• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Things that TNA has that the WWE wants

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is wrong with the f-ing six sided ring?, everybody just says get rid of it, they nver say why, it promotes being different which is what they need to do

kodiak said:
Ya six sided ring sucks, so no on that.

Innovative; hell in a cell, elimination chamber, TLC - these are good when done right and with the right people involved.

King of the Ring WAS good in its original form, ie when Bret Hart won it.

Agree on two points, yes the tag team division in WWE needs to be improved and they do need to let the cruiserweights go and do their thing. Hardcore, for the most part leave it to ECW (which needs to be left alone by vince and family).

I will also agree on the less talk but having a polygraph test and its results sucks even more.
Elimination chamber was the only slightly original concept that WWE has done recently. Hell in a Cell was a ripoff of the old NWA/WCW Thunderdome cage match that was done in the early nineties. TLC was a catchy nickname for the average ECW match or another way of repackaging a straight-up ladder match. King of the Ring is just a tournament where you get to wear a crown at the end of the night. They used this whole gimmick before. It was called Wrestlemania IV (instead they fought for the World Title). I do wish the WWE would do the smart thing and take some of there directionless wrestlers and pair them up in actual teams with solid names and unified gimmicks instead of having Charlie Haas and Viscera run around together. I miss the days when the teams were front and center. They had some of the best teams going at certain points in the eighties and very late nineties. The polygraph test was stupid, but there have been many worse things than that in pro wrestling. Especially recently.

makaveli said:
what is wrong with the f-ing six sided ring?, everybody just says get rid of it, they nver say why, it promotes being different which is what they need to do
They see it as pointless, but it's actually easier for wrestlers to springboard off of the tighter, shorter ropes. This is why you see WWE's ring only allow the high-flyers to spring comfortably from near the corner as those ropes have too much give and are not made of the same steel cable, but rather a dense elastic. It's just a matter of taste, I guess. I like the 6-sided ring because it has a larger surface area and has many more angles for wrestlers to attack from when it comes to aerial offense or irish whipping. Also it allows gauntlet or battle royal-type matches more space for beating an opponent into a corner. And logistically, this type of ring is more in keeping with traditional wrestling anyway because shooters don't mix it up in a ring, but a circle. Last I checked a hexagon was closer to being circular than a square was...but enough of inductive geometry.

why wud WWE want a shitty six sided ring for its shit

good ol classic ring the squared circle is legendary

The only thing TNA has that WWE would possibly want is a couple of their superstars (Styles, Daniels, Samoa Joe) and their "innovative style". I wouldn't necessarily call it innovative, but definitely different than what WWE is doing with their superstars. A couple of you have mentioned that WWE needs to let the CWs do their thing. They do that, and WWEs CWs will be on par with the X Division.

6 sided ring is a joke. It is funny that you mention what WWE and TNA rings and ropes are made out of when you don't have a clue yourself and are just writing something you read of some web site that might or might not be partially true. When you have good wrestlers you dont need 6 sided ring to put on good matches or do highflying moves. When I look at the best highflyers in the history of pro wrestlin (biased opinion) such as Owen Hart, Jushin Lyger, The Great Sasuke, Ultimo Dragon, Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, etc, they did just fine in the 4 sided ring, and honestly I don't think they would have done any better in a 6 sided version of it. The 6 sided ring takes away from the mat wrestling aspect and makes the matches focus on springboarding and flip flopping. You get a talentless rug like Sonjat Dutt and put him in a 6 sided ring and he can make himself look good by doing a bunch of stupid, pointless, springboard moves.

I don't mind highflying, but I stick to the old formula. If a wrestler doesn't know how to mat wrestle and cannot work a believable wrestling match he has no business springboarding of the ropes. That is probably why I prefer AJ, Daniels, Joe, Shelley over other people in TNA. Of course there are exemptions to that, and those exemptions usually include charismatic highflyers like Jack Evans who CAN make a gimmick for themselves out of highflying and flip flopping. But as long as generic wrestlers like Sonjay Dutt, Chris Sabin, Petey Williams, Jay Lethal, etc, who make their careers out of highflying and spotty moves, they do not belong in a wrestling ring.

Here's what WWE needs to do (I like the WWE so I'm taking a constructive criticism approach)...

1) Make the WWE Title seem like something worth achieving again. On the day McMahon won it, everyone realized how far WWE has fallen...

2) No more outlandish gimmicks (this goes for TNA too...Norman Smiley and Shark Boy need to get their asses out)

3) Quit trying soooo hard to get guys over as heels and faces. WWE has made a habit out of pushing guys into the shadows because they're not over as heels and faces. In Japan, there are no heels and faces and individuals are respected for their wrestling ability. If this were the case in a WWE ring, fans would kill for a Shelton Benjamin match and fall asleep during a Cena match

4) Stop trying to make ECW a third rate show whereas it has the most interesting matches

5) Stop worshipping muscle so much and start appreciating talent

6) McMahon - stay on TV, get out of the ring

7) Do something productive with the cruiseweights because they're the hardest workers

8) Quit emphasising the "entertainment" aspect of wrestling and emphasise "wrestling" itself

timoverdrive said:
Wow WWE does not have a King Of The Mountain Match nor will they ever WWE can post on WWE posts not TNA ones

Ever heard of the Royal Rumble? How much more "King of the Mountain" can you get?

other than that basic idea,.. yeah TNA is way more innovative than WWE,.. but I think they're trying too hard to get the older fans attn, by using the older wrestlers...

TNA has never made a wrestler ie. kurt angle-wwe made him. Christian-wwe,samoa joe-roh,christopher daniels-roh,konnan-wcw,scott stiener-wcw and wwe,kevin nash-wcw and wwe,sting-wcw.
tna will never give young wrestlers their shot at the nwa title like alex shelly and eric young,they always put jeff jerret vs sting or someone like that.

tna has real talented wreslters wwe does not want that they want squash matches so that is what wwe wants tna has more intelligent fans tna has better wreslting better ideas for matches it is awesome wwe has gone back to the cartoon era

Kasey said:
Elimination chamber was the only slightly original concept that WWE has done recently. Hell in a Cell was a ripoff of the old NWA/WCW Thunderdome cage match that was done in the early nineties. TLC was a catchy nickname for the average ECW match or another way of repackaging a straight-up ladder match. King of the Ring is just a tournament where you get to wear a crown at the end of the night. They used this whole gimmick before. It was called Wrestlemania IV (instead they fought for the World Title). I do wish the WWE would do the smart thing and take some of there directionless wrestlers and pair them up in actual teams with solid names and unified gimmicks instead of having Charlie Haas and Viscera run around together. I miss the days when the teams were front and center. They had some of the best teams going at certain points in the eighties and very late nineties. The polygraph test was stupid, but there have been many worse things than that in pro wrestling. Especially recently.

This is the reason why WWE sucks now

Kasey said:

I forgot about the thunderdome match, that brings me back. I wish i can find some pictures of that, but I can't. But I agree that WWE isn't as original as I once thought. The first cage match was in 1937 and the first ladder match in 1972. But thanks for mentioning that stuff.

wwe has created alot of new matches wtf are you talking about

DeathIsARight said:
I forgot about the thunderdome match, that brings me back. I wish i can find some pictures of that, but I can't. But I agree that WWE isn't as original as I once thought. The first cage match was in 1937 and the first ladder match in 1972. But thanks for mentioning that stuff.
I don't know if it's just me, but I miss the old blue, WWF cage from back in the day. Those things were awesome because the wrestlers could do superplex spots off of them and stuff (like Bret/Owen @ Summerslam '94). I also liked that the larger gaps between the rungs allowed for a better view of the wrestlers as well. If you're looking for the Thunderdome match you'd have to file share or scour one of the major video sites. I found one that was pretty low-resolution, but definitely watchable.

I think the WWE just wants a few of there stars like AJ, Sting, Joe and thats about it... WWE can inovent some of there own matches with the same base just a different name.

timoverdrive said:
Hello
WWE was never the creater of wrestling
NWA was and what is NWA now they are TNA so there and I am not turning my back to WWE they made people turn their back on them. Yes Jarrett is made the surrounding figure for a reason, because his dad owns it.
Oh in WWE who is it surrounding? HHH because he married the daughter of the company so I guess you can say HHH's dad owns the WWE too.

Well to be honest if you watch WWE recently they seem to be building it for the present around John Cena... Edge... and so on..

PauLwaLL50 said:
I think the WWE just wants a few of there stars like AJ, Sting, Joe and thats about it... WWE can inovent some of there own matches with the same base just a different name.

Sting? Oh please he's just another popular NINETIES wrestler... I don't want him.. and NEVER wanted Goldberg near WWE... but maybe that's a different story.

^You may not have wanted him...but unless you're Vince McMahon it doesn't count, as ol' Vinny was trying since the early nineties and past WCW's demise to get a hold of Sting. Sting's the one main-eventer that built a major career and never stepped foot in Titan Towers. He's the forbidden fruit as far as McMahon's concerned.

Kasey said:
I don't know if it's just me, but I miss the old blue, WWF cage from back in the day. Those things were awesome because the wrestlers could do superplex spots off of them and stuff (like Bret/Owen @ Summerslam '94). I also liked that the larger gaps between the rungs allowed for a better view of the wrestlers as well. If you're looking for the Thunderdome match you'd have to file share or scour one of the major video sites. I found one that was pretty low-resolution, but definitely watchable.

I know some places, could you PM the one you were talking about?

After RAW and the current ECW annoyance I may join you and check out TNA and see what it has to offer, I hate the LAX but I will just mute it during that. I am growing tired of WWE's lameass shows.

On topic, what does TNA have that WWE wants? Right now TNA's credibility for putting on good matches. WWE is lacking in that area right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back