• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**MERGED** Championships WWE Should Consider (keep it in here!!)

WWE Junior Championship, could it work?

• Y'know what Steve, you might be onto something here...

• Na'h, let's keep the odd titles and maybe unify them, but that's it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paria

Dark Match Winner
I would only agree with unifying the US Championship and the IC Championship if the WWE would bring back the TV Championship. I mean, how often do we get to see a championship change on Raw or Smackdown? If we had a TV title again, like in the past, and it is only defended on TV, we would at least get to see a title change without having to pay 65 dollars. Thoughts?

I think they should just make the Internet championship legit and make it like a TV title. Have it defended each week on Raw or Smackdown, but let the fans vote online on who the challenger is each week.

no. I can't remember who the US champ is half the time, the intercontinental championship is no longer a jumping off point for smaller/future superstars, the tag championship is barely relevant (which saddens me), and they were actually considering bringing the cruiser weight title back for a minute (or its own show depending on what you believe).

Why not bring back the European championship if that's the attitude? Fuck it, everybody gets a belt!!!

We should have one world champion, one brand, one IC champ, a tag championship and maybe a womens title if it ever gets good again. but im an old fart that doesn't understand how things work anymore. I just know that the less of something there is the more special it feels. (interleague baseball reference?)

and im cool with an internet champion as long as its always Ryder, kind of like the million dollar man and his belt, or even Kurt angles medals (kinda).

but what is the point of bringing back the TV title? if you unify the IC and US title, and then bring back the TV title, you still have 2 titles. They could do a title change on either of those. and there is no guarantee you are going to see a title change. Devon has had the title for months now - all you are seeing are title matches every week. you could have that now with any title. and to bring it back as an additional title just waters things down. same thing with the Internet championship. the titles they have are not being used properly so why bring in more? right now wwe needs to properly use what they already have, not bring in more titles. I agree that a ppv is a bit expensive but bringing back a title just to see it change hands free on tv is a waste.

You know. Back in 1999, I think a Television Title would of been awesome. Then again, they had the European Title and didn't do much with it.

I loved the Television Title in the WCW days. It was a good belt, and had a lot of great matches involved. It had a lot of value in it. Too bad having a title in the WWE doesn't mean much.

I would rather see those US and IC titles defended, and have meaning. When you have your US champion in a tuxedo match with a ring announcer, you know your title doesn't mean shit. But hey, if you have more twitter followers, you get more TV time. That's a lot more potent in building talent then giving them a belt!

In conclusion. WWE has too many belts. They don't know what to do with them. Look back at Summer Slam 92. Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect for the IC championship. The crowd was into it, from start to finish. That was just a mid-card match. Now look at today's product. Christian vs. Cody Rhodes. They are very good wrestlers... But no one really cared. Why is that? Because WWE titles don't matter... But if they have 2 million likes on facebook. Well, you got a match at the next PPV.

The more titles, the less prestigious they are. So absolutely do not clutter an already cluttered mid-card with another mediocre title.

They should have 1 main world title, 1 mid-card (US/Intercontinental), 1 tag team, 1 women.

This formula seemed to work back in a time that no longer exists, so it would work again. In my opinion, the lesser the titles to give makes each one worth something, and when the titles are actually meaningful, it improves your product.

There would be no longer a mediocre world title reign because only the best get the title, and it's entertaining to see. It would allow for other feuds to be thought up not involving boring title matches. Unfortunately it calls for WWE creative to think and work hard, but it does improve your product.

When WWE is ready, they'll do it. They know what they're doing, even if it sucks to watch.

I think a TV title would be a very good idea. Some of the lower mid-card talents might have a chance to bask in the spotlight for a change. I think it would be a great title to be around when the current crop of NXT/FCW wrestlers come up to the main roster. However, I do have to correct something as far as the title post is concerned; the WWWF/WWF/WWE has never had a TV title. Every other territory but the WWE has had a TV title, even the AWA in it's dying days. Regardless of semantics of this post title, a TV title would be a good idea.

HELL FUCKING NO!!

The IC and US title and Divas titles dont get enough TV time as it is. Dont bring a title back to have it defended each week on TV. TNA can do that because they give each title enough time and dedication. WWE doesnt. Fuck that, put the Divas title on TV more, have the IC champ atleast show the belt and cut a promo. Have the US title be defended more and the IC title should close SummerSlam this year. Why not have Lesnar vs HHH be next to last, have Cena vs Punk for the WWE title, have Sheamus vs Barrett for the World title (Ziggler cash in, face turn, leaves Vickie), and have Brian vs Jericho for the IC belt close the show ala Bret/Bulldog and talk up that match being a technical wrestling clinic and have it be a match of tech respect and them wanting to outdo that match and both men begging and pushing to close the show, bringing importance back of the prestige of the belt!

now instead of two world title matches and a non title marquee match you have a HUGE MAIN EVENT IC title bout with historic mimicry value with two of the greatest technical wrestlers of all time, wanna add, make Bret the referee and have the match in dedication to the memory of Davey Boy Smith.

If you want, build a match between Daniel and Tyson Kidd with Hart in his corner since he's on a role and Y2J can be in a big feud with Kane or something non title and make the card bigger

I want more time for the belts we have now and eventually you gotta put the belt on AJ, just not now, she needs to blossom on her own still THEN take the belt.

Layla needs to hold that belt and stay dominant, we already know Kelly is over, AJ's over moreso than Kelly as a character now, plus Kelly doesnt really have character like AJ or Eve and it's not a knock on her, she's beloved and doesnt need a gimmick, that's even better, but this is the beginning of good things for Divas and fuck you who hate them, I'm a Divas man and I'm happy!

So no, no TV title to take time away from others, AND the tag division looks to be getting pushed more, great!

I, like one of the previous posters said, would like to see the US and IC belts defended on a regular basis. Adding another title would even further devalue the belts they have. I loved the old WCW TV title. It was an important belt. I wouldn't want them to bring it back now because it would be nothing more than just another title.

I know this seems a stupid idea. But why not use the Internet Championship? I mean you can change the design. Have the champion defend his title on every Pay Per View youtube preshow.

I know this seems a stupid idea. But why not use the Internet Championship? I mean you can change the design. Have the champion defend his title on every Pay Per View youtube preshow.

Thats not a bad idea that actually, although there are too many belts for WWE to cope with at the moment.

Me personally I would unify the IC and US Titles. Then bring back the Cruiserweight Title to be used religiously on the WWE Network or on Smackdown every week. WWE's stock on Cruiserweights could be argued to be at an all time high - Cara, Gabriel, Kidd, Bourne, Ryder, Kingston, Hunico, Yoshi not forgetting superstars like Christian, Rey and Bryan who could add some prestige IF needed.

I dont agree the WWE/World Titles should be unified. I think thats an awful idea. Too much mid/main eventers will be chasing 1 belt. Look at the last 12 months WITHOUT John Cena in the title picture!

Del Rio, Punk, Jericho, Bryan, Henry, Christian, Orton, Big Show, Sheamus, Ziggler, Kane have all been around the Title picture either winning or challenging for titles. How could you involve all of them in 1 Title picture?

What is the point of unifying 2 titles to bring in a new one other than spending money. Just give the titles more meaning then they currently do also it would be the 1st time WWE would have the TV title so bring back is the wrong wording yes i know they own WCW and they had the TV title . However I think this is a bad idea when the current US title is a joke what makes anyone think replacing it with a TV title or anyother title will make it any different. The only title I would even consider being ok to do this with is either the cruiserwieght or light heavyweight championship.

What is the point of unifying 2 titles to bring in a new one other than spending money. Just give the titles more meaning then they currently do also it would be the 1st time WWE would have the TV title so bring back is the wrong wording yes i know they own WCW and they had the TV title . However I think this is a bad idea when the current US title is a joke what makes anyone think replacing it with a TV title or anyother title will make it any different. The only title I would even consider being ok to do this with is either the cruiserwieght or light heavyweight championship.

The point is simple really, the IC and US titles are equals. They are ranked equally, merge them and then bring in a lower ranked title could benefit. It can be passed around the likes of Santino and can give those in the lower ranks on Superstars or upcoming on NxT a chance to feud for a title and build up their career through the ranks.
At the moment the title situation in WWE is messed up. The WWE title is the number 1 title, its the big guns with only a select elite capturing it. The World Title has somewhat becoming the level of the what the IC title was, a title used to develop wrestlers to become WWE champion. Then you have the IC and US titles which just seemed like an after thought when it comes to booking at times, the US title is practically become pointless and ran its course. The IC title on the otherhand at least has someone wanting to win it in Cody and someone holding it who when he choose to fight Cody pretty much slated the US title.

At the moment its WWE > WHC > IC > US, does the US title need to be in such a low level or should it belong in the history books and a lesser title brought in. Of course the argument brought forward would be house shows and that both brands need one world title and one midcard title but its a terrible idea when both brands are one now on tv.

Del Rio, Punk, Jericho, Bryan, Henry, Christian, Orton, Big Show, Sheamus, Ziggler, Kane have all been around the Title picture either winning or challenging for titles. How could you involve all of them in 1 Title picture?
The same way they use to, not everyone challenging for the belt. Outside title feuds (like they have done with Cena and kept him relevant). More than one on one matches and finally stop bringing up wrestlers who are not ready to be brought up to the title picture. Ziggler was brought up too early but luckily recovered to a point that he is ready. The problem is now all of them have faced each other and there is no big pay off because all of them are constantly being used in the title picture, either thrown in randomly or played to death. Punk v Bryan should be matches saved for events like Wrestlemania not the cheap PPVs over and over. Not everyone needs to be holding a World Title but I'm pretty sure the current roster has the largest amount of former World Champions than ever before and how many of those were remembered?

There's no need to have the Television title. Outside of the WWE and World champion, the WWE doesn't promote other belts.

One can something about the outragous TNA storylines, but at least they try to promote all their champions equally. In the WWE, titles are generally only defended on ppv's.

The same way they use to, not everyone challenging for the belt. Outside title feuds (like they have done with Cena and kept him relevant). More than one on one matches and finally stop bringing up wrestlers who are not ready to be brought up to the title picture.

It wouldnt work today because todays Superstars need building off Title wins and angles to be taken serious. Back 10 years ago you had a much stronger roster who could go off and pull incredible and exciting angles without the need for the title. Today it just wouldnt be as compelling. 2 titles needed IMO.

Good idea but not having a TV title is what made them different. They base their mid weight division titles in a global manner. This shows how they've expanded and how Vince didn't want to expand WWE over a single territory, but all around the world.

As far as the unification is concerned, I think it's a bad idea. The reason there is 2 titles is because more superstars have more to do. If there is one title/a unification only some guys would be fighting for the title, but what about everyone else? We don't want guys like Ziggler and Rhodes fighting on WWE's thursday show every week!

Maybe the titles can change more often on RAW/Smackdown. This way we don't have to pay $65. Maybe they can do something like Open Fight Night on TNA once a month. So basically they have a special RAW/Smackdown, one a month. That could be the week where both of the secondary division titles could be defended forcefully, like in Open Fight Night; you get called out and then you HAVE to fight. But on this show, they could do a match for the titles which are already booked in advanced so we know who the challenger is. Also, the challenger could be decided on votes, McMahon's decision or the champs choice.
That would be good for both belts and we can see a new champion more often.

BTW, I am not saying they can only be defended on that night but PPV's as well. Decent champions too, I don't want to see a boring wannabe comedian as a title holder every week.:shrug:

I like the idea of a real Internet title, though perhaps renamed to something along the lines of "the WWE Universe Challenge Championship". Have it defended every week on a WWE internet show, and have it *only* defended there, preferably against a different opponent every week.

As for a TV title: we have the US Belt on Santino's comedy act. That should be proof that they can't credibly elevate the belts they have on regular TV. However, an Internet strap would be different enough from what we've got that it could serve as fodder for interesting feuds and good matches.

This is an interesting topic.

I have been thinking about this for a while lately. The main thing I have been thinking is they no longer need the US title. They also no longer need the World Heavyweight Title.

Before when the brands, Raw and Smackdown and their roster were very separate it made sense to have a 'top prize' (WHC, WWE) and 'middle prize' (IC, US) for each brand. They even had separate tag titles, which again, when the brands were very separate made sense. But for years now they have had unified tag titles and more in the last few months it has become very evident that there is no brand separation. I mean, you used to be able to go on WWE.com and see the Superstars and they would be divided up by brand but now they are not. They are just all WWE Superstars and have no connection to a particular brand.

With that being the case having a WHC and WWE Title makes both seem less important and less prestigious. Same with having and IC title and US title.

They should merge WHC and WWE title - to just have the WWE Title and merge the IC with the US title to just have the IC title. Tag Titles are fine as is.

Some people say that makes for too few championships and doesn't give enough wrestlers enough to do? Really? Well, actually it would give every Superstar a lot more focus! And, personally, I would love to see it lead to more Triple Threat, Fatal 4-Ways, Championship Scramble and Six Pack Challenge matches. I love those and the reason there isn't those anymore very much is because there are too many titles and writers don't seem to devote time to making storylines or many contenders for each title.

Now, to answer the main topic question I think I would like to see a TV title brought into WWE and have it defended every week (either Raw or Smackdown) but I don't think it will ever happen unless TNA goes under so WWE can take that idea but not seem like they took it from them.

I'd personally LOVE to see the Hardcore title come back, I loved those matches but with WWE being PG it would be hard for them to justify bringing it back.

So that pretty much leaves the Cruiserweight title, which I also loved but seeing as there really isn't very many Cruiserweights in WWE I don't think it is very likely.

WWE can just reduce their titles down to:

1 WWE Championship
1 Intercontinental Championship
1 WWE Tag Team Championship
1 Divas Championship

Re-build the Tag Division so there are a number of interesting teams. Make it so a lot of Superstars want to challenge for the IC title and have many multiple competitor matches. Then personal feuds can develop, which can also be interesting if done right.

What would the point be to bringing another title, in fact, they should get rid of a couple of titles, unify the WWE and WHC titles and the IC and U.S titles, the less titles the more prestige they will have, why would the WWE want to become a WCW with basicly a title for everything, they had like 5 single titles, world, U.S. and cruiserweight tag titles and the women's title, that is why a champion was not worth much in WCW unless it was a big star, so why would the WWE bring another title, they shouldn't.......

The thing about the TV Title is while it's a good idea to get one guy over, you can't really have feuds for it (or at least even feuds for it). I like the concept, but the thing is since it's defended every week you can't have a build up to a match at a PPV, which kinda, I feel, diminishes the value.

On the other hand I do like the idea, and it's a good title, I just don't think it should replace the US or IC Titles. I think it works well in TNA, but I'm not sure how well it's work in WWE, especially if the defenses would have to be on all TV, so on Raw AND Smackdown. It'd turn into one guy never losing real fast, which will get people complaining.

My opinion is that they should bring that Television title back to WWE. Or create a genuine Internet title. Either way, it'd be good for the title to be defended every week, like in TNA.

But, with the WWE not knowing what to do with the US title, for example, they could unify it with the IC title, in order that they don't have too many championships (and turn into dead weight, like some did in the past). This way, the IC title would have even more value to the holder. And the TV title would be active/defended weekly.

People like watching title matches. The TV championship would be perfect for that. Have the WWE put it on someone who the fans love to see or love to hate on a regular basis.

The WWE creative team could easily build different set ups or storylines with this title and make it worthy and fun. What would be left to see is IF the creative team can do such a thing...

I'm not interested in seeing another singles title. It's hard enough for the US and IC titles to work their way onto a ppv card without having another championship crowd the field. If you ask me, they need to get rid of the United States and World Heavyweight Championships. This is the WWE, and while it's nice to see nods to the NWA/WCW now and then I don't think they need these titles anymore and would rather see them promote their own original championships. Especially considering Brand Extension is dead.

It would seem like a good idea at first. But after awhile WWE would forget all about it and give it to a Santino, and make him defend it on Superstars every week. WWE doesn't give a shi* about their U.S. and Intercontinental championships, so why would the give a flying fuc* about a Television Championship. I mean I'm all for it, but it should mean something. If they gave it to an upper-card superstar and have good championship matches every week with midcard to uppercard guys, then hell yeah. But we all know how WWE is.

I don't want the IC and USA championship unified, but they're ruining the USA title's legacy, so I'd just like to see it scrapped completely - thus bringing in the TV championship, if WWE is not hooked on the cruiser weights after all. I'd like the idea of an Internet championship too, being defended on every YT preshow, but that just means no PPV for the champ, the preshow's thing is - however to book talent that they just can't fit on the card. TV title would be a good idea for the three hour raw.

"Bring back...." is like IWC staple number 3,335 that I hate.

I don't think they should bring shit back. I like the idea of the internet champion. That's more relevant. Have fans vote on opponents and occassionally, on stipulations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back