Kings of Old School

I think what people are misunderstanding is that this group is filled with people who enjoy posting in the Old School Forum, and are going to attempt to generate some more interest in the forum.

Whether or not they know vast amounts relating to 70s wrestling in the territories or whatever, and if most of the knowledge is confined to the Attitude era, or late-80s are early 90s...this forum classes that time period as "Old School"- it is mentioned on the description of the sub-forum. If most of the threads created are relating to this time period, who gives a fuck? It is all Old School wrestling. If someone else's favourite time periods in wrestling are the previous decades, then they can post whatever they like on that.

The name of the group simply relates to the fact that the members love the Old School forum, and is simply just taking Steve Corino's nickname as it is a wrestling-related phrase with the name of the forum in it. It is not intended to make anyone think that the members are claiming to be the font of all knowledge when it comes to old school wrestling. It's just a group of guys who have similar interests putting some effort into their posts, thats all.

If people are unhappy that the members are not posting many topics on the older time frames, then you should do something about it and post some yourself

How does forming a fake faction on the internet generate more interest? Here's an idea... post in there some more.

DONE.

How does forming a fake faction on the internet generate more interest? Here's an idea... post in there some more.

DONE.

It isnt the faction that will create interest. The people in the group are going to try and generate interest and discussion by posting more in the Old School Forum, which I think they are trying to do.

Most of my posts tend to be in there anyway, I love the Attitude Era so I said I would try and help them out a bit

It isnt the faction that will create interest. The people in the group are going to try and generate interest and discussion by posting more in the Old School Forum, which I think they are trying to do.

Most of my posts tend to be in there anyway, I love the Attitude Era so I said I would try and help them out a bit

Yes, but you don't need to be in a group with uniform signatures to do that. Just post.

Yes, but you don't need to be in a group with uniform signatures to do that. Just post.

How does being in a group OR having sigs matter? Disturbed thought about forming a group and I cannot see why it is troubling you guys so much. We are not going to take over the section or anything. You could also think of us as a bunch of youngsters trying to learn about Old School Wrestling.

And all of us do post and quite a lot as well. But thanks for the advice anyway.

I hear ya, Natural. Any way to generate more hits in the sections is good. I just personally have my annoyances with the factions. You guys do whatever you want.

This is what I'm referring to.

How does being in a group OR having sigs matter? Disturbed thought about forming a group and I cannot see why it is troubling you guys so much. We are not going to take over the section or anything. You could also think of us as a bunch of youngsters trying to learn about Old School Wrestling.

And all of us do post and quite a lot as well. But thanks for the advice anyway.

It's not "troubling". It's "annoying." But it's only a personal preference of mine and I will never be convinced that it benefits anything in any way.

I've been on the forums since January of 2009 and have seen DOZENS of "factions" come and go, while not contributing any more to the forums by having "faction sigs" than ones that don't. At the end of the day, just post. That's it.

At the end of the day, hopefully the Old School forum will get more action, which is can only be a good thing.

Many of us in here love past wrestling, so any discussions on the topic can only be positive, posted by people with faction signitures or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back