KB Answers Wrestling Questions

I'm of the opinion that Vince wasn't negotiating in good faith with Bret back in 1996 when he offered him that big ol' 20 year contract with however many dollars in it, that it was more a short-term ploy to keep him on while he was building guys over him as WCW raced on.

If he was such a loyalist to Bret and wanted to keep Bret on in the company as long as possible (with Bret saying he thought he only had a few years left in him), wouldn't he have been better served offering Bret a minority stake as assurances that he'd remain a part of the WWF family? Surely that would interest Bret more than a three year run in WCW with nobody around him that he was close to?

Dunno, thoughts?

Allegedly it's to save her for a big return and showdown at Summerslam. I'd assume it's because the writers have no idea how to handle two stories at once. Or because the fans would chant WE WANT SASHA during any Natalya match.

Speaking of the ladies, with the rumored "push" of Stephanie set to take place in support of her book release will we be seeing a true face turn? I'd think they would like to present her as a strong, intelligent and charismatic leader instead of a raging bitch. Any chance the recent interaction between the Flairs and the McMahons is foreshadowing of things to come? Maybe Charlotte v. Stephanie?

The Cruiser Weight Classic is generating a decent amount of buzz. Especially amongst the Indy style and WCW throwback fans. If the series is indeed a success could you see the Cruiser Weight Championship returning as a second tier title in NXT? NXT already plays to more of today’s Indy fans in addition to their very traditional style format. Personally I am not sure I’d be in favor of a second title but if it had to be the Cruiser would be a nice fit.

Who's your current pick to win MITB?

Related: Can you see them ever doing away with MITB? The cheap cash-ins are very played out. Clusterfuck ladder matches have long since reached a point of diminishing returns as well.

......what?

I've been trying to match Rusev & Del Rio to Golden Age wrestlers. Best I got was Dino Bravo and Hercules Hernandez for Rusev. :shrug:

Also just put up a TNA/POP interview in that forum, dunno if you want to use that as fodder for an article on KBWrestlingReviews or that other site.

The Cruiser Weight Classic is generating a decent amount of buzz. Especially amongst the Indy style and WCW throwback fans. If the series is indeed a success could you see the Cruiser Weight Championship returning as a second tier title in NXT? NXT already plays to more of today’s Indy fans in addition to their very traditional style format. Personally I am not sure I’d be in favor of a second title but if it had to be the Cruiser would be a nice fit.

I doubt it when there's only a handful of NXT Champions to be over the Cruiserweight limit.

Who's your current pick to win MITB?

Related: Can you see them ever doing away with MITB? The cheap cash-ins are very played out. Clusterfuck ladder matches have long since reached a point of diminishing returns as well.

Ambrose.

I doubt it unfortunately. I'm sick of the thing too.

I've been trying to match Rusev & Del Rio to Golden Age wrestlers. Best I got was Dino Bravo and Hercules Hernandez for Rusev. :shrug:

Also just put up a TNA/POP interview in that forum, dunno if you want to use that as fodder for an article on KBWrestlingReviews or that other site.

Those are WAY off. Rusev is closer to Iron Sheik and Del Rio is kind of hard to place. Those two were nothing though, not a multi-time US Champion and a multi-time World Champion.

Those are WAY off. Rusev is closer to Iron Sheik and Del Rio is kind of hard to place. Those two were nothing though, not a multi-time US Champion and a multi-time World Champion.

I kind of find Del Rio akin to Tito Santana for some reason. Biggest difference is obviously the heel/face distinction, but other than that they had a few similarities.

How bout Nikolai Volkoff for Rusev?

Punk's next move after flopping in UFC?

Best clusterfuck ladder match?

Which matches stick out the most to you as having tried their hardest to create an epic while falling flat? Dean vs Seth at MITB comes to mind, but you've probably got a Triple H match worth mentioning. Bad Blood '04 perhaps.

I kind of find Del Rio akin to Tito Santana for some reason. Biggest difference is obviously the heel/face distinction, but other than that they had a few similarities.

How bout Nikolai Volkoff for Rusev?

No on both.

Tito was the kind of guy who could make you believe he could pull off a miracle. There's a match he had against Randy Savage where it was obvious Savage was ready to move up a level but Tito had the crowd believing the upset was possible. I never get that with Del Rio and while he's a good hand, he's not the same kind as Santana.

Punk's next move after flopping in UFC?

Best clusterfuck ladder match?

Which matches stick out the most to you as having tried their hardest to create an epic while falling flat? Dean vs Seth at MITB comes to mind, but you've probably got a Triple H match worth mentioning. Bad Blood '04 perhaps.

Probably crawling back to WWE or ROH.

I remember Bryan's MITB win being great.

HHH vs. Orton - Wrestlemania XXV
HHH vs. Reigns - Wrestlemania XXXII
Orton vs. Edge - Vengeance 2004

Any match in particular you would love to see that hasn't happened yet (or being advertised for the future like Cena vs Nakamura) with the current WWE/NXT roster?

Just wanted to post an update to a question I asked, like, years ago. I had asked if there was video evidence of Mil Mascaras being pinned

You answered that you're sure there is somewhere, so with renewed vigor I was able to find what is likely the only existing example of this occurrence.

Mil Mascaras vs El Canek:

[YOUTUBE]C2Lf3bAReec[/YOUTUBE]

It happens at 6:45

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back