Is Jimmy Carr funny?

I disagree Skeps. I think Hugh Dennis has completely lost his form. I don't like him anymore and some of the things he say just get brushed under the carpet quickly on Mock The Week. Watch it carefully. He will say something and then other people will expand on it and make it funny. I used to think he was funny but now I don't really like him.

I disagree Skeps. I think Hugh Dennis has completely lost his form. I don't like him anymore and some of the things he say just get brushed under the carpet quickly on Mock The Week. Watch it carefully. He will say something and then other people will expand on it and make it funny. I used to think he was funny but now I don't really like him.

Oh well different people like different things, I'm not sure how competent he'd be at stand up anyway, he probably couldn't pull it off. Anyway thunder, what do you think of Frankie Boyle?
I used to like him but I think he just tries to be outrageous a lot of the time recently with a lot of AIDS/ gay jokes and such.

Hugh Dennis isn't that funny. He's only good on that voice-over game. Otherwise he just quotes insurance and electricity ads.

Oh well different people like different things, I'm not sure how competent he'd be at stand up anyway, he probably couldn't pull it off. Anyway thunder, what do you think of Frankie Boyle?
I used to like him but I think he just tries to be outrageous a lot of the time recently with a lot of AIDS/ gay jokes and such.

He's Scottish, of course I like him.

In all honesty though, when he broke onto the scene I loved him. I went to see him in Edinburgh when he was first getting famous on Mock The Week. He was absolutely brilliant that night and everyone went home happy, including me. I went to see him about a year ago too, this time in Glasgow. He was nowhere near as funny and some of the stuff that he said was just the same as Mock The Week. You see, Mock The Week has become a double edged sword for him. It is how he became famous and how is remaining so, the problem being that there are only so many jokes you can tell about Kerry Katona and Iceland on a weekly basis. I think now would be a good time for him to step away from Mock The Week and begin to work on a new routine. Hopefully when I go and see him next year, which I undoubtedly will, he will be a bit better and have some new material.

I know it is very hard to come up with new stuff every week but that show is supposed to be topical, so why are most of the jokes used on the show recycled from the previous episodes?

Nevertheless, I do think that you are right to some extent. I think that now he is trying his best to be shocking because it's what he become synonymous for and thinks that it is his recipe for success. Hopefully, he can get some new material and show what he can do once more. People are just getting bored with some of his things I guess. Especially when he basically uses the same jokes every week on national television.

And don't even get me started on Russell Howard...

I find him extremely funny. So what if he only tells one-liners? They're funny one-liners!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back