• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA June - Ain't That 'Bout a Fitch

So, last night at 11:00, I bit the bullet and got a UFC Fight Club Membership to ensure presale access to tickets for the Boston card as the presale was this morning. I bought in also because Fight Club members also get to go to the Q&A and get front row seats for the weigh-ins, and rumor has it even backstage access after the weigh-ins.

Much to my horror on Twitter this morning, I see that this thing about Boston not letting foreign-born fighters without an SSN has the risk of torpedoing the card. I email my source who may or may not be fighting in the main event asking him if the rumor was BS, he tells me it was, but he thought the presale would be pushed back. Presale went on as scheduled, I told him I bought the tickets, and it seemed he was legitimately surprised.

fz9oVBh.png

Here are my seats... I think I'm right where the fighters come out. BEYOND psyched.

TzKKF1A.png

Sergio Pettis is an animal. KOed his opponent easily last night yet again and it seems he has all the potential in the world. Dana needs to take notice.

Still on your anti-Anderson kick, Guy? When Anderson embarrasses Weidman on July 6th, will you concede to his greatness much like your boy Chael has?

Still on your anti-Anderson kick, Guy? When Anderson embarrasses Weidman on July 6th, will you concede to his greatness much like your boy Chael has?

Nah, after Anderson beats Weidman, Rashad will announce he's moving to 185 and then Guy will pick him to beat Anderson next. :icon_lol:

Anyways, Nick Diaz's new promotion debuts tonight on their website. I think it's a pretty cool concept where instead of paying a certain price to watch it, you choose a donation you want to give. Technically you don't have to pay for anything, but the biggest bidder wins a signed pair of gloves from the Diaz Brothers. Pretty smart, IMO. I'm going to bid a measly $5 or $10 just to help the show out. I hope it goes well.

Sergio Pettis is an animal. KOed his opponent easily last night yet again and it seems he has all the potential in the world. Dana needs to take notice.

At the same time he's still only 19. Why rush him into the UFC? It's not like WSOF or Bellator has a Flyweight Division where they can poach him.

Just because I don't like him at all as a person, it doesn't mean that I don't recognize that he's the best fighter in the world and truly do enjoy watching him fight.

That being said, Weidman is going to win.

Given the way Silva has dominated 185, it's very difficult to suggest that he will lose to anyone. Ultimately that day will come, but I'm hoping for another spectacular knockout. Seems Dana should hurry up with one of those 'Mega Fights' between Anderson/GSP, before one of them slips up and it loses it steam like the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight in boxing did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back