Married Woman

Back off, seriously. I've been in this situation, I went with it against my better judgement, it ended very badly for everyone concerned. Probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life and something I deeply regret.

I'm not a psychologist, but last time I checked cheating on your significant other is not traditional married behavior... at least in America (I'm looking at you, France). Now sometimes it can be rationalized, but rarely (if ever) justified. If she has no trouble rationalizing something that's morally wrong like cheating on your husband, she might be more likely to rationalize stalking you or becoming possessive.

Fair point

But it could just be something as smple as just feeling Horny or wanting to explore other options (if you know what I mean) and with this girl that Xemmy is talking about it is probably just a case of being young and naive when the thought of marriage came into her head she probably imagined marriage to be a fairytail were she would spend the rest of her life with the husband and he would be out working while she would be the perfect housewife while raising 2 or 3 kids and every honeymoon they would go out for a romantic meal in an italian resturant and all that good stuff but maybe just now the reality has kicked in a she has these "urges" so to speak that she cannot no longer fight against

Her being young, naive, and horny makes it less likely that she'll be a crazy, but more objectively wrong.

Her being young, naive, and horny makes it less likely that she'll be a crazy.

Stupid is a kind of crazy.
You know what these impetuous young girls are like, they jump in and regret things later. In this case her regret leads to a rather unpleasant threesome because she went home and confessed to her husband, that is if he doesn't beat her around a bit first and then deal with Beau.
Fucking kids! They have no perception of consequence.

I'm not a psychologist, but last time I checked cheating on your significant other is not traditional married behavior... at least in America
Yes it is. Usually I hear studies suggesting over 60% of men in America cheat and 40-50% of women. I think that's right.

That's really disturbing. Cheating as in having a sexual affair or something else?

Nah, pretty sure he is on about sex.

You should hear the way most people talk, its like its not even an object at all.

Im suprised the percentages arent slightly higher, to be honest. Sound about right though.

I would have guessed about 65% men, 30% women, but yea.

That's terribly depressing. I watched this episode of Frontline in one of my classes today about sex in the media, and it sparked a discussion from my class about how disgustingly watered down sex has become. The media took one of the last things sacred to human beings and managed to commercialize it. Absolutely horrific.

Yes it is. Usually I hear studies suggesting over 60% of men in America cheat and 40-50% of women.

These statistics would suggest it is common prevalent behavior, but I still don't consider it "traditional" behavior. Maybe just semantics I guess, and maybe I'm old fashioned, but the thought of marriage infidelity is disgusting if you ask me.

I dont even know if I would go THAT low. Just thinking of my personal experience, and everyone i know, its probably closer to between 80 - 85% if the person was presented with the proper oppurtunity.

If its a person attractive enough, and it was simply a matter of principle, and there is NO WAY their spouse would ever find out....yea, probably 85% guys, 60% women. Entirely confident.

Its not the concept of cheating that holds the percentages down, rather the consequences of being caught. Which is even more sad, if you think about it

Oh, it's WAY more sad without even putting too much thought into it.

This thread has become horribly depressing. Like, I want to be a married man one day, and now I'm learning that there's a 60% chance my wife will cheat on me? Those are not good odds!

Fuck you, Xenemas, there's no way you should have sex with this woman.

You seemed to have already made up your mind before you posted this thread. But I know from personal experience that finding out your significant other has been cheating on you can be so damaging to your psyche. I had and still have very low self-esteem because of being cheated on by someone who I put my full trust in. I could only imagine how I would feel if I had been married to the girl, something that is a dedication of trust and shows how much he truly cared about his wife that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. If she doesn't want to be with him, that's understandable, it happens. But for you to even consider being apart of this and possibly being the one to put the nail in the coffin kind of makes you a fucked up person. I don't know you and won't pretend to but it's a pretty low and fucked up thing to do.

Do it if you think it feels right. Be a man about it, though. If her husband finds out about it and rearranges your face, realize that you deserved what you had coming to you.

Oh, it's WAY more sad without even putting too much thought into it.

This thread has become horribly depressing. Like, I want to be a married man one day, and now I'm learning that there's a 60% chance my wife will cheat on me? Those are not good odds!

Fuck you, Xenemas, there's no way you should have sex with this woman.

Dude, don't worry about it. If you want one really solid piece of advice, here it is: unless you're middle-aged or older, don't marry someone that you love just as much or more than they love you. Western society is all about the individual. Young adults in North America, Australia, and Western Europe feel invincible and as if the sky's the limit for them. It's only when middle-aged memento-mori kicks in that they realize it's worth having someone stick around.

Prepare yourself for that fact that you're probably going to be married at least twice and pray to the heavens that the kids you'll likely have during your first marriage won't be fucked in the head from their parents' separation.

You sound like my production teacher. He was a producer on a few motion pictures, and he miraculously has stayed married to the same woman through his entire career. He only recently reconciled with his son, though, who didn't talk to him for years because he was never around. He also said that he's the only person he knows of in the industry that hasn't been married at least twice.

Not the life I had dreamed up for myself to say that least. Then again, how often do dreams come true?

That's terribly depressing. I watched this episode of Frontline in one of my classes today about sex in the media, and it sparked a discussion from my class about how disgustingly watered down sex has become. The media took one of the last things sacred to human beings and managed to commercialize it. Absolutely horrific.

I wish I would have been in that class because I would have been ripping fools apart left and right.

Why is sex sacred? What's so impressive about sex that makes it the holy grail of human interaction? With contraception being so prevalent and affordable these days, why should we consider sex to be so taboo?

I can't speak on other countries, but America has ALWAYS had such ridiculous notions about the human body and sex. To the point where we have literally ostracized and incarcerated people for doing a natural act which feels wonderful.

I'll be the first to speak up about "****ty" people, but not because sex is taboo, but because so many times it shows a lack of personal pride and self-esteem. As if these people can only achieve a measure of self-worth by acting ****ty or wearing ****ty clothes. But the physical act of sex itself is hardly something to hold upon a pedestal as "sacred".

Sex doesn't have to be sacred, but it also shouldn't be watered down to nothingness, especially for teenagers who are confused enough about their sexuality as is.

I realize I said that it's the last sacred thing to human beings, but I used sacred to incorporate a lot of things that used to be pure, not just sex. Things like marriage, friendship, pride, self-confidence, success... all used to be sacred things that people strived to achieve. Now the media has trained us to believe that you can buy these things or gain them by acting like a douchebag on television.

Sex doesn't have to be sacred, but it also shouldn't be watered down to nothingness, especially for teenagers who are confused enough about their sexuality as is.

Why? What's so special about sex? Assuming birth control is in place, what's the difference between two friends hanging out at the movies, or two friends having sex?

Why? What's so special about sex? Assuming birth control is in place, what's the difference between two friends hanging out at the movies, or two friends having sex?

Because you're at your most vulnerable when you're having sex, both physically and emotionally. You're trusting the other person to want to be with you as badly as you want to be with them, to treat you the way you treat them, to respect you as much as you respect them.

If you think sex isn't a big deal, then why are you telling Xenemas not to have it with a married woman? After all, what's the difference between him seeing a movie with this woman and having sex with her?

Because you're at your most vulnerable when you're having sex, both physically and emotionally.
Only emotionally because that's what we've been conditioned to believe. I assure you there are plenty of people in this world who aren't emotionally defenseless during sex.

If you think sex isn't a big deal, then why are you telling Xenemas not to have it with a married woman? After all, what's the difference between him seeing a movie with this woman and having sex with her?

How about the violation of trust between her and her husband? That's a silly question JGlass. I'm not telling Xenemas to not have sex with a woman, I'm telling him not to have sex with a married woman. There's an INCREDIBLE difference between the two.

Sex sure as shit should not be a taboo, especially in society like it is today. It's human nature for fuck's sake. Why should we look down on something we use for reproduction (and pleasure)?

As far as the married female, I'd steer clear of that. But then again, I don't like unnecessary drama and this situation would definitely cause that.

Only emotionally because that's what we've been conditioned to believe. I assure you there are plenty of people in this world who aren't emotionally defenseless during sex.

I don't disagree with that, and that's good for them. However, I disagree that we're conditioned to believe that you should be emotionally vulnerable during sex, especially with the way it's represented in mainstream media.

And how about when the sex stops? If two friends are having sex for a while and one of them decides to stop, the other one is almost certainly going to feel rejected and hurt.

How about the violation of trust between her and her husband? That's a silly question JGlass. I'm not telling Xenemas to not have sex with a woman, I'm telling him not to have sex with a married woman. There's an INCREDIBLE difference between the two.

I think it's a silly question too, but you're the one that equated sex to seeing a movie. By your measure he shouldn't be able to see a movie with her either, unless of course the rules suddenly change when marriage is involved.

Seriously, though, I don't think there's anything wrong with making sex special. The specialer it becomes, the more meaning it has, and in a world where everything loses meaning more and more each year (just look at those marriage statistics you posted), it's nice to have something that can still be somewhat sacred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back