Team Andre '88 vs Team WWF '01

• Team Andre '88

• Team WWF '01

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
This is a semi-final match-up in the all time Survivor Series team tournament. These two teams have been selected at random to face each other. Polls will be open for 3 days.

Team Andre '88

Team Andre is from the 1988 Survivor Series, and consisted of Andre the Giant, Rick Rude, Dino Bravo, Mr. Perfect, and Harley Race. They whalloped a tough King's Court Team by a 17-2 score.

Team WWF '01

Team WWF '01 is from the 2001 Survivor Series, and consisted of The Rock, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, Kane, and The Big Show. They defeated Team Savage '87 by a 13-5 margin.

Well let's see. I'm going to go out on what I'd call a pretty shaky limb and say that Hennig and Jericho cancel each other out. This leaves Rock, Kane, Show and Taker against Andre, Bravo, Race and Rude. Bravo is easily the weakest link and his power is negated by all three big men. He might get a decent shot or two in but a Rock Bottom and he's gone without much of a fight. Race is an interesting case here. He has more experience than anyone else in this match and while he was past his prime, Race at even a lesser level is better than almost anyone ever. He wears the Rock down, but not enough to beat him. Rock takes him out, but is literally squashed by Andre. Then we have the big three against Andre and Rude. Rude and Kane is a very intriguing match to me, and I think that somehow Rude takes him out. Taker chokeslams him to hell and knocks him out though, and you have Show and Taker against a relatively fresh Andre. Show was pretty worthless here and Andre takes him out with pretty much minimal effort.

And once again, it comes down to the two best big men ever. Taker isn't at his best as Big Evil though, and I think Andre takes it in what I would call an upset.

This one is a tough one, I'll just go through one on one scenario's to see who comes out on top.

Chris Jericho vs Mr. Perfect would be a good watch but I can see Jericho coming out on top here, as good as Perfect is I just gotta give the edge to a former World Champion.
The Rock could take anyone on team Andre and would give The Giant himself a good go, so lets say The Rock eliminates Rick Rude here. Dino Bravo would go down to either Kane or The Big Show but Harley Race on the other hand could surprise Big Show, Race would then be eliminated by one of the four remainding competitors.

Then you got Andre vs Rock, Kane, Undertaker and Jericho even with Jericho's hatred of The Rock it wouldnt be enough to upset and have Andre beat 4 people, the combined efforts of B.O.D and Rock take Andre once again. Well thats how I could see it happening.

Realistically you'd have to think that Team WWF will win the whole tournament. The old school support on this forum is minimal. Andre the Giant & Mr. Perfect are probably the only two that newer fans will have really heard of. Dino Bravo & Rick Rude are hardly mentioned, and Randy Orton spat in the face o' Race a good five years ago.

They're up against 4 wrestlers who are still currently on the roster, and The Rock. I don't see how any team is going to beat them.

So yeah, I'm voting Team Andre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back