Mini-Tournament: All Time Survivor Series Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
I have compiled 32 teams from Survivor Series' dating all the way back to 1987 and all the way up to 2006, and in the next few weeks, these teams will battle it out for overall supremacy as the greatest Survivor Series Team of all time.

Here is the criteria for the 32 teams I selected:

1.) I picked only teams that were VICTORIOUS in their match at their event. Obviously, 2001's "Team Alliance" would shalack 1996's team of Farroq, Vader, and the fake Diesel and Ramon, but since the latter won their match, they got in, whereas Austin's WCW/ECW team did not.

2.) I did not pick the cheap "two tag teams vs two tag teams" foursomes. I was after the true superpower Survivor Series Teams, not the Nasty Boys and the Beverley Brothers joining forces against the Bushwhackers and High Energy, or any crap like that.

3.) No women. Sorry to the 5 or 6 of you on the boards who demande equal rights. No chick teams.

4.) 4 or 5, didn't matter. I didn't discriminate for or against a team whether they were a 4-member team or a 5-member team. I did, however, disqualify the 3-man team of 1991.

5) I didn't count the final "test of survival" team of Hogan, Warrior, and Santana from 1990.

All 32 teams have been randomly assigned a number, and I will draw a number out of a hat to see which teams face off. It will be totally at random. At that time, I will post the poll. Single elimination, may the best team win.

You may use WHATEVER criteria you want to determine your vote. You can do it as a "who would win if these guys fought at this point in their respective careers?" or by "which team was a better 'team'." I don't care. All I ask is that you weight a 4-man team the same as a 5-man team.

I hope everyone finds this fun around this time of year!

REMEMBER - NO SPAMMING!!!

I forgot about this, but I was looking forward to it when you suggested it several months ago. It doesn't change things though, too many tournaments in my eyes. But at least I'm intrested in this one.

I'm not a huge tag wrestling fan, but I am of Survivor Series matches, which is strange I guess. So I might even participate in this until the very end.

Just a question - Big Show defeated The Big Boss Man, Prince Albert, Mideon, and Viscera at the 1999 show. Is it a handicap match, or are you going to add The Blue Meanie & Kaientai, or is this match missing?

Also I think it's a shame that the teams made up of two teams aren't involved. It'll make it different in later rounds. I can understand not adding the 2nd Annual tag match, but I don't really see the need to eliminate the others. Unless it was soley done to make the required 32 teams.

Just a question - Big Show defeated The Big Boss Man, Prince Albert, Mideon, and Viscera at the 1999 show. Is it a handicap match, or are you going to add The Blue Meanie & Kaientai, or is this match missing?

Also I think it's a shame that the teams made up of two teams aren't involved. It'll make it different in later rounds. I can understand not adding the 2nd Annual tag match, but I don't really see the need to eliminate the others. Unless it was soley done to make the required 32 teams.

Your latter point is accurate. I cut them to keep to 32 teams. I figured people would rather discuss the dynamic of the SS Teams with the main eventer, the tag team, and the mid carder thrown together as opposed to the 2-tag-team matches. Also, I cut Big Show because that match was ridiculous. I cut about 9 match winners to get to 32.

And yes, too many tournaments. But doing this one in February would be odd.

Your latter point is accurate. I cut them to keep to 32 teams. I figured people would rather discuss the dynamic of the SS Teams with the main eventer, the tag team, and the mid carder thrown together as opposed to the 2-tag-team matches.

That's cool. Especially with the tag tournament still going on. Although that thing could have used some High Energy.

Also, I cut Big Show because that match was ridiculous.

Well I hope you do this tournament again next year, with 64 teams possibly. It would add a different element to the whole thing.

I cut about 9 match winners to get to 32.

You're going to make a thread about the ones you've cut and why? Great news, I'll look forward to it. I'm suggesting you do one on the losing teams as well.

And yes, too many tournaments. But doing this one in February would be odd.

There are some odd people on this forum. I don't think it would register with most of them.

Another top notch tournament. I don't care how many are going on and how frequent we have them. It keeps me entertained. I like this one because it really makes you think of how you should vote for the outcome. I shall be intrigued the whole way through this one and plan to be vocal in all of the outcomes.

I just wanted to thank Irishcanadian for coming up with a fantastic, well-run, and fun tournament to participate in. I'm just sorry I missed out on the first 2 rounds, but I'm glad to start off in the third round.

Just wanted to give kudos to a fine job. :thumbsup:

I too would like to thank the Irishman for this tournament. It's just a shame that it's happened at a time when the forum is kinda slow & people would rather kill children than post in another tournament. Naturally I think this should have happened in June. It's a tournament befitting of conversation, with a short tournament break this would have been a hit. If only Chris Cash advertised the forum on occasion.

I hold out hope that the next wrestling tournament is a Deuces Wild Tag Tournament. The Survivor Series matches have proved that that concept has legs.

Sorry to make this the third straight of the same thing, but thanks IC for doing this. SS matches are my all time favorite gimmick matches, just ahead of War Games, and this tournament is nothing short of a great idea. It's gotten some debate going in the old school section which is always good and has just been fun. Well done, as always.

Thanks everyone, for your support. The tourney was fun for me, because like KB, I LOVE the Survivor Series matches, and this has been a great chance for me to relive every single one of them. Yes, Jake is spot on, too many tournies at once. But I am very proud to know that the staff now has learned this and has a better idea of how to control the madness.

Just wanna join in the fun and say good job IC25 for this tournament, cant say as I am interested in most of the tournaments going on here but I do love a Survivor match and having all these different teams from different era's has certainly got some debates going, like who would win between Rick Rude and Chris Jericho.

So yeah, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back