KB Answers Wrestling Questions

Why does everyone think the tag team division lacks depth?

You have the Usos, New Day, Bullet Club, Lucha Dragons, Dudleys, Enzo/Cass, Vaudevillains, and Wyatts. IMO that's more than enough for two divisions.

So you'd rather have two small 4 team divisions which would severely limit the number of feuds possible, instead of one solid 8+ team division would give significantly larger number of potential feuds?

Include Golden Truth, Breezango, Ascension & The Revival the number rounds to 12. So that would be enough to keep it interesting for a year. By that time we will have a new team or two (like American Alpha) & people will start jumping shows. Enough of a mix between contenders and jobber teams to have a division for each show, but no need for a second set of belts.

Been a while since there were this many teams.

I keep seeing people claiming that Sasha Banks will be the one to dethrone Charlotte as the Women's Champion, however, with the brand split due to happen soon, I have this feeling that it will be Bayley(from what I have read about her character, etc.) who will be the one to do it come SummerSlam given how hard they continue to push Charlotte as a heel(Stephanie segment, notwithstanding).

Your thoughts?

You have to remember they have a TON of people you never see on TV. They'll be around otherwise.

Oh, I know they're there. But, will it be enough to maintain the quality of the programming, and keep interest? Or, will everyone give up on nXt altogether, since they can just watch Bayley, Finn Balor, and Shinsuke on Smackdown?

So am I the only one that doesn't like the prospect of a brand split right now? Like at all. What are your thoughts KB, are there enough pros here to outweigh the potential cons that I see?

- Dilution of an already thin roster pool of bonafide stars.

- Decreasing the total amount of potential feuds.

- Decreasing the value of the current title belts by adding new ones to satisfy the needs of two separate brands.

I keep seeing people claiming that Sasha Banks will be the one to dethrone Charlotte as the Women's Champion, however, with the brand split due to happen soon, I have this feeling that it will be Bayley(from what I have read about her character, etc.) who will be the one to do it come SummerSlam given how hard they continue to push Charlotte as a heel(Stephanie segment, notwithstanding).

Your thoughts?

I'd put it on Sasha. She's over, she's good and she's ready.

Oh, I know they're there. But, will it be enough to maintain the quality of the programming, and keep interest? Or, will everyone give up on nXt altogether, since they can just watch Bayley, Finn Balor, and Shinsuke on Smackdown?

Bayley and Sasha started off as nothing. They know how to develop things.

So am I the only one that doesn't like the prospect of a brand split right now? Like at all. What are your thoughts KB, are there enough pros here to outweigh the potential cons that I see?

- Dilution of an already thin roster pool of bonafide stars.

- Decreasing the total amount of potential feuds.

- Decreasing the value of the current title belts by adding new ones to satisfy the needs of two separate brands.

It would depend on how they're doing things but I'm not crazy about it yet.

Do you think Tag teams should be an entity in the brand split?

lMO, the only way the brand split can be a true success is if they truly make both shows equal.

That said; I share Bern's sentiments that with an even more depleted roster, things don't look too rosy at all.

Do you think they can successfully fill all 5 hrs of Live television with the current roster in a proper manner?
I really feel that never ending 50/50 booking will hurt them badly as there are only a handful of guys who are truly Main Event talent, lMO.

They can fill it but I wouldn't call it successful.

You think they can fill 5hrs of TV on a weekly basis?
I do mean with actual meaningful stuff and with Superstars that people actually are interested in watching because said Superstars have been built up to be worth something.

Sure they can. Now they might fill it with a weekly disaster but they can in fact fill it up.

Not likely on the second part.

You think they can fill 5hrs of TV on a weekly basis?
I do mean with actual meaningful stuff and with Superstars that people actually are interested in watching because said Superstars have been built up to be worth something.

Sure they can. Now they might fill it with a weekly disaster but they can in fact fill it up.

Not likely on the second part.

You both are forgetting something. It's 4 1/2 hours. Don't forget the 30 minutes of Raw recap on Smackdown.

Because Smackdown matters. :rolleyes:

Are people reading into the next Takeover being titled "The End" too much? When I saw that was going to be the title I assumed it was meant as the end of Joe/Balor, a feud that's been going for about 8 months now.

Is it just me or does it feel like they're building to Charlotte/Steph at SummerSlam?

Is it just me or does it feel like they're building to Charlotte/Steph at SummerSlam?

Seriously. Steph has been a huge heel for how many years with the Authority? And now she's face because her dad forced her to run Raw with her brother? :wtf: Even if this match doesn't happen it still makes no sense. I'm amazed kb's head hasn't exploded after watching decades of wrestling storylines that have stupid things like this.

You both are forgetting something. It's 4 1/2 hours. Don't forget the 30 minutes of Raw recap on Smackdown.

Because Smackdown matters. :rolleyes:

There's also all the stuff that Smackdown airs first that I don't have to watch again on Raw.

Are people reading into the next Takeover being titled "The End" too much? When I saw that was going to be the title I assumed it was meant as the end of Joe/Balor, a feud that's been going for about 8 months now.

Yeah they are. I've heard that theory multiple times and I just don't buy it.

Alas yeah they might be as Stephanie's book comes out around that time.

Seriously. Steph has been a huge heel for how many years with the Authority? And now she's face because her dad forced her to run Raw with her brother? :wtf: Even if this match doesn't happen it still makes no sense. I'm amazed kb's head hasn't exploded after watching decades of wrestling storylines that have stupid things like this.

Stephanie has hit a sore spot with me this year. Becca looks forward to her segments as I just lose it in ranting anger almost every week.

For some reason I've been watching the last ever WCW PPV, Greed. What are your thoughts on The Cat? He has to be one of the most boring wrestlers I've ever seen.

Also, what happened to Kid Romeo? He looked a really good talent, did WWE ever sign him up? He had a great physique too, surely Vince would have been interested?

Yeah Cat was horrible in the ring. There were even a few matches where the announcers were ripping on him for being out of shape while he was a face.

Saw some time in TNA but never did anything of note. Never in WWE.

Since WrestleMania 30 ended, the Roman Reigns push has been going on. I do believe that WWE would have used Daniel Bryan at the top as the one to 'screen' Reigns from the limelight but the latter's injury problems meant we got the ill-fated Reigns push to the top earlier than expected.

2 years have passed since then, yet, Roman Reigns, regardless of the strong booking he has gotten, has yet to defeat any of the 4 guys, who for me, are the Pinnacle of the WWE at present: namely; John Cena, Brock Lesnar, the Rock and the Undertaker.

That I feel, resonates on the entire full-time roster, as it paints guys like Rollins and Ambrose as "2B" to Reigns "2A".
Surely, after 2 years+, If WWE are interested in elevating these "New Era superstars", they would try to elevate their Main Guy to Level 1 status, so that others can also get to that level by rubbing shoulders with him...

Your thoughts?

Only after he turns heel, because forcing Reigns into that spot as a face is like putting a jackhammer through a Fruit Loop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back