• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jack Swagger, a fusion of two Wrestling Greats?

thetruemike

Occasional Pre-Show
When I look at Swagger, his appearance reminds me of the great owen hart and the move set of Kurt Angle. When he was on ECW, he was the shit! He's on RAW now and little to none has been done with his character. He has the championship look for being WWE champ. No doubt he would say when he wins the the title that he is the first and only 2 time All-American American Champion. No disrespect to either Kurt, Owen by saying Swagger is a fusion of them but come on. If swagger is build up correctly, I see his win being clean over John Cena for the title. Why specifically Cena? Think back to win brock lesnar beat the rock for the title. The build up was perfect and in a way Swagger is mimicking brocks path to WWE gold. So expect the Gutwrench powerbomb in the middle of the ring to decide that match with Swagger winning. I think this would be something fresh and new as Legacy is soon to be feuding with orton. I think DX will be taking on Jerishow until Edge comes back. Cena show have the title back again from orton and a new challenge in Swagger should show up. I dont see anybody else beside swagger being new in the title picture. Plus he's already a one time world champion. Something that he has over the majority of the locker room. Yeah mark henry has a world championship also but theres no much you can do with his character. Swagger has depth so let him learn a submission or two and with have our kurt/angle/brock is some ways in one. (Remember brock had the brock lock :lol:

Its just a matter of time before Swaggers in the main event. I bet if they would of moved him to Raw, and booked him strong after that match with Cena he could be in the Main Event already. All he needs is a good face to be in a story line with and he could take off. I was really hoping the Swagger vs MVP story would of went on longer because I think it would of helped them both.

Jack Swagger kinda reminds me of a fusion of JBL cuz he can really make the crowd hate me and alos some kurt in there with the wrestling background

Actually, I agree with half of the combination. Swagger does remind me of Angle, but the wrestler that he reminds me even more of is Hulk Hogan when he was managed by Freddie Blassie, before his charisma took over the character.

Swagger just needs to work on his mic skills. His in ring ability reminds me of Kurt Angle early in his career, while his mic skills...eh I really can't compare them to anyone right now. They're not bad, but not good enough to get him over. He has the size and ability for sure, but he's just not all the way there. Maybe he can be more aggressive like Dolph has been on SmackDown and perhaps that can give him that final push he needs.

When I opened the thread, I was thinking about the Angle-like moveset, which is definetly true. Even though it's not high flying or anything like that, I think Swagger's wrestling moveset is still very exciting and interesting.

I think he has all of the tools to be successful in the WWE, but just hasn't had a breakout oppurtunity yet. As he showed in matches with Christian and Cena, he is one of the top workers in the company at the moment. I'm hoping this undefeated storyline goes somewhere, as it would really give him the push he needs.

Looking at Jack Swagger in his 1st couple of matches I hated him on ECW i was sure he was going nowhere.. next thing you know he wins the world title there. I see him take Christian to the limit and put on some great matches.. he is now a favorite of mines to watch to on Raw. (1st post here) POW!

I think its safe to say swagger has a big future ahead of him. I also think especially from reading this thread that to alot of people he is a fusion of two wrestlers, but I see him as more of a kurt angle bobby lashly fusion.

When I look at Jack Swagger I think semi ******ed farm boy. Then when he opens his mouth I think...******ed farm boy.

Swagger is a good wrestler and has a good look from the neck down. He also has the legit athlete thing which is great to build on. I think WWE will push him in the future no matter what (barring any legal setbacks) and I'm curious to see how he gets over. I think in order for him to truly get over he needs great opponents (in the ring and on the mic).

I think that Jack Swagger is a fusion of Kurt Angle and Mr Prefect Curt Henning. Jack Swagger has great wrestling skills like Angle and has the same cocky attiude as Curt Henning.

If he is a fusion of any two wrestlers its Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar in their rookie forms. Swagger has good size, speed, and athletic ability. He's taller than Angle but not as massive as Lesnar. I think Swagger needs to go on with this undefeated streak buisiness for a little while and see where it takes him before deciding if he is WWE championship worthy. Who knows his first loss could be in a title match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back