• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Match of the Week

This match wasn't just great, but epic, which is the highest compliment I give to any wrestling match. The simplicity of the storyline that led to it was what really made it awesome, as this was simply a match of pure wrestling between two pure talents for pure vengeance.

The match itself seemed somewhat reminiscent of WM 15.... until the end. The Austin Heel turn was fairly executed with Vince to further his journey into being a heel. The chair thing that FINALLY put the Rock down....eh....didn't like it. It didn't have what I like to call the "Struck With Finalty" ending I was looking for. It looked like the heel Austin was just jabbing him with the chair before pinning him. Excellent Wrestlemania match, but one of the few that didn't end with one wrestler being "Struck With Finalty."

A match that earns the highest compliment of Epic, in my book. This was the one match that had Lesnar in it that actually had me watching, especially the botched Shooting Star Press. I respect the hell out of him for finishing with a concussion, and I've always respected Kurt Angle for his phenomenal wrestling ability. Normally the whole Powerhouse vs Techincal Wrestler ends with a predictable match up, but not this time. And this was a match that which saw one wrestler (don't want to tell any newbie here who won.) "Struck With Finalty."

I'm a fan of Trips, and always did like the charisma of The Great One. Both matches are great, and both can always have such dramatic finishes. In a two out of three falls, near the end of the match when both guys have one fall, normally everything starts to see-saw wildly to the point where you actually don't know whose gonna win. That's drama. Or when one guy is barely reaching the top of the ladder while the other is just crawling towards the bottom rung... priceless, especially when the guy who looks beat at the bottom somehow manages to get to the top in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back