• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is The Miz Better Off In Non-Wrestling Roles?

It will be a while until a spot opens up for The Miz as far as a legitimate title run or storyline is concerned. The same malady has plagued other young stars like Dolph Ziggler and Wade Barrett. The have the "it" factor, but their pushes never amount to anything. Miz's saving grace is that his natural charisma is just what WWE is lacking in other departments of their programming. WWE would be wise to use Miz for the abilities that he does posses, which is exactly what they've done by making him the host for Summerslam. Now personally, I think seeing him in a recurring role throughout the night would be tiring, but it remains to be seen what Miz will evoke from the crowd when he gets on the mic.

Let's face it, Miz plateaued a while ago.

That's for sure.....and one of the problems affecting him today is that he reached a level higher than his ring ability and charisma should have taken him. I could never figure out how the company saw Miz as a world champion, fighting evenly with the main event wrestlers in WWE. But once he attained those heights, there was nowhere for him to go but down.

That said, I've enjoyed him a lot more as a face, still using that marvelous speaking ability to antagonize the bad guys and their managers in interviews. Keeping him in a suit is a great idea; he truly seems to bring the best/worst out of his interview subjects by showing them the disgust they merit (that deal with Miz and Paul Heyman the other night was classic.....Miz was more effective in what he didn't say, yet conveyed with his attitude).

At the same time, why consider retiring Miz as a wrestler? I still think he could lift a few weights and make himself more body-impressive, yet the company can always use a ringside personality who can step in the ring to settle a personal dispute with his fists.....like a younger version of Booker T.

Miz is a better ring worker than he used to be; I would think other performers enjoy working with him because he handles himself smoothly, sells well for others and no one seems to get hurt when tangling with him.

So, no, I don't think he's better off in non-wrestling roles.....he's a wrestler who can talk, so why limit him to the mic? Let him do it all.

The all purpose entertainer role suits Miz. His WWE title run through Mania 27 was his peak as he was in the role merely so the title match didn't get in the way of the Rock/Cena stuff.

He's had two years of passing the mid card titles back and forth and I think he's done with that for now, so operating mainly as a commentator, presenter, talk show host and PR guy makes sense.

I'm sure he'll still wrestle now and then but he's clearly being groomed for a corporate role as he presents a well dressed, personable and none threatening image for WWE to send out on PR work.

His righteous indignation towards Heyman on this weeks Miz TV I think may act as the catalyst to a Lesnar beat downt for him and a transition into a more focused media role, I actually could see him as Raw GM once the Maddox experiment runs it's course.

Personally I have never been a fan of The Miz as a wrestler, so if WWE decided to use him as more of an on-screen character without actually getting into the ring then I wouldn't mind that at all. He is good at commentary and is charismatic, so I think he'd be pretty well suited to it.
However, Miz is still a young man, and it's well known how passionate he is about the wrestling business, so I would be surprised if he was willing to give up his in-ring career entirely, especially as he was world champion just a couple of years ago. I don't expect that he will give up active competition entirely, and will continue to wrestle for a good while to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back