeah the spinner was naff and conceptually outdated even when it was first introduced. People begged for years for that title design to be changed.

I used to lose my shit all the time watching wrestling as a kid. Like when British bulldog turned heel I tore up a poster of his I had on my bedroom wall. Granted it was a freebie from WWF magazine so I wasn't out any money but man I was pissed. Also this one time I was watching wrestling at a friend's house Hulk Hogan got attacked by Andre The Giant and Andre had Hulk in some kind of head vise. Granted I was still a kid both times. As for as an adult I just don't really get irrationally upset about wrestling anymore. Sure I get disappointed when a storyline or gimmick doesn't play out the way I hoped it would but other than wrestling just doesn't seem to effect me that much anymore. Figuring out wrestling is scripted actually made it much more enjoyable for me.

You wouldn't want to see me as upset as I'd get when I was a kid. I'm a powerlifter who is built like an NFL nose tackle and has a mean streak a mile wide when I'm really upset. When I'm upset I also yell and when I yell it sounds like a cross between a lion and a marine corps drill sargent.

When a ref does a count that looks like a 3 count but is a 2 count. I don't mean because of a close kick out either. I cant explain on here but I know what I mean. It just looks like they bodged the count.

When a ref does a count that looks like a 3 count but is a 2 count. I don't mean because of a close kick out either. I cant explain on here but I know what I mean. It just looks like they bodged the count.

There's also when a ref clearly counts two but signals for the bell to be rung and everyone just pretends that he counted three.

That time the Shield Triple threat finally happened and creative thought it needed more McMahons.

Like, I'm glad they weren't involved in the decision, but seriously, I was distracted by their presence.

Montreal. Just Montreal. At the time i was watching Nitro more than Raw on Monday's, and although it didn't actually affect me whatsoever (as a teenage English boy), I was so pissed off for bret Hart. Then wcw did nothing with it and we all know the rest of the Hart tragedies.

Reckon that's why wm in 2010 was so satisfying, though ofc technically crap.

@DirtyD79

"You wouldn't want to see me as upset as I'd get when I was a kid. I'm a powerlifter who is built like an NFL nose tackle and has a mean streak a mile wide when I'm really upset. When I'm upset I also yell and when I yell it sounds like a cross between a lion and a marine corps drill sargent."

Who are you trying to intimidate mate, a load of internet wrestling fans?? I gusrantee you I've got a better guttural heavy metal scream than you, been on stage with big names that i won't drop here because I'm not a twat.

It's nothing to be proud of to go from upset to angry so easily. Control yourself man!!

After finding out that there was gonna be a brand split, but not because of the brand split.

Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow were upset for the same reasons as me.

THAT THEY WERE UNEMPLOYED ONE MONTH BEFORE A DRAFT, THAT COULD SEE THEM REALLY ELEVATE THEIR CAREERS.

The first one on my list almost inspired me to legitimately quit wrestling forever. The others, I feel are travesties that forever stain the history of wrestling. And one was just a big facepalm.

-CM Punk quitting, neither Punk nor Bryan winning the Rumble, Bryan initially being left off Wrestlemania, that whole bullshit situation.

-A huge botch by Rosie and Jamal where Booker T hit his finisher on one of them, and the other missed the spot where he was supposed to save the match. The ref stopped counting after two for no reason, and the audience erupted with boos.

-Every time Blandy Boreton or John Cenaptime won a world title after their first win.

-Lesnar ending the streak.

-ECW champion Jack Swagger not even being in a match at Wrestlemania.

-Bret Hart losing the WWF title to Yokozuna, then Hogan wandering out there for absolutely no reason and being given a title match, then winning.

-Undertaker shoving JR's face into Mr. Mcmahon's ass.

-Triple Heche being World Champion for three straight years and burying every single WCW star into oblivion, especially Booker T.

-Triple Heche humping a corpse on live international television.

When that Jon Stewart guy interfered in the Cena Rollins match at SummerSlam last year. I really wanted Cena to win the belt for the 16th time and it was such a good match as well.

Also when The Club interfered in the Cena Styles match this year. Wanted it to be clean. As a kid, I always thought if these 2 ever went at it, they'd be good guys and the finish would be clean.

Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio in a ladder match....winner wins custody of Reys son.....I mean......REALLY!?

WCW Tag Team Champion Judy Bagwell.....in fact ALL the Judy Bagwell segments made.my head hurt!

The Miz as a world champion. I literally stopped watching for alot of his reign. And I was a fan of Miz/Morrison. But....world champ!? To quote Steve Austin.....WHAT!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back