• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Actually, as someone with very little knowledge of that entire era/promotion (NWA?), what would be a good place to start watching that stuff? Any other names apart from Flair and Rhodes that I should research?

That's a shame, just watched the Dusty Rhodes "hard times" promo, it was so good! Would a similar angle work in the current WWE?

It's considered the greatest promo ever.

Sure, but WWE would screw it up by overthinking it.

Actually, as someone with very little knowledge of that entire era/promotion (NWA?), what would be a good place to start watching that stuff? Any other names apart from Flair and Rhodes that I should research?

Summer of 1985. Flair vs. Rhodes which then transitions into the Horsemen.

Whose chairshots to the head make you cringe more, Foley at the 99 Rumble or anything Benoit?

Foley.

What makes for a hot crowd?

What was TNA's best year?

Are you going to the WWE Super Show in Bowling Green?

A good show.

Nah. It's like three hours away.

KB, I now have grown fond of Sheamus and Henry, find Orton great in the ring, think Dbry is an amazing wrestler, enjoy Ziggler's ring work and think ADR can do no wrong when it comes out in his tights...

Is this the greatest or one of the greatest assembles of wrestlers in the history of WWE programming?

– The feeling backstage is that the Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar cage match at Extreme Rules was booked because the company can do a finish where neither man “loses.” Many think that the RAW ending where Lesnar was knocked outside the cage was the set up for a similar finish at the PPV. We’ll have more on this shortly.

WWE aren't that stupid are they?

KB, I now have grown fond of Sheamus and Henry, find Orton great in the ring, think Dbry is an amazing wrestler, enjoy Ziggler's ring work and think ADR can do no wrong when it comes out in his tights...

Is this the greatest or one of the greatest assembles of wrestlers in the history of WWE programming?

Absolutely.

WWE aren't that stupid are they?

Oh I think you'd be amazed at how stupid they could be.

Nice that you share my love.

I'm watching SD where Henry pulled 2 tractor trailers, and then gets a legit pop from the crowd...what is WWE trying to do here?

Nice that you share my love.

I'm watching SD where Henry pulled 2 tractor trailers, and then gets a legit pop from the crowd...what is WWE trying to do here?

Either trying to get mainstream publicity or being their usual head into wall selves.

Henry didn't get over in 2002 doing feats of strength. he got over being a monster. Now they're having him do feats of strength again and the reactions are expected.

I'm currently watching the Batista DVD 'I Walk Alone' and I'm actually shocked at how good Big Dave was. Really good seller, unbelievably strong, looks amazing and can put on a great match. I had remembered him as pretty average but not any more!

Did you rate Batista? In the list of top champions over the last 10 years or so where would you place him.

Ten years? For sure.

Make no mistake: for the first year or so that they were on top, Batista was a far bigger star than Cena. He was very good at what he did and the fans were way into him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back