• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KB Answers Wrestling Questions

I really love Daniel Bryan's offense but how stupid is that front dropkick off the top rope? It really looks like it would hurt more than the actual kick would.

I've answered this one a lot.

Very little. If it meant more, Dean Malenko vs. William Regal would have headlined about 10 Wrestlemanias in a row.

Shawn Michaels put it best while on commentary at WM 13 when talking about Sid: "Why would he ever go away from the power game? That power takes him everywhere he needs to go." Hogan's very basic style made him the biggest star in the world. Why would he ever change that unless it stopped working? Austin could more than go in the ring. There's a match in 2001 against Benoit where all night long they had built it up as brawler vs. wrestling master. Austin spends 15 minutes going hold for hold on the mat with Benoit and it's awesome. As for Cena, watch any of his matches with Punk and tell me he can't get on a mat and go.

This notion of being a good "wrestler" makes little sense when you think about it. The idea of wrestling as we think of it is based around entertainment, not how many moves you use. I can assure you that any average size wrestler can do almost any move asked of him, but it would make no sense to do so. Wrestling is about getting the audience involved in the match and building to an exciting conclusion. Now Shawn is as good as anyone has ever been at getting the crowd to buy into them, but the moves he uses have little to do with that. It's how well he sells the beating and knows how to perfectly time his comeback.

One more note about Hogan: for someone who isn't a good "wrestler", how many moves do you remember him botching in his glory days?

Off the top of my head the fire paper spot against Warrior at Halloween Havoc, but that doesn't constitute a move does it? :D

I kinda disagree about the 'moves he uses have little to do with the crowd buying into him", I am watching some of his matches from the Rocker days and there are a lot of spots that get the crowd in a frenzy. I think the whole 'kamikaze' appeal of his moveset bolstered his connection with the crowd. What really got him over is, quite unabashedly, his looks and how the chicks just looooooooooved him.

It was on a Smackdown I think, likely back in 99 or 2000.

Oh my gawd! The Duck Hunt Promo with Kevin Kelly :lmao:

Hey did The Rock do the funniest promos in wrestling history from 99 to 2000?

I'll chime in on this one. To me, the most consistently funny series of promos were the early E&C stuff. Original, not repetitive, but always timely and germane to whoever or whatever they were into.

Off the top of my head the fire paper spot against Warrior at Halloween Havoc, but that doesn't constitute a move does it? :D

I kinda disagree about the 'moves he uses have little to do with the crowd buying into him", I am watching some of his matches from the Rocker days and there are a lot of spots that get the crowd in a frenzy. I think the whole 'kamikaze' appeal of his moveset bolstered his connection with the crowd. What really got him over is, quite unabashedly, his looks and how the chicks just looooooooooved him.

Oh my gawd! The Duck Hunt Promo with Kevin Kelly :lmao:

Hey did The Rock do the funniest promos in wrestling history from 99 to 2000?

Please...don't get me started on the girls loving Shawn. I hear about it every day.

If not then he beats anyone for second place. Roddy Piper could have me in stitches when he got on a roll and Foley and Edge as heels in 2006 were hysterical.

Also, Flair in the mid 80s is absolutely amazing. He's on enough coke to kill a horse and goes on these insane rants about making people his gardener and how his shoes are worth more than Dusty Rhodes' house. Tony Schiavone would do the interviews and you can see him desperately trying not to die laughing.

I'll chime in on this one. To me, the most consistently funny series of promos were the early E&C stuff. Original, not repetitve, but always timely and germane to whoever or whatever they were into.

They're WAY up there.

Please...don't get me started on the girls loving Shawn. I hear about it every day.

:lmao: Maybe just maybe, I am as obsessed about Shawn as Becca.

If not then he beats anyone for second place. Roddy Piper could have me in stitches when he got on a roll and Foley and Edge as heels in 2006 were hysterical. Also, Flair in the mid 80s is absolutely amazing. He's on enough coke to kill a horse and goes on these insane rants about making people his gardener and how his shoes are worth more than Dusty Rhodes' house. Tony Schiavone would do the interviews and you can see him desperately trying not to die laughing.

Ye I have seen those Flair interviews. My god he would sweat and go on these tirades. Also Piper, for me still the best all round talker I have seen.

What is the mic-skill/ring-skill equation to making a successful superstar? Like 70/30?

:lmao: Maybe just maybe, I am as obsessed about Shawn as Becca.

Ye I have seen those Flair interviews. My god he would sweat and go on these tirades. Also Piper, for me still the best all round talker I have seen.

What is the mic-skill/ring-skill equation to making a successful superstar? Like 70/30?

Depends on the guy.

Are there any notable undefeated streaks at a ppv that isn't mania?

Notable? Not really. Hogan never lost at Summerslam but I don't think it's ever mentioned.

Have you read Joe Laurinaitis' autobiography? I just finished it. Well worth the read. He gets preachy at the end, but it seems like they all do. Except Flair, unapologetic to the end. :)

The most interesting part (other than the fact that they apparently invented the plague of Zubaz) was the bouncer staff at the bar he worked at in Minnesota. It consisted of Hawk, Animal, Scott Norton, Rick Rude, Nord the Barbarian, Barry Darsow, and Nikita Koloff and I think maybe a few others. That, my friend, was the wrong bar to get hammered and act the fool in.

WWE.com has an article detailing the possibility of a third Heyman client. In the article opinions are given from The Miz, Kofi Kingston and NXT's own Corey Graves. If it were up to you, who from NXT would be the best suited to be a client for Paul Heyman?

At the moment: ADR or The Miz?

Del Rio;

What would the WWE been like without The Rock or Stone Cold during the AE?

Bankrupt.

WWE.com has an article detailing the possibility of a third Heyman client. In the article opinions are given from The Miz, Kofi Kingston and NXT's own Corey Graves. If it were up to you, who from NXT would be the best suited to be a client for Paul Heyman?

Graves isn't a bad pick but he's too similar looking to Punk. Maybe Ohno.

From the main page:

VIDEO: Not Having World Heavyweight Title Match Is A Bad Call
by Justin LaBar
May 15, 2013 Share this story
Every Tuesday 3-5pm EST is "Wrestling Reality 1 on 1 with Justin LaBar" on TribLIVE Radio in Pittsburgh.

The opening segment of Tuesday's show I talked about how given the situation in WWE, it's unacceptable to not have the World Heavyweight Championship on the lin in a match at Extreme Rules.

This is stupid isn't it? In order to have the match they either 1) Have Ziggler compete while not medically cleared, 2) strip him of the title and have ADR and Swagger fight for it, or 3) have him lose it before ER (which would be stupid because he'd need to compete anyways). None of these are good options.

I'll admit I didn't waste my time watching the video, but his initial premise is pretty clear and IMO stupid. Sure it sucks they can't have a WHC match at ER, but Ziggler got injured too close to the PPV to really do anything about it.

When did the WWE cease their relationship with Deep South Wrestling and Heartland Wrestling?

DSW was like 2006. Heartland was late 90s.

From the main page:

This is stupid isn't it? In order to have the match they either 1) Have Ziggler compete while not medically cleared, 2) strip him of the title and have ADR and Swagger fight for it, or 3) have him lose it before ER (which would be stupid because he'd need to compete anyways). None of these are good options.

I'll admit I didn't waste my time watching the video, but his initial premise is pretty clear and IMO stupid. Sure it sucks they can't have a WHC match at ER, but Ziggler got injured too close to the PPV to really do anything about it.

That isn't the stupid part. The stupid part is LaBar thinking that fans care about that title at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back