Team WWF vs Team Orton

• Team WWF (2001)

• Team Orton (2004)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a first round match-up in the all time survivor series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Team WWF

Team WWF is from the 2001 Survivor Series, and consisted of The Rock, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, Kane, and the Big Show. They defeated "Team Alliance," consisting of Steve Austin, Shane McMahon, Kurt Angle, Booker T, and Rob van Dam. The Rock was the sole survivor. This victory gave Vince McMahon control of WCW and ECW's alliance.

Team Orton

Team Orton is from the 2004 Survivor Series, and consisted of Randy Orton, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, and Maven. They defeated "Team Triple H" consisting of HHH, Edge, Batista, and Snitsky. Randy Orton was the sole survivor. The match gave each member of Team Orton control over Monday Night Raw for one night each over the 4 weeks following the PPV.

While Team Orton might have been victorious, they may have run into the biggest buzz saw in this entire tournament. Look at that lineup. When a former World Champion is your weak link, you know you're solid. Not to mention, who on that team is Maven a threat to? Rock and Orton is a dream match come true, Jericho cancels himself out, and that leaves Benoit against 21 ft and over 1200 pouinds of monster. I think I know who I'm voting for.

Team WWF, blah. Team WWF only won that match because of the mole being in team Alliance. Without McMahon planting the mole, and planting the seeds of doubt inside of Team WCW/ECW, then Team WWF could have lost that match. Plus, Team Alliance had Shane McMahon on the team, already giving Team WWF a big advantage. Minus the fact that this is a Team effort, and Team WWF was Team in name only. Jericho and the Rock at the time didn't get a long, and in fact, Jericho laid the Rock out at the end of the match. Plus the Undertaker quickly turned sides the next night too.

Team Orton, while young, was still a better team. Sure Maven was a giant question mark, but they worked very well together. They were a legit team. Team WWF shouldn't win.

Allow me to disagree oh admin with the sweet name. We can even factor out a man on WWF's team to make it four on four. Take out any you want. Even take out Rock or Taker. While WWF did indeed have a mole, the strength of their team still came in the form of their balance of power and size. Jericho brings speed to their side, and the overall power is just too much for Orton to handle. Orton, Benoit and Jericho are a great three man squad, but the other side is just too much. All it takes is a chokeslam from any of the big men to take them out, one by one. It would be close, but WWF is a dream team.

Team WWF had Kane and the Undertaker, and The Rock. All three of those guys were in a match with Chris Benoit a year earlier at Unforgiven, and Chris Benoit managed to walk away with the victory that night before it was reversed. Chris Benoit is perfectly capable of holding his own against any of the guys in that match on team wwf. Chris Jericho on Team WWF was the achilles' heel. Sure he was talented, but his hatred towards the Rock at that time was tangable. Jericho would cost Team WWF more then he would help it.

You're correct about Jericho and the Rock. I'd totally forgotten that aspect of the match. However, I do see a flaw in your Benoit argument. He was able to win a one fall match with them. This is elimination. He's likely the best that his team has to offer, but he can't beat all three of them in a row. No one could. And Orton's team has it's own weak link: Maven. There is nothing at all that he brings to the table here. He was young and had very limited expecience at the time. As stacked as Orton's three are, Maven weighs them down enough to hand them the loss for me.

I look down that and I see Maven and think 'nope, that's the killer'. I look at the arguments above and see Jericho is a weakness to the other team, yet he's in Team Orton as well. Said weak links would be taken apart by Undertaker Show Rock and Kane. Benoit and Orton are very very good and one-on-one could beat them. But the fact is there are weaker players on Team Orton for me.

Well, Jericho cancels himself out, leaving Rock, Taker, Big Show and Kane vs. Orton, Benoit and Maven. Again that's a 4-3 advantage, with the four-man team being ROCK, TAKER, KANE, AND BIG SHOW. Maven would be squashed the second he stepped in the ring, leaving Orton and Benoit. Working together, they could possibly eliminate one or two opponents, most likely Big Show and/or Kane, but the amount of effort it would take to do so would leave them defenseless, and easy pickens for The Rock and Taker.

Probably the toughest one in the first round so far. Maven is a weak link. Jericho cancels himself out. That leaves The Rock, Taker, Kane, and Big Show against Orton and Benoit. While it looks like an upset. It really isnt. Factor in how Randy Orton always brings his game in the Survivor Series matches, and Chris Benoit being a very intense competitor. They could take down a fat Taker, a fatter Big Show, a lame Kane, and even The Rock. It's weird on my thinking in this one, but that's just the way I see it.

Team Orton FTW.

Jericho cancels out Jericho.

Leave out the Rock for a minute. That makes it 3 vs 3.

Orton, Maven, and Benoit VS Taker, Kane, and Big Show. Orton could go over Kane or Big Show, and give Taker a good run. Benoit could possibly go over someone, but then gets squashed by another big guy. Maven is DOA.

Now, take it one step further and add the Rock. An uphill battle for Orton and Benoit now becomes effectively a 4 VS 2 matchup, where I can only see Benoit effectively canceling out one guy.

I don't see Orton beating the Rock and Taker in the same matchup. It took interferance for him to beat Taker back in '05. And the Rock would go over Orton as well. With Jericho as a non-factor, I don't see Team Orton having too much of a chance. WWF wins this.

I guess with Jericho being on both teams he's eliminated himself from the topic. And you can get rid of Maven straight away, so now it's just Orton & Benoit vs. Undertaker, Kane, The Rock & Big Show.

Naturally I'm still undecided of who I should vote for.

There used to be a game on this forum called Numbers. It was relating to two wrestlers. And you had to post a feud, for example Undertaker vs. Orton, and then state who had who's number. I think it was either who had the most wins, or who beat a certain wrestler each and every time. So if I use Undertaker & Orton as an example, Undertaker wins. After all, Randy could only beat Undertaker with the help of his father. So that's him gone.

So really it's Benoit vs. everybody else. Yeah, I'm going for Team WWF.

How anyone can pick team Orton over team WWF is almost a complete joke. Not that team Orton isn't a good team, but looking at this one paper, it very much favours team WWE. Every member is former world champion, Taker and Rock are about two of the biggest names ever in the 90's for the WWE, Jericho and Show are both multiple world champions and Kane, their weakest member, is also a world champion. Maven is nobody, he'll be gone in a second, Jericho cancels himself out, although if I were to compare the Jericho's at the time, I'd say Jericho from team WWF would beat Jericho from team Orton. so that leaves Rock, Taker, Big Show, and Kane, vs Orton and Benoit. Orton is a master at Survivor Series matches and may be the only individual who could overcome those odds, but I gotta pick team WWF in that matchup.

Orton is a master at Survivor Series matches and may be the only individual who could overcome those odds, but I gotta pick team WWF in that matchup.

I agree that Orton is a master in the matchup, but I'll continue where you left off.

2003- Orton was sole survivor after Batista interference and a 3 on 1 against Shawn Michaels. Without Batista, he was only winning because of Bishoff interference.

2004- Orton wins clean to go with his push at the time.

2005- Orton wins after JBL interferes in the match after being eliminated. A distracted HBK is hit with an RKO. Without the distraction, HBK was in position to win.

2006- Orton gets eliminated by Team DX.

So, out of 4 matches at Survivor Series, Orton has 3 wins and 1 loss. Only one win is clean, the other two were situations out of Orton's control. He didn't cheat to win, someone else did for him.

Granted, his one clean win was a good one, but it is the one loss I'd be looking at here. He was the lone guy left against the entire Team DX. Before that, he was with Edge, who got eliminated. Edge and Benoit could potentially switch roles and we have a similar situation here. Orton, alone, against an entire team. The one time this happened to him in the past, he lost, so WWF takes this.

Now, for those of you who bring up the unclean situation, and Orton would cheat to win, I offer you this: Who helps him? This is from the time period where Orton was clean, and from another period where team WWF had a 'MUST' win situation. If one guy came to help Orton, I'd think a locker room full of guys would help team WWF. This is all just hypothetical, but I don't see how Orton has a chance in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back