Mickie James Released

This is ******ed; she's one of the most talented wrestlers on the roster. She's been really cool to let some of the other girls get a push for a while. Ever notice though when there's a big tag match that it's the most exciting when SHE is in the ring? There is no way in Hell the WWE is going to let her go to TNA. She's awesome, keep her around.

No, because she doesn't get into the ring anymore. She is an extra in a comedy at this point.

And please, beyond a roundhouse and a bad Lou Thesz, please tell me what moves she still uses? A bad looking bulldog? A terrible tornado DDT?

She has outlived her necessity. I'm sorry, but WWE Diva's are eye candy, and she's not a sweet as she used to be.

She's pretty much done everything she needed to while in the WWE. James was great when she came out but with time, we got to see that she was not all that impressive in the ring. I see her going to TNA as a counterbalance to Gail Kim going to WWE.

Mickie James may have a bit of a belly, but I wouldn't say no to that. I'm a bit afraid of her lady curtains though, but that is besides the point. While it would be wholly wrong of me to say that WWE focused on wrestling not eye candy when it came to divas, they do need to have some of her level of ability so matches aren't completely dog shit. Mickie may be no Bret Hart, but she is significantly better than Kelly Kelly, Maria, Maryse etc.

The main reason tha Mickie James is worth keeping is because she is one of 4 divas that generates any form of crowd reaction along with Beth, Gail Kim and Melina. On Raw the other day she got the biggest pop of all the divas by miles and barring Cena's appearance, maybe the biggest of the night. Unless they are big fans of large labia in Connecticut, then Mickie is over for whatever reason, and thus should be kept. If you want to get rid of a diva, get rid of the ones that aren't that fit comparitively, that nobody cares about and that are a liability in the ring, in the press and on commentary. Her name is Candice Michelle.

Arguing with fromthesouth is like arguing with a politician or a pathological liar, you can have all the evidence in front of you, and yet he'd still deny it.

Who would you argue is better in ring then Mickie James? Gail Kim, Melina, Beth Phoenix sure... but can you honestly argue that any of the other Divas are better or equal in the ring? Sure there's Natalya Neidhart but she's booked as Tyson Kid's manager more than a wrestler at the moment... and she's hardly competing on RAW every week.

Arguing with fromthesouth is like arguing with a politician or a pathological liar, you can have all the evidence in front of you, and yet he'd still deny it.

Yeah, I noticed that. Some people live by the theory, "why let logic stand in the way of a good rant?" :laugh:

Dude you scared the crap out of me I thought they actually let her go.

As far as Mickie James goes. IMO I don't think WWE is that stupid. She is still very over with the crowd and they would be crazy to let her go. She is getting up there in age though I think shes like 32 or 33 so she might not be around too much longer but I don't see her going anywhere anytime in the near future

Who would you argue is better in ring then Mickie James? Gail Kim, Melina, Beth Phoenix sure... but can you honestly argue that any of the other Divas are better or equal in the ring? Sure there's Natalya Neidhart but she's booked as Tyson Kid's manager more than a wrestler at the moment... and she's hardly competing on RAW every week.

And arguing with Ushiku is like screaming into a mirror, there's really nothing there. Calling me a pathological liar...

If she was as good as you said she is, she wouldn't be unused in two consecutive matches on Raw. How's that for evidence? Two matches on Raw in a row, where her main function was to stand there.

I think Maryse and McCool are better in the ring too. Mickie has two moves. McCool and Maryse use ring psychology by beating on their opponent in a way that set up their finisher. Mickie jumps around like an epileptic standing on a power line.

Jillian Hall has more wrestling ability. Let's see Mickie try a 450 splash.

I don't think she's the worst wrestler in the women's division, there's always Layla, but at least Layla is nice to look at.

Plus, there's room for the Playboy girls on TV, because that's art, but the PG rating dictates that Mickie needs to be either minimized or gone, because kids are going to be looking her up on line. Well, they would if they cared who she was, but there isn't even high pitched screaming for her like there used to be. She's just outworn her necessity in the WWE.

That is how it might go if WWE do in fact give Mickie the boot. I wouldn't be surprised. She's not been a prominent member of the roster for a while now. I know she held the Women's title last year, but it was a nothing reign.

She's actually starting to get too fat now, I'd get rid.

Are you actually kidding me - she's getting to fat - you ass clown.
Mickie James is the only Diva in the wwe in the last 3/4 years that has any talent, did you not hear the reaction she got this past week on RAW, if wwe release Mickie James then they dont have a frigging clue about wrestling.

If she was as good as you said she is, she wouldn't be unused in two consecutive matches on Raw. How's that for evidence? Two matches on Raw in a row, where her main function was to stand there.

:icon_rolleyes: Because of morons like you, she's being side-lined for talentless "models" like McCool and Maryse.

I think Maryse and McCool are better in the ring too. Mickie has two moves. McCool and Maryse use ring psychology by beating on their opponent in a way that set up their finisher.

Maryse and McCool don't have a clue about ring psychology and obviously you don't either.

Mickie jumps around like an epileptic standing on a power line.

Last time I checked, that was part of her gimmick

Jillian Hall has more wrestling ability. Let's see Mickie try a 450 splash.

Being able to do one flashy move from the top-rope doesn't make you a better wrestler. Mickie James has used a number of top-ropes moves in the past, the difference she can also wrestle on the mat.

I don't think she's the worst wrestler in the women's division here's always Layla, but at least Layla is nice to look at.

Wrong on both counts, Mickie is one of the few women on the roster who can actually wrestle well. The majority, like Michelle McCool and Alica Fox have zero wrestling talent. I don't judge purely on looks, but Mickie James is a lot better looking than the likes of Layla.

Plus, there's room for the Playboy girls on TV, because that's art

Like ring psychology, art is clearly something you know nothing about.

but the PG rating dictates that Mickie needs to be either minimized or gone, because kids are going to be looking her up on line

Does that mean other divas like Maria who have posed for Playboy and other publications will have to go?

Well, they would if they cared who she was, but there isn't even high pitched screaming for her like there used to be. She's just outworn her necessity in the WWE.

She still gets a good reaction from the fans and since she can actually wrestle well, I'd say that the WWE still needs her and firing her at this point would be a mistake.

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe, just maybe, they changed the intro on Raw to further support some of the talent exchanges that occurred in the draft? I would expect the intros of all shows to be tweaked and changed to show the more casual viewers who's on what show. Mickie James was on Raw and still is, whereas Maryse has changed shows, perfectly logical to make this change.

Not to mention that Maryse is 200% hotter than Mickie. I think Maryse is the hottest diva in WWE at the moment. The suggestion by someone that's she's 10-15lbs underweight is preposterous, she's perfectly toned and in great physical shape. While she's not a ring technician, none of them are, and it doesn't matter and never has. She has a great heel persona, with the attitude, the cockiness, the fact that not only is she Canadian, but FRENCH Canadian. She's as good in the ring as most of the divas and is steadily improving.

Personally I don't find Mickie that attractive but that's just my opinion, I'd prefer Maryse by a mile. I wouldn't call her fat but like Jake said, she is fat BY WWE STANDARDS when everyone else is much thinner. Much like Cherry when she was there, not fat, but heavy by WWE standards which lead to her release. I don't see Mickie getting released anytime soon, they're just pushing the other divas more at the moment, especially the ones that changed shows.

Okay... so the fact that she's not been used in a single's feud in awhile is a reason to get rid of her?

How about the WWE women's champion, here's this week's Power 25 including some big names who haven't been used:

12 UNDERTAKER

The Deadman appeared on a roll in recent weeks, but following a vicious knockout punch from Big Show last Friday, The Phenom was nowhere to be seen this week - in or out of the ring.

19 MELINA

The Women's Champion successfully defended her title last week on Raw, but in her first official night on SmackDown, Melina was nowhere to be seen, making us drop her two spots.

22 SHAWN MICHAELS

Ever since the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania, The Showstopper seems to have had his show stopped as he has been M.I.A. If he doesn't do something next week, he could very well be off the P25.

According to your logic if you're not on tv for two consecutive weeks you're release worthy. I'm sorry but I don't see Melina, HBK, Undertaker, or Triple H being released any time soon.

You can't honestly argued that Jillian Hall is better in the ring, have you noticed back when they had the Brooke Hogan parody she would get squashed and attacked by the faces before she could finish her song... and that unlike MVP's losing streak push, it didn't result in an eventual big victory.

Mickie James can mat wrestle, go to the top rope if needed, and was hot enough before the PG route, and it could be argued that the fact she has a more girly appearance than skimpy bikinis as her ring attire makes her more in line with the current direction of WWE.

Would you also get rid of Natalya for not wrestling much recently and being Tyson Kidd's manager?

P.S. fromthesouth, I never called you a pathological liar, I compared you to one, learn how to read. But how can I expect somebody who thinks Mickie James is fat to be one with logic :p

The girl has gotten big since she started,,but why get rid of her, she is better than Mc cool. But I'd rather see a thick girl with personality like ODB.

:icon_rolleyes: Because of morons like you, she's being side-lined for talentless "models" like McCool and Maryse.

I thought it was because of morons like you that can't get rid of the past that she still had a job.

Maryse and McCool don't have a clue about ring psychology and obviously you don't either.

Let's see here, McCool works on the leg throughout the match so she can hit a leg submission. Maryse focues on head and back moves so her DDT is more effective. This is ring psychology. Maybe you're the one who didn't know what psychology is. But you just have a hard on for a botch machine because she showed her va jay jay in a magazine and I bet you think it was just for you.

Then it's a shitty gimmick and yet another reason to be off TV.

Being able to do one flashy move from the top-rope doesn't make you a better wrestler. Mickie James has used a number of top-ropes moves in the past, the difference she can also wrestle on the mat.

Her top rope Lou Thesz always misses the mark. Her old bulldog looked terrible.

Wrong on both counts, Mickie is one of the few women on the roster who can actually wrestle well. The majority, like Michelle McCool and Alica Fox have zero wrestling talent. I don't judge purely on looks, but Mickie James is a lot better looking than the likes of Layla.

I think Mickie being hotter than Layla is up for debate. But hey, facts and your opinins, same thing anywhay...Right? The women on the roster are for looking at. They don't draw money, so unless they look good, they have no place in WWE. I appreciate that you like women's wrestling, I just think like the WWE.....people have to go to the bathroom at some point, so instead of having an intermission, let's put some girls in the ring. The women's division was killed when Alundra Blaze dropped the title in a trashcan. Since then, it has been style over substance, and I don't think Mickie adds anything to it.

And you do? You don't even know what ring psychology is. But I think it's funny how much of internet tough guy you try to be, and then criticize art. The courts have proclaimed time and again that Playboy is not indecent, hence it's placement in public libraries. But hey, you know better than the courts, so let's go with your dumbass answer.

Does that mean other divas like Maria who have posed for Playboy and other publications will have to go?

Once again, Maria posing nude isn't harmful to children. Mickie showing everyone that her vagina looks like a blown out tire is indecent.

She still gets a good reaction from the fans and since she can actually wrestle well, I'd say that the WWE still needs her and firing her at this point would be a mistake.

I feel that keeping her on the roster is fine, but her fans that think she is still a top tier diva are deluded. The WWE has decided to go with younger, better looking Divas. The fact that Tiffany gets a GM role, Kelly Kelly gets to wrestle, Maryse gets a title, and the Bellas time in the spot light shows the direction the WWE has chosen to take, and there isn't room for Mickie "meat curtains" James in that move. There is no way to tell who is right, because Mickie wasn't responsible for PPV buys or gates drawn, but she is not a vital part of the roster, and releasing her will increase profits in that her slaray won't be a drag on the company anymore.

What ring psychology has Mickie James ever displayed. McCool and Maryse have better ring psychology than James. Watch some of their matches before making statements like that. Mickie James is like the female Randy Orton: Good enough to have numerous title reigns, but not great enough to have any memorable matches except her and Trish at WM 22. I don't think the women's division is going to improve if she's constantly on it because they're not looking to improve it especially on RAW anytime soon.

Watching Raw tonight, I saw that our favorite little forum topic was having herself a match with Maryse. I wasn't looking at the TV when I heard her music but it immediately reminded me of this thread. And the relatively decent pop she got.

She came out and was jumping all over the place like she used to. Which reminded me that earlier in the thread someone mentioned that she had lost her flare and energy because they believed she was getting "old and she knew her time was over". She kind of shot that one to hell. With all due respect to whomever had said it.

But then the general fact that she was having a match made me think about how we'd all discussed that she'd been out of the ring for a while. So, it made me happy to see her back.

Granted, her moveset is still a bit limited but what diva's isn't?

What made me the happiest was the fact that she seemed to have lost a little bit of this "spare tire" we'd be mentioning so often. I mean, true, I didn't get an up close and personal view but she definitely looked more toned than the last time I actually remember seeing her on Raw. Therefore, that seems to have just cut out the grounds for that part of the argument, so now everyone can keep their sights on the original topic at hand.

Nevertheless, I was happy to see her back because it gave me new information to post about in this thread.

She got a win against the Divas champion... not bad for a "girl with a spare tyre" eh fromthesouth?

Granted she's not the thinnest of Divas but she's the most natural looking. She's not fat, but she has enough meat to make her doable and not that little its as boney as the left overs from a genuine fat person's KFC bucket.

I'm glad she was used well tonight, its rare to see a decent Divas match on RAW these days.

You killed your argument with this statement, both Maryse and McCool are quite proficient in utilizing ring psychology, Maryse more so than McCool. In fact, Maryse is probably the best female on the roster at doing it. A good majority of the time Maryse will use the ring as a weapon in her matches, she'll use the ring posts, the steps, the apron, the security barriers... anything to gain an advantage in her matches. She'll lure an opponent to the outside and then jump them, proceeding to do whatever she want to with them.

Perhaps you're talking about match psychology, which is something that a majority of the Divas struggle with in their matches.

She got a win against the Divas champion... not bad for a "girl with a spare tyre" eh fromthesouth?

Granted she's not the thinnest of Divas but she's the most natural looking. She's not fat, but she has enough meat to make her doable and not that little its as boney as the left overs from a genuine fat person's KFC bucket.

I'm glad she was used well tonight, its rare to see a decent Divas match on RAW these days.

And let me tell you, someone almost clapped when she won it.

I think you know as well as I do that wins don't matter. Maryse has to feud with someone, and the good diva is in use in a comedy angle.

No, because she doesn't get into the ring anymore. She is an extra in a comedy at this point.

And please, beyond a roundhouse and a bad Lou Thesz, please tell me what moves she still uses? A bad looking bulldog? A terrible tornado DDT?

She has outlived her necessity. I'm sorry, but WWE Diva's are eye candy, and she's not a sweet as she used to be.

You're looking at individual moves, you're not looking at her as a wrestler as a whole. I could name off a bunch of moves she does, but that's not the point. You can have a ton of moves but if they're sloppy, what's the point?

What Mickey does is she's very solid with her movements and she's believable and she's got a great rhythm in the ring. She doesn't make spots look bad. Like last night when Kelly Kelly pulled down the middle rope and then Jillian getting her cue ran towards the ropes and dove through the ropes. That looked TERRIBLE.

How often do we see that garbage from Mickey? Never. She's always in the right place at the right time and she gets the crowd moving which is important.

The other girls are good too; but she keeps a good pace and isn't sloppy in almost any move(s) she does. THAT is important.

And I think she's as cute as anyone ... well, except maybe the Bella Twins.

Wow I actaully thought you were serious about this topic. If WWE were to release Mickie that would be a very very dumb move. Just because she she isn't currently involved in any storylines or doesn't have the title is no reason to make her out to be worthless as she's one in a few divas that can actually wrestle. I agree with every word ushiku said in his post. Lastly I don't see Mickie as fat she's really cute and she has a very curvy body and big booty which for me I'm big on big booty and curvy women. I don't think any guy would turn down Mickie if he had the chance to pound her. I myself would love to bang Ms. James as she's my favorite diva next to Kelly Kelly.

she's def not fat, anyone who says thats just stuck looking at skinny maryse too much(im still in love with mo)...

she's a better pure wrestler than these other girls, in that tag match Kelly Kelly(who is damn cute btw) botched some easy moves while Mickie was flying all over the place and landing everything...

the one girl who was in the singing contest with Festus also took a nice bump i noticed, she has no place in the ring outside of getting tossed around though

mickie is good for the integrity of the divas division, unfortunately theres not much else to back it up...

Well so far Mickie has had two pinfall victories over Maryse. What this probably means is that Maryse will win if they face off for the title. Maryse needs a good face to feud with and Mickie is the quick fix. I belive they are grooming Kelly Kelly to be the next Diva's Champion because it's not the premeire women's title belt so there won't be a whole lot of pressure on her.

I just watched last night's RAW and it made me think of this thread.

Mickie James got a HUGE crowd reaction last week when she pinned Maryse in a singles match. Now this week she gets another massive reaction after pinning Maryse in a tag team match. That's not too bad for a girl that some people say is currently a footnote in the women's (divas?) division.

I love it. It doesn't matter how much logic you smack people in the face with time and time again. They'll continue to pretend that a person isn't being utilized and that they aren't getting a big, positive crowd reaction because they're trying to convince themselves that they have a point to make. It doesn't even matter if Mickie wins the title or not. When you're the person that the company constantly goes to for a feud to get a new person over that means that you have staying power.

Thank you WWE and thank you Mickie James. :)

Funny stuff this thread. First of all Mickie James not being involved in the huge story line has to do with Creative not her. Secondly, Mickie James is one of the few women in the WWE that can actually wrestle yets get passed up more recently. The same goes for, in my opinion, Jillian Hall(who would make a FUN and Funny heel champ), Katie Lea and Natalya who both are stuck on ECW with hardly ever participating in a divas match. Mickie James has been my fav since she has arrived in the WWE. She still can whoop ass as is evident by winning multiple tag matches for her team, pinning beth, Santino even, and recently pinning the DIVAS champ Maryse, two times. Trust me folks, she is one of the most popular divas. Hence why she won the Divas Costume Contest two years in a row for Cyber Sunday. She always gets one of the loudest pops for a diva, and she will have that Divas belt around her twice at least once if not more.

Thank god this isnt a true report. I dont think WWE will ever fire Mickie James. She's been there for too long to be fired. She's like Jim Duggan. She can do nothing for months, but she will never be released.(at least I hope she won't)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back