KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Out of any Promotion...:

Which Pay-Per-View event had the best and worst Stage set?

Which Pay-Per-View event had the best and worst tagline?

Best: most of the late 90s WCW sets. They were always themed for the show and had a bunch of cool props.

Worst: early 90s WWF which had no sets.

Best: I always liked WM 14: the Ragin Climax

Worst: anything from the dying days of WCW, as it was often like "the biggest night in sports entertainment" or something like that.

Well good luck finding JCP from the 70s. You MIGHT be able to find an hour of that if you spend half a day looking.

Here's what you should do if you want history:

WWF Mid 80s: Brawl to End It All, War to Settle the Score, Wrestlemania I

NWA early 80s: Starrcade 1983 (holds up VERY well) and Starrcade 1985 (possibly the best Starrcade ever produced)

NWA late 80s: Anything from 1989, but especially Flair vs. Steamboat from Chi-Town Rumble (look for the fan with big hair in a blue shirt across from the cameras. It's Dave Meltzer), Flair vs. Steamboat from Clash of the Champions 6, Flair vs. Steamboat from WrestleWar 89 (occasionally called the greatest match ever), all of Great American Bash 1989 (called the best WCW/NWA PPV of all time).

Late 80s WWF: Hulkamania Volume 3, although find the full versions of the matches instead of the clipped versions on the tape. It covers almost all of Hogan's run with the title up through the Mega Powers Exploding. The other required show from that era is WrestleMania 3 which also holds up remarkably well. Survivor Series 1987 is very good stuff as well and is basically Hogan vs. Andre 1.5.

There isn't much to see in the early 90s anywhere, although if you want a quick sample of each check out Wrestlemania X and Beach Blast 1992 (though watch the Sting vs. Cactus match last. The show is WAY better that way). Oh and check out WarGames from WrestleWar 1992 if you want to see an absolute bloodbath.

WCW after 96....be prepared to be disappointed. The problem with these shows is you kind of have to watch all of them in order to get why they're so awesome. It's all about the week to week drama rather than one big show. If you're looking for a great PPV from that era though, check out Souled Out 98 which is the follow up to the disaster that was Starrcade 97.

ECW.....I'm not a big fan at all but they definitely left their mark. I'd tell you to watch Rise and Fall of ECW and call it a day for them but if you want to see more, the best I can recommend to you is Barely Legal which holds up pretty well.

Attitude Era: definitely worth seeing, but stop after early 1999 because it drops through the floor in quality. PIck things up in early 2000 and watch everything you can from that year other than Wrestlemania 2000 and King of the Ring. Those shows SUCKED. Make sure you check out Royal Rumble 2000, No Way Out 2000 and Backlash 2000. They're all over a four month stretch and are probably 3 of the top 15-20 shows the company has ever produced with Backlash cracking the top 5 or so. As for individual matches: Bret vs. AUstin from WM 13, Austin vs. Dude Love from Over the Edge 98, Rock vs. HHH in a ladder match from Summerslam 98, anything of Rock vs. Mankind from early 1999. Also check out In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede. It's less than two hours and is one of the best shows of all time.

As for time after the Attitude Era, make sure to hit Summerslam 2002, Royal Rumble 2001, No Way Out 2001 and Wrestlemania X7, which is the greatest show of all time. Just make sure you get the original version and not the one with My Way dubbed out. The video package for the main event will give you chills.

I'm not sure if that's what you were shooting for but it should keep you busy for five weeks.

:worship: Holy shite. Thanks a lot man. The "must spread more rep before repping poster X" is really getting under my skin. I'm not sure how long it took you to dig this all up, but much appreciated. Thanks again.

As you can see, I have highlighted a certain paragraph of yours in bold. Are you trying to say that only the first half of the year 2000 is worth watching, or just better than the second half?

Also, what the heck is "Wrasslin'"?

:worship: Holy shite. Thanks a lot man. The "must spread more rep before repping poster X" is really getting under my skin. I'm not sure how long it took you to dig this all up, but much appreciated. Thanks again.

As you can see, I have highlighted a certain paragraph of yours in bold. Are you trying to say that only the first half of the year 2000 is worth watching, or just better than the second half?

Also, what the heck is "Wrasslin'"?

About 10 minutes off the top of my head. Yes I can actually do that.

2000 in general is great but the first four months (other than Wrestlemania bombing) is about as good as the company ever got. The summer is Rock vs. HHH with the two of them at the height of their powers and it's still somehow a step down.

It's a style of wrestling most prominent in the southeast. Basically 80s NWA wrestling.

Well the main difference was how the products were presented.

Over in the WWF, it was very kid friendly with bright colors and over the top personalities. The NWA at the time was doing a lot more serious stuff with Flair being world champion for the better part of ever. It's very different stuff but the NWA was a better product from a wrestling perspective.

Any chance Ryback is just playing possum so he can suprise and destroy Jericho at MITB? It would be a way to write him off of TV. I mean, there HAS to be some kind of explanation for last night...

I'm not hyped up for this years Money in the Bank because most of the matches seem too filler for me. Do you think MITB has run it's course?

So Ricardo Rodriguez has been suspended for a Wellness Policy violation. Does this have the upside of giving ADR a chance at not being overshadowed by him and maybe drawing proper heat that way?

Is Sheamus in danger of becoming a destroyer of heel heat/potential?

His dominance is certainly gaining him a continued good reaction from the crowd but his blitzkrieging of every mid/upper card heel is really starting to have a detrimental effect and I cannot help but think that he could gain the same reaction from disposing of 3MB or members of heel tag teams like PTP rather than cutting the legs out from under Sandow, Fandango etc. by dominating them.

Also, just how smooth is Cesaro in the ring? His counter of Rhodes' backslide into the Neutraliser was flawless.

If Sting signs with WWE I believe thats the final nail for TNA I had this idea that could work:
WWE buys out TNA for the most part
TNA continues the everyday business operations
NXT Talent goes to TNA's roster
WWE pays for 67% of their own talent
TNA pays for 67% of their own talent
TNA has a tv deal so the platform for both TNA and WWE is their for talent to be seen
WWE picks up 20-30% of TNA's PPV production costs
This would be a set-up like a minor league system
TNA would go under PG to fit WWE's digital policies
Names of talent would have WWE in charge but all other creative aspects of the character would be at TNA's disposal
At least one match from this roster could be part of a WWE PPV
TNA PPV names could change where they could use ECW or JCP/WCW concepts
It would be a good deal especially for NXT talent who haven't worked on live tv before
Sorry about the bullet points but it was the only way to layout the ideas
What do you think of this concept that would he highly profitable for all parties involved

Any chance Ryback is just playing possum so he can suprise and destroy Jericho at MITB? It would be a way to write him off of TV. I mean, there HAS to be some kind of explanation for last night...

It's possible but WWE writers aren't that clever.

I'm not hyped up for this years Money in the Bank because most of the matches seem too filler for me. Do you think MITB has run it's course?

I thought MITB ran its course five years ago.

So Ricardo Rodriguez has been suspended for a Wellness Policy violation. Does this have the upside of giving ADR a chance at not being overshadowed by him and maybe drawing proper heat that way?

Given the way Alberto is being booked it's possible but not likely.

Барбоса;4521621 said:
Is Sheamus in danger of becoming a destroyer of heel heat/potential?

His dominance is certainly gaining him a continued good reaction from the crowd but his blitzkrieging of every mid/upper card heel is really starting to have a detrimental effect and I cannot help but think that he could gain the same reaction from disposing of 3MB or members of heel tag teams like PTP rather than cutting the legs out from under Sandow, Fandango etc. by dominating them.

Also, just how smooth is Cesaro in the ring? His counter of Rhodes' backslide into the Neutraliser was flawless.

He's getting there but it's ot his fault at all.

I don't get their thinking with Sheamus. the guy has shown he can have good matches with any style but they refuse to ahve him lose other than like once every three months. It makes for REALLY boring feuds that don't do anything for anyone. Look at the Sandow feud. It was a waste of two months as everyone said Sandow would be destroyed, Sandow was destroyed, and Sheamus beat the tar out of him in the blowoff match that he should have won with ease. The annoying thing is he can job and have a great feud like he did with Big Show.

Why Cesaro isn't feuding with Cena for the title is beyond me. A foreign heel with skills and a look like that is MONEY.

The way Sheamus is going, and has this knack of beating the mid card heels left, right and centre; shouldn't he be in a top feud now?

Build him up a little more as a destroyer and throw him in there with Brock at SSeries? We've had this discussion before KB.

If Sting signs with WWE I believe thats the final nail for TNA I had this idea that could work:
WWE buys out TNA for the most part
TNA continues the everyday business operations
NXT Talent goes to TNA's roster
WWE pays for 67% of their own talent
TNA pays for 67% of their own talent
TNA has a tv deal so the platform for both TNA and WWE is their for talent to be seen
WWE picks up 20-30% of TNA's PPV production costs
This would be a set-up like a minor league system
TNA would go under PG to fit WWE's digital policies
Names of talent would have WWE in charge but all other creative aspects of the character would be at TNA's disposal
At least one match from this roster could be part of a WWE PPV
TNA PPV names could change where they could use ECW or JCP/WCW concepts
It would be a good deal especially for NXT talent who haven't worked on live tv before
Sorry about the bullet points but it was the only way to layout the ideas
What do you think of this concept that would he highly profitable for all parties involved

There's no need for WWE to buy TNA. Period.

The way Sheamus is going, and has this knack of beating the mid card heels left, right and centre; shouldn't he be in a top feud now?

Build him up a little more as a destroyer and throw him in there with Brock at SSeries? We've had this discussion before KB.

He should be but WWE is content to let Alberto keep the title forever because they think it appeals to the Mexican demographic or something like that.

Sheamus vs. Brock sounds good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back