• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**MERGED** Chris Jericho At The Royal Rumble- KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!

Something said in commentary lingered with me last night.

for the first time ever...every WWE superstar is eligible for the Royal Rumble

Afterwards they showed several superstars running to the ring in previous royal rumbles, INCLUDING CM Punk.

I'm trying to fathom exactly where they may be going with this, but one way or another i'm certain CM Punk will be in the 30 Man over the top Royal Rumble match.

Also notice it's back to 30 confirmed on http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble

Its looking more likely the Jericho will win the RR. Ok this is a long shot. What if this is building to a triple threat match at mania between punk Jericho and taker. With both the wwe and whc being on the line and of course the streak.

So my scenario would be Jericho wins the rumble and taker wins the whc at elimination chamber. Then Jericho goes on to challenge both champions at mania... He goes on to win and then in the last 2 months he would have won the rumble became a 2 time undisputed champion proved he was best in the world and ended the streak... ending the world as we know it.

I've read all the predictions and can honestly say this is the first time every imagined outcome has me smiling.

I'm a Punk fan, but as long as he loses the belt to someone who isn't named Cena or Del Rio, I'll accept it.

Jericho ending the streak, or at least putting Undie over with another WM win would be fine. Jericho wad able to (barely) work the match he had against Piper, Snuka and Steamboat, so I can see him making Undie look marketable.

I can see Vince trying to appeal to the IWC, so I wouldn't count out ideas that may only please them. He put the US belt on Ryder and used his popularity to help Cena avoid getting so many boos, Vince is getting soft on our opinions.

I wouldn't be surprised if more than one prediction comes true. A double meaning if you will, like if Jericho ends the world by beating Punk or Undie but also ends up changing the WWE title to something that doesn't look like something that a giant chicken crapped out.

I honestly don't really want to see Jericho entered into the Rumble. The reason on my end is because if he's in it, we pretty much know he's gonna win and it'll basically spoil everything because the cat'll be let outta the bag, so to speak. I'd much rather see him do a run-in on Punk where it somehow costs Punk the title (even though I'm not yet sold on Ziggler), without Johnny Ace having to actually screw Punk and cost him his job. This is not saying I am a John fan, but in order to keep the product with him & CM Punk going on and then infusing Jericho into it so that there's more added would make sense.

So what this does is it gives Punk a chance without the title, to build a program with Chris Jericho. It can always lead to Ziggler losing the title right back to Punk at Elimination Chamber and then Jericho and Punk can have their match at WrestleMania. Figure in the fact that it's a SmackDown guy who wins the Royal Rumble and also the fact that the Rumble match itself is the last match at the pay-per-view. I'd just hate to see Jericho in the middle of the match and know it's only a matter of time before he eventually wins.

I don't post on here much but Jericho threads excite me!

I personally see Jericho winning the Royal Rumble match on Sunday night, and not letting us know which title he will chase. While at Elimination Chamber he is put in the Raw EC match for the WWE Championship. I see him winning this, leaving him to 'choose' the World Heavyweight Championship, leading to a Triple Threat match of Punk vs Bryan vs Jericho, for not only the WWE Undisputed Championship, but the title of 'Best in the World.'

To me, there is no more convincing way to say that you are the 'Best in the World' than to hold the Undisputed Championship.

This whole thing definitely has the look of another Jericho run at unifying the titles.

It could also be a stable with him at the front, somehow winding up with a couple guys at the end of the rumble eliminating themselves so that he can win. Laurainitis could be involved.

My guess is that he wins the rumble and challenges BOTH champions to a triple threat match at WM, with both titles on the line.

This is the prediction I was gonna make. The end of the World (championship) as you know it. He was the first undisputed champion and accomplished that by ending the WCW Championship when it was merged with the WWE Championship. I could se him wanting to do this once again. I find this original, different, and intriguing. Both championships in one match would open up some time for additional matches to be added to the Wrestlemania Card. The only downside is Daniel Bryan in the match. Maybe he can Bryan at the chamber then have an Undisputed match with Punk. Holy I am starting to rant lol.....but like I said an interesting idea.

Don't forget that Jericho walked out on Punk and Bryan the other week on Raw. So yeh, Undisputed Title does make sense I suppose. It leaves alot of people on the Smackdown brand with very little do though if true.

I expected a fatal 4 way for the World Title.

Jericho will win the RR. And he is going to end the world with his win.

Im thinking somehow he will win the Rumble. Maybe even win the MITB match at WM. Face Punk and Taker in the Same night for the Titles at WM28. Use his MITB to face Punk and his RR win to face Taker (presuming Taker is the WHC). Jericho wins both matches, Ending the Streak and becoming the Undisputed Champion again!

But im sure that my idea is so far fetched, its nuts. Or is is?

That would be the End of the World.

Jericho will win the RR. And he is going to end the world with his win.

Im thinking somehow he will win the Rumble. Maybe even win the MITB match at WM. Face Punk and Taker in the Same night for the Titles at WM28. Use his MITB to face Punk and his RR win to face Taker (presuming Taker is the WHC). Jericho wins both matches, Ending the Streak and becoming the Undisputed Champion again!

But im sure that my idea is so far fetched, its nuts. Or is is?

That would be the End of the World.

For Jericho to win the MITB, both belts and end the streak in the SAME NIGHT would be huge. But sorry, WWE wouldn't invest and give all that to a 40 something man who is only part time. It benefits neither side really...

Also, all that would overshadow the main event of Rock and Cena. That will be the focus point at WM28.

I've heard of this idea in the past, but now there is word that WWE is seriously considering a Y2J vs Taker match at wrestlemania.

So what if he means by the end of the world that he is going to win the Rumble, and instead of using his win to get a shot at a title, he wants a shot at Taker's streak? Jericho has already won the championship multiple times and was the first ever Undisputed Champ. He can go on about how he has done everything in the business and the only thing he has left to accomplish is to end the streak. Using the RR win to go after Taker would definitely be something different.

For Jericho to win the MITB, both belts and end the streak in the SAME NIGHT would be huge. But sorry, WWE wouldn't invest and give all that to a 40 something man who is only part time. It benefits neither side really...

Also, all that would overshadow the main event of Rock and Cena. That will be the focus point at WM28.

I agree with you that it is too far fetched to happen with Jericho, a 40 year old part timer. But I was just trying to think of the craziest, "End of the World as we know it" scenario.

And, that would be it.

I could envision a scenario where Punk gets screwed out of the title by JL and/or Jericho then JL immediately gives Jericho a title match against DZ in which Jericho wins. Punk then goes on to win the Royal Rumble setting up Punk vs. Jericho at WM with Jericho as Champion. I think everyone is assuming if they fight, Punk will be champion.

Y2J will once again be the undisputed champion at Royal Rumble. Remember what he flashed during the highlight reel? Those are the moments he held the title including the night he became the undisputed champion by beating Stone Cold and The Rock.

I don't know how, but what I believe is that CM Punk and Daniel Bryan will NOT walk out this sunday with their belts. Maybe the conspiracy storyline from before is related to this.

So what is your interpretation of "the end of the world as we know it"?

"This Sunday at the Royal Rumble. It's gonna be the END of THE WORLD as YOUknow it"

Who do we the wwe Universe the IWC see as the best in the world in the wwe right now? Jericho will end Punk at Royal Rumble. Punk proclaims he is the best in the world. Mark my words..Jericho walks out of the Royal Rumble WWE Champion. It only makes since. But i dont know about the undisputed title thing it would be awesome if he did win both in one night somehow. But hey he beat the Rock and Stone Cold in one night.

Jericho is trying to be unpredictable. Knowing that everybody is already penciling in Punk vs Jericho at Mania. You do wonder a little if they are going to go through with that. If Jericho cuts a promo at the RR, or wins the Rumble and demands to fight the undertaker. Something like that would really throw people off.

Maybe even having Triple H cut a promo at the Slammys about Taker was just a way of throwing off some fans by the WWE.

Jericho winning both the titles is dreaming FAR TOO MUCH. How many matches has Jericho wrestled after his return? 0. How many words has he spoken? 5. I hope people stop dreaming much because the best chance he has doing is winning the Rumble without breaking a sweat. Like 28 and 29 eliminate each other somehow and BANG! Jeritroll comes and trolls to death.

this is what i want to see from jericho if they arent planning on him vs punk at WM..

IF...IF they are planning for jericho to face the undertaker i want the rumble to go on normal like usual number 29 comes in and is randy orton the place pops because it is in st.louis he cleans house eliminates everyone else and then just waits..when the countdown begins..its a different countdown its the millennium countdown..the buzzer hits. the lights go out jericho comes in does his pose comes to the ring..gets in looks at randy, smirks and then eliminates himself.. randy wins. the next night jericho cuts a promo saying that he doesnt have to prove himself by winning a title again he has done everything.."i was the first undisputed champion dammit" then he says," the only thing i need is to end the streak, it is the end of the world as you know it" BOOM! mark out moment!
sry if somebody already thought of this i, i thought of it and didnt want to read all the posts. what do you guys think?

pt.2
or jericho is #2 since miz is already the 1st entrant then and lasts to be the final one before #30 comes out the countdown hits #30 is orton, orton hits the ring and jericho and orton just look at eachother then jericho eliminates himself..after being in the rumble for 60+ minutes

Right this thread crosses over into a lot of different places... The End of the world stuff, the Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, Wrestlemania, the Champions, etc, and as such I don't think it fits into one specific thread, hence why I've made it here.

I'm convinced that the new stipulation announced for the Royal Rumble where every active roster member is eligible is directly connected to Jericho's prophecy of the "World ending as we know it".

Except I'm now convinced that it is actually the World Heavyweight Championship that will be ending "as we know it".

Here's the scenario: The new Rumble stipulation sees Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Chris Jericho as the final 3 participants in the ring during the Rumble match. A tense stare-down occurs between the 3 men before once again Chris Jericho eliminates himself from the match, either taking out Daniel Bryan with him, or else hanging around after being eliminated and distracting Bryan to the point where Punk gets the win. Stage 1 of Chris Jericho's grand scheme is now in motion.

Next on the January 30th Raw the night after the Royal Rumble, Jericho finally comes clean, explains everything. He'll explain how he has watched CM Punk claim the title of "Best in the World". He'll explain how he watched Punk battle Cena both as champion and then claim to be the Undisputed Champion...

Remember this Monday gone he showed that video during his Highlight Reel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdj09yTXhL4

That video showed Chris Jericho being the one who rose through the ranks as "Best in the world" and that video showed Chris Jericho as the one true "Undisputed Champion".

Chris Jericho will announce that CM Punk is a fraud [according to him; heeling it up] and Chris Jericho will announce his intentions to take from Daniel Bryan the World Heavyweight Championship at Elimination Chamber and finish by warning CM Punk that he is coming for him and he is out to once and for all make it known that he is the Best in the World and the Undisputed Champion.

What do people think? Seems to fit right? or am I a deluded numpty?

Let me know :blush:

I see it this way

Jericho wins the Rumble then the next night he's in the ring with the two champions when he tells them

Sorry I didn't come back for your belts, I've done that I came back for one reason and one reason only - to end the streak. As the winner of the rumble I don't choose either champion I choose the Undertaker.

Firstly, someone needs to move this thread because it's still the same as all the others constantly being made about Jericho etc...

But as far as I'm concerned on the subject I'm actually amazed as to how well WWE are pulling this off.

Jericho returns, we knew it was going to happen so no surprise there.
Jericho still hasn't revealed his intentions, he's just teased something.

To me the most interesting part is notice how they're not really working the fans, they're working the IWC with this one. Vince is getting more in to using the internet and technology e.g. Twitter and the IWC are very vocal about what they like, dislike or just what they want to see.

Notice Brodus Clay...Talks and discussions non stop about how he will return, with a majority saying "monster heel". The E give us a huge flip and we get a happy, up-beat, dancing super heavyweight.

Jericho returns, and we all knew it however what if that was the intention? What if the IWC is the target audience for Jericho's return and storyline? Think about it, everyone is coming out with different ideas, yes a lot say Punk vs. Jericho or Jericho vs. Taker and a lot of ideas are roughly similar but does anyone seriously have any idea what they're going to do? The answer is no.

All we know is Jericho has said it will be the end of the world as we know it. Want to throw a spanner in the works, how about Jericho is the person that's been texting JL the whole time and Jericho may not actually wrestle? What if Jericho is just plugging Fozzy?

At the end of the day WWE is currently one-up on the IWC and I'm actually really intrigued in this angle because it's the first time in a long while for me that WWE isn't predictable in the slightest.

One problem to your theory: Unless Punk loses the title earlier in the night, there would be no reason for him to be in the Rumble. If he does lose his title and finds his way into the Rumble, I could see this working.

Nah he wasn't, i'm afraid.

There was definitely some face Jericho footage. I specifically remember him doing his face entrance on his most recent comeback (not this current one, obviously).

I think it's a good idea (OP). Not sure they'll do that, but I like it. Anything that creates one definitive champion is a good step in my eyes.

One problem to your theory: Unless Punk loses the title earlier in the night, there would be no reason for him to be in the Rumble. If he does lose his title and finds his way into the Rumble, I could see this working.

Actually, WWE has made it clear that even the World Champions can be in the Rumble this year

WWE is doing well with this whole storyline. Confusing as hell.

There are really 3 viable options:

1. Jericho wins rumble
2. Jericho let's Punk win Rumble (as someone mentioned)
3. Jericho works to win UC.

I'm probably wrong, but those are my guesses at least. It's so unpredictable. But we'll find out Sunday if I'm not mistaken. :)

This is a great theory but it wont happen. Cause IMO WWE is going for unpredictablity. They are gonna do sumthin that no one has thought about[hopefully]. I don't know what will happen but I know it'll be AWESOME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back