• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Match of the week

Without a doubt the match of the week this week simply has to go to Rey Mysterio and John Morrison on this week's edition of Smackdown. They went out there and tore the damn house down for 20+ minutes in one of the best matches I've seen from the WWE this year. God it seems every single week we're always picking a great match from Smackdown here! This is yet another example of that. I loved that match, probably give it 4/5 stars, PPV quality stuff. The way the WWE executed this match was perfect, from giving Morrison a huge rub from beating Rey, to the handshake and hug after the match, to the extended celebration of Morrison with the title....simply one of the best moments I've seen on WWE television this year.

Honorable mention goes to the six-man tag main event from ROH on HDNet this week.

The Morrison vs. Mysterio match was one I've been waiting on for quite a while now. I'm shocked we didn't get some of this last year when we had Mysterio vs. Miz and Morrison/Miz vs. Michaels/Rey on Raw, but it was well worth the wait and used in a way that people will remember it as another one of JoMo's break-out matches. Sure, I was hoping the whole way through that Rey actually wasn't going to get suspended and he would get that long reign I was praying for. That said, it's not as though Morrison winning bugged me. Great match and he's a special talent who deserves to be where he is, unlike the Zigglers of this world. My hat would be off to both men if I wore one.

I going to go with a different match this week, from a completely different promotion. Of course I am talking about AJ Styles v. Chris Sabin. AJ Styles proves once again that he is the best in ring worker in wrestling today and Chris Sabin showed that he should be a singles wrestler right now. Great back and forth action with some sick moves, including a great running knee by Sabin into the corner. Then ending was superb, as AJ slammed Sabin to the mat like he was Hogan or something. Plus, Alex Shelley was on commentary during the whole match, which was a plus.

Honorable mentions go to Morrison/Mysterio as well as AJ/Doug Williams.

...Damn I thought this was only picking the TV match of the week, I wasn't aware we were including PPVs into the mix!

I think PPVs count, with Sunday being considered the last day of the week.

The A.J./Sabin match was good, but Mysterio/Morrison is clearly the right answer. I've seen PPV main events that weren't that good. There were false finishes, innovative moves/counters, and intense action. I really think this is a match of the year candidate. Great job from both of these guys.

I'm going with the trend. Morrison vs Mysterio was one of the best matches that I have seen in a long time. It had everything that you could want from a great match. Loved the ending, Rey going for the hurricanerana off the top, only to be counter into starship pain...

A little late bring for this, but whatever. This would be for last week, including Breaking Point, but not Raw last night.

Actually, I only watched like 3 wrestling matches all week, so I'm probably missing some pretty good ones, but I'll just go by what I saw.

The best match I saw last week was John Cena v. Cody Rhodes on Raw. Why was this the Match of the Week for me? Maybe cause all the other matches I saw were shit, but maybe because it was pretty good. I thought that Rhodes did a good job of playing the cowardly heel for the whole match and there was some solid in ring work.

Plus, the crowd was really into it. However, the BS Orton interfernce and DQ ending kinda ruined it. Either way, still a pretty good match, one of Cody's best anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back