• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KB Answers Wrestling Questions

KB, I think I have to get the concept of 'over' and 'drawing people' cleared up.

I've made this point before but for me the Deadman Gimmick of Taker was a draw and a marquee, in two periods. One during his initial run of 90 to 95 and then his return in 2004. People would pay their hard earned money and go to a SD show to get the 'Undertaker experience' i.e the whole shabang, from the bell tolling to the fist raise in the end. The Undertaker is like a travelling circus act, with lasers and smoke, and a match. His signature moves are attractions like Old School Walk on Top Rope, Last Ride, Chokeslam etc.

He played a villain (Brian Lee did actually, this was during the Fake Taker angle) in a highly publicized Indian movie and it was a HUGE deal not just here but in the whole Indian Sub continent. In retrospect, comparing to older stars, his whole appearance is way more recognizable and a big part of pop culture, atleast here. He probably beats Hogan in some regards.

Then why is it, that people in UK and State side don't see him as a top draw? Or never saw him as a top draw?

I've been over this WAY too many times.

The Undertaker is not a top draw. He's a top draw once a year and that is at Wrestlemania. Other than that, he's a featured attraction and not much more.

As for the Indian movie, yeah it was a big deal in India. Why this is supposed to mean something is beyond me. Guys like Austin, Rock, Hogan and Cena are big draws everywhere, drawing in millions and millions and more millions of dollars around the world. Being a big draw in one movie where WWE isn't a huge presence doesn't prove much. Based on this idea, Jillian Hall is a big deal in England because her Christmas album hit the top 20. Jillian Hall isn't a draw. She's a character who had one thing go well for her.

Undertaker is a huge deal at Wrestlemania, but other than that he never really has been, primarily because you can't market him to the mainstream.

I've heard it both ways but from what I understand, yes they are although VERY distantly, like 8th or so.

I heard it was but I haven't seen it anywhere officially. I thought they said it on Raw once but maybe I imagined it.

Why does he pull your ears?!

Sorry, wrong thread.

You think Sheamus/Henry is going to be Match of the Night? How about Jericho/Fandango?

I wasn't big on the first Fandango/Jericho match. It wasn't as good as it was made out to be. The second should be better though.

I've been over this WAY too many times.

The Undertaker is not a top draw. He's a top draw once a year and that is at Wrestlemania. Other than that, he's a featured attraction and not much more.

As for the Indian movie, yeah it was a big deal in India. Why this is supposed to mean something is beyond me. Guys like Austin, Rock, Hogan and Cena are big draws everywhere, drawing in millions and millions and more millions of dollars around the world. Being a big draw in one movie where WWE isn't a huge presence doesn't prove much. Based on this idea, Jillian Hall is a big deal in England because her Christmas album hit the top 20. Jillian Hall isn't a draw. She's a character who had one thing go well for her.

Undertaker is a huge deal at Wrestlemania, but other than that he never really has been, primarily because you can't market him to the mainstream.

I am not talking the current once a year scenario really, ok lets take WM 21 to WM 26, wasn't Taker a marquee then? Didn't people pay to see him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back