• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KB Answers Wrestling Questions

I have. It's decent but there are some hilarious parts if you know what's going on.

Narrator: "After leaving Terry FUnk's Wrestlefest, I went off in search of Jake the Snake."

Did you check the locker room? he wrestled on that show.

Nevermind, this is an issue I have had about bigger, made wrestlers taking advantage of smaller wrestlers.

The HBK My Journey DVD's first match is hard to watch. Its One Man Gang vs a very young HBK, and brother One Man Gang legit beats the hell outta him. I mean you can clearly see all them stiff shots and Micheals just crumbling.

Now to Vader in WCW. I hate Vader because of how much liberty he took with Foley. Yes he has that rep of being a badass and all, and I am not calling for powderpuff clotheslines but there is a point when the fan goes," yo this is just wrong."

Sometimes these guys are just the top superstars, so they do coz they can, sometimes they are on fucking roids, but whatever the reason how would you describe the advantage-taking of bigger wrestlers to try and get over with the crowd?

Most guys are professional and you don't often see it. Vader is a jerk who has worked very stiff for years. He's one of the few that do though.

Ok, The Rock at RR 99. He said he'd hit Foley with like 7 chair shots and ended up hitting him what, 21 times? He got caught up in the moment or was on drugs dunno, but that is highly unprofessional isn't it? I remember seeing Foley asking The Rock 'hey we decided on 7' and he kinda shrugs it off. I hate him for that. Foley is someone who has been taken advantage of, A LOT. Thats his schtick, I get it. But one way beatings like Vader andThe Rock dish out do nothing. Look at Orton's NO DQ match with Foley in 2004; Orton suffered as much as Foley, if not more. Hunter at RR 2000, took a hellacious beating.

It can't all be about pounding Foley coz thats just his gimmick? There has to be a method to it?

And people say marks are dead.

Here's the thing about a lot of that punishment (other than Rock): it's nowhere near as bad as it looks. Foley wrestles in the gear he's in so you can't see A LOT of padding under his attire. Trashcans are some of the least painful weapons you can use on someone. Also the sledgehammers are hollow and the barbed wire is rubber.

Ye, still real to me dammit.

I point at the beating Orton takes in that match. He is only wrestling in his trunks. And man oh man, him winning in the end made me believe in him that year. It worked to his advantage surely as he won the WHC in like 3 months after that.

I get it that they use fake props, otherwise they'd cripple themselves, and they should use them. But Vader's forearm shots to Foley's face as well as Foley's kids crying make it difficult for me to let this go. THERE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ONLY 7 ROCK!

What is the best story you've read in a wrestling book?

Considering the big spot, the tacks, is about as safe as you can get, it was hard to be as imperssed. Great match though.

Some of the nonsense WCW did to waste money.

Ok the side issue here is also, how to use a human test dummy like Foley. The Orton and Hunter matches are great examples of how the eventual winner, sometimes needs to take a bigger beating. Because A) Foley was already made as a hardcore legends by then, and B) going toe to toe with him in his crazy bullshit will only make the fans go "Woah". Edge could've just speared Foley off the apron at Mania 22 and stayed in the ring. No, he jumped onto the flaming table as well, and created a moment for himself.

A method to the madness I guess, is that what lacked in a lot of spots Foley was involved in the 90s?

KB ivevnever heard of barbed wire in wrestling being rubber or hammers being hollow, what weapons in WWE are real?

Ok the side issue here is also, how to use a human test dummy like Foley. The Orton and Hunter matches are great examples of how the eventual winner, sometimes needs to take a bigger beating. Because A) Foley was already made as a hardcore legends by then, and B) going toe to toe with him in his crazy bullshit will only make the fans go "Woah". Edge could've just speared Foley off the apron at Mania 22 and stayed in the ring. No, he jumped onto the flaming table as well, and created a moment for himself.

A method to the madness I guess, is that what lacked in a lot of spots Foley was involved in the 90s?

I really don't get what you're asking.

KB ivevnever heard of barbed wire in wrestling being rubber or hammers being hollow, what weapons in WWE are real?

[youtube]lujfkTdwu4w[/youtube]

Notice that the 2x4 was placed under the announce table (previous part of the match). The one they pull out is the one that is used on HHH's head and not the one that is put under the table in the first place. In the first part of the match, the original 2x4 is only used on body parts covered in clothing. If you look at some of the closeups after it's pulled from the table, you can see that there are no jagged parts on it.

For the hammer, if HHH taps the steps with it, it's real. You'll also notice that when he holds it for a shot to the head, it's HHH's hand hitting the other person in the head and not the hammer.

As for what is real: chairs, garbage cans and tacks. The thing with cans though is they're REALLY thin metal so there isn't much impact. When you hit someone with a big hollow cylinder, it doesn't have much impact behind it. With the tacks, they're painful but there's pretty much no danger in them whatsoever as they're only going to go into muscle and fat so there's no damage.

Just read your Uncensored 1996 review; here's what I want to see.

Book the pay per view. You can change the card as you see fit, move around wrestlers to different matches, and different spots on the card.

So long as you follow this stipulation; The tower of doom cage match must stay.

I've given you your event for the night

Just read your Uncensored 1996 review; here's what I want to see.

Book the pay per view. You can change the card as you see fit, move around wrestlers to different matches, and different spots on the card.

So long as you follow this stipulation; The tower of doom cage match must stay.

I've given you your event for the night

There really isn't much you can change.

Well, if I'm allowed to use dark/Main Event matches, swap Dean in for Konnan. They could usually have a good match with their eyes closed.

Drop the man vs. woman match. It's simply not needed and adds nothing at all.

Put Loch Ness in the cage (the bottom so the ring doesn't break) and have Sting fight Giant. Road Warriors fight the Steiners in the street fight instead.

Chop about three minutes off Page vs. Booty Man and give that to Sting vs. Giant. Also cut some of the time off the street fight. 30 minutes is WAY too long.

See, here was my thought:

1. Take Savage out of the cage. Really. It will make "sense" when I'm done, but there were too many people in the cage. On the other side, take out Flair and Anderson.

2. Savage goes into a match with The Giant.

3. Flair takes on Sting, while Anderson and Benoit get a match against a team.

4. Road Warriors and Harlem Heat (Public Enemy?)

5. Booty Man and DDP, and Man VS woman is cut completely.

6. Konnan out, Malenko in.

7. Hogan faces the Faces of Fear in the first tier, Luger the second, Sullivan the third, Loch Ness the bottom because there's nowhere else to stick him.

Oh, and cut the street fight.

The original plan was Hogan against the four members in three straight matches in the cage. That was changed when WCW realized Hogan would be shown up in a hurry.

The original plan was Hogan against the four members in three straight matches in the cage. That was changed when WCW realized Hogan would be shown up in a hurry.

If anyone cared about watching Hogan's wrestling in that match, then they deserve what they get

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back