List of things TNA need to do.

Two observations:

1. Spike is airing a live/taped show on Monday night against RAW and then reairing it on Thursday night? How stupid is that? It's pretty easy for the average fan who just enjoys pro-wrestling to say, "well, I'll watch RAW on Monday and the replay of TNA on Thursday."

2. Hogan, Bischoff, and the rest of the veteran scrubs like the Nasty's are playing Carter like a money mark. We're watching what happens to a Money Mark in the indy's play out on television. Washed up big names come in, make the young talent take a back seat to their egos, invite their buddies into the brand, and run the company into the ground.

It all sounds like a conspiracy to bury TNA. I don't think Panda Energy is going to waste money on Hogan, Bischoff and the rest like Turner did for very long.

Here are a few things I would do if I were running TNA.

1. Huge Talent Cuts: I would cut the following:
Consequences, Brutus, Doug Williams, Dr. Stevie, Jay Lethal, Jesse Neal, Kiyoshi, The Nasty Boys, Raven, Rhino, Rob Terry, Sharkboy, Suicide.

2. I would move my live show to Tuesday Nights until we got the ratings to compete with Raw. Moving to Monday Nights during the Road to Wrestlemania was suicide and we all saw that by their ratings. Raw a 3.4, Impact .98...And in my opinion Raw was awful. Compete with NXT and go completly over the top, do things that make people think NXT sucks.

3. Change the name of all the ppvs to something better the Lockdown. The only one I probably wouldnt change is Bound For Glory.

4. Do every show LIVE. I would have a Tuesday Night Impact Live, and my Thursday Night Show would be Live...Try to take out NXT and Superstars before you try to take out Raw.

5. Go over the top. Do crazy things that make the wrestling fans say "Hey whats going on over there." Hogan and Flair fighting doesnt do that, and Jeff Hardy showing up would have been good if we hadnt seen him the last time TNA went live. And RVD debuting is cool, but RVD wont make me stop watching The Road To Wrestlemania.

6. The biggest problem with TNA right now, is the fact that they have terrible timing. Why not wait until after Wrestlemania to try and compete with Raw.

OK, here we go:

Going live every Monday: This is pointless. It makes no difference whatsoever if the show is live or it isn't. What matters is the quality of the show. RAW's been live for the past decade and lately it's been awful. Whether or not people know what's going to happen ahead of time doesn't detract from the actual product.

Ratings: The ratings mean jack. In my opinion, TNA put on the better show on Monday. The ratings show that more people watched RAW. Why? Most likely because a) they didn't know about TNA, or b) they did and just assumed it would be bad. And to be fair, TNA wasn't that good leading up to the move to Monday, but I'd prefer to attribute that to them just biding their time. You can't rely on the ratings solely as an example of how a show was.

Pushing of the "TNA Originals": I am so sick and tired of this argument. A.J. Styles is the current world champion. Abyss is fighting him for the title at the next PPV. What more do you people want? Maybe TNA should get rid of anyone who didn't work solely for the company when they started. That leaves Jeff Jarrett, Abyss, Jay Lethal (maybe), and that's it. Yes, under that logic, guys like Styles, Daniels, and Joe would be gone. Because, in case you guys forgot, they used to work for ROH. The TNA Originals argument is weak. A.J. is being mentored by Ric Flair while Abyss is with Hulk Hogan. The purpose behind that is to give those two rubs. Wait and see how it ends.

Six-Sided Ring: Another weak argument. It doesn't matter what kind of ring it is. What matters is what goes on inside it. You can still have crazy X-Division matches in a four-sided ring. In fact, TNA started with a four-sided ring. So what's the problem here? This is just a stupid and unnecessary complaint and Hogan is smart to ignore it.

Moving out of the Impact Zone: Now, I'm kind of on the fence with this one. On the one hand, moving and expanding their fanbase would be beneficial to the company. Problem is, they aren't as well-known yet as the WWE, and might not sell enough tickets. Then again, staying in Orlando means you have to deal with the same fans every time, which includes assholes like the Crucial Crew. I say they should wait a little bit on this one, but not too long.

Shock TV: This is a very, very bad idea. Yes, it may draw potential viewers, but unless they have something to keep them there, it will fail. That is a problem that WCW had after they lost the top spot to RAW. They relied purely on shocks to draw people in, but couldn't deliver enough to keep them there. The sad part is that this may happen because, hey, Russo. THIS is when TNA will become WCW 2.0, despite what others will say.

All in all, what TNA should be focusing on is simply putting on the best product they can. Other than that, they and the so-called fans they have need one very important thing:

PATIENCE.

The complaining regarding Sting's heel turn and RVD's debut pissed me off. There was absolutely no way they were going to give away a real match between the two, which has never happened before, on live TV. They needed to build something between them. Go back and listen to the crowd when RVD "wins". When was the last time you saw a crowd erupt like that? Especially recently? The beatdown by Sting needed to happen to establish him as a heel and get people to boo him. People might realize these things if they didn't think in the here and now and had patience. So, wait, and see what happens, before you start criticizing them and saying what needs to change, when they haven't even started yet.

I agree with the Talent cuts, but i'd keep Raven, Rhino, Suicide, and Jay Lethal. But everyone else can go. I'd loose Hall, Waltman, and Orlando Jordon.

Next, the only reason I think TNA had a 3.4 rating is because they didn't promote the Monday Night move like they should have and they kept the return of RVD and Jeff Hardy under raps, they should have made it public. I'm sure more people will watch come the next time around.

PPV names don't really matter. WWE has been changing all there lately and it hasn't seen much difference.

Doing every show live is really difficult. Most of Smackdown show are tapped, NXT is mostly but time will tell us more, and all of superstars. Raw does here and there.

Wrestlemania is going to be boring in my opinion. The Undertaker and Michaels was a bad idea(it was totally last years ordeal), Triple H isn't doing anything special, No one really cares about Cena or Batista, people a alittle sick of them, Edge and Jericho could have been seen by a mile, and finally the MITB match is going to be entertaining but the result on everyones mind is the same (Christain wins).

Timing is kinda off for TNA but after Wrestlemania alot of the top Superstars are taking time of, so Backlash and on will be empty! This is most likey a deversion on TNA's part trying to take as much attention off WWE and Wrestlemania as possible and when some of the tops are on break TNA is left to strike out.

tna needs more hogan plain and simple. they should follow hogans lead and keep their mouth shut he is the only man who can take them all the way to the top period

All TNA has to do is stop Hulk Hogan,Ric Flair, Hall, etc. from wrestling and develop deeper and longer story lines. Nobody wants to see those to old legends wrestling because it's not believable. Make them agents or mentor's, yes involve them in some story lines but get the old early 90's guys out of the ring action. Show the fresh new exciting talent in these story lines so you can let the older guys fade off without losing anything.

I agree with tcbt tna need more work than this what is it now, wcw part two, when big stars steal the spot light from young guys. Tna is got to come with something new yes i also been watching wrestling for over 25 years. These young guys have the potential to go high but they need alot of work. I would love to see wwe bring back the attitude era (i know its not going to happen) dont get me wrong i like cena but im getting old with cena being the champ again. I would like to see edge win the title again and go for a nice run. One or other (tna and wwe) need to step up and do something about it if you want to bring in alot of wrestling fans and new wrestling fans. I remember in high school all my friends were into wwf (attitude era) and now in days no one is talking about it. My little brother is not into it like he was when he grew up a huge fan of stone cold steve austin. My opinion stone cold is better than hulk hogan. Bring back what made you guys multi millionaires (mcmahon and bischoff) bring back wrestling i grew up with.

They need to lose the older wrestlers, they need to focus more on the people that got them to the point where they are. I was in awe of some of the moves that Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, James Storm & Robert Roode. I have no desire to see storylines with Hall & Xpac, The Nasty Boys. Im just waiting for them to bring in Glacier next and it will be WCW revisited.

The whole shock of the moment for all wrestling fans when Hogan did a heel turn made people think that they should tune in and see what happens next on the old WCW shows and this week a Sting heel turn, did nothing for me. There is way too many 40 year old wrestlers taking up valuable time and TNA needs to focus on the younger generation of wrestlers to connect with its fan base.

In the 80s, Hogan was the icon and as a kid lots and lots of people connected with him. In the 90s, Stone Cold, the Rock, The Undertaker, DX all connected really well with its fan base. In the 2000s, Cena, Edge, Mysterio, Jeff Hardy and a few more all connected with the fan base but who in TNA is connecting with the fan base in TNA. Who are younger wrestling fans going to connect with in TNA?

But I do feel once they finally find their way, the show can compete with the WWE but if they continue the current path they are on, then it will be a short lived Monday night run.

I enjoythe Anderson/Angle storyline, enjoy the Pope, Desmond Wolfe, enjoy watching MCMG and Generation Me , Beer Money, Hernandez and for the most part the knockout division is far superior to the divas.

You look at what the WWE is doing with NXT and a show that features nothing but up and coming wrestlers out drew TNA this week. NXT drew a 1.0 rating while TNA did a .98.

All TNA has to do is stop Hulk Hogan,Ric Flair, Hall, etc. from wrestling and develop deeper and longer story lines. Nobody wants to see those to old legends wrestling because it's not believable. Make them agents or mentor's, yes involve them in some story lines but get the old early 90's guys out of the ring action. Show the fresh new exciting talent in these story lines so you can let the older guys fade off without losing anything.

...and stop airing replays on Thursday nights. What's the purpose of hyping MNW II on Monday's and play a replay on Thursdays? Might as well watch WWE on Monday and the TNA replay on Thursday.

OK, here we go:

Going live every Monday: This is pointless. It makes no difference whatsoever if the show is live or it isn't. What matters is the quality of the show. RAW's been live for the past decade and lately it's been awful. Whether or not people know what's going to happen ahead of time doesn't detract from the actual product.

Ratings: The ratings mean jack. In my opinion, TNA put on the better show on Monday. The ratings show that more people watched RAW. Why? Most likely because a) they didn't know about TNA, or b) they did and just assumed it would be bad. And to be fair, TNA wasn't that good leading up to the move to Monday, but I'd prefer to attribute that to them just biding their time. You can't rely on the ratings solely as an example of how a show was.

Pushing of the "TNA Originals": I am so sick and tired of this argument. A.J. Styles is the current world champion. Abyss is fighting him for the title at the next PPV. What more do you people want? Maybe TNA should get rid of anyone who didn't work solely for the company when they started. That leaves Jeff Jarrett, Abyss, Jay Lethal (maybe), and that's it. Yes, under that logic, guys like Styles, Daniels, and Joe would be gone. Because, in case you guys forgot, they used to work for ROH. The TNA Originals argument is weak. A.J. is being mentored by Ric Flair while Abyss is with Hulk Hogan. The purpose behind that is to give those two rubs. Wait and see how it ends.

Six-Sided Ring: Another weak argument. It doesn't matter what kind of ring it is. What matters is what goes on inside it. You can still have crazy X-Division matches in a four-sided ring. In fact, TNA started with a four-sided ring. So what's the problem here? This is just a stupid and unnecessary complaint and Hogan is smart to ignore it.

Moving out of the Impact Zone: Now, I'm kind of on the fence with this one. On the one hand, moving and expanding their fanbase would be beneficial to the company. Problem is, they aren't as well-known yet as the WWE, and might not sell enough tickets. Then again, staying in Orlando means you have to deal with the same fans every time, which includes assholes like the Crucial Crew. I say they should wait a little bit on this one, but not too long.

Shock TV: This is a very, very bad idea. Yes, it may draw potential viewers, but unless they have something to keep them there, it will fail. That is a problem that WCW had after they lost the top spot to RAW. They relied purely on shocks to draw people in, but couldn't deliver enough to keep them there. The sad part is that this may happen because, hey, Russo. THIS is when TNA will become WCW 2.0, despite what others will say.

All in all, what TNA should be focusing on is simply putting on the best product they can. Other than that, they and the so-called fans they have need one very important thing:

PATIENCE.

The complaining regarding Sting's heel turn and RVD's debut pissed me off. There was absolutely no way they were going to give away a real match between the two, which has never happened before, on live TV. They needed to build something between them. Go back and listen to the crowd when RVD "wins". When was the last time you saw a crowd erupt like that? Especially recently? The beatdown by Sting needed to happen to establish him as a heel and get people to boo him. People might realize these things if they didn't think in the here and now and had patience. So, wait, and see what happens, before you start criticizing them and saying what needs to change, when they haven't even started yet.

I agree with you, man. People are comming on here and listing their ways on how TNA could improve but are making weak arguments.

Moving out of the Impact Zone It took years for RAW to get out of NYC. Yet people still watched. ECW was in Philly. Yet people still watched till Paul went bankrupt. Rome was not built in a day.

Stop the taping and replays on Thursday I never hear anybody complain about how Smackdown is taped. Or the fact that USA airs the AM RAW on Saturdays. Personally I don't mind the tapings since even if I do read the spoilers, I still watch the show since I'm the "I have to see it to believe it" type of guy. I do the same thing with Smackdown too. As for the replays on Thursdays, I think its a good idea. It's a good safety net to have for people who couldn't tune in or DVR the show on Monday. Right now, I don't believe that TNA is trying to overtake Raw all at once so why not have the replays to help generate the ratings on Thursdays too. Hell if they didn't do that and just aired on Modays, Spike might not have the patience to stay with the Monday night experiment. Remember too, there's a chance that Spike does this cuz they don't have their own programming to show. How many times can they show reruns of 1000 ways to die and Manswers? Also Spike is doing the same thing that other stations like VH1, MTV, TBS by showing replays on other days.

Sting and RVD If done correctly, the Sting heel turn good be very good. Him with that bat reminds me of HHH with the sledge hammer. Give Sting that kind of attittude and not redo the MEM turn, team him up with Fliar, Styles, and Wolfe, and you got an interesting heel. As for his beat down of RVD, it had to be done. They had to have Sting attack someone other than Hogan and Abyss to try to get the fans to boo him and who better than RVD? Did you hear the crowd chant his name? Sure it won't make Stings turn complete but its a very damn good start. Sting vs RVD will be a great match cuz despite Sting's age, he still delievers in the ring when the spotlight is on.

Hardy Alot of people on here are questioning whether Jeff Hardy will help TNA. Granted he still has the legal troubles however, if he gets passed that then hell yeah he will help TNA. The guy is awesome. Put him in matches with AJ, RVD, Daniels etc, team him up with Shannon Moore to face MCMG, Generation Me, Beer Money. He's the rare guy that you could put in any division, ME, mid card, tag team, and he will shine and improve that division drastically.

Who's a face/heel argument? I like the fact that the lines are blurred since Hogan/Bischoff joined. It reminds me of a real-life workplace whenever new management takes over. There is always the fear of layoffs, paycuts, and so forth. People have to re-establish themselves as the cream of the crop, aka Mass Confussion. And just like real life, it takes a few months of having the new management in charge for the dust to clear and roles are known. The dust is starting to clear in TNA. We know that Flair, Styles, Sting, Wolfe, Anderson are the top heels. Hogan, Abyss, Angle, Pope, Hardy, RVD, Jarret, Foley are the top faces. The guys who are blurred: Bischoff, Samoe Joe(since we don't know what the kidnapping story is leading too), Beer Money(although with their beat down of Jarret they are mostly heels in order to face Morgan/Super Mex), Everyone loves black and white. I prefer some touches of grey.

What TNA needs to do...

Shell out money to advertise Raw has a huge advantage since USA is part of the NBC family. With the collection of channels that NBC owns, commericals for Raw attract viewers of all ages and genders. TNA needs to spend money to buy ad time on other stations such as VH1, MTV, ESPN, etc. There are a wide varity of deals on tv ads, find something that fits the budget, and spend it. With all the money they make with PPVs, merchandise, blah blah blah, they could afford to do this. It's worthless to have a company and not advertise it properly.

Less Backstage segments This is one area that TNA has developed an over-kill mode. Backstage segments are important when they help the storyline but we don't need to see 5 segments about people convincing Hogan not to wrestle. And we don't need to see a commerical break, back to TNA to show Hall and Waltman walking in the back and bam!!! back to commerical.

Do something about Tazz Really Taz thanks for ruining the surprises Monday Night. He did it at the beginning of the show talking about Hogan/Abyss vs Flair/Styles when he said, "this might happen sooner then you think?" and again with the "What were you doing at 4:20 today" remark when Sting was making his way to the ring. Granted, everyone knew that RVD was there but the same was true with Hardy. There was a 50% chance of being wrong guessing who Sting's oppenant might be. Till Taz said that stupid comment, really that was the best he could come up with?

Move the front row seats back a bit For me the guard rail is way too close to the ring. That limits the high-flying moves to the outside in my opinion cuz it looks like guys are going to end up in the seats. A little distance could do wonders.

Don't end the show when someone is about to perform a trademark move on somebody I hated how Impact went off the air when Hardy was on the top rope about to nail the Swanton Bomb. That move is legendary!!!! Show it damn it!!!!!

A second show? I'm still on the fence about this but I think it could be benefical for TNA to have another show on during the week. And in no way shape or form am I talking about a brand split like Raw and Smackdown. Just use the show to showcase guys who didn't get air time on Monday and use some kind of rotation formula between Monday and the other day. More tag and X division are good things.

One final thought for those who are complaining about the direction of TNA. Like I said earlier, it takes a few months with new management for the dust to clear, the road to Lockdown will be when things become more clear. So don't nit-pick till after Lockdown and enjoy the things that TNA does well.

Changes in TNA?

Hmm, might as well put in my two cents. First off I love TNA. I still see it as the alternative to the WWE. I like and dislike some of the changes being made to the product. Well, let me get started how they can better product; as the best WRESTLING company on the planet. Not entertainment. (Want entertainment take your behind to the circus)

First off, no more and I repeat no more IMPACT replays on Thursday's. The common wrestling fan can watch (or still thinks) IMPACT on Thursday nights. Assuming why the rating's were so low for their live show.

Second, I think it's terrific that TNA wants to go head to head with the "big dog" called the WWE. It tells them that:

"We are not afraid of you and we have the best roster to go toe to toe with yours."

Here's a tip, always showcase the originals that made TNA what it is today. Not old school wrestlers that want that last shot at fame. (Unless he/she can wrestle a 5 star match) Other than that, it's sign of bad booking and laziness.

Third, I recently seen that Rent a Center commercial with Hulk Hogan. Now I found it kinda odd that Hogan didn't advertise TNA on the commercial. Rent a Center would have been a great start to put their name out; a lot of people shop there. Even "non-wrestling fans".

Fourth, the one major flaw of their live show was that Hogan inserted himself to much throughout the show. It was just to much. The beginning,the middle,and the end. There were alot of talent on the roster that could have been displayed on the show.

Message to Hogan: TNA just wants you for your knowledge of the business. Period.

Fifth, the storylines are fresh and very new(ish). I'll give Russo and the writing team a little bit of credit. Problem being is when to end it.

Examples:

The Band/Young/Nash= Very likely one will turn on the other at Destination X or let the storyline continue and end up at Lock Down.

Hernandez/Morgan= Still guessing who is going to turn heel but we have to wait and see. Assuming TNA trying to make it stay fresh for a while.

Nasty Boys/Team 3D= This would have been sweet if it was 1999 in the original ECW, but dumb storyline. Cancel it. Knobbs needs to get in a gym.

That's just a few on top of my head.

Last, TNA really needs to venture out more. Not just on cable but just regular old "rabbit-ears" television. People are cutting back so if TNA wants to fill those arena's up and keep a steady fan base; they have to venture/market themselves out better. If I had a nickel of every WWE ppv commercial that came on while I watch Family Guy on TBS I would be Bill Gates rich.

One more thing if you people on this thread disagree I would love to hear some suggestions.

The Marauder:bringit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back