Is WWE biased against it's female wrestlers?

dwith

Pre-Show Stalwart
As you know WWE has had several diva's in playboy magazine over the years.

Also as you know everyone of them are no longer with WWE.

Sunny- Has/had a adult website. Hasn't been able to return to WWE.

Sable- Did several playboy pictorals

Chyna- also did playboy pictorals, and adult videos

Marlena- also has some adult oriented pics on the internet

Mickie James- recently released had xxx pics taken peviously her WWE career and within months she's released(but not before they humilated her)

Candice Michelle- released also. Had an adult internet video surface, and some pictures just before her release.

Torrie Wilson- had several playboy pictorals also

Christie Hemme- Several playboy pictorals

Ashley- playboy pictoral

Maria- Playboy pictoral

Tiffany- Recently released has adult pictoral surface from before WWE day's

Joy Giovanni- recently released had some adult photos appear on the internet

Dawn Marie- had questionable pics appear all over from her ECW days

Brooke Adam's- recently released had some adult pics appear on the internet

Shelly Martinez Aka Ariel- had several different adult pics surface on the interent.

My question is some of these ladies like Mickie James are huge draws for WWE but soon after her pics appeared she was gone. Many of these women even have stated that WWE has no interest in the returning. Is Vince trying to keep them out of his company because of pg rating's or does alot of it have to do with his wifes publicity who's running for senate seat in Conn.

Could it all be coincedence...? I highly doubt that.

If it was due to WWE being PG then I think Mickie and Maria would've been released a while ago. Also bear in mind some of the divas were released or quit before WWE turned PG. And also bear in mind that divas returned last WrestleMania for that 25 diva battle royale. Its not as if WWE still has divas in Playboy bar the Tiffany pictures yet they were took I think it was said when she was in development. I also read Savannah, the NXT ring announcer appeared topless or nude I forget which in some film, so you can add her to the mix. But its not as if WWE still has divas such as Michelle McCool or Layla in Playboy because if they did it'd be promoted like with divas past. Maryse is another who has nude pics online as well, yet look at her, a former Divas Champion

All of those divas had pics and videos BEFORE they were in the WWE. That's probably how they got noticed in the first place.

They were released because they couldn't find storylines for them or they were horrible wrestlers OR (in Mickie's case) had some sort of backstage heat.

If vince was tending to the PG rating, he wouldn't have done the Playboy deal in the first place, and the company would have done extensive research on each woman.

Now, if they did something DURING their WWE career at the present time, that might be different.

Most of those Divas were hired because they were walking sexpots, sure as hell wasn't for their wrestling ability. I don't think these nude pictorals ultimately had anything to do with their release, it's just more of a sad state of affairs regaarding the entire Diva Division.

The Divas, for the most part, aren't taken seriously as wrestlers. Most of them aren't all that talented in the ring and most of those seem to have no desire or even reason to improve themselves in the ring. Ashley Massaro was fired due to a combination of things from what I understand. I've heard she had something of a bad attitude, she was injured quite a bit and was accused of being a high price call girl on the side. Some were let go as there was really no reason to keep them around, some had ambitions to do other things that would put their wrestling careers second, etc.

For me, the only possible bias that I see is the fact that the Divas simply aren't treated as importantly as the men are. While some could possibly see that as a bias, I think it's just the reality of women's wrestling in America. It's never been a big draw here, never been all that successful so why devote as much time and effort to something that historically hasn't really mattered?

Didn't Maryese do a Playboy shoot DURING her time in the WWE? There's no heat for that (it seems).
I don't think that's 100% accurate, but, I do also see it could have been a factor. I don't think Vince wants one of his diva's topless pic to pop up when a pre-teen googles her because he has a little boy crush.

Well first thing tiffany has not been released she is still in the WWE.If the they were going to release MIckie james because of her xxx pics on the internet they would have done that along time ago because those have been on the internet for a while now. Chyna did her playboy shoot while she was with wwe and what she has been gone for about ten years. I think this thread is a complete FAIL!!!

Well first thing tiffany has not been released she is still in the WWE.If the they were going to release MIckie james because of her xxx pics on the internet they would have done that along time ago because those have been on the internet for a while now. Chyna did her playboy shoot while she was with wwe and what she has been gone for about ten years. I think this thread is a complete FAIL!!!

It's not a complete fail... Your obviously a WWE mark. All the great talent that has come into WWE with Mickie James being a huge success being released. Whether it be because of her pics, or because she wanted to do something for herself (country singing) she was let go. WWE had always waited till opportune times to release talent for other thing's to cover it up.

They have gotten rid of tons of awesome diva's who were very talented, ans have more of a place in the ring than some of the goody 2 shoes they have now ala Bella Twins.
You have to wonder if the WWE's new PG direction that WWE is getting rid of anyone that has posed nude, or is not giving any jobs to diva's who have in the past.

Pretty sure the adult pictures of the released divas have nothing to do with their release. Mickie James has had those pictures around the net for a very long time. Gail Kim has adult pics..not released. So does Maryse. Look again at your list. A lot of them are either ..older now, or they weren't good to begin with, or they don't want to be in the business anymore.

First of all, WWE is still giving Maryse a push, having her feud with Eve over the Divas title. Then you have Gail Kim, who was hired back AFTER she had topless photos taken for a Korean Cell Phone company.

Nope I'd agree this thread is a total bust as well. It comes across as a conspiracy because you're seeing stuff that isn't there. Considering most of the girls were released YEARS before the WWE even thought of going PG I'd say that this is bust but, let's run down the girls for fun....

Sunny - Was released because her drug issues got out of hand and she wouldn't go to rehab and then her looks went to shit. Offered nothing.

Sable- Left on bad terms then returned but was released because nothing more for her to do.

Chyna- Thought she should be on at least 1 million per year and fighting for world titles against men (and beating them). Doesn't help her ex had started dating the charimans daughter

Marlena- Had passed her useful date and had grown bored by wrestling.

Mickie James- Backstage issues got her sacked. The pictures have been common knowledge for years, I saw them even before she appeard on WWE TV so that's no factor.

Candice Michelle- Useless in the ring with little charisma. Also injury prone and a bit of a danger to others in the ring.

Torrie Wilson- Decied she'd had enough and had hurt her back.

Christie Hemme- This one is strange. I've always heard it was because she was doing something naughty with someone high up. Either way deffo mistake.

Ashley- wasn't interested in wrestling and made no effort with it.

Maria- Again, no idea why, I'd go with the whole her planning to do stuff outside of wrestling.

Tiffany- Quite often on TV, married to McIntyre, popular and PG rated, I'd say she's safe.

Joy Giovanni- Shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Dawn Marie- Deserved to go for agreeing to those Al Wilson segments but sadly was because of the preggers thing.

Brooke Adam's- Now in TNA and showing that they were right to release her as she is crap at everything.

I'd say it's quite clear that most of them had outlived their shelf-life and, honestly, good riddance to half of them. Diva careers are divided into more type of cat years so every year a Diva last is like 7 in male wrestler years.

Also since when has it been a crime to have two pretty twins standing there looking hot? If you're gonna have pretty girls doing shit for their money, might as well get double the eye candy.

It's not a complete fail... Your obviously a WWE mark. All the great talent that has come into WWE with Mickie James being a huge success being released. Whether it be because of her pics, or because she wanted to do something for herself (country singing) she was let go. WWE had always waited till opportune times to release talent for other thing's to cover it up.

They have gotten rid of tons of awesome diva's who were very talented, ans have more of a place in the ring than some of the goody 2 shoes they have now ala Bella Twins.
You have to wonder if the WWE's new PG direction that WWE is getting rid of anyone that has posed nude, or is not giving any jobs to diva's who have in the past.

Explain Tiffany, Maryse and Gail Kim then? Half of those divas you mentioned were released because they were utterly pointless least be far. The WWE does not know what to with many of their divas and as a result some leave (see Maria). Some have bad attitudes or what follow advice (Sunny, Mickie, Brooke). One was injury prone (Candice) and the others really shouldn't have been in the ring. With the exception of Mickie and Chyna, they were all talentless in terms of wrestling or the creative team simply did not care for them.

Really has nothing to do with Playboy whatsoever or their past. I'll make this point, apart from the Bella Twins the WWE current crop far outshines those mentioned in your crop.

Nope I'd agree this thread is a total bust as well. It comes across as a conspiracy because you're seeing stuff that isn't there. Considering most of the girls were released YEARS before the WWE even thought of going PG I'd say that this is bust but, let's run down the girls for fun....

Sunny - Was released because her drug issues got out of hand and she wouldn't go to rehab and then her looks went to shit. Offered nothing.

Sable- Left on bad terms then returned but was released because nothing more for her to do.

Chyna- Thought she should be on at least 1 million per year and fighting for world titles against men (and beating them). Doesn't help her ex had started dating the charimans daughter

Marlena- Had passed her useful date and had grown bored by wrestling.

Mickie James- Backstage issues got her sacked. The pictures have been common knowledge for years, I saw them even before she appeard on WWE TV so that's no factor.

Candice Michelle- Useless in the ring with little charisma. Also injury prone and a bit of a danger to others in the ring.

Torrie Wilson- Decied she'd had enough and had hurt her back.

Christie Hemme- This one is strange. I've always heard it was because she was doing something naughty with someone high up. Either way deffo mistake.

Ashley- wasn't interested in wrestling and made no effort with it.

Maria- Again, no idea why, I'd go with the whole her planning to do stuff outside of wrestling.

Tiffany- Quite often on TV, married to McIntyre, popular and PG rated, I'd say she's safe.

Joy Giovanni- Shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Dawn Marie- Deserved to go for agreeing to those Al Wilson segments but sadly was because of the preggers thing.

Brooke Adam's- Now in TNA and showing that they were right to release her as she is crap at everything.

I'd say it's quite clear that most of them had outlived their shelf-life and, honestly, good riddance to half of them. Diva careers are divided into more type of cat years so every year a Diva last is like 7 in male wrestler years.

Also since when has it been a crime to have two pretty twins standing there looking hot? If you're gonna have pretty girls doing shit for their money, might as well get double the eye candy.

Do you even read??? I said that Divas that had previoulsly had nude photos have said the WWE won't rehire them.(I NEVER said nothing about the Divas that have been out for awhile were fire because of pg) Give me one great reason for the firing of Mickie James. She has busted her ass, and multiple time women's champion even up until recently.. There is no great REASON. only she either wanted more from her singing or adult photo's surfacing. Either way her firing really is unjustifiable. They say it was because she was late for a bus and held everyone up waiting for her.. (that's a load os shit.) Mickie James was a great in ring performer, and worked herd for the company... I say her firing was BIASED

Do you even read??? I said that Divas that had previoulsly had nude photos have said the WWE won't rehire them.(I NEVER said nothing about the Divas that have been out for awhile were fire because of pg) Give me one great reason for the firing of Mickie James. She has busted her ass, and multiple time women's champion even up until recently.. There is no great REASON. only she either wanted more from her singing or adult photo's surfacing. Either way her firing really is unjustifiable. They say it was because she was late for a bus and held everyone up waiting for her.. (that's a load os shit.) Mickie James was a great in ring performer, and worked herd for the company... I say her firing was BIASED

And you have worked for quite some time doing some backstage work, hanging with the WWE Superstars while they are on tour, and talking personally to WWE Management about Mickie James?

Yea nobody posting in this thread has any clue what was going on behind the scenes with the Mickie James Firing.. We can speculate but thats it, you cannot state her firing was biased because unless you are part of the WWE managment team, talk to them, or have heard from Mickie herself nobody really know's definatly WHY she was fired. I will say her in-ring work was not as GOOD as it had been in the past, but it still was better then almost every diva on the rooster.

Obviously there was something about Mickie James that they didn't like because she got sacked, and If it was the Nude photo's then I am seriously perplexed because they have given her MULTIPLE DIVA AND WOMENS World title runs, and featured her as a mainstay on both Smackdown and Raw SINCE those photo's surfaced.

Why would you invest so much into somebody you knew you were going to sack over some internet photo's? And you honestly can't say the WWE "didn't know" untill recently because they have been all over the internet for a while now..

The WWE PICKS Playboy models, they WANT that type of girl as there diva. They are already famous and come with a following, they made playboy so you know they are hot enough. I mean , to say WWE is baised against girls who pose nude is ridiculous, hell they won't say it but I'd bet you it's a bonus if you have posed nude for a large magazine like playboy in the past.

How the hell am I a WWE mark???? Is it because I disagreed with you. Most of the girls you mentioned were horrible in the ring with the exception of chyna and Mickie and most of them had attitude problems which include mickie and chyna. I wish mickie didn't get released because she is one of my favorite divas but she had problems staying in shape and she had that country album coming out.

Yes I can read, I've just explained why they were released and that pretty much explains why they wouldn't be wanted back.

As said above, I don't work backstage so I can't say exactly why she was fired but, if it's true she was being a pest backstage and being highly unprofessional (see how clear she made it she was dropping the title on her last Raw before going to SmackDown as a perfect way to spoil a match) among other things and, like all Diva's, her time was over.

And if you're going to say her firing was biased surely you can back that up with a reason, as that's the start of a sentence, not the ending?

Not all of these divas were released because of pictorials
Chyna- contract negotiations fell through and then there was the whole stephanie mcmahon and HHH affair thing which didn't help her situation.
Sable-sued wwe for sexual harrassment
Mickie james-from what I have read had backstage heat and then and incident occured which she was late for the bus seveal times while overseas recently led to her release.
Torrie Wilson- I was told asked for her release because of a back injury that had her sidelined off of tv for months before she was released.

So you see alot of these divas have outside reasons as to why they were released not all were released because of playboy. Some might have but I doubt that all the divas were because alot of them were released before Linda thought of running for senator.

I wouldn't say they are completely biased against against female wrestlers, but they do favor the male talent because they draw the money. Also I don't think nude pics have anything to do with anyone being released. Most of the ones listed were let go long before the PG era. If that was the case Maryse, Tiffany, and Savannah wouldn't be around still.

I for one believe the rumors that Mickie was difficult to deal with backstage. Because she was very talented and popular she must have done something to piss off management. She was the woman's champion recently until she had to have surgery.

I dont think that was the main source for their release.

Yet it is rather strange the WWE limited hiring models perphaps because its PG.

Serena is a decent wrestler and wont be used sexually since she is bald.

This new Jenna isnt bad either!

That leads me into thinking has the words eye candy expired for WWE?

You're kidding right? Sable, Chyna, Torrie, Christy, Maria, (and I think Ashley) were all in playboy because of WWE. Some have done Playboy multiple times while in WWE.

Maryse was also in Playboy, and also other sites. Gail Kim has topless pics. Kelly Kelly has pics where her breasts are only covered in sand and others of her peeing in a sink. Are Savannah and Tiffany still with WWE? I believe they both have topless pics/videos out as well.

I understand what you're trying to get at here, but no, WWE is not "prejudiced" against their women wrestlers...at least not in this aspect.

Also I'd argue the fact that the Divas are a draw. I personally think that if they all were fired there would be no big change in merchandise or ratings. Like it or not, Divas are still just eye candy for WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back