• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KB Answers Wrestling Questions

I watched Benoit's Hard Knox dvd yesterday again and at one point Jericho states that Benoit was always told that he couldn't win the world title because he wasn't big enough (as in size). The question I have is, why did guys like Jericho himself and Angle who were the same size category as Benoit get the title without any problems? Was it a "look" issue, charisma or...?

I watched Benoit's Hard Knox dvd yesterday again and at one point Jericho states that Benoit was always told that he couldn't win the world title because he wasn't big enough (as in size). The question I have is, why did guys like Jericho himself and Angle who were the same size category as Benoit get the title without any problems? Was it a "look" issue, charisma or...?

Well Angle is a legit gold medalist and was as much of a natural in WWF as there ever has been. Jericho took FOREVER to get a legit world title reign (the one in 01/02 was transitional and everyone knows it) but he was hilarious in the mean time.

Benoit's lack of mic skills really held him back, but when you think about it it didn't take him a ton of time to get a world title. He got to the WWF in January of 2000, was out for over a year with a neck injury, and then won the world title in March of 04. He was held down by politics in 2003, so he went from debuting (as a former WCW Champion remember) to world champion caliber in about three years. Also there was serious talk of giving him the title in July of 2000 off the Rock but they changed their minds at the last minute.

In short, he got to the main event just slightly slower than Jericho, but Angle was better than both of them.

The Shield keeps saying they will bring "the sword" at TLC and Brock Lesnar has a sword tattoo on his chest so could it mean they're bringing Lesnar?

What do you mean by literary?

I meant figure of speech. Aside from Ryback sightings and ogling Seth, I haven't paid much attention to the main storyline and wasn't clear on "shield from injustice" and what Martin Gabriel said. I did some reading online and found the explanation I was looking for.

Do you listen to any wrestling podcasts not named Art of Wrestling?

Basically they claim to be a shield against injustice but it's more like they're just attacking every face on the roster.

I don't and I don't listen to that one either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back