Jeff Hardy is TNA's most realistic target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angle would have gone to Japan and made a nice amount of money. I do agree with the guy who says that TNA will go under in a few years. Unless they pull their heads outta their asses and stop acting like WCW.

I'm pretty sure going to Japan would have added some stress to Angle's schedule as that was his main complaint about the WWE, having to perform all the time and traveling constantly. To reduce his schedule he would have had to stay local and do some indie shows now and then, either way, he would have been off TV, now with TNA, he got a reduced schedule and TV exposure. If anything, TNA gave him the opportunity to raise his stock with the WWE by showing what he can still do on TV. I can't argue with you about their acting like WCW though, they are mimicking WCW's dying days storylines to the T, teasing a rise of new talent and then squashing it, I expect Jeff Jarrett to turn MEM soon too, boy, won't THAT be riveting ?

Hardy won't help – making AJ Styles the face of the company will.

Why can't you have both?

If you need veteran signings to continue to push young talent TNA shouldn't be looking at guys like Hardy – they should be looking at guys like Lashley and Elijah Burke.

Seriously? Hate to say it, but Lashley was a "could-have-been" at best and I don't really know who Elijah Burke is. He's one that's not Kofi Kingston, correct?

I still want Elijah Burke in TNA pretty badly.

He'd have a Test run. As in, he'd be built up to be big shit but would be released fairly sharpish.

Why can't you have both?

No one says you can't, but without AJ Styles built to stardom, bringing in Hardy is yet another example of TNA burying it's own talent for the sake of pushing someone elses. I understand more than most that that is part of the business, but it doesn't have to be the foundation of it. Even WCW and WWE home grew talent. TNA needs to do the same and fill the holes with free agent signings.

This works like any other professional sport – mercenary teams don't work.

Seriously? Hate to say it, but Lashley was a "could-have-been" at best and I don't really know who Elijah Burke is. He's one that's not Kofi Kingston, correct?

Lashley was a could-have-been because his mic skills are sub-par. His physique, in-ring ability, and actually mat wrestling skills are all there. If Christian Cage and AJ Styles can be top faces in TNA, believe me – Lashley can too.

He'd have a Test run. As in, he'd be built up to be big shit but would be released fairly sharpish.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I just think most smarks automatically assume TNA would book him improperly and thus bury his debut.

They did a fine job with Angle, and a fine job with Booker T – why does Burke automatically fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back