KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Fuck Punk vs Brock, I'd take Sheamus and Brock any day of the week. That shit just has me excited as Mae Young's hand.

Cesaro is so smooth and powerful in the ring. Where will his association with Coulter take him except away from the 'future endeavoured' list?

When did they change the canvas? I remember reading that WWE went from a harder more traditional ring canvas to one with more give. Watching older matches you will notice that moves looked more painful as opposed to today where its on par with a trampoline. Ok, may have exaggerated with the trampoline part but you can definitely see the difference. Wondered when the switchover was..

Well the main difference was how the products were presented.

Over in the WWF, it was very kid friendly with bright colors and over the top personalities. The NWA at the time was doing a lot more serious stuff with Flair being world champion for the better part of ever. It's very different stuff but the NWA was a better product from a wrestling perspective.

Like the NWA had Rasslin', the New Generation had technical wrestling, the Attitude era had brawling (etc), what would you say 80'd WWF had?

When did they change the canvas? I remember reading that WWE went from a harder more traditional ring canvas to one with more give. Watching older matches you will notice that moves looked more painful as opposed to today where its on par with a trampoline. Ok, may have exaggerated with the trampoline part but you can definitely see the difference. Wondered when the switchover was..

I believe it was in the late 80s.

Like the NWA had Rasslin', the New Generation had technical wrestling, the Attitude era had brawling (etc), what would you say 80'd WWF had?

Sports Entertainment/American wrestling.

If there was never a Hulk Hogan in the 1980s, do you think anyone could have filled that void and if so who could have the WWE created that may have became the Icon of wrestling?

I think if WWE was to buy TNA only for their short library to make even better dvd's for talent like Angle,JJ,and AJ Styles WWE would have to try and shop their NXT Show concept again because TNA has a tv deal It would also go along ways for WWE to end the bad reputation of just buying promotions and then burying them I think its a great concept that could make both companies very profitable out of this deal It would be what they call a soft merger A working agreement with WWE having say in some creative instances but it will also showcase talent where the primary WWE audience will get a chance who they are so when they get called up to the main roster the fans will have an idea what that talent can and can't do Thats why in the 90's talent like Benoit and jericho had a smooth transition into WWE because most of the fans had an idea of those talents what they can do

Solo - Monsoon. Not many to pick from.

Two - Jesse/Gorilla. Their chemistry was perfect.

Three - Vince/JR/King. Again not many to pick from and they sucked the least.

What do you think it would take to spark a wrestling boom? Would it be something we could foresee beforehand or will it be something that will take people by surprise, something nobody would think can spark a boom but somehow does?

Take people by surprise.

Also it would need to be something with less restrictions on it. People aren't going to get fired up over a bunch of bad actors reading bad lines off scripts. You have to be able to connect with an audience, not bore them to death.

How many times have AJ Styles and Daniels faced off on PPV?

In TNA, counting tags, 19.

In the grand scheme of things how good was the rivalry between Christian and Randy Orton?

4/10.

Sorry channeled Bret Hart there. It was good stuff and a solid sumer feud.

Where does the 'I Cena wins we complain online' sign from Wrestlemania 29 rank in the list of greatest crowd signs?

It's pretty funny but the original is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back