It becomes more like WCW every day; JWoww coming to TNA

I hate it how people always say "this is wcw all over again" for fuck sake this is TNA! Yes it may be similar to a past storyline but what isnt. The Undertaker Vs Kane Storyline has happened so many times but so what IT WORKS! God dam this is an amazing start to a storyline that i hope will continue and get better. Also They have must one of the large stables to help them otherwise they can be too easily taken out. My decision will be fortune.

I put all your errors in bold, try reading back what you write before posting so you don't come across as inept.

Perhaps you should correct my errors...correctly? I'd have chosen to highlight the word attend rather then fans but that's just nitpicking, bit like posting a part of a post for a few corrections.

I wouldn't sit here and tell you that i'm better than every single person that watches that trash, but I will sit here and tell you that i'm better than 95% of them. Yes.

And why Is it I say that? Is it because, as you put it, i'm pretentios? Fuck no. It's because that show glorifies the absolute worst type of people on this planet. Undeserving assholes, or girls that have someone new inside of them each episode, either way they are all unjustifiably high and mighty pieces of shit that now believe the world revolves around them because sad and pathetic people are interested in their equally sad and pathetic lives.

The show is the lowest of the low, no question. But to state that you're better then 95% of the people that watch it because of what you perceive their lives to be like? Yeah, that's pretty pretentious or just, simply, plain wrong. I don't watch the show as I think it's completely shit but I wouldn't presume that I'm better then those that do as I know some that do watch it and enjoy watching the car wreck that these people call life. Doesn't make them sad and pathetic for enjoying it though, just means their tastes are different to mine.

Really? I'll admit I don't watch TNA much, like at all really, but I do tune in every one and a blue moon. I don't know if i'd say people who watch or attend the shows are the lowest of the low, i'm sure some are but not all.

And before you come back at me with "oh yeah, well you just used that same argument for people who watch Jersey Shore" let me stop you. In my mind there is no hypocrisy in my statement and me disagreeing with your statement. The fact is a vast variety of people, including families, watch wrestling. And the vast majority that watch Jersey Shore are the same who watch all the other MTV reality bullshit television shows and live their lives vicariously through characters they see. In essence, pieces of shit.

So there's no double standards there at all then? I mean, you've made a grand sweeping statement on how you view Jersey Shores viewers as pieces of shit yet said families watch wrestling. Not like families could watch Jersey Shores though? Nah, then there'd be generations of pieces of shit in the same house.

Did I argue anything otherwise? No. Go back and read my initial post, I agreed that they may bring in some more viewers and that ratings may in fact rise from this publicity stunt sorta deal. But my question was would that really be a good thing? Go back and read my opinion on that, and how I compared it to what WWE was planning on doing at Wrestlemania. Then answer the question I posed, instead of trying to put non-existant words in my mouth.

Your opinion was that it wouldn't be a good deal and you can't understand why anyone would want to sit through it, I got that. My point is that if these potential viewers then turn into loyal viewers, and thus increase ratings and revenue, I fail to see how it's a bad thing in any way shape or form? I can't stand Randy Orton but I get that he brings money and viewers into WWE and that's why he's where he is. If it increases product awareness then I'm all for it.

Maybe I'm wrong but aren't Spike TV and MTV both under the Viacom umbrella.... I don't think that Viacom would truly care if they were about to get people to watch both of their networks. They might even be able to get MTV to advertise their show in some ways being that a Jersey Shore cast member is making an appearance on their show. They could pick up a nice chunk of people. People are interested in celebrity appearances on wrestling, it just depends on who the celebrity it. It could work with good promotion. I don't see a problem with it as long as they don't give a celebrity one of the TNA championships.

Maybe I'm wrong but aren't Spike TV and MTV both under the Viacom umbrella.... I don't think that Viacom would truly care if they were about to get people to watch both of their networks. They might even be able to get MTV to advertise their show in some ways being that a Jersey Shore cast member is making an appearance on their show. They could pick up a nice chunk of people. People are interested in celebrity appearances on wrestling, it just depends on who the celebrity it. It could work with good promotion. I don't see a problem with it as long as they don't give a celebrity one of the TNA championships.

Thank you. LAst time I checked Viacom owns MTV and Spike TV which means it's called CROSS PROMOTION. You know when AJ Styles and MCMG appeared on MTV's programs? Spike TV is doing the same with MTV's highest rated program.

It's very pathetic that everyone has to jump on the WCW bandwagon when they do something that deals with a celebrity.

WCW booked a load of celebs to show up on Nitro at one time or another (They once paid KISS $500,000 to do a 15 minute concert which did nothing to the ratings).

Even if people tune in (which, is doubtful), it's a huge waste of money. I'd cetainly be pissed off I was one of the 90% of TNA's roster earning bugger all.

Quick question: (I may well be wrong) but doesn't iMPACT run at the same time as Jersey Shore? I have no concept of US TV...

Just have to throw it out there but when WCW did the Kiss thing it was to bring out a line of Kiss themed wrestlers. The story line dies quickly and we only got the demon.

I agree the bringing in of this skank will fail, but it is TNA everything they do in one way or another is a failure. It is already been reported people are not happy backstage about how much the low grade jersey prostitute is getting paid.

However, as others have pointed out this is hardly the first time celebrities have been brought in for storyline k-fed anyone. Normally it is done not necessarily to increase ratings right away, although no one would complain about that, but to garner main stream attention in the hopes of attracting a wider audience.

I hate it how people always say "this is wcw all over again" for fuck sake this is TNA! Yes it may be similar to a past storyline but what isnt. The Undertaker Vs Kane Storyline has happened so many times but so what IT WORKS! God dam this is an amazing start to a storyline that i hope will continue and get better. Also They have must one of the large stables to help them otherwise they can be too easily taken out. My decision will be fortune.

When people are saying "this is wcw all over again", they are not referring to the storylines. They're talking about the how the company is being run in general. This isn't just being said by the fans but apparently by some wrestlers on TNA as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back