• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LSN80

Damn, Pancakes mom is taking a pounding from everyone on the board.

I guess that's not so different from real life then, huh?

Man, what started as an XBL joke has become a full blown revolution. We are fucking all powerful. Now we just need to plan our next takeover

A shame the MMA section was absorbed in the Sports section. You would have been a damn fine mod there. I would have purposely spammed pro Mir posts the whole time just to test your allegiance to him :p

Thanks bro, I would have been happy to do that but frankly I'm just pissed about the section being gone Mod or not. That place aside from the MMA GSD is why I'm here, right now I feel like breaking something.

That would have had me so mixed up haha, probably would have let it slide :rolleyes:

You do know you can still post MMA in the Sports Stadium. There will be stickied threads of upcoming major shows.

Yeah, just sucks that it got absorbed. Like it's not important enough to deserve a section, frustrating. That'd be to most people on this site like having the the WWE or TNA section thrown into the General Wrestling. That section was my true love on WZ.

I get that, but at the end of the day there were about 5 people who regularly posted in there. That's not really enough to warrant its own section.

I get that, but at the end of the day there were about 5 people who regularly posted in there. That's not really enough to warrant its own section.

Yeah, I get that too just fuckin sucks. I'm not giving you crap for it, I get that it's warranted but it blows. Considering how fast MMA is growing I was waiting for that section to explode, unfortunately nobody goes to a pro wrestling site looking for that. The most ironic part is that the MMA guys on here although very few are more knowledgeable and better guys than just about everyone on any MMA forum.

Well the thing is it's downsized a bit over the last year. It was big enough that we made it its own forum, then we added boxing and now we need to put it back into the Sports Stadium. With Brock and GSP gone at the moment, the interest isn't nearly as high as it was about two years ago.

Yeah I've noticed, the last few months have sucked in terms of people posting and regular guys. Brock may be gone but there's still plenty going on, Brock was huge as is GSP but there is plenty to be excited about aside from them. The rise of Ronda Rousey and Women's MMA, the Lightweight division is as crazy and exciting as ever and the 125ers are about to have their first champ. Hopefully that stuff will get MMA some more attention on the forums.

If it does get big again and there are enough threads made about it and activity about it, we'll look at making it a separate forum again.

Yeah, just sucks that it got absorbed. Like it's not important enough to deserve a section, frustrating. That'd be to most people on this site like having the the WWE or TNA section thrown into the General Wrestling. That section was my true love on WZ.

I know you're just venting, but I want to point out that soccer, baseball, football or basketball do not have their own forum either.

I'm pretty certain soccer and American football are easily bigger sports than MMA. Like I said, I know you're just venting, just pointing that out.

We hope you do. You likely would have been offered the mod spot if we had kept it separate.

Thanks KB, I appreciate it. Honestly I care more about the success of the section than getting the mod spot but if I could help more by holding that position I would have been happy to. Hopfully in the future, thanks again.

I know you're just venting, but I want to point out that soccer, baseball, football or basketball do not have their own forum either.

I'm pretty certain soccer and American football are easily bigger sports than MMA. Like I said, I know you're just venting, just pointing that out.

Yeah I know, you got that right haha. If I were new around here I'd say you're not going to find many football, soccer and other fans coming here to talk about that stuff, but then again they've got a surprisingly good following on here. Most are here for the wrestling then find that, kind of like how I got here and saw the MMA section. I just hope that can happen some more with MMA, but yeah I know that my section was lucky to be there in the first place. Guess I'll have to start recruiting :shrug:

I've always wondered why MMA had its own moderator, while the broader Sports Stadium section did not. And if sections such as sports or M&T do not produce enough traffic to deserve a moderator, why do the sections even exist?

I mean, it's obvious why the spam sections don't have a mod, but I would have assumed these other sections would have had one. They did in the past, did they not?

I've always wondered why MMA had its own moderator, while the broader Sports Stadium section did not. And if sections such as sports or M&T do not produce enough traffic to deserve a moderator, why do the sections even exist?

I mean, it's obvious why the spam sections don't have a mod, but I would have assumed these other sections would have had one. They did in the past, did they not?

The sections more or less modded themselves. No one really stood out as the top guy in either section and the threads were being made regularly. The G-Mods and Sly/myself would take care of the rare spam in there, so why add a mod with nothing for him to do?

The sections more or less modded themselves. No one really stood out as the top guy in either section and the threads were being made regularly. The G-Mods and Sly/myself would take care of the rare spam in there, so why add a mod with nothing for him to do?

Big Sexy and Mitch Hennesey might disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back