• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looks like a Record Rating is on the way.....

Baximus

Pie Eater AND Jabroni Beater
Impact averaged 1.9 million viewers over the course of last night's show, the highest average this year.

Source: http://www.tnastars.com/2010/10/15/early-tna-impact-ratings-1014-huge-gains/

If the viewership patterns are the exact same as last week (not gonna happen), then this would be the equivalent of a 1.49 rating, HIGHER THAN HOGAN'S JANUARY 4TH DEBUT SHOW!

Either way, this is clearly going to eclipse the 1.4 barrier and is a great sign for TNA's growth in the future. People are interested, now it is up to them to capitalize on it.

I can't wait to see the breakdowns of viewership.

Fantastic news, but absolutely expected. They're coming off the biggest PPV of the year in which a highly controversial angle occurred in the closing minutes of the show with little explanation — suffice it to say, folks were interested in understanding why what happened happened at the very least.

I actually expect the next few weeks to show rather high ratings for them as well.

I think that is awesome news also. I think it's only a matter of time before IMPACT/RAW rating are reversed. That is if WWE RAW stay's on the pg path. TNA is definately geared more towards the adult's....

Congrat's to TNA, and hope they continue to grow in rating's

Last week's ratings have been tallied higher due to DVR.

"In a bit of very welcome news for TNA Wrestling, approximately 200,000 additional viewers have been added to the final tally of last Thursday’s episode of iMPACT! Overall, this brings the total viewership for last Thursday’s episode to 1,900,000.

If the 200,000 additional viewers were factored into last Thursday’s rating, then the show would have averaged a 1.49 rating for the night. In terms of comparison, a 1.49 rating would have been the highest rating that iMPACT! received for all of 2010 and – actually – the highest average rating that the show has ever received."

http://www.tnastars.....ct-viewership/

SmackDown's Syfy debut drew only 2.5 million viewers.

I think that is awesome news also. I think it's only a matter of time before IMPACT/RAW rating are reversed. That is if WWE RAW stay's on the pg path. TNA is definately geared more towards the adult's....

I guess you've never heard of the fallacy of extrapolation? I fail to see what is so different about the TNA product that was routinely drawing 1.1's for about the last 6 months that all of a sudden they are going to triple their viewership on a weekly basis.

Yea dude...no. This is a good thing for TNA but there's no way we're gonna see a drastic shift in the viewership anytime soon. WWE still has a much MUCH bigger fanbase than TNA and it will be that way for a loooong time...if not forever.

I hope you mean in years maybe a decade? not soon....WWE has the money to practically buy ratings! And with Cena doing guest spots on the biggest kids show right now Hannah Montana more kids will be drawed in...im not saying TNA will never have higher ratings than WWE...i mean Detroit Lions won a game!! George Bush had a high approval rating at one time!!! So anything is possible....TNA beating RAW in the ratings will be like The Flubs (opps sorry cubs) winning a world series...it will take a LONG time! but you have to start somewhere and they have a start with these recent ratings

Well people can say what they will. I would like to give credit for someone having a crack at a long-term story which everybody wanted to unhinge becasue nobody was exactly sure where it would lead and who was behind it all. People may not see TNA as rich as it was 1 year ago but it is certainly doing something right in the end, now next week a far greater proportion of wrestling but continue existing storylines and we may well see that trend continue. I'm gutted the tag division didnt even get a look in that really is TNA's best division currently aside from world title divison since x-divison going to shit

But honestly I think if the trend does continue and it will take years probably at least five for TNA to approach WWE then WWE will do the smart thing and just buy TNA so to me it's a pointless idea, the only way we could then be saved if is dixie said no and kept chuggin along, we all want to see attitude v2.0 and it will take a lot of patience but it may not be light years away

"PWTorch.com is reporting that last night's TNA Impact broadcast, which was the Bound For Glory follow-up show, was watched by 1.90 million viewers. This would make last night's show the most watched episode of Impact since January 21st, when the show was watched by 1.93 million viewers."

PWinsider is reporting the following: "We are still waiting on a final number but last night's TNA Impact scored 1.9 million viewers. That is up from last week's viewership so TNA probably landed in the 1.3 to 1.4 area. Dave will have the final numbers as soon as they are confirmed."

Its also being said that the rating may be between a 1.3 and 1.4 so before you all go breaking out the bubbly, wait for the real number to come out.A 1.5 would be a real cause for excitement. Remember, no MLB playoffs last night, no major NCAA Football game, so I wanna see the number for last night, and when there is a little bit bigger Sports night going on like Raw deals with, with MNF and MLB Playoffs.

Also it is not a record, since the Jan 21st show did 1.93 million viewers.

***Update***
PWInsider is now reporting the actual rating;
"The 10/14 edition of Impact did a strong 1.4 rating with 1,895,000 viewers"

1.4 with a "Hot" angle and no other major sports competition, while a great # for TNA, I would consider it a bit of a let down with all things considering. Maybe if we didn't wait 45 minutes before some actual in ring action, they would of drawn a little better.

People also seem to be confused here about the difference between ratings and actual viewership. A 1.4 corresponds to 1.9 million viewers. That's still not more than half of what RAW has been doing in down weeks lately, when it has pulled a few 2.8s, while going head-to-head with MNF. Seriously, RAW was doing 5 million viewers a week during the summer. TNA is drawing its best ratings ever and doesn't draw 40% of that audience.

Maybe if we didn't wait 45 minutes before some actual in ring action, they would of drawn a little better.

Based on? They've always had early matchs on previous episodes and fewer people tune in, this time they make people wait and more people watch, face facts, lots of people prefer storyline development and a few matches over a match heavy card that has less story.

I think its a shame that there is so much of a factor in the ratings when comparing TNA to WWE. just because WWE could be a lot better in ratings does not mean the product is that much better. seeing that I don't really watch much WWE anymore I can't really comment on the WWE product, but judging by how I've seen a lot of other people saying WWE is not very good right now maybe one could argue that the current TNA product is actually better than TNA despite what the ratings are. WWE has been around for so long it has die hard fans that will watch it just because it's what they have watched for so long.

yeah i'm totally okay with a story heavy impact. i like how they did it last night. alot of story and then a solid main event match. i'm a wrestling fan of almost 20 years. i love good wrestling. but i also understand that good compelling wrestling comes from good compelling storylines.

1.4 rating is a good news! To be honest I did not expect it to be so good. I quietly was hoping for 1.2-1.3 because it was not a live shows, and these usually have higher ratings. Apparently, BFG and Jwoww generated some new viewers. The only question now is if TNA can keep these viewers.

Up until this Thursday i have watched all the TNA Impacts online about a week after each show. This week though i was pumped to watch on TV. So were all my friends who, for the most part, quit watching wrestling completely 5 or 6 years ago. Everyone wants to see the underdog TNA take WWE down or at least force WWE to get good again and the only way TNA can succeed is if Hogan and Bischoff are heels. They're the two best heels EVER. And that's why all the WWE loyalists here don't want this to happen. Because they know Hogan and Bischoff at their best are MAJOR threats to WWE's existence.

So to those of you here saying that there will be no 'spike' in viewers every week from now i say think again. There's a lot of fans out there like me who basically quit watching (on TV anyway) but now we have a really good reason to tune in week after week. There's an entertaining story in place, there's only wrestling in the ring when it actually means something, and the guys i remember and loved are running the show. There's a lot more 25-50 year olds out there not watching wrestling who will start watching than there is fans under 25 who are obsessed with their lame ass WWE and will ditch their tunnel vision to give TNA a chance.

Oh and to that one guy who posted saying this week's rating should be considered a bit of a 'let down' i say HA! 700,000 new households tuned in to see what was going to happen. That's at least one million NEW American viewers who haven't been watching but have been paying attention (most likely online like me) to see what is going on in TNA. If they liked what they see, that's word of mouth advertising. In 1996 I wouldn't watch WCW because i was a WWE loyalist. But in October my buddy was telling me about how awesome WCW had become with Hogan as a heel leading a bunch of ex WWE guys against the company. I wanted to see WCW die so i jumped aboard and started tuning in. That was THREE MONTHS after the NWO began. But the word of mouth advertising, the consistent storyline getting better and better, and the fact that WCW became the 'in' thing while WWE became 'lame' all factored in to me viewing. And most fans started tuning in right when i started tuning in. It took some time but it happened when things got crazy. I see the same trend happening right now. So after a successful Impact this week, perhaps next week there could be 50,000 new households due to 50,000 former wrestling fans hearing about something that reminds them of the days when they used to watch and love wrestling.

Anyway, I'd say that what TNA did should be considered a huge success and if they can keep most of those new viewers that is double success. If they could even get their ratings up to 2 in the next year and keep it there then they have a foundation in place. One major thing like a major star or two defecting to TNA and that 2 could turn to 3, and if the storyline we have now is still going and getting hotter that 3 could balloon to a 4 or 5. That's how it happened in WCW. It was really slow and then when it caught on it all just blew up. A blow up is something that will take years, not weeks in the world we have now with an unstable economy and the internet spoiling surprises and offering alternate mediums for fans to view shows. Nevertheless, any increase in ratings for TNA should be considered a success. It's not like WWE has been able to turn on 700,000 new viewers in the span of a week in over ten years.

iMPACT last night bored the shit out of me! about 45 plus minutes before ANY action even happened. The highlight of the night for me was hearing Dixie say "shit" on tv. The "Regime" looks more thrown together with random people than "La Familia" a few years ago on Smackdown. Where is the chemistry between any of them besides Eric and Hogan? Then adding Fourtune to the mix... come on they already killed it by making it look like a super faction... I know all you TNA marks are gonna get on my ass and go head. I will admit I tuned into iMPACT last night for the first time I god knows how long just to see how it was gonna play out but 20 minutes into their 35 minute promo I could care less... For a company name Total Nonstop Action last night TNA stood for Totally No Action. :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::banghead::banghead:

iMPACT last night bored the shit out of me! about 45 plus minutes before ANY action even happened. The highlight of the night for me was hearing Dixie say "shit" on tv. The "Regime" looks more thrown together with random people than "La Familia" a few years ago on Smackdown. Where is the chemistry between any of them besides Eric and Hogan? Then adding Fourtune to the mix... come on they already killed it by making it look like a super faction... I know all you TNA marks are gonna get on my ass and go head. I will admit I tuned into iMPACT last night for the first time I god knows how long just to see how it was gonna play out but 20 minutes into their 35 minute promo I could care less... For a company name Total Nonstop Action last night TNA stood for Totally No Action.
Dude it's just an advertising ploy the name, doesn't really apply to sport-entertainment TNA.

Maybe in the year 2045, the ratings will reverse. Next week, the ratings will drop and continue to do so.

I'm 25 and I will never watch TNA. If WWE went out of business today, I'd walk away with it. TNA isn't a good product. Far too many unoriginal story lines and recycled stars from WWE. It's awful.

Congratulations on a new record rating, but the ratings will tumble for the next few months like Enron's stock did.

Damn some of these people just can't be satisfied. For a program that is usually drawing a 1.1 or lower, a 1.4 rating IS in fact good news and a reason to be happy. Just another example of moronic people thinkingthat no competition is good nor should any other company exist other than Vince's show. Plusthey are not even competing on the same night so why does the ratings rise seem to bother people? Do you not realise that competition is good, WWE's own Jim Ross has said multiple timesthat he wants TNA to succeed as to most if not all of the WWE locker room as well because competition creates money for everyone involved and good tv and great times for the fans. Why people are trying to shit on anything TNA does that is good or something that happens that is good for them just baffles me. If you don't like it then don't watch, but don't run your mouth on something you don't even watch. It just makes people look one sided and like they have no life other than to bitch about anything and everything.

I can guaratnee if and when WWE's current lowering viewership ends and they even raise .3 points the fans will rejoice and claiming that good days are here again.

This little jump in the ratings doesn't surprise me at all. Everyone wanted to know why "They" were formed, so I'm sure a lot of people tuned into Impact to see the explanation. It's still pretty early, but if TNA can keep this up on a consistent basis, it'll be something to talk about.

This is the equivalent of the Pittsburgh Pirates ending a 10-game losing streak with a 15-0 win ... and then Pirates fans proclaiming that things are gonna be better from now on.

One week means absolutely nothing. If they can't sustain it - which they've proven time and time again that they can't - then this one-time mini-spike in the ratings will be as memorable as the last time TNA fans proclaimed the company had turned the corner.

I think the more noteworth news surrounding TNA recording a record-high 1.9 rating is that the company has never drawn a 2.0 rating in it's nearly decade run. Even Nitro was pulling a consistent 2.3 in its infancy.

Maybe in the year 2045, the ratings will reverse. Next week, the ratings will drop and continue to do so.

I'm 25 and I will never watch TNA. If WWE went out of business today, I'd walk away with it. TNA isn't a good product. Far too many unoriginal story lines and recycled stars from WWE. It's awful.

Congratulations on a new record rating, but the ratings will tumble for the next few months like Enron's stock did.

My thoughts exactly. This "record rating" is only gonna be a temporary thing that will drop right back down as the weeks go by, believe me. TNA's storylines are very inconsistent and hardly ever make sense at times. Most people were expecting Hogan, Bischoff, and Jarrett to be "They", so this basically continues the example of how storylines in this day and age lack surprise and long-term interest. The novelty of this "Cheap version of the nWo" won't last long either. And wowwwww, a 1.4!? Is that the best Hogan and Bischoff were able to draw for the WHOLE YEAR they were around? A 1.4 from "big names" like Hogan and Bischoff is nothing to jump up and down about. They've gone from drawing the 5 and 6's to 1's. What happened?...

I think the more noteworth news surrounding TNA recording a record-high 1.9 rating is that the company has never drawn a 2.0 rating in it's nearly decade run. Even Nitro was pulling a consistent 2.3 in its infancy.
I'm guessing you are not a TNA fan considering Impact began in 2004 which equals six years. You just proved my point that people for some unknown reason feel the need to just downplay anything good that comes from something they either don't enjoy or don't even watch.

One more very interesting note: The 1.41 doesn't include DVR ratings, which can bump ratings anywhere from 6 to 13 percent. Last week's was reported as a 1.34 but with DVR it would have been a 1.49. So this is more like a 1.65 in terms of real numbers if the DVR numbers are similar.

Great start. Now TNA needs to run with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back