Blade

"Original Blade"
Me and Coco are debating this.

For those of you who don't know him
[YOUTUBE]9ajB7luvjzg[/YOUTUBE]

I think he just spews lame one liners. Coco.... likes him

What do you guys think?

[Youtube]8OJKyZzMS2A[/Youtube]
I can't find some of the older videos I loved. Will keep looking...

He's not that funny.I find him entertaining at times,but not up there with Ed Byrne, Tommy Tiernan,justin Lee Collins,,Ardal O'Hanlon, or dara O'briain.

he's also a depressing little prick.I don't think I've ever seen him smile.And Blade's right about one liners.It's all he ever does,and a lot of the time they're just as Blade put it,Corny.

Not very funny, good at one liners and comebacks to hecklers though. However, he wouldn't even be in my top 10 comedians.

Yes, but they way you talk about him you must think he is in the top ten.
Not really. Unscripted British Comedy came up, and that turned the conversation to Jimmy Carr. It was a natural transition.

I fail to see how a script matters, as long as he gets the point across and I'm laughing.

I fail to see how a script matters, as long as he gets the point across and I'm laughing.

Oh come on, everyone knows things made up on the spot are funny. Mock the Week and Whose Line is it Anyway prove that.
And no joke you know is as funny as some of the conversations you have with your friends or random things that happen with your friends.
On the spot stuff is just funnier.

I'm watching some bad comedians attempt to fight off hecklers on Youtube right now. They disagree with you. Not everything made up on the spot is great.

Carr does it better than these tools, though. Thus, he must be at least decent improv. Not to mention that Carr does a decent job just saying shit on shows like QI... So... Something.

Jimmy Carr is hilarious.

His delivery is second to no one and the one liners are his comedic style. If you don't like the way his comedy is conducted, don't watch it. It's that simple. I think his dry wit is absolutely hilarious and he is probably one of the most under-rated comedians in Britain. As for the most over-rated, it has to be Lee Evans.

Do you mean 8 out of 10 cats Blade?

Secondly, Skepts. Tell me how he isn't.

I didn't say he didn't have good delivery, because he clearly does, but to say he has the best delivery of any comedian is a bit far, I do find his one liners funny though.

Yeah maybe I accentuated a little bit but to be quite honest his delivery is very, very good. A lot better than Michael McIntyre's anyway in my opinion. MM is the most unoriginal comedian I have come across in the last year or so. He is very lazy. Even on his Comedy Road-show he failed to come up with any new material. The last new thing I heard him say was the Sex On Fire joke. He needs to work harder at coming up with new stuff. Of course, the DVD season is nearly upon us so hopefully he has a new concert coming out.

Yeah maybe I accentuated a little bit but to be quite honest his delivery is very, very good. A lot better than Michael McIntyre's anyway in my opinion. MM is the most unoriginal comedian I have come across in the last year or so. He is very lazy. Even on his Comedy Road-show he failed to come up with any new material. The last new thing I heard him say was the Sex On Fire joke. He needs to work harder at coming up with new stuff. Of course, the DVD season is nearly upon us so hopefully he has a new concert coming out.

Michael McIntyre is so overrated it's untrue! Completely agree with the lazy statement, I've watched 3 or 4 'different' stand ups from him, and the jokes have barely changed.

On another note, I wish Hugh Dennis did stand up, he has me in stitches everytime I watch mock the week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back