**MERGED** RAW's 1000th Episode (Keep it in here: No Austin, Punk/Cena, DX, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatanka has always been a favorite of mine and wouldn't mind seeing him in the ring again.
Shawn Michaels is always on my top guys list so I wouldn't mind seeing him again...Well the old Micheals.

New Age Outlaws or any decent tag team.

If there is news of JBL saying he's gonna come back...and they just added Ron Simmons to the hall of fame *does the math* Raw after No Way Out could we please please please see the APA vs curt hawkins and tyler reks, or epico and primo, or something.

I don't know if anyone else has done the math, but if WWE RAW started on January 11, 1993 and it has ran every week since then... then technically the 1000th episode should have been on March 12, 2012 and July 23, 2012 should actually be the 1019th episode... Just thought this was an interesting fact... go on any online date calender calculator and you can do the math quick and easy!!

I don't know if anyone else has done the math, but if WWE RAW started on January 11, 1993 and it has ran every week since then... then technically the 1000th episode should have been on March 12, 2012 and July 23, 2012 should actually be the 1019th episode... Just thought this was an interesting fact... go on any online date calender calculator and you can do the math quick and easy!!

Yeah except the fact that they don't do a show christmas week which makes July 23 the 1000th episode

I was just thinking about this, late last night, and it came to me in a vision. With the 1,000 episode of Raw closely appoaching, and the WWE trying to get many superstars to appear for the Big event; and the WWE looking for this Raw to be the highest rated Raw of the year, why not revive the Tag Team division with a 15 tag team battle royal, and the winners getting a tag title shot at the next Pay Per View. Current, and past Tag Teams. Such as The BushWackers, The Godwinns, The Usos, The Samoan Swat Team, New Age Outlaws, The HeadBangers, The Highlanders, The Smoking Gunns, Too Cool, Cryme Time, The Prime Time Players, Primo and Epico, The APA, Kaientai, Slater and Gabriel, Regal and Tajiri, Booker T and Goldust, The Oddities, Skull and 8 Ball, (The DOA), MNM, Jesse and Festus, and more.

Hey it's a smart idea. Tag Team consists of 2 people rather than 1 for a singles match. And plus some of these tag teams would get huge pops such as The APA, Too Cool, Cryme Time, Booker T and Goldust, and the New Age Outlaws. And plus, it's a good way to rehire some old talent, for some heated tag team feuds and awesome Tag Team Matches. Again just a suggestion. What's your thoughts?

I was just thinking about this, late last night, and it came to me in a vision. With the 1,000 episode of Raw closely appoaching, and the WWE trying to get many superstars to appear for the Big event; and the WWE looking for this Raw to be the highest rated Raw of the year, why not revive the Tag Team division with a 15 tag team battle royal, and the winners getting a tag title shot at the next Pay Per View. Current, and past Tag Teams. Such as The BushWackers, The Godwinns, The Usos, The Samoan Swat Team, New Age Outlaws, The HeadBangers, The Highlanders, The Smoking Gunns, Too Cool, Cryme Time, The Prime Time Players, Primo and Epico, The APA, Kaientai, Slater and Gabriel, Regal and Tajiri, Booker T and Goldust, The Oddities, Skull and 8 Ball, (The DOA), MNM, Jesse and Festus, and more.

Hey it's a smart idea. Tag Team consists of 2 people rather than 1 for a singles match. And plus some of these tag teams would get huge pops such as The APA, Too Cool, Cryme Time, Booker T and Goldust, and the New Age Outlaws. And plus, it's a good way to rehire some old talent, for some heated tag team feuds and awesome Tag Team Matches. Again just a suggestion. What's your thoughts?

Nope.

Dusting off a bunch of has-beens will not rebuild the tag team division, which in all fairness, is steadily improving week on week.

Half the names you mention won't even ring a bell with a large portion of Raw's current audience, and those that do are either too old to compete full-time or were released from WWE because they weren't good enough to be worth kept signed to a contract. The only "old talent" here worth rehiring would be John Morrison, and even he wasn't amazing.

Yes, it's nice to have nostalgic moments like the one you've dreamt up here, but in reality the tag division needs new blood to make it better, not old parts.

And don't put "huge pops" and "Too Cool" in the same sentence again. Brian Christopher's cameo on Raw last year went down like a lead balloon.

Yeah except the fact that they don't do a show christmas week which makes July 23 the 1000th episode

Technically this is the 1001 episode of Raw so I am told. I think the Benoit tribute show is now deleted from the archives and not acknowledged anymore so July 16th is 'the real' 1000th episode.

Anyway, I dont care, I am just glad they are going to make this a special show. Hopefully we will see big hitters like Bret, Rock, Austin, Taker joining the already announced Lesnar and HBK. Even if it is just a video promo.

Heres a thought - we all saw Christian turn up to the TNA PPV earlier this month, which was apparently an exchange for Flair turning up at HOF. Is there a possiblity we could see Kurt Angle turn up in 'some form'? Improbable but not impossible. If I had of told you 2 months ago Christian Cage would be at a TNA PPV I would have being laughed off here!!!

Hope we get some good matches...New Age Outlaws and the APA could both have matches against some of the current tag teams. Imagine Heath Slater cutting a promo and a legend like The Rock coming down to squash him!

Also told we will get PPV type match ups...Cena vs Punk? Could start the build to their rumoured summer fued. Jericho vs Triple H is another one that could be booked.

For months now we have been hearing the buzz for the 1000th episode of RAW. The biggest point WWE seems to be pushing home is the fact that a lot of MAJOR names from RAW's past will show up. However, I'm simply not seeing anything to go crazy over. Lets take a look at the names who have been confirmed:

DX-How long has it been since we've seen Shawn and Hunter together on RAW! 3 months? Not exactly long enough for nostalgia to kick in. That's just seeing them together. We've seen Hunter a half dozen times since Wrestlemania. Not exactly a blast from the past.

Brock Lesnar- I never thought I'd say this, but I'm completely bored with Brock. Even with the addition of Heyman, YOU CANT CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU CANT SEE. Like DX, we've seen him recently. Sure, its been a couple months, but the thrill of him returning will be nothing compared to when he made is comeback after Wrestlemania.

Bret Hart- Huge star. He already made the return we thought we would never see. He came back two years ago and basically fizzled out by the time he left.

The Rock- Another huge star who we've been seeing on and off WWE TV for over a year. Much like DX, he was on a half dozen RAW's in a row a few months ago. The Rocks back. We know it and we've seen it. Unless he makes some anouncment no one saw coming, the suspense of his return is gone. He'll cut a promo and be gone until Wrestlemania season.

Mick Foley- I hate to say it, but Mick has been a dud in almost every apperance he's made since coming back to the WWE. His This Is Your Life with John Cena was one of the most boring segments in years. Unless Mick is cutting a specific promo on an opponent, he just doesn't make much of an impression anymore.

I'm sure Austin, Piper, and all the other regular legends will be there. All great name's, but we've seen them time and time again over the last few years. Also, Sid, Vader, DDP, and Backlund have returned recently. Good guys, but nothing to flip out over.

NOT ONE PERSON BEING ADVERTISED IS WORTH OF THE TYPE OF INSANE MARK OUT MOMENT THE 1000th EPISODE OF RAW IS PROMISING!

If WWE wanted that type of reaction, they should of made the 1000th episode of RAW the debut of the returning Brock Lesnar. That's the type of moment worth of this hype.

WHO IS LEFT THAT COULD GIVE US A MOMENT WE WILL NEVER FORGET?

A REAL DX REUNION- How many times can we still get excited about Shawn and Hunter? If the WWE want's to give us a real moment, bring them all back. Shawn, Hunter, Road Dogg, X-Pac, and Billy Gunn. That's DX. During the height of the Monday Night Wars, the NAO were two of the most popular guys in the history of the company. On top of that, we havent seen them of WWE TV in 10 years.

GOLDBERG- If the WWE is clamming to bring back huge past stars, they have to get him. For two years he was the arguably the most popular wrestler in the world. Add in the controversy he's had with the WWE and thats the kind of surprise that would make people remember the 1000th RAW.

ULTIMATE WARRIOR- Wrestlezone recently put up a report claiming that Vince is so excited about the 1000th RAW he would try to get Savage if he was still alive. Sadly, Randy is gone. However, the Ultimate Warrior is the biggest living WWE legend that hasn't done anything with the company. (I know about Bruno, he was NEVER ON RAW). Warrior hasn't been seen in the WWE since 1996. For nearly 20 years people have wondered if we will ever see him in a WWE ring again. If Vince want's people to go crazy and blow up twitter like never before, he needs to bring in Warrior.

That's it. The only three returns I can think of that would be worthy of the 1000th RAW. Not including wrestlers who have died or who currently under contract with TNA, and there are no other names big enough to warrant the hype.

Who do you think should make a MAJOR return at the 1000th RAW?

I think the are going to use HBK as fodder to get Brock Lesnar and Triple H's Summer Slam match over. Lesnar will hit the F-5 on Michaels, etc., and Shawn will have to be carted out leaving Triple H seething and putting some heat on this as we roll toward August 19th.

If Vince truly is putting aside all the beef he has with superstars from the past, then an Ultimate Warrior return isnt entirely out of the question.

The problem is trying to convince Hellwig. The Self Destruction dvd isnt doing Vince any favors.

If Warrior returns on July 23rd my life will be complete.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/12/charlie-sheen-quits-twitter/

Sources say hes going to shut it down within days or hours. Also quoted as saying "Twitter Sucks".

Surely somewhere right now Vince Mcmahon is dropping a collective brick with his staff, ya know being the "Social media ambassador" for WWE for the 1000th RAW.

Even if he staves off shutting it down to see the commitment through, its still damaging to have there Twitter ambassador say it sucks. Who knows maybe he will do all the tweets himself instead of using X lackey and run down the RAW programming?

Your thoughts on the situation people?

I'm sorry, but why is this even a thread? What the hell does an "ambassador for social media' even mean anyways? It's a made up title for something no one cares about. I honestly forgot all about it, that's how little I cared about it. Besides, in the end, no one is watching the 1000 WWE Raw show for Charlie Sheen anyways. This isn't news.

An open letter to Vince McMahon:

Dear Vince,

You hired Charlie Sheen to appear on your live television program, knowing full well what a loose cannon he is and how unpredicatable he can be. The same Charlie Sheen that left millions upon millions of dollars behind because of creative control issues on a TV show he was the star of Now for the million bucks or so that your paying him you expect him to be your perfect little puppet?

To quote the late, great, ECW audience... "You Fucked Up!"

Be happy if he shows up. Be happy if he shows up sober. Be happy that he doesn't go on national television and announce that "all this shit is fake anyway." At this point you don't need him to be social media ambassador, you just need him to not ruin your entire business.

Does it really matter? You have so many old stars coming back like Bret Hart, The Rock, Stone Cold, Mick Foley, HBK, Brock Lesnar, and many more that people are already going to tune in just for the nostalgia factor. It's going to be a huge night for the WWE, with or without Charlie Sheen tweeting. I expect the rating to at least be over a 3.5, possibly even a 4.0 with so many people coming back.

Didn't another wrestler quit twitter recently? I think it was Cody Rhodes? Or maybe Orton? I don't remember. But they pretty much quit for the same reason. The funny thing is, the WWE can't seem to keep their foot out of their mouths with their partnerships. This is the second person affiliated with the WWE who has pretty much said they don't care about twitter, a company the E is huge on doing business with. And they also released the No Holds Barred dvd but not before employing the brilliant marketing strategy of shitting all over it in a video package. Seems like the theme for the E as of late has been mixed messages.

I'm sorry, but why is this even a thread? What the hell does an "ambassador for social media' even mean anyways? It's a made up title for something no one cares about. I honestly forgot all about it, that's how little I cared about it. Besides, in the end, no one is watching the 1000 WWE Raw show for Charlie Sheen anyways. This isn't news.

Well actually, yeh its a title that was made up, but its to highlight a social media function they wish to push for the 1000th episode. Perhaps you're not all that interested in social media but there are a hell of a lot of people out there that are. Just ask the 8 million+ followers Sheen has. No one is watching Raw for Sheen, though having him has the ambassador could pick up a broad range of viewers as he tweets throughout the night, even those who have never watched wrestling before.

So whether you realise it or not, care or not, having Sheen twittering about the show is a huge deal, hence the marketing of the feature almost every week. And finally, the poster of the thread never claimed this was news... just a point of discussion.

Dont get me wrong, i dont blame you for seeing this as unworthy news, i too wouldnt have given a crap. If i wasnt watching RAW and have to see an image of Charlie Sheen shoved down my face that hes tweeting during RAW, Or have to listen to the announcers rave on about him instead of calling the moves of a match, or even seeing it plastered over WWE or Wrestlezone that hes involved.

If Vince is lucky, he will back out or have a lackey tweet for him.

If hes unlucky, he might find watching 3 hours of RAW boring and let his near 8 million followers plus the "WWE Universe" know, he may even drop a few pipebombs of his own.

This PR stunt by Vince and Co could backfire in there face pretty bad. Especially since theyve worked so hard to get that PG stamp.

In the normal world you are right, but in the crazy insane and downright moronic world of Vince McMahon and current WWE this is news, because they have been promoting this for the past several weeks.

They are paying more money to Sheens lackey to tweet than 95% of the roster gets paid, that is WCW-esque celeb of idiocy at play here.

I didn't think Charlie Sheen was even going to physically be at RAW.

As far as Twitter I feel like they are constantly shoving it down my throat and sorry to say Twitter hype was a long time ago. They are late to the game.

I hate seeing the # all over the place now. # this # that. Especially on Raw with what is trending world wide right now graphics all over the place. They are more concerned with their twitter account than actual ratings at this point.
Seems like more people are tweeting than having their eyes on your actual show for the 2 (soon to be 3) hours.
Granted it is a nice way to interact with other fans and some of the stars but please focus more on the product itself.
Charlie Sheen would have been great during the attitude era

On tonight´s 999 Raw, Daniel Bryan no longer the wwe championship #1 contender, had an epiphany and declared his love for AJ, and asked her to marry him, and she said YES!
It was then announced that they will get married next week..... its been a long time since we´ve had a wedding on raw and now its time to bring one back....

Do you want to see it and more importantly will they go through with it. IMO they got 2 choices. either they go though with it without a hiccup (but where is the fun in that?) or someone crashes the wedding, either Eve has seduced Bryan before the wedding or someone is secretly aligned with AJ and they turn on Daniel Bryan (Im looking at you Labar with your Dean Ambrose prediction).

I want to see those crazy kids go through with it and become mr and mrs YES

Discuss.....

At Money in the Bank, John Cena defeated The Miz, Chris Jericho, Big Show, and Kane to win the WWE Championship Money in the Bank ladder match.

At Money in the Bank, CM Punk defeated Daniel Bryan to retain the WWE Championship. Punk is in his eighth month as champion.

On the 999th episode of Raw, John Cena announced that next week on Raw episod 1000, he would cash in his contract against CM Punk for the WWE Championship. Nobody has ever cashed in Money in the Bank unsuccessfully.

1. What of CM Punk and John Cena's rumored match at Summerslam?

2. Big Show mentioned John Cena designing the current title design. When will the new belt be unveiled?

3. How do you feel about Cena cashing in RVD-style?

4. Who wins?

As great as the AJ storyline has been, it needs some sort of closure before it starts dragging on.
Perhaps just letting them marry and keeping them together might be it.

The 999th episode of WWE Monday Night Raw just ended, and next Monday marks the historical 1000th episode. So many things are set and have been hyped up. From returns, to weddings, to championship matches and more, Raw 1000 is bound to be great.

A few things set for the 3 hour show include Christian defending the IC title, Cena cashing in the MITB Briefcase to face CM Punk, The Rock returns, Brock Lesnar answers HHH's Summer Slam Challenge, DX reunites, Daniel Bryan and AJ get Married, and much more is expected.

What are you all most excited about?

Discuss All things #Raw1000 here.

First off, there were a lot of people who were trying to say that "There's no way Cena will cash in at Raw 1000, they'll save it for SSlam". This proves a point that everybody needs to learn.

The WWE is as predictable as a color by number.

Other people speculate that Cena's going to be the first to fail a cash-in, that The Rock will cost him the match somehow.

Again to you I say, the WWE is predictable.

Why'd Cena even win MITB? Why'd the MITB, for ONE TIME ONLY, have only former champions involved? Isn't it supposed to be the stepping stone that mid-card guys like Swagger, Del Rio, Sheamus, etc. can use to propel into the main event? He had no foreseeable premise to do so, he wasn't on a huge push (unless you count him always being on a push, a push), and he has nothing new or unique to bring to the table, like a Dolph Ziggler. He won for one reason, and one reason only, and that's because he hadn't won it yet.

John Cena is 35 years old. He's nearing the end of his full-time wrestling career rope. How does the WWE repay him for being the face of possibly the worst 'era' of wrestling?

Have him fill out his resume, win the MITB, and win the WWE Championship again on Raw 1000, the biggest Raw ever.

Simply.
Put.

He cashes in RVD style because he's a face, and can't reasonably cash in any other way without looking the slightest bit heel, which we all know Cena can't be heel, god no.

Cena wins. Cena wins. Cena wins. Until he finally gives it up, and passes the torch on to CM Punk, Ziggler, Rhodes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back