• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**MERGED** NXT Discussion- KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!!

Should NXT and Superstars merge?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wow, WWE could have done this with NXT initially and I would've preferred it. I wouldn't have had to sit through Daniel Bryan's humiliating game show debut and actually saw some wrestling matches with exceptional commentary in front of a receptive crowd. Man, NXT has come a long way. It has a great WCW Saturday Night feel, kind of made me nostalgic for the days of watching TBS every weekend for some undercard wrestling. Funnily enough Saturday Night was often the best show WCW had at the end.

Glad "Wild and Young" was retired in favor of "Welcome Home," music makes a huge difference in how wrestling is perceived. Ascension are pretty great, I'm digging the aggressive nature of the new wrestlers. tyson Kidd is a master in the ring, his work is nicely showcased on the new NXT show. I really like that it's honest about being the show for future superstars. It's what ECW was in both forms, and it's what works. Honestly it feels more like ROH 5 years ago.

I thought it was just great and fun. That's right, fun. Yes, we watch WWE for the wrestling aspect, but it is entertainment and nothing is entertaining unless it's fun. The matches were fun, the vignettes were fun, the commentary was fun, it was just a great time. The Ascension appears to have a bright future and I can see them in the WWE by the end of the year. Bo Dallas is just a cool baby face. JR and Regal are a dream commentary team come true. There's just something great about Bray Wyatt.

I'm looking forward to it every week.

Wow, I say it again, Wow! I have to admit at first I was just going to ignore this thread since I never gave NXT a chance after the first season but I decided to click on it anyway and based on the great reviews you guys gave I thought why not? Thanks to the gentleman above who supplied me with the links I got to watch something refreshing and fun for a change. Maybe you fellas can help me out though. Is this only being broadcasted in Canada? Will it be on WWE's website or YouTube channel because this is something I want to see more of.

Just checked it out on youtube and that was an impressive first show, got a lot of things right but also left some room for improvment.

First I got to say I love the opening of the show it really sets the tone of what NXT is all about. Having the HOF Jim Ross and William Regal on commentary is also a real positive. The main event was also well done as tyson kidd and Mcguillicuty really showed what they could do if given enough time.To me Ascension really stole the show with there entrance and tag team maneuvers.

On the flip side so far it doesn't look like there bringing in a NXT Championship belt and I really feel they need it in order to have the WWE universe invest in the show. I guess thats really my only complaint about the show so far so I have to say good job WWE

Nxt has lost thei edge since the 4th season.
i feel nxt should be ended. for a new show to start. what is your opinion

The new NXT is so much better than the old NXT. It is a chance for both new, and underused superstars to shine.

But for the superstars + NXT question, I would love to see a 2 hour NXT in exchange for Superstars!

I saw the first episode and I thought it was a good show. The main event was great and I think the Acension (don't know if I spelled that right) look like a great tag team. I'm looking foward to next week's show.

No disrespect intended to the poster of this thread, however the notion of combining NXT and Superstars, in my opinion, is just a stupid question. Provided, I've got all sorts of tidbits that float about within my humongous cranium that I can't help but shake my head at; I do my best to analyze everything before saying it. Essentially, Superstars is Heat/Velocity, but on WGN America and it draws awful ratings. Namely, because WWE doesn't give two shits about the guys who aren't currently making them money. It's confusing, seeing as WWE punishes people who get over themselves. WWE didn't want Alex Riley or Zack Ryder to get over, they did, and now they're spotted on occasion at best. Yet, they are knowingly few and far between right now in viable stars and upcoming money-makers. Great talent? Yes. Dolph, Cody and a few others who have all the pieces of the puzzle, they just need to put it together. However, a MONEY-MAKER? No. WWE has no real 'money-makers' on the rise other than Zack Ryder, Alex Riley and possibly Ted DiBiase, at least, in my not-so-humble opinion. Two of which, are punished for getting over on their own! That was one hell of a rant...

Anyways. Superstars is where guys who WWE can't fire go to wrestle, because no one cares.

NXT is great, now. I have only seen one episode, sure, but they've put money into it. It's a far better idea than the reality show, and the reason I say that is; instead of judging whether Daniel Bryan will be a success running around with a keg in hand.. Now you can see if Seth Rollins will be able to work a WWE style and get over, ON WWE TV, and see how live crowds react to him. It's not going to be like NXT where the agents try and convince you to like someone, NXT is a new show where if you so much as have potential, you'll b eon television. That alone gives SO many more people opportunities. One guy, for instance, Kenneth Cameron. I'm not too fond of Conor O'Brien, but he works his ass off and I'll give him credit. Cameron is odd, but he has something special; whether it would make money or not? I honestly don't know, but he has such a hard to present character that without the chance of being on "national" television, you'll never truly know what you have in front of you.

If NXT and Superstars merged, I'd be pissed. That's basically what NXT and Superstars had been over the last several months.. And just now, I realized I didn't check the post date of this thread and it could've been pre-NXT overhaul, and I could've just wasted a ton of time! OH WELL!

For the past five seasons, even when there were good qualities in the show, there have never been these great shows where I'm constantly wanting to tune in. Finally, within the sixth season, I am. And to be honest, it's not even because of the wrestling itself... though that is great as well.

What I love about NXT is that the WWE has seemingly closed FCW and put this show there to give it sort of an old school WCCW or NWA show style feel. The entrance ramp itself has a great old school, but still new and fresh, feel to it that I love seeing.

To be honest, I think this new NXT should be presented on actual Television. If or when WWE gets their Network up, I think this should make a definite appearance to the scheduling.

But to keep this alive, I have one simple question to ask.

Should WWE introduce a few NXT brand titles? Not many, just the NXT World and NXT Tag team. Sure, the WWE tag titles hardly get used on WWE tv as it is, but I think this could help both sets of WWE tag divisions.

WWE Tag Team Championships barely get used on television, yet they've three teams feuding over them? Yeah, that is pretty incorrect. R-Truth is injured so they're waiting for him to heal before booking a WWE Tag Team Championship match with The Primetime Players, instead of once again removing the title from Kofi due to his partners injury. WWE have actually done a very good job in making light of tag team wrestling again.

As for NXT, it isn't going over that well. First episode got good reviews, second has gotten poor reviews. First episode focused mostly on the wrestling aspect, second episode had only one match that went over five minutes which is pretty poor and leaves nobody wanting to get invested in the show. Antonio Cesaro for example picked up a win in under one minute, which is a poor used of talent and an even poorer use of time on the taping.

We've seen the good and we've seen the bad, with hope WWE have mostly got episodes much like the first in-line because shows like this weeks NXT won't make people want to watch.

As for the image, it has a Florida Championship Wrestling feel to it, just a few more accessories such as the aisle way, the screen, the announcers desk. Full Sail can amass a capacity of 1,200 people so they're pulling decent crowds for shows that don't feature many established WWE stars. Second tapings didn't sell-out, which doesn't do much for the shows reputation.

Overall, it has a nice feel, it has a nice image, it does a good job of spotlighting new faces while allowing some of those who featured on NXT previously e.g. Johnny Curtis, Derrick Bateman, Tyson Kidd and so forth a chance to shine among those unfamiliar faces. But if they have produced shows similar to the second, it won't attract good viewers via YouTube and it won't have a huge future. Not that they expect it to anyway, being on the Brighthouse Network or whatever you call it.

Best thing in the second show was Bray Wyatt's "Coming Soon!" vignette. When a vignette is the best thing to have featured on a show you know you've an issue. Plus Jim Ross being back on commentary was my personal interest, and he doesn't feature outside Main Events in any of the second set of tapings, which again detracts somewhat.

Well.. I originally watched the original NXT Season with DBD, Wade Barrett, ect.. expecting it to be similar to Touch Enough.. I was mildly impressed with it and there were some OK matches in the original season, e.g DBD vs Y2J... But the rest of the seasons went downhill from there..

So I decided to watch the first episode of FS NXT, and I have to say i was pleasantly surprised with it, everything from the set to the crowd..

Firstly The Set, I loved the small stage, the big arena crowds just dragged the program down, It felt like a FCW episode or I dare say it a iMPACT episode.. They were real wrestling fans who interacted with every match and the crowd was wild..

The Matches and Promos in my opinion were booked to perfection, they showcased there talents in promos to made us watch the next week, but with the matches they didnt throw there biggest card straight away, they showcased guys like The Assension.. but they also drew our attention to Seth Rollins, Richie Steamboat and Leo Kruger for the NXT week... Parden the pun I had too..:lmao:

Finally I come to the main event.. when the announced Tyson Kidd vs Joe Hennig (Michael Mcwhatist) i thought of Low Card Superstars quality... I Loved it! the match was fast paced and showed what the young talent has in store which cant be shown on superstars.. The comintary and the crowd only added to match...

The Second week was almost the same apart from it wasn't as High Profile and The Main Event could of been soo much better! come on Johnny Curtis and Derrick Bateman in a 5 min pathetic match.. Kidd Vs Hennig was 15+ Minutes!

But im pretty impressed soo far.. sorry for grammatical errors and lack of knowledge..

The Hampster, Has spoken!

Awesome. Awesome awesome awesome.

JR and Regal on commentary. 15+ minute wrestling matches for the ME, squash matches for up and comers for the rest of the show. Vingettes and taped promos. The Ascension is the coolest thing that has ever occured in the history of the world.

Feel like I am watching a well polished Territory show from back in the day. The new NXT rocks, shame the broadcasting of it is so hackneyed and fucking ******ed. Its the damn WWE what the fuck is so hard about putting in on the website, or getting local affiliates to air it? Why would you make your programming and LESS accessable, and purposely curtail the exposure of your up and coming stars, who do not have a large fan base or exposure to audiences. Odd, truly. Love the show though, all they need is to introduce a champion.

The new tag team of Carter (Big Van Vader's son) and Graves is awesome... Bring them and The Ascension up to the big leagues immediately!!! Te tag division needs them. They both have great looks, awesome gimmisck and will make me watch NXT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back