• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mickie James set to sign with TNA?

According to a dirt sheet report, former multiple-time WWE Women’s Champion Mickie James is expected to sign a contract with TNA today — if she hasn’t already.

Those close to the situation have indicated that James would finalize her contract today, but additional details are not available at press time.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure how this can be anything but good. It will be nice to see a real talent who has never been involved with the BP. I'm not sure where she will fit in with the title picture but I'd be happy to see her work her way on her way to winning the belt.

I'd imagine her debut is almost similar to the way Tara's was — instant contender for the TNA Knockouts Championship right off the bat, vaulted into a primary story in the division.

While granted I don't care much for womens wrestling in general, I've enjoyed what I've seen of Mickie James, and she most certainly brings value.

I think that this is a really good signing for TNA. Mickie is one of the best female wrestlers in the world. Mickie can also help to rebuild the Knockouts Division because she is a very recognizable face. Mickie is pretty good in the ring and she has good mic skills. The question now is will she Debut on the Live Impact or at BFG. Good signing by TNA and I'm really looking forward to seeing Mickie James in TNA.

This is a great signing for TNA. Mickie James should had some much needed credibility to the Knockout roster. The roster has been pretty bleak lately with just The Beautiful People and Tara feuding each other. It will be refreshing to see Mickie feud with Tara and other Knockouts there. With Mickie putting out an album and traveling over the states, she can add some publicity to TNA. We may see her as early as the live October 7th Impact or even at Bound For Glory. This is a really good signing for TNA.

meh....the only way I think I would care is if they have an angle between her and taylor wilde about how wilde had to beat kong to get a contract and it's bullshit how mickie doesnt have to prove herself to get a contract....maybe it'd be interesting if kong came back somewhere during the fued. just an idea i'm tossing around in my head

I'm going to play devil's advocate because.................well, because I can. I love Mickie James. She's beautiful, talented, and I hated that she left WWE. However, there was a reason she was fired. You don't just get rid of your most over female in the company on a whim.

There were a lot of reports that denounced Mickie's behavior behind the scenes. She was apparently juvenile and a bad influence. If you remember, she was constantly partying, showing up late, not being a good employee in general. With a more relaxed schedule in a place that expects less from their employees, is it possible that Mickie comes in and actually becomes a bad influence on the already fading Knockout's division?

It's kind of like bringing in Terrell Owens to your football team. You know he's talented, albeit a little bit past his prime. However, you know he can be a possible distraction and you have to decide whether that distraction is worth it. In TNA's case, they have already showed that they are willing to be the Bengals by taking on Jeff Hardy with a pending legal case, dealing with Samoa Joe's flip outs, and even trying to take Bubba the Love Sponge in. We'll see how this one plays out.

I love Mickie and I hope the time off has straightened her out. If it has and she realizes that she's a veteran, she could be a wonderful influence to the young knockouts, but if nothing has changed, she could end up being a problem, which is not something TNA needs at the moment.

That would certainly be a great signing for TNA as she would give some instant credibility to an otherwise struggling Knockouts division. She has always been a pretty good wrestler who has always had a large fan following. I could see her becoming involved in some significant Knockout storylines pretty soon after her arrival.

But this is hardly surprising to anyone, is it? I have been expecting her to arrive in TNA pretty much ever since she left WWE in the first place. With any no-compete clauses having expired and no other impediments in her way, I fully expected her to wind up in Orlando sooner rather than later. Chances are she'll be one of "them," along with Helms, Burchill, Knox, Haas, Benjamin, Carlito, and any other former WWE talent getting ready to descend into the iMPACT zone somewhere around 10/10/10.

A great signing if it's legitimate, which I expect it is, but hardly a shocking development.

Once again another WWE trash signup. Dont get me wrong I'm a fan and Im glad she's signing somewhere. But TNA booking wont do anything with her WWE hasent done. TNA booking will make her irrelevant just like other former WWE signings lately. TNA has a decent knockouts division but its more eye candy based like WWE. Saying this as a ROH fan that it would have been cool to see her sign with ROH and actually wrestle. But good for her taking a nice paycheck. I cant wait to see her album plugged on impact.

Once again another WWE trash signup. Dont get me wrong I'm a fan and Im glad she's signing somewhere. But TNA booking wont do anything with her WWE hasent done. TNA booking will make her irrelevant just like other former WWE signings lately. But good for her taking a nice paycheck. I cant wait to see her album plugged on impact.

lol, cause wwe doesnt do an merchandise plugging, huh? notice the sarcasm. Who really cares where the from I mean, as long as she still gots it then I dont see a problem of where she's at. I think I'm at the point where I think fans in general are more territorial than wrestling companies themselves

There were a lot of reports that denounced Mickie's behavior behind the scenes. She was apparently juvenile and a bad influence. If you remember, she was constantly partying, showing up late, not being a good employee in general. With a more relaxed schedule in a place that expects less from their employees, is it possible that Mickie comes in and actually becomes a bad influence on the already fading Knockout's division?

You may be right, but this is a company that is giving serious thought about bringing back Scott Hall.

I think Mickie would be a great add for any wrestling company. I just hope they wait for the live show to debut her, and actually use her more than once a month.

I just hope they don't screw her up with bad booking! Remember she has been involved in the best divas storyline with Trish a couple of years ago, which led to a match at Mania with almost a year of hype. Hope they don't waste their opportunity with her now

I just hope they don't screw her up with bad booking! Remember she has been involved in the best divas storyline with Trish a couple of years ago, which led to a match at Mania with almost a year of hype. Hope they don't waste their opportunity with her now
Don't worry. TNA never ruins the talent they bring in with bad booking.

I like Mickie and all, but I don't see what she does to improve the product. In terms of combination name exposure and wrestling talent, she's one of the top stars today. But I don't see what having Mickie James can do to make any difference in TNA programming.

I will say this- if she ends up in a BP storyline which centers around how mean the BP are for calling her fat, I may just throw a brick through my TV in frustration.

the funny part about this is, i have watched TNA a handful of times and I am POSITIVE i know how this will play out.

1. Big debut, prolly main event an episode of impact. wont win the title right off but will fued for the belt instantly.
2. Will win the belt at the following PPV.
3. Will hold the belt for a few months, then will be forgotten and lose the belt to someone random who doesn't deserve it.
4. Won't get any more title shots, and will job to put over other people for like 9 months straight.
5. Leave TNA and return to the WWE.

thats how 9/10 of their debuts have gone in the past. i would hope that would handle her case different because she is instantly the biggest named woman wrestler there.

ps. something screams "shes gonna get fat" to me. she got fat working in the WWE, can you imagine all the free time to eat on the TNA schedule? just saying. she needs to keep that under control if she wants a chance to make it.

I like Mickie and all, but I don't see what she does to improve the product. In terms of combination name exposure and wrestling talent, she's one of the top stars today. But I don't see what having Mickie James can do to make any difference in TNA programming.

I will say this- if she ends up in a BP storyline which centers around how mean the BP are for calling her fat, I may just throw a brick through my TV in frustration.

Once again another WWE trash signup. Dont get me wrong I'm a fan and Im glad she's signing somewhere. But TNA booking wont do anything with her WWE hasent done. TNA booking will make her irrelevant just like other former WWE signings lately. TNA has a decent knockouts division but its more eye candy based like WWE. Saying this as a ROH fan that it would have been cool to see her sign with ROH and actually wrestle. But good for her taking a nice paycheck. I cant wait to see her album plugged on impact.

Mickie isn't just another "WWE trash signup". She actually started some of her early career in TNA so this will be a return. And even if this wasn't a return, you got a serious problem with people who start their career in WWE and end up somewhere else, don't you? How many more post are we going to get from you like this? I don't get this territorial thing. No one cares whether a person started in ROH, CZW, or WWE. As long as they come to work and get the job done, that' all that matters. And lol at you talking about a "trash signup" but then saying you wish she was in ROH as if ROH even has a women's division besides from 1 or 2 female valets. I guess it's only okay for Ring Of Honor to sign "trash signups". I mean Jamie Noble, a WWE lowcarder did come into ROH and win the world title within months and WGTT dropped out of the sky and got ROH world tag title shots from nowhere so there you go.

Anyway Mickie is a good pickup. She's a great talent and all this will do is help the KO division.

I'll second that post. The only positive is that Mickie will have another job, time to do her country music thing, and she'll be working and earning a paycheck.

I'm reaching here, but I'd like to see something different with Mickie.

I for one, am excited about the return of Alexis Laree to TNA. Hopefully she'll spice up the Women's division with some feuds with Madison Rayne, Angelina Love, and Tara. The only problem I see is lack of TV time because of all of the "they" and Fortune storyline. I believe they should focus about 30 minutes of the show to the Women's division, 30 to the X division, 30 to the tag, and finish with whatever main event nonsense they are pushing that month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougie View Post
Once again another WWE trash signup.

Mickie isn't just another "WWE trash signup". She actually started some of her early career in TNA so this will be a return. And even if this wasn't a return, you got a serious problem with people who start their career in WWE and end up somewhere else, don't you? How many more post are we going to get from you like this? I don't get this territorial thing. No one cares whether a person started in ROH, CZW, or WWE.

Anyway Mickie is a good pickup. She's a great talent and all this will do is help the KO division.

Ok, so Tougie now ranks below LetEmKnow in credibility.

Mickie James is not a trash signing, she is one of the top two or three women wrestling today. Not every WWE Reject or WWE Retread is a bad idea.

Once more, with feeling:

A Retread used to be a star, but now brings nothing but nostalgia value. Nash, Foley, Flair, Hogan, Sting, Steiner, Booker, Hall.

A Reject had an opportunity on WWE TV, but failed. Matt Morgan, D'Angelo Dinero, Carlito, Haas, Benjamin. Once upon a time Nash, Austin and Foley were WCW Rejects.

Then there are free agents in their (more or less) primes. Angle, Anderson, Jeff Hardy, RVD--and now Mickie James.

Signing Mickie James is a great thing for TNA, it also makes TNA look bad at the same time. Rather than TNA go after other female talent, TNA chooses to sign a former WWE Diva. Mickie is good but there are other female wrestlers TNA should sign to build up its knockout division. TNA should sign Mschif, Mercedes Martinez, Madison Eagles, Daizee Haze, or Sara Del Ray if they truly want to have the best female wrestlers in the world. Mickie James is not the answer TNA needs at this time. TNA is screwing up with the booking or Tara and I feel TNA will drop the ball again with Mickie James.

Watch if Mickie James goes to TNA, all the focus would be on her because not only the fans knows her, but they know she really works hard in the ring and can show us a really good knockout match. The only thing am worried about is the booking of the matches

the funny part about this is, i have watched TNA a handful of times and I am POSITIVE i know how this will play out.

1. Big debut, prolly main event an episode of impact. wont win the title right off but will fued for the belt instantly.
2. Will win the belt at the following PPV.
3. Will hold the belt for a few months, then will be forgotten and lose the belt to someone random who doesn't deserve it.
4. Won't get any more title shots, and will job to put over other people for like 9 months straight.
5. Leave TNA and return to the WWE.

thats how 9/10 of their debuts have gone in the past. i would hope that would handle her case different because she is instantly the biggest named woman wrestler there.

ps. something screams "shes gonna get fat" to me. she got fat working in the WWE, can you imagine all the free time to eat on the TNA schedule? just saying. she needs to keep that under control if she wants a chance to make it.

You know I really wasen't going to say anything but you are just a big Jerk Mickie is not fat, and I'm tired of everyone saying she is. Also she has already made it she is one of the best female wrestlers every so you just need to SHUT UP because nobody wants to hear it.

Anyways I see Mickie going to TNA winning the belt losses it and goes back to the WWE because Vince will finally come to his senses. However Mickie might not go to TNA at all and just come back to the WWE after all of her album tours are done.

I can agree with you Tougie on this in a way. One, signing Mickie James to TNA doesn't surprise the hell out of me. Two, one of TNA's biggest flaws of booking is that they can't contain an unexpected surprise for the fans because we would've expected this long ago. And three, it just further proves that TNA would make anyone a World Champion if they were one in the WWE. It's lazy pushing. And yes, bringing Mickie James to TNA is good because she does have value. But in the end, it won't matter..:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back