• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**MERGED** Miz Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the reason that I watch RAW. He is 100% charisma and ENTERTAINMENT. He has made this Raw the best in a VERY long time :) AWESOME!!!!!!!!

While i agree with you that Miz's in-ring skills arent up to the level of a Daniel Bryan, what people see in him is his mic work. When Cena first came on, no one cared about him, then he had the gimmick where he rapped and people cared about him, Miz's mic work improved from what it used to be to the point that he's the 2nd best mic worker in the WWE behind CM Punk in my book and while his in-ring skills arent great, his character is good enough to get people interested in his matches.

Its not like people are putting him on a pedestal and saying hes untouchable. Miz is solid and yes he has ways to go before he could be considered great or good for that matter. I think a lot of his poll comes from the fact that he is not John Cena or Randy Orton. He has a good arrogant character trait going for him, i really hope they just give him a decent push with this run and it will get a few more people on board with him. All in all i was pleased with the title win and was pretty shocked at the same time. The way most IWC fans called it for months Miz was going to be the first to cash in and fail to win the title. It showed me to pay a little less attention to the internet and its opinions.

He's the Justin Bieber of the WWE. No real talent, but he's got a group of fans who worship him for some reason. I would question whether he's actually that good on the mic. He speaks well, but he doesn't really say anything interesting. He had one memorable promo, but that's it. Half the words in his promos are "really" or "awesome".

That said, it was pretty obvious he would leave this RAW as champion. With the Cena/Barrett feud continuing, there was only one person left for Orton to feud with. I think The Miz's title reign will turn out to be a huge disappointment, but at least it will show that he has no talent, and we won't have to hear his cheerleaders compare him to Austin, The Rock, Jericho, HBK, Hogan, Sammartino, Flair, or any other true talent again.

I dont see whats so great about him either.

I havent watched wwf for a while and didnt even know who he was. Well a lot of people I didnt know who they were

His ringwork is sloppy at best, I don't see the hype about his mic work.?

Ill take you on here. First off, Miz has had alot more standout matches then you think. Dating back to 2007, he had a solid ECW title match with CM Punk. He's had several very good matches with John Cena, including one in the 2009 NOC qualifying tournament. He had an excellent match you probably didnt see on ECW before WM 25 with Primo. His match with Morrison at Bragging Rights 2009 was very good. More recently, he's had several standout matches with Daniel Bryasn this year. He's a very solid in-ring talent.

As for his mic work, he's just so damn entertaining. Whether he's semi-shooting on being kicked out of the Raw locker room, or his "decision" at Summerslam as to whether or not to join Cena's team, he has the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. So much that he has to tell the crowd not to chant along with his "awesome" catchphrase.

I've seem him botch more moves than I can count, they would of been better off putting the belt on Barrett, this just seems TNAish of WWE.

Yet you failed to name one move that he botched. If you can think of a spot or a time that really stood out, please let me know.

As for it being "TNAish" of WWE, not only was this the most entertaining Raw in a long time, they put the belt on the right guy. Miz' reversal of the RKO into the SCF was well done. TNA would, as they always have, had Miz cash in his briefcase and lose. Look up TNA Feast or Fired World Title Shot winners, and come back to me and tell me how many of them won the title. Ill make it easy for you. Zero.

Even the Mizard of Oz looked better than the SCF, a knee to the head looks painful enough, but followed by a neckbreaker seems pretty legit, hell, The Cobra looks legit compared to the SCF...

Now you're just being rediculous. You're honestly comparing Santino's finisher to a full-nelson facebuster? Come-on man, I know you're smarter then that. And last time I checked, the Mizard of Oz was a swinging reverse DDT, nothing more. The move you described was the Reality Check. He still uses the Reality Check as one of his signature moves. Because unlike ALOT of wrestlers, he's actually developed a moveset.

Honestly, someone tell me what you see in The Miz?

I think I just did.

Never have I understood why many fans on these forums are into this guy. He doesn't draw me into watching WWE again and his character is nothing more than another generic cocky guy that I've already seen for so long, with rock music as his entrance. Christian, Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler, etc. had or are playing the same, cookie cutter, cocky dick.

I also heard that The Miz tries so hard to become entertaining. That his mic skills sound contrived and that he can't be taken seriously. He's all about the mainstream, the character, not a wrestler. I just don't see any appeal and nor do I care.

I totally agree with you. He seems like he is trying to be Chris Jericho. He changed his wrestling attire to look like Jericho, his mannerisms resemble Jerich, and he eve walks out in dress clothes like Jericho. My main complaint is that he never wrestles. I barely remember him defending the US title, and he held it for a while. They had to do so much to make him appear legitamate. He held the US title and tag titles at the same time, and he wins money in the bank, but I still don't think he is anything special. I get the whole "He was a fan and now he is a champion" thing, but that would work better if he was a face and not the generic, arrogant heel. Maybe they will make the belt nicer now that it will sit on his shoulder while he does talks and doesn't defend it.

For someone claiming to be awesome, that wasn't a very awesome way to get the belt. And yet Orton still almost won that match. I like Miz, but this wasn't the way to get the strap on him and I fully expect a short reign and Orton's 8th run to begin before 2011. There's just no way I buy Miz beating Orton in a TLC match.

Wasn't the way? the guy is a heel with the money in the back and he cashed in when his opponent was week. What better way for him to strike and take the belt. Miz seems to be an acquired taste but i do hope that his reign last longer then a few weeks because it will just further devalue the WWE title as the prop it has become.

The Rock wasn't the best in the ring either. But had exceptional charisma and mic work. The Miz is built the same way. His mic skills are way above average and his ring work continues to improve. Miz is leaps and bounds from where he was when he began as a host on Smackdown!

If you say Miz has a generic look, then so does Jericho, Christian, Punk, Edge, Cena, Orton...the list can go on.

Miz is here to stay. Miz will hold onto the title until AT LEAST Royal Rumble. He is FAR from a transitional champion. Everyone has short reigns at first. And in case you haven't been watching WWE, no one has long reigns anymore.

And the SCF is WAY more LEGIT than a fireman's carry slam(Attitude Adjustment). To say the Cobra is more legit is just ignorance. I get it that you may not like the Miz, but you're just being plain dumb with that argument. He slams the guy face first into the mat, how can that NOT hurt? The RKO does the same exact thing.

I just don't see it at all, Miz can't rely on others to carry his in-ring work for his whole career, not to mention he has a very generic look.

Hogan relied on others to carry his in ring work his entire career and that got him through pretty good I think.

Sure, Miz isn't the size of Hogan, but Miz also isn't balding at 30 years old, looking like he's 50 on steroids either.

I'm a huge Miz fan, so I'm biased and will admit as much. I think it was great they decided to give him the belt and especially to do so on a regular TV broadcast instead of the PPV events. He'll get a ton more time in front of the cameras and he'll keep upping his in ring work as time goes on.

The WWE has officially lost a 30 year fan. This is as bad as the David Arquette WCW title win, imo. Miz worked really hard to get where he is, and has done a lot of kissing up in the back. I get that he's wanted to be a wrestler all his life and blah blah blah...but talk about a cat that wasn't ready! Oh my goodness, I mean, this guy, doesn't have a legit finisher, again, i will reiterate that his mic skills are decent his ring work is subpar and the fact that I can still see this guy in a house with 7 strangers "keeping it real" is enough to make me puke. You know what, SCREW everything I just said. Forget it. Think about this. I watched old school Raw last week, and something that Roddy Piper said COMPLETELY helps me to prove my point. There are people in the hall of fame who have had the most unbelieveable careers and men who have had legendary careers that passed away that NEVER held a world championship. Mr. Perfect, Roddy Piper, Jerry FREAKIN Lawler, Jake Roberts, Rick Rude, Davey Boy Smith, Jimmy Snuka, Ted DiBiase, Ricky Steamboat and the list goes on. Some of these guys deserve to be world champion RIGHT NOW based on the legacy of their careers alone. Jimmy Snuka? Mr. Perfect? Ted DIBIASE??? NEVER HELD THE BELT, but they GIVE IT TO THE MIZ????????? REALLY????? REALLY???? And you cats MARK OUT OVER THAT???? Maybe this is just me showing my age. Maybe this is me knowing where WWE/WWF/WWWF really came from and watching wrestling for the past 30 years. But let me tell you something; the respect and validity of the WCW belt completely diminished when they put it on David Arquette. Now that the WWE has put the belt on it's more polished, decent promo cutting David Arquette, it ALSO has lost the luster it once had. Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, The Undertaker, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin.......The Miz? When you say those names in succession adding his just sounds ridiculous, don't it.........? I mean putting the strap on Sheamus was bad enough...I didn't really care for Cena that much but it made sense. I was upset when I saw Brock Lesnar get it....but this has gone TOO far.
I'll be marking out to TNA from now on. I can't imagine watching WWE another day in my life.

Call me crazy but isn't The Miz a heel? What's all this talk about 'appeal'? His job is to make make people hate him. If you 'want to bash his face in when you see it', or he pisses you off or whatever he's doing what he's paid to do. This is wrestling--there are faces and heels. Good guys and bad guys. A good heel makes you hate them...you're not supposed to 'like' The Miz. I'm pretty much in the middle as far as whether or not Miz should be champ or if he will be a good one, but I just think anyone should get there panties in a bunch just yet.

I totally agree with you. He seems like he is trying to be Chris Jericho. He changed his wrestling attire to look like Jericho, his mannerisms resemble Jerich, and he eve walks out in dress clothes like Jericho. My main complaint is that he never wrestles. I barely remember him defending the US title, and he held it for a while. They had to do so much to make him appear legitamate. He held the US title and tag titles at the same time, and he wins money in the bank, but I still don't think he is anything special. I get the whole "He was a fan and now he is a champion" thing, but that would work better if he was a face and not the generic, arrogant heel. Maybe they will make the belt nicer now that it will sit on his shoulder while he does talks and doesn't defend it.

Miz didn't defend the US title because he was in a tag team with Big Show, fighting for, winning and defending the Unified Tag Team Titles. He still wrestled that whole period.

It's such a shame that people just don't get things straight before posting AWFUL opinions. He has a similar look to Jericho so clearly he's ripping him off. He's an arrogant heel!! They're basically all the same! He wears wrestling trunks, what else would you like him to wear? His old pants were TERRIBLE!!!

Miz isn't bad but I have a real hard time seeing him as the top guy. He depends on his mic skills but he isn't creative like the people who have been successful doing that. Other than a borderline one dimensional character he doesn't bring a lot. He is pretty good at what he does well but there is simply not enough there to not get tired of it sooner than later. He is kind of a poor mans Anderson IMO.

u didn't just compare the MIZ to the ROCK did you? I could go on an OFFICIAL tirade about the differences between two, but you adn I both know them all. The Miz isn't even in the same league as the Rock at the END of his career.

damn i don't think i wanna check wrestlezone for awhile...like i said miz is cool and all...but i can't stand the head he is recieving on this site...he cannot be compared to the rock or jericho at all...rock couldn't wrestle as good as jericho but sure s hell could wrestle better than miz...i get it he is probably the future face of the company...but john cena is the face and ppl hate on him so i think you can make all the same cases for the miz.

and to the person saying no one has long title reigns, ummm kane...kane won mitb the same night and you cannot in anyway say that miz was more deserving than kane!!

i mean this in the most insulting way possible

diehard TNA fans might be smarter than diehard miz fans. hes just terribly unbelievable in everything he does.

it is however strange how superstars i normally start off hating, get better when given a title run (orton and sheamus recently). i hope he evolves into something remotely awesome for me.

who does the miz fued with though? they have a serious clusterfuck of heels on RAW. orton? okay. who else? hes basically in a position that assures him losing the belt back to orton.

[QUOTE
It's such a shame that people just don't get things straight before posting AWFUL opinions. He has a similar look to Jericho so clearly he's ripping him off. He's an arrogant heel!! They're basically all the same! He wears wrestling trunks, what else would you like him to wear? His old pants were TERRIBLE!!![/QUOTE]

I don't see how my opinion is so awful. He barely defended the US belt even when he didn't have the tag belts. He even commented on that in an interview asking why he should have to defend the belt. As far as the attire, the designs on his trunks looks the same, and the kick pads as well. This is just my opinion and observation. Also, just because he is a heel doesn't mean he has to act exactly like the other heels, he should stand out in someway of he is going to be champ.

I really cannot imagine what everyone sees as being such a big deal about the Miz. He's young. His in-ring skills are above average and are increasing exponentially. He's masterful on the mic, with charisma to burn. He's hungry. He's a proto-typical heel and plays the role to perfection. He's paid his dues along the way, silencing critics (myself being one of them) who thought he didn't deserve to be there and wouldn't last once he did arrive. Check out his promo to this effect a couple of weeks or months ago. He's the total package in terms of a professional wrestler. That's not to say he's the best, but let's face it, he doesn't need to be the absolute best. But he is very good and he's getting better by the day.

i mean this in the most insulting way possible

diehard TNA fans might be smarter than diehard miz fans. hes just terribly unbelievable in everything he does.

it is however strange how superstars i normally start off hating, get better when given a title run (orton and sheamus recently). i hope he evolves into something remotely awesome for me.

who does the miz fued with though? they have a serious clusterfuck of heels on RAW. orton? okay. who else? hes basically in a position that assures him losing the belt back to orton.

He's clearly going to feud with Orton right now. Then why not the up and coming Morrison? Miz vs Morrison has a great history and can be a very good feud.

Why not Cena? Miz/Orton will last a month or so, Cena and Nexus have to stop feuding eventually! Cena/Miz is another match-up with a good back story.

Miz has options.

the Miz sucks, his promos are not that great, in fact they put me to sleep, his in ring work is sloppy at times and his finisher sucks. I'd rather see Sheamus as WWE Champion then the Miz. His reign is not gonna be long and I think WWE made a big mistake in putting their top strap on him. It really pisses me off when they have guys like Christian who can carry the top belt if given the chance, get put in bad programs and then you have guys like this tool the Jiz, I mean the Miz, win the WWE Championship. WTF? Not happy with this turn of events, his reign is most definetly gonna be a transitional reign. Which sucks!

[cL];2615127 said:
The WWE has officially lost a 30 year fan. This is as bad as the David Arquette WCW title win, imo. Miz worked really hard to get where he is, and has done a lot of kissing up in the back. I get that he's wanted to be a wrestler all his life and blah blah blah...but talk about a cat that wasn't ready! Oh my goodness, I mean, this guy, doesn't have a legit finisher, again, i will reiterate that his mic skills are decent his ring work is subpar and the fact that I can still see this guy in a house with 7 strangers "keeping it real" is enough to make me puke. You know what, SCREW everything I just said. Forget it. Think about this. I watched old school Raw last week, and something that Roddy Piper said COMPLETELY helps me to prove my point. There are people in the hall of fame who have had the most unbelieveable careers and men who have had legendary careers that passed away that NEVER held a world championship. Mr. Perfect, Roddy Piper, Jerry FREAKIN Lawler, Jake Roberts, Rick Rude, Davey Boy Smith, Jimmy Snuka, Ted DiBiase, Ricky Steamboat and the list goes on. Some of these guys deserve to be world champion RIGHT NOW based on the legacy of their careers alone. Jimmy Snuka? Mr. Perfect? Ted DIBIASE??? NEVER HELD THE BELT, but they GIVE IT TO THE MIZ????????? REALLY????? REALLY???? And you cats MARK OUT OVER THAT???? Maybe this is just me showing my age. Maybe this is me knowing where WWE/WWF/WWWF really came from and watching wrestling for the past 30 years. But let me tell you something; the respect and validity of the WCW belt completely diminished when they put it on David Arquette. Now that the WWE has put the belt on it's more polished, decent promo cutting David Arquette, it ALSO has lost the luster it once had. Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, The Undertaker, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin.......The Miz? When you say those names in succession adding his just sounds ridiculous, don't it.........? I mean putting the strap on Sheamus was bad enough...I didn't really care for Cena that much but it made sense. I was upset when I saw Brock Lesnar get it....but this has gone TOO far.
I'll be marking out to TNA from now on. I can't imagine watching WWE another day in my life.

Bro u are so correct, the miz sucks wwe has lost it touch on what wrestling really is, at lease TNA has some what found it, you give a punk ass kisser the belt be for some of the great timers the the world has seen, you give the belt to a David Arquette II, and the sad part all these miz fans with in this site has no clue on what it means to be a wrestler or to put on a show,
at lease John M should of had that belt first, before the miz that guy can wrestle shit Dave B could not even cut a promo or wrestle and i am still thinking how the hell did he get the belt,

the Miz just sucks and cole should just stick his tonuge out and lick miz you know what since he is doing such a good job, i wont be suprised if those too are bed buddies if i was Randy i would quit wwe for a stupid move like that

Ill take you on here. First off, Miz has had alot more standout matches then you think. Dating back to 2007, he had a solid ECW title match with CM Punk. He's had several very good matches with John Cena, including one in the 2009 NOC qualifying tournament. He had an excellent match you probably didnt see on ECW before WM 25 with Primo. His match with Morrison at Bragging Rights 2009 was very good. More recently, he's had several standout matches with Daniel Bryasn this year. He's a very solid in-ring talent.

Notice how all of his opponents are well able to carry him?

Wonder why that is.

As for his mic work, he's just so damn entertaining. Whether he's semi-shooting on being kicked out of the Raw locker room, or his "decision" at Summerslam as to whether or not to join Cena's team, he has the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. So much that he has to tell the crowd not to chant along with his "awesome" catchphrase.

Sorry, but he's not "damn entertaining", in fact, he's quite boring and bland, damn, I've never seen a generic looking wrestler being cocky.

Yet you failed to name one move that he botched. If you can think of a spot or a time that really stood out, please let me know.

I can name multiple, The Miz botching the Figure Four, botching the RKO spot, botching MULTIPLE and MULTIPLE and MULTIPLE lines of his promos, for someone who is "the greatest in WWE on mic work", he sure does make a shit-ton and a half of mic botches.

As for it being "TNAish" of WWE, not only was this the most entertaining Raw in a long time, they put the belt on the right guy. Miz' reversal of the RKO into the SCF was well done. TNA would, as they always have, had Miz cash in his briefcase and lose. Look up TNA Feast or Fired World Title Shot winners, and come back to me and tell me how many of them won the title. Ill make it easy for you. Zero.

TNA has a history of putting the wrong belt on the wrong people, Miz isn't ready for the main-event level yet, not even close, that's what I was referring to.

Now you're just being rediculous. You're honestly comparing Santino's finisher to a full-nelson facebuster? Come-on man, I know you're smarter then that. And last time I checked, the Mizard of Oz was a swinging reverse DDT, nothing more. The move you described was the Reality Check. He still uses the Reality Check as one of his signature moves. Because unlike ALOT of wrestlers, he's actually developed a moveset.

Sorry, but they all just look so weak.

How is a full-nelson facebuster supposed to be taken seriously by a guy the size of The Miz?

It shouldn't be any more effective than a bulldog from Mysterio.

I was not the Biggest Fan of him at first and thought he would never make it and I thought he would be fired by now. He has Improved Drastically. He is really good on the Mic and he has improved in the ring, while he can still improve in the ring he is good enough to put on Decent to Good Matches and not look lost in the ring. His Hard work and Talent has made me a pretty big fan of his, So Great Job Miz and congrats on being the New Champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back