• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Which match would you say is the best Lawler match (pre wwf obviously).

Do you ever feel like it's too much Paul Heyman on TV?

On occasion.

Would you agree that the WHC MITB ladder match is catering to smarks?

Not really.

If you were given the chance to book either Cena v Orton or Cena v Punk in a one on one match for the WWE Title at Mania which would you pick and why?

Punk. The chemistry is better.

Which match would you say is the best Lawler match (pre wwf obviously).

He had a match with Bockwinkel where every right hand Lawler threw cost him $500 which I liked a lot. There's also a ten minute match with Flair from Memphis for the NWA TItle which is entertaining for the crowd alone.

Favourite final four in any Royal Rumble match?

Favourite final four or final three (since some got bye's in the semi's) in any King Of The Ring tournament?

Best KOTR final match?

If you could go back and change any KOTR winners, which ones would you change and who would you have win those year's tournaments instead?

If the WWE bring back the KOTR later this year, who would you like to see come out as the winner?

2001 was good.

Angle, Rhyno, Edge, Christian

Probably Bret vs. Bigelow by process of elimination.

Mable. ANYONE else.

I wouldn't like it but we'll go with Sandow.

Has it ever been revealed what the plans for Michaels were going to be post Mania before he messed up his back?

If not what would have you done with Shawn post Mania had he not messed up his back.

Who played the best Suicide?

Who's the best wrestler to have portrayed Suicide?

Probably Kaz to both.

Has 2013 been better than 2012 at this point?

Thoughts/Predictions on anything for the rest of the year?

No.

Not really. You never can tell, although Bryan winning the title at Summerslam would be great.

Has it ever been revealed what the plans for Michaels were going to be post Mania before he messed up his back?

If not what would have you done with Shawn post Mania had he not messed up his back.

Shawn was going to get fired from DX and feud with them after turning face. Granted this wasn't going to work given the crowd turning DX face but that was the original plan.

Atomin noogie? :lmao: I have no idea who did that.

There's an article on the main page saying they're considering a Triple threat at Summerslam with Cena, DB and Mark Henry. It states that they want to use the heat Mark Henry generated from his "retirement" speech. Is this more of a way for Cena to lose the belt and not be pinned?

Living in a country of awful weather for Summer, my main plan for my 5 weeks off (yes, 5 weeks only) is to catch up on my history of Wrestling on the internet, and to see how everything worked back then, as I missed out on a lot of great things.
My plan for week 1 is to watch some of the JCP Mid-Atlantic stuff from the 70's and 80's. For the second week, 80's WWF. Week 3: WCW from after '96. Week 4 I'll be catching up on ECW, and for the final week, the Attitude era.

Now as a fan who has been watching the product since '03 and who wants to brush up on his history, would you recommend I change any of these companies/eras for something else? For example, should I swap WCW for the New Generation?

Well good luck finding JCP from the 70s. You MIGHT be able to find an hour of that if you spend half a day looking.

Here's what you should do if you want history:

WWF Mid 80s: Brawl to End It All, War to Settle the Score, Wrestlemania I

NWA early 80s: Starrcade 1983 (holds up VERY well) and Starrcade 1985 (possibly the best Starrcade ever produced)

NWA late 80s: Anything from 1989, but especially Flair vs. Steamboat from Chi-Town Rumble (look for the fan with big hair in a blue shirt across from the cameras. It's Dave Meltzer), Flair vs. Steamboat from Clash of the Champions 6, Flair vs. Steamboat from WrestleWar 89 (occasionally called the greatest match ever), all of Great American Bash 1989 (called the best WCW/NWA PPV of all time).

Late 80s WWF: Hulkamania Volume 3, although find the full versions of the matches instead of the clipped versions on the tape. It covers almost all of Hogan's run with the title up through the Mega Powers Exploding. The other required show from that era is WrestleMania 3 which also holds up remarkably well. Survivor Series 1987 is very good stuff as well and is basically Hogan vs. Andre 1.5.

There isn't much to see in the early 90s anywhere, although if you want a quick sample of each check out Wrestlemania X and Beach Blast 1992 (though watch the Sting vs. Cactus match last. The show is WAY better that way). Oh and check out WarGames from WrestleWar 1992 if you want to see an absolute bloodbath.

WCW after 96....be prepared to be disappointed. The problem with these shows is you kind of have to watch all of them in order to get why they're so awesome. It's all about the week to week drama rather than one big show. If you're looking for a great PPV from that era though, check out Souled Out 98 which is the follow up to the disaster that was Starrcade 97.

ECW.....I'm not a big fan at all but they definitely left their mark. I'd tell you to watch Rise and Fall of ECW and call it a day for them but if you want to see more, the best I can recommend to you is Barely Legal which holds up pretty well.

Attitude Era: definitely worth seeing, but stop after early 1999 because it drops through the floor in quality. PIck things up in early 2000 and watch everything you can from that year other than Wrestlemania 2000 and King of the Ring. Those shows SUCKED. Make sure you check out Royal Rumble 2000, No Way Out 2000 and Backlash 2000. They're all over a four month stretch and are probably 3 of the top 15-20 shows the company has ever produced with Backlash cracking the top 5 or so. As for individual matches: Bret vs. AUstin from WM 13, Austin vs. Dude Love from Over the Edge 98, Rock vs. HHH in a ladder match from Summerslam 98, anything of Rock vs. Mankind from early 1999. Also check out In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede. It's less than two hours and is one of the best shows of all time.

As for time after the Attitude Era, make sure to hit Summerslam 2002, Royal Rumble 2001, No Way Out 2001 and Wrestlemania X7, which is the greatest show of all time. Just make sure you get the original version and not the one with My Way dubbed out. The video package for the main event will give you chills.

I'm not sure if that's what you were shooting for but it should keep you busy for five weeks.

Would Shield vs. Christian and Jericho in a Tag Team Ladder Match be a good match for Summerslam? I'd think that it could be a good one-off match to give the Shield a rub and continue Christian's storyline with them, while also incorporating Y2J into it, who, as we all know, could masterfully put them over.

Your thoughts on this idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back