• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KB Answers Wrestling Questions

It was a good match.....for Lethal. Never cared much for him.

It wasn't that people have won the triple crown. It's that the titles changed hands too often for my taste.

I know that is a popular opinion in the old folks home these days. I am not sure if the amount of title changes is more damaging than long reigns that end with no real payoff. Aries beating Roode really did something for him. Punk's record reign didn't lead to anything. Those Cena/Batista injury ended reigns are arguably a large factor in the lack of stars in WWE. RVD ending AJ's reign was pretty pointless too.

Thougths on Rollins mic skills?

Favorite jobber on WWE history?

After Ryback, who could be a challenge for Cena's title?

He's fine.

Horowitz.

Shield.

What I quit match was better:

Tully Blanchard vs. Magnum TA

or

Flair vs. Funk

Blanchard vs. Magnum.

I know that is a popular opinion in the old folks home these days. I am not sure if the amount of title changes is more damaging than long reigns that end with no real payoff. Aries beating Roode really did something for him. Punk's record reign didn't lead to anything. Those Cena/Batista injury ended reigns are arguably a large factor in the lack of stars in WWE. RVD ending AJ's reign was pretty pointless too.

My problem with the people having a high amount of title reigns is it takes away any specialness of them. WHen Cena won the title at Mania for like the 14th time, it's hard to get excited. When he does it for the second or third time, it's still interesting.

Are Beer Money, Edge & Christian and to a lesser degree The Hardys (I think you can throw the Dudleys in there as well) the only tag teams to not have a 'Jannety' per se.

Again, the term should be Neidhart, not Jannetty.

As for the answer: Anderson and Blanchard, the Outsiders and Sting/Luger if you want to stretch.

Being a young un' why should it be Neidhart??

Is it because he didn't do anything after The Hart Foundation??

Being a young un' why should it be Neidhart??

Is it because he didn't do anything after The Hart Foundation??

Jannetty had two tag titles, the Intercontinental Title and the match of the year in 1993. What did Neidhart ever accomplish?

Does the third contender win the title, possibly creating envy in the group and keeping their story in the main event for a longer time?

My problem with the people having a high amount of title reigns is it takes away any specialness of them. WHen Cena won the title at Mania for like the 14th time, it's hard to get excited. When he does it for the second or third time, it's still interesting.

I don't think number matters that much if the story is solid. Holding the title long for the sake of holding the title long isn't any better than the alternative. If the champ automatically holds the title for a certain amount of time then those wins aren't special either. Does this mean you are finally starting to understand why people are sick of Cena?

I don't think number matters that much if the story is solid. Holding the title long for the sake of holding the title long isn't any better than the alternative. If the champ automatically holds the title for a certain amount of time then those wins aren't special either. Does this mean you are finally starting to understand why people are sick of Cena?

$72 million for Wrestlemania 29 would suggest otherwise.

I saw your post about people forgetting older wrestling, namely WCW.

How many percent of the average WWE arena audience could name let's say six WCW champions?

Sting
Flair
Booker T
Goldberg
Hogan

Uh..........

Not a high number I wouldn't think. Hopefully at least half but I doubt it.

I just sporcled the WCW title reigns in order. What would you guess was the average WCW title reign length from Starrcade 1997 onwards? And how many times was the title vacated you'd think?

Unfortunately, not that long. Let me think. The longest would have been.....Goldberg I guess at 6 and a half months, so I'd bet on the average reign being something like three weeks. As for being vacated, probably at least 6.

Aren't that two different concepts? I'm sick of Justin Bieber, but I'm not denying he's making massive business in his target demography. Not liking the most mainstreamy style has nothing to do with accepting it'll make most money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back