• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it time for the United Kings?

Being from the Republic of Ireland, I can honestly say most you guys need to chill out. The war was nearly 100 years ago now.

Anyway, apart from the obvious naming choice (anything 'united kingdom-y' will have a hard time over here as you can see) there's no reason the three wouldn't work well together. I'd almost see the jokey nature of Barrett and Sheamus's personalities playing off each other really well. Don't know enough about McIntyre though. Hard hitting crew too.

That being said... Do we need another three piece stable at the minute? Obviously you're taking Drew from 3MB, but we still have shield, evolution and the Wyatts reeking havoc. Unless you want weekly six-man tags then I don't see the need for this kind of set-up.

I definitely see it as a brawler tag team between Sheamus and Barrett. A three person stable involving Drew McIntyre becomes another 3MB.

im still of the idea of if you must put Barrett with any group it should be Evolution. that is if Evolution stay together long. keep him solo if not. i havent seen anything he has done as being a ''flop''. hes gonna be a bigger star than both. Put sheamus with mcentire that could very well work. the celtic warriors. if that dont get the job done, put sheamus with ryback and let them be sheback feed me more fellas ha

just a joke. they could actually pv sheamus in the authority/evolution since hes better as a heal and hes triple hs good buddy. i can see him doing the suit gig.

They could call it The British Invasion or something. Sheamus is of course no more British than he is from the United Kingdom but he DOES hail from the British Isles, so it would fit. It would certainly fit better than just pretending that Dublin is in the UK in typical WWE fashion (I keep thinking of Davey Boy Smith in the run up to SummerSlam 92 in London, talking about it being in "My home town" in his thick Wigan accent), or changing Sheamus' billed origins to somewhere in Northern Ireland when he's been billed as hailing from Dublin for so long..

As someone from Ireland, if you come to say Dublin, and say, "hey guys it's so great to be here in the British Isles", if somebody doesn't punch you in the face on the spot your rental car will probably be bombed. It's still a pretty sensitive subject, we're not British, we have nothing to do with Britain aside from six of our counties being British owned. It's not that we hate England or anything, it's just that being reference to us being British ruled is seen as offensive, cause we're not.

And no, Sheamus can't start pretending he's from Northern Ireland when he is very clearly from Dublin. He has a thick Dublin accent. Your idea is stupid.

As for the OP, no point in doing it. Wade Barrett is fine on his own, Sheamus is fine on his own and him being part of it would make no sense, and Drew McIntyre isn't "lost in the shuffle", he's just busy being a jobber. They tried pushing him to the moon, it failed horribly, there is a reason he is in 3MB. Stop trying to take ideas from a WWE video game, shit isn't original.

Um, wouldn't it be easier and much less of a headache to just make them a European faction as opposed to this whole UK mess? OK it would've be nice if Cesaro was available but still they have plenty of options without him. Add in Regal as a manager that'll cheat them some wins at ringside, if you want a laugh Santino could be their jobber member, or at least that really annoying guy that they don't want but keeps trying to join anyway. (Although now that I typed that I got horrible memories of that Hornswaggle DX thing from years past, ugggh)

In any case European faction, not UK. Have them win the US title off Ambrose and do the whole turn it into the European title thing for extra heat, make them feud with the Shield since Evolution won't be sticking around, gives Drew, BNB and Sheamus something interesting to do, have one of them turn face later and be replaced by Mason Ryan as muscle, maybe even add in Paige because why the hell not, etc etc. Lots of possibilities. :)

Think people are making a big deal about Ireland being in the uk seeing that I'm English I'll clear it up ,, England,Scotland,wales, and northern Ireland is part of the United kingdom
the republic of Ireland is not..
now that's sorted heres what i would do i would have wade Barrett as leader mason Ryan as the muscle drew McIntyre as the cocky up and comer and William regal as the veteran/manager of the stable
and i would call them the empire with Barrett chasing the wwe title McIntyre the i,c title regal & Ryan chasing tag gold similar as Batista & flair
and then take it from there
what do yous think

no, Sheamus can't start pretending he's from Northern Ireland when he is very clearly from Dublin. He has a thick Dublin accent. Your idea is stupid.

Read it again, moron. I said it would be a BETTER FIT than pretending Dublin was in the UK OR changing Sheamus' billed origins. I never once suggested he pretend to be from Northern Ireland. Your post is stupid. I couldn't give a trollop's rub how it would go down if I said "British Isles" on The Emerald Isle, it would fit for the purposes of a poxy wrestling faction to say that Sheamus comes from the British Isles. Because he does, whether you like it or not. I never said that he had to say he was British, did I? But you didn't read it, did you? Too busy being a top boy, giving it, "Your idea is stupid". Knob.

F*ck me, I remember now why I don't bother with wrestling forums. Full of gormless kiddies who just want to throw the abuse. You're a prat, fella.

Put Barrett in another stable? Genius! In all seriousness though, with the push it seems they're starting to give to Barrett he'll be fine alone. Sheamus is over, no need for this. Which leaves McIntyre. I think the only way he EVER gets over is a complete repackage. Not oh it's MEAN McIntyre. Like he wears a mask and foes by a different name. It's too late for McIntyre to get over after THREE YEARS of 3MB.

It is kind of scary when Heath Slater is the standout star in your stable...

I've just always imagined Barrett and Sheamus would work well together but in a tag team it would just hold them back. They came up in the business together to some extent and could help elevate each other by trying to outdo each other. In an actual stable they could reboot Sheamus' character into a badass again with Barrett getting the credit for a lot of the mic work. Even if the relationship to the United Kingdom would be too offensive, I agree that there are definite similarities to the styles of those from the areas that Sheamus and Barrett came up.

I'd love to see Regal as a manager who gets physically involved and bringing up one of the NXT guys to round out the group rather than a buried commodity like McIntyre might not be a bad idea either. NXT certainly has enough guys to fill the spot.

I just hate seeing Sheamus stuck in this holding pattern he has been in since his debut, until a new dynamic is added to his character he will never meet his full potential, and an alliance could help him get that. He is already a main eventer, the hard part is done, now its a matter of making the most of that distinction IMO. Plus, how badass would Barrett and Sheamus look wearing suits inspired by their individual heritages?

This would be a really cool idea for later on. Between The Shield, The Wyatts, and the return of Evolution, this stable would get lost in the shuffle if WWE did it anytime soon. When the stable scene dies down some, I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. Barrett has led stables before with some seeing quite a bit more of an impact than others. It wouldn't be as big of a deal as Nexus was although it would be a lot better than The Corre. He could lead this group too, keeping his bringer of Bad News gimmick intact. Or Sheamus could lead it. He has accomplished more than Barrett and Drew combined. They could bring back Sheamus' heel persona from a few years ago and Drew could go back into a more serious role such as when he was The Chosen One. Now is a bad time to do it though. This stable would be better off waiting for a chance to be able to be showcased more. At that point it could benefit the three of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back